April 27, 2024, 07:36:15 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.  (Read 40299 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
I tell reggae fan that that this gold cup would not be a walk in the park. anyway jamaica will come back though, french guiana have ah week defense.

I dont know. About 10mins left in the game. Fr Guy playing better than them

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
I tell reggae fan that that this gold cup would not be a walk in the park. anyway jamaica will come back though, french guiana have ah week defense.

first half gone already??

tell meh, who won the other game , martinique and cuba?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »

first half gone already??

tell meh, who won the other game , martinique and cuba?

1 min left in the FR Guy Jam game. Looks like the Reggae Toyz will be leaving the game pointless.

Martinique won 1-0

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »
We really love pretty football as ah nation yes. look how the board ded, ah sure if this was the copa america this thread would have been buzzing.   :cursing:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
I know.. Only you and I love we Caribbean football.

Btw.. game over. FR Guy 2- 1 Jam

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
I know.. Only you and I love we Caribbean football.

Btw.. game over. FR Guy 2- 1 Jam
Yeh i was watching it on the CFU streaming.

BTW, i luv football, regardless if it below par or brandelicious. i will watch bradford city play doncaster just the same way i would watch arsenal vs barca, i just love football, but i don't get off on pretty football more than i would watching a concacaf or caribbean team play in a tourney.

as ah matter of fact, i would much rather watch connection or calidonia play against a MLS or central american club than watch manU vs real madrid, and that's the stone cold truth!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »
The Hex Masters get hax dong by the Native froggies. ;D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2012, 07:26:47 PM »
After watching TT dismal performance (although some think that a nil nil draw is...) and JA disappointing result (They actually had about 5 first team players).. I would say the championship is wide open. The French teams are not playing around. And the Spanish teams...hmm. This is probably the best Carib cup in years. Seems like all the teams are well balanced compared to 5 years ago when there were maybe 4 top teams (JA, TT, HAI and MAR). Very good improvement for region.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2012, 07:40:36 PM »
Dem Jamaicans was boasting just the other day? Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »

So were we

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »
Who?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2012, 08:50:57 PM »
We really love pretty football as ah nation yes. look how the board ded, ah sure if this was the copa america this thread would have been buzzing.   :cursing:

Bro, most of us can't get any feed, so what is there to bray about.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »

Bro, most of us can't get any feed, so what is there to bray about.
Bray you say eh deeks?

maybe your feed down, but i guarantee that most ppl just wasn't interested, and that's fine, but when the boys don't suffice them they does come out and dog the players, even though the fellas go out there and played their hearts out, that is what does vex me.

before the big games where were they, are they truly interested? i think not, but in case yuh don't believe me, then just go back and check all the game threads from the past 6 months.

and BTW stop drinking bush for ppl fever, like i said before, your feed might be down, but i guarantee that most ppl have access.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:19:33 AM by just cool »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2012, 03:33:37 AM »
Here we go again. I remember a couple years ago Cayman Islands shocked Jamaica in a Caribbean cup game, in fact they knocked us out of the tournament that year. We saw Antigua holding a full strength Jamaica team to a 0-0 draw in an away world cup qualifying game earlier this year as well.

But I'll tell you this, even when Jamaica won the tournament last year on penalties, they were pushed right down to the wire by Guadeloupe.  Was watching the Martinique v Cuba game last night and was surprised to see Frederic Piquone playing for Martinique...this is a top striker who has played for the French National team, and who, a couple years ago was a hot commodity for West Ham United in the EPL.

Jamaica's next opponnent just happens to be Martinique...Id say this is a tough game, and Whitmore will be a worried man next couple days. I am sure Captain Horace Burrell is not too keen on the idea of missing out on the Gold Cup...nor wold he be please if Jamaica returns home without the US$100K winners prize money.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2012, 03:38:07 AM »

Any Jamaican fan would expect Jamaica to defeat French Guyana (handsomely) in a one-off game. Likewise, any T&T fan would expect T&T to defeat Guyana over two legs. Any USA fan would expect USA to defeat Jamaica (and any caribbean team for that matter)...you catch the drift

Must win game coming up against a tough Martinique team lead by Frederic Piquone.
Lets see Jamaicas response.  WIN or go home.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:40:16 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2012, 04:27:19 AM »
RF what yuh worried about, jamaica will bounce back, they always do. you guys will go on to win the next two games and qualify.

i wish i could say the same thing for us, bc right now i scared that we will not get past antigua bc IMO they are the strongest team in the group.

lets hope that we both go through bc i would like to see a T&T jamaica final.  :challenge:

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2012, 06:21:34 AM »
Both Martinique and French Guiana are loaded with league II players, CFA players and even some former league I players without club. Most of Guiana players are CFA players. Even the league I clubs in French do not want  to play these CFA teams. In the past, when you think of CFU competition, the top 4 teams that came to mind used to be Jamaica, Trinidad, Cuba and Haiti, well that's not the case any more, a lot of teams started to look elsewhere to upgrade their teams.  The only team in the Caribbean that play with 100% local players is Cuba. Their players are not allowed to play or sign contract elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:17:37 AM by truehaitian »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
Both Martinique and French Guiana are loaded with league II players, CFA players and even some former league I players without club. Most of Guiana players are CFA players. Even the league I clubs in French do not want  to play these CFA teams. In the past, when you think of CFU competition, the top 4 teams that came to mind used to be Jamaica, Trinidad, Cuba and Haiti, well that's not the case any more, a lot of teams started to look elsewhere to upgrade their teams.  The only team in the Caribbean that play with 100% local players is Cuba. Their players are not allowed to play or sign contract elsewhere.

Ever since I following footbal in the 60s, Martinique and Guadeloupe have always been good. Matinique has toured TT a couple of time and the games used to be ding-dong close. When TT go on tour the games always close. Because they are French depts, we don't se them in WC. But their players are more seasoned than our pros because they play in France. I think in the 2nd Shell, French Guiana beat TT in the oval. TT rallied back in Cayenne with a victory to qualify for the tournament. The late Russel Tesh(RIP) captain the side. So underestimate these teams at your own peril. And I think the TT team was cautious yesterday(from the comments I heard). We not top dogs anymore until the TTFF and them institute a program to eleveate our football once more.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »
Welcome back true haitian, for ah minute there i thought you were in antigua.  ;D

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »
My radio station couldn't raise enough money to send me..so I am on the www.caribbeanfootballunion.org just like as a passenger just like everyone else even though there is no audio but what can we do..hopefully the audio will be available today for the game..Im hoping a big-mega-soca win today to eliminate Antigua from the competition and their Cricket field..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2012, 12:18:51 PM »
Keep an eye on French Guiana and Suriname. Bernard Lamah has invested in an Academy and  in the country football in general & both Seedorf and Davids have done the same in Suriname & the Dutch Federation is helping them reconstruct their League
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2012, 12:23:35 PM »
RF,people are only having a little friendly banter and we dont mean no malice and what is more important is that Jamaica is capable of coming back and beating both Cuba and Martinique,that I feel sure they will do,however I feel that we are in a precarious situation and may go out but I am hoping we beat Ant&Bar tonite.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »
RF,people are only having a little friendly banter and we dont mean no malice and what is more important is that Jamaica is capable of coming back and beating both Cuba and Martinique,that I feel sure they will do,however I feel that we are in a precarious situation and may go out but I am hoping we beat Ant&Bar tonite.

These games will serve as good warm up for the Hex i believe for those players trying to keep their places in the squad. The defense is new, with the exception of captain Shavar Thomas (who will likely not even make the final squad for the Hex games)...Midfield lacked some steel also.These French players are better than average....I expect a tough game from Martinique, but with our backs against the wall now, and pretty much needing two victories to stand a chance, we have to go out and WIN. Too late to fire Whitmore now, but I think there is some leve of dissatisfaction in his player selection and tactics, and Captain Horace Burrell will be livid if we fail to advance to the Gold Cup at least.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:16:59 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2012, 05:02:07 PM »
Haiti playing for their lives boy.  :nailbiting:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2012, 05:04:24 PM »
Dem DR man in some serious pum pum shorts yes.   :-[

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »
I have purposefully chosen not to get caught up in the hype during the games. I have changed my expectations and found out I felt better when the team exceeded the expectations from teh previous round. I approached this round in the same manner.

Following this game One could sense the inconsistency  and the growing pains in putting together a team haphazardly. Victory will go to those who can prevail in the long run-----2018 has to be the targeted goal.

Here we=were exceeding expectations with one coach and at a time like this, we make a change to the coaching with the hope that it would add to the chemistry  without distracting from what  was building between the players and the lone coach?

Delayed gratification!!!!!!!!! five more years to go.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
French Guiana leading Cuba 1-0 at de half.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »
Cuba 2 French Guiana 1 ... Cuba scores 2 quality goals in 3 minutes.

Cuba showing more variation in play. Looked better prepared and cohesive even at 1-0. Game still in progress.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »
This Antiguan commentator is rell tears.

1]; } ?>