March 29, 2024, 06:46:23 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.  (Read 39911 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 04:06:18 AM »
Courtesy Shaun Fuentes on Facebook

Engineer at Antigua Recreation Ground tries to chase T&T senior footballers off the ground by driving his vehicle and parking where the session was taking place, forcing players to back off and remove their gears and equipment... his claim was no one was supposed to be using the facility while he and his workmen completed the installation of lights at the venue. The T&T team trained for 45 mins today.
This should be reported to fifa immediately! don't sleep on this TTFF, and if necessary antigua barbuda should be banned ASAP!!

file the report now!!

them antiguans is real cavemen, them and bajans are the most obnoxious and nasty ppl in the world, real hoggish and outatimin those people.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »
Williams says ‘Warriors’ can revive hope.
By STEPHON NICHOLAS (Newsday).

FORMER Strike Squad defender, Brian Williams, believes a good performance from the Soca Warriors in the 2012 Caribbean Cup finals will go a long way in restoring pride and hope in local football.

The sport has been in the doldrums since its pinnacle in 2006 when the national team qualified for the very first time for the FIFA World Cup.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and players have failed to build on that achievement, however, failing to come close to qualifying for a next World Cup while also being embarrassed in the last two editions of the Caribbean Cup.

Williams, still madly passionate about TT football, is confident though that the sport will regain its rightful place if the “Warriors” can do well at the Caribbean Cup which kicks off tomorrow in Antigua.

“Playing well and qualifying for the Gold Cup will bring some hope back. TT football has been struggling but if we do well you will see that national support return,” he declared.

The Presentation College Technical Director noted that the team must not just be satisfied with putting in a good performance at the Caribbean Cup but show continuity and build on that effort.

“We must not rest on achieving that alone, there must be continuity. We’ve been missing (games during the) international windows. We must get as much practice games as we can,” he explained.

Commenting on the composition of the squad, Williams revealed that he likes the balance but feels foreign-based Mekheil Williams should have been added to the team.

“It’s a pretty young squad but they have a little experience too. I’m very optimistic of our chances once we apply ourselves properly. Players must understand the state our football is in. It is a pretty decent squad but I feel Mekheil Williams could have added some value to the team — that is a player that needs to be looked at seriously,” he remarked.

The 51-year-old has also urged the national team to not underestimate Haiti in their opening match tomorrow as they are usually no pushovers.

“Haiti have always been a tough opponent for Trinidad. There is no team, in the position we are in right now, that we should be taking for granted.

Our concentration when we lost the ball must be at its peak and the players must apply themselves for 90 minutes because we in the Caribbean — more so TT — when we are in a comfortable position, we tend to relax and let our guard down. We must put ourselves back on the map because there is only so much a coach can do,” he pointed out.

The ex-national player also weighed on the interesting scenario of Jamaal Shabazz and Hutson Charles sharing the duties of head coach of the national team.

“Having co-coaches at the national level is quite rare because somebody has to take the responsibility. I don’t think it will be difficult to work though. Jamaal brings his wealth of experience and while working with Charles they will move the team in a positive direction.

The knowledge Jamaal has will be valuable to the national team and knowing the individuals, I don’t think it will be problem for them to get along, they are co-coaches but they must have one voice,’ he concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 05:06:12 AM »
Going for ‘Gold’
Warriors off to Caribbean Cup.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago will not just begin the quest to win the 2012 Caribbean Cup on Friday. They also have a bigger goal of qualifying for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Eight-time Caribbean champions T&T have missed out on the last two editions of the Gold Cup, the region’s top football competition, after being eliminated at the group stage of the Caribbean tournament.

The Caribbean Cup serves as a qualifier and will send its four semi-finalists to the 2013 tournament.

Hutson Charles—Trinidad and Tobago’s joint head-coach along with Jamaal Shabazz--feels it is imperative that T&T be present at the 2013 Gold Cup showpiece. He has preached the importance of Gold Cup qualification to his players from day one of Caribbean qualifying.

“They must be get fed up of hearing that. It is important for Trinidad and Tobago to keep advancing and keep winning games and especially to qualify for the Gold Cup. They (players) have been hearing that over and over and over,” Charles declared. “I think its very important, not just for them, but for Trinidad and Tobago as a whole.

The football was at a low, and now we get a nice, little momentum. Going to the Gold Cup or winning the Caribbean Cup will open so many doors.” Charles believes that the path to the Gold Cup must be taken step by step, beginning with tomorrow’s Caribbean Cup Finals opener against Haiti which takes place from 6 p.m. at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

The Soca Warriors will also face Antigua-Barbuda on Sunday, and the Dominican Republic on Tuesday. Charles said he will be using all the expertise provided by Shabazz, who was head-coach of Guyana when they were edged 1-0 by Haiti in Caribbean qualifying last month.

“Much of (what) we have done in the couple days before the tournament is geared toward Haiti. Jamaal (Shabazz) has the experience playing against them as head coach of Guyana.

He brings a lot of experience and knowledge. So, we practiced and whatever he saw we did. We are gearing towards Haiti,” Charles said. We are looking to win the tournament (Caribbean Cup), but we are taking it one game at a time.”

Charles also believe his players have bought into the goal of both winning the Caribbean Cup and qualifying for the Gold Cup.

“I think these guys are highly motivated. They want to do good for Trinidad and Tobago,” Charles said.”I think they will do well. We pick a nice blend and I think the chemistry is there. I think the guys will go there and represent well.”

Charles also admits that as the competition approaches, he is more at ease this time, compared to earlier this year when the Soca Warriors faced funding problems as they prepared to enter the 2012 Caribbean Cup.

At one point, the Ministry of Sport had indicated an intention not to fund the team. Charles credits the installation of Raymond Tim Kee as Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president as having a major impact with stakeholder thus far.

Charles thinks it now up to the players to further improve the relationship with their financial supporters by doing well at the Caribbean Cup.

“Winning and qualifying for the Gold Cup will open doors. We think our stakeholders will get on board,” Charles said “The relationship with the Ministry of Sport (will improve). I think the president (Tim Kee ) has been trying to bridge that gap, and he has been doing a tremendous work so far.

The players are seeing that, and they see things happening in terms of the financial aspect. Things are starting to come on board and gives that gives us a little sense of comfort.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 06:09:41 AM »
Nice vibes in the article. Nice team attitude by Barber who has been indoctrinating the players with purpose and goals.
Good luck T&T. Prayers for you all to do well. Hol' it dong Molino and company. Careful with injuries and keep focused for de full 90 mins.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
Cool, the thing about the Antiguans and Bajans, you doh think you stretching it a bit too far?

Offline BBL

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 08:35:02 AM »
Sorry guys, but the competition has descended into a farce before it began..

No sponsor has been found
The CFU head moved it to his own nation despite Antigua saying they'll struggle to support and afford it.
The competition groups were changed to suit one of the CFU Exec Members after the draw had taken place
From media point of view, CFU website has not been updated in over a year and the squads have yet to be published a day before the competition begins.
Also, there's been no news on television broadcasts!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
 :-[
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:30 AM »
I really like the look of Martinique's squad, a good mix of seasoned local players and some solid overseas players.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »

Engineer at Antigua Recreation Ground tries to chase T&T senior footballers off the ground by driving his vehicle and parking where the session was taking place, forcing players to back off and remove their gears and equipment... his claim was no one was supposed to be using the facility while he and his workmen completed the installation of lights at the venue. The T&T team trained for 45 mins today.
This should be reported to fifa immediately! don't sleep on this TTFF, and if necessary antigua barbuda should be banned ASAP!!

file the report now!!

them antiguans is real cavemen, them and bajans are the most obnoxious and nasty ppl in the world, real hoggish and outatimin those people.
I disagree

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »
Sorry guys, but the competition has descended into a farce before it began..

No sponsor has been found
The CFU head moved it to his own nation despite Antigua saying they'll struggle to support and afford it.
The competition groups were changed to suit one of the CFU Exec Members after the draw had taken place
From media point of view, CFU website has not been updated in over a year and the squads have yet to be published a day before the competition begins.
Also, there's been no news on television broadcasts!

Have no fear we know CFU is an acronym for Complete Fu*k Ups
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »
Bring home the CUP Boys

" ITS COMING HOME.... ITS COMING HOME "
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »

file the report now!!

I disagree
And you have all right too! but i know dem, and this is the impression i got from them.

not only them but most smaller islanders have ah fackin bolder on their shoulders, and talk about a nasty disposition!

i seen where they does want to beat up tourist women bc they have the nerve to stand up for themselves, these ppl not nice hoss!

remember i travel throughout the caribbean, and i've seen the best and the worst they had to offer, and all bets are off when ah big hard back businessman tries to slap down ah woman for having the nerve to walk the streets filming on her cam corder, i woulda buy dat fight anyday, win lose or draw.

dem ppl tooooo nasty boy, trust meh, small island man, especially antiguans are hot headed clowns.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »

file the report now!!

I disagree
And you have all right too! but i know dem, and this is the impression i got from them.

not only them but most smaller islanders have ah fackin bolder on their shoulders, and talk about a nasty disposition!

i seen where they does want to beat up tourist women bc they have the nerve to stand up for themselves, these ppl not nice hoss!

remember i travel throughout the caribbean, and i've seen the best and the worst they had to offer, and all bets are off when ah big hard back businessman tries to slap down ah woman for having the nerve to walk the streets filming on her cam corder, i woulda buy dat fight anyday, win lose or draw.

dem ppl tooooo nasty boy, trust meh, small island man, especially antiguans are hot headed clowns.

Jus Cool, I think there are hoggish and hot headed people throughout the Caribbean and of course the world.

You should hear what many of our Anglo Caribbean brothers and sisters say (think) about us (Trinidadians). Many think that we are just limers, rum drinkers, bacchanalists, corrupt (when it comes to governing ourselves), distrustful and of course "tricky".. You would be surprised how many of our Caribbean brothers laugh at us Trinis..

Island Pride not good. National pride.. a step in the right direction.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 09:10:50 PM »
Gawd, that might be true, we might be limers, and drinkers and horners and slickstars, but i will take that over woman beating, grumpy uncouth hot tempered cave dwelling monkeymen.

friend , like i said before, i traveled the caribbean, have you? and when i did i saw some real backwardness that would make all trinidad's faults seem mild, apart from the crime and the complaisance of the T&T govt and the ppl, T&T have more class and style than these places ah million times over.

and yeh, not all of them grumpy and nasty, but when yuh encounter hoggish ppl every waking day in the majority for the duration of your stay, then that's the impression you take home with you.   ;)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean Cup 2012
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
This tournament will be an interesting one. Cuba and Antigua will want to prove to the rest of the region that their recent participation in the just concluded round of world cup qualifying, while disaappointing in the end, was not a fluke. They will want to stamp their authority on the tournament. How the hell guyana failed to advance is beyond me.

Trinidad: Dont know what to expect from you guys, but I expect that at some point the resurgence in your football will start to happen. Looking at your team, I cant say the names look awfully familiar to me...si I'm assuming you have a young team.  Would like to see a Ja T&T final...being a follower ofcaribbean football over the past decade, I understand the rivalry between these two...its been sadly missing for some time now...time for it to strat happening again on a serious level.

Jamaica: Lookng at the squad Jamaica is sending to this tournament...and the fact that at least 9 of these players have been heavily involved in WCQ games up to this point anmd will likely feature un the HEX next year, I'd expect them to at least be in the top four teams. with the JFF ringing in the changes and potentially new players in europe waiting to link up with the team for the Hex, I expect the caribbean cup squad players to go all out in an effort to impress for a place in the final Hex squad:

DWAYNE MILLER Sweden
LOVEL PALMER Portland Timbers
SHAVAR THOMAS MLS
DEMAR PHILLIPS Norway
JASON MORRISON Norway
JERMAINE HUE Domestic
KEAMMAR DALEY Preston north End
RICARDO GARDNER Unattached
TRAMAINE STEWART Aalesunds
RYAN JOHNSON Toronto
DARREN MATTOCKS Vancouver Whitecaps
OMAR CUMMINGS Colorado Rappids

Not sure what the French craibbean teams are doing, they are normally very dangerous teams, Guadeloupe pushed Jamaica to the wire in the last final.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:23:20 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »
This tournament will be an interesting one. Cuba and Antigua will want to prove to the rest of the region that their recent participation in the just concluded round of world cup qualifying, while disaappointing in the end, was not a fluke. They will want to stamp their authority on the tournament. How the hell guyana failed to advance is beyond me.

Trinidad: Dont know what to expect from you guys, but I expect that at some point the resurgence in your football will start to happen. Looking at your team, I cant say the names look awfully familiar to me...si I'm assuming you have a young team.  Would like to see a Ja T&T final...being a follower ofcaribbean football over the past decade, I understand the rivalry between these two...its been sadly missing for some time now...time for it to strat happening again on a serious level.

Jamaica: Lookng at the squad Jamaica is sending to this tournament...and the fact that at least 9 of these players have been heavily involved in WCQ games up to this point anmd will likely feature un the HEX next year, I'd expect them to at least be in the top four teams. with the JFF ringing in the changes and potentially new players in europe waiting to link up with the team for the Hex, I expect the caribbean cup squad players to go all out in an effort to impress for a place in the final Hex squad:

DWAYNE MILLER Sweden
SHAVAR THOMAS MLS
DEMAR PHILLIPS Norway
JASON MORRISON Norway
JERMAINE HUE Domestic
RYAN JOHNSON Toronto

Not sure what the French craibbean teams are doing, they are normally very dangerous teams, Guadeloupe pushed Jamaica to the wire in the last final.

Whahappen, like allyuh blank the cookie monster or what, how come he's not on the roster?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 04:20:53 AM »

DWAYNE MILLER Sweden
SHAVAR THOMAS MLS
DEMAR PHILLIPS Norway
JASON MORRISON Norway
JERMAINE HUE Domestic
RYAN JOHNSON Toronto

Whahappen, like allyuh blank the cookie monster or what, how come he's not on the roster?

And who's "the cookie monster?" If ur talking about Jermaine Taylor of Houston, hes getting married this weekend so hes been excused from the tournament. Interesting enough, of the list of players above, only two are sure starters for the Hex. The others are fighting for a bench spot with the new players coming in and the others in England not called up.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:34:58 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 04:34:58 AM »

DWAYNE MILLER Sweden
SHAVAR THOMAS MLS
DEMAR PHILLIPS Norway
JASON MORRISON Norway
JERMAINE HUE Domestic
RYAN JOHNSON Toronto

And who's "the cookie monster?" If ur talking about Jermaine Taylor of Houston, hes getting married this weekend so hes been excused from the tournament. Interesting enough, of the list of players above, only two are sure picks for the Hex. The others are fighting for a bench spot.
Jermaine taylor don't look like no damn cookie monster!

i talking bout the big head byoi who used to play wid theiry henry, the one who came off the bench and saved allyuh world cup campaign.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »
Jermaine taylor don't look like no damn cookie monster!

i talking bout the big head byoi who used to play wid theiry henry, the one who came off the bench and saved allyuh world cup campaign.

LOL, you talking Dane Richards?  :D

Read Below.

------

VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that midfielder Dane Richards has signed a contract with Burnley Football Club that will see him join the Championship League side following the conclusion of Whitecaps FC's 2012 Major League Soccer (MLS) season.
Richards was acquired by Whitecaps FC last month in a trade with New York Red Bulls for striker Sebastien Le Toux as well as allocation money.

"Dane is in the final year of his MLS contract, so we knew there was a strong possibility he might get offers from Europe for next season," said Martin Rennie, Whitecaps FC head coach. "When we traded for Dane we received allocation money which is a valuable asset in our league. Dane will continue to be an important part of our squad as we push for a playoff spot, and we look forward to his contributions throughout the rest of the season before he starts with his new club Burnley FC."

"Burnley FC presented a good opportunity for me to play in Europe for the first time in my career," said Dane Richards. "At the same time, I am really enjoying my time with Whitecaps FC and will continue to work hard to contribute to the team's success as we move towards the post-season."

Richards, 28, joined Whitecaps FC on July 13, 2012 after five-and-a-half seasons with New York Red Bulls. So far this season he has started six of seven matches for 580 minutes, scoring two goals. Richards will join Burnley FC, based in Burnley, Lancashire, in January 2013.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:44:00 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2012, 11:08:53 AM »

file the report now!!

One would hope that a pronouncement from le nouveau president de la TTFF is forthcoming.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »
Congrats to Dane Richards. Deserving.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2012, 12:11:37 PM »

file the report now!!

One would hope that a pronouncement from le nouveau president de la TTFF is forthcoming.

Dont know if anyone needs to be punished...seems more like a mixup in communication between the TTFF and the tournament hosts to me. I saw some huge cranes in the background...not a good idea to have players on the field in those conditions.  Assuming the T&T management team did their due diligence in communicating with the authorities and being cleared to use the venue at the time they showed up, then it would appear to be a break-down in communication between the authorities and the engineering folks....Did the authorities give the go-ahead for the t&t team to train at a venue that is being repaired and thus unsafe for training? Thats the question that needs to be answered. The engineer guy cannot take blame here...he did the right thing by requesting no training while his crew make the repairs..
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:19:02 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »

file the report now!!

Dont know if anyone needs to be punished...seems more like a mixup in communication between the TTFF and the tournament hosts to me. I saw some huge cranes in the background...not a good idea to have players on the field in those conditions.  Assuming the T&T management team did their due diligence in communicating with the authorities and being cleared to use the venue at the time they showed up, then it would appear to be a break-down in communication between the authorities and the engineering folks....Did the authorities give the go-ahead for the t&t team to train at a venue that is being repaired and thus unsafe for training? Thats the question that needs to be answered. The engineer guy cannot take blame here...he did the right thing by requesting no training while his crew make the repairs..

Agree that no one should be. With the limited resources already. We should know what to expect, but it not be consisent:

Boyz trod along despite foul-ups.

DEEP BAY, Antigua — When Jamaican team officials were yesterday forced to assemble a goal when they arrived for training at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium it was seen as an indication that organisation here is not quite spot on.
The facility, which will see defending champions the Reggae Boyz opening their account at the CFU Caribbean Champiosnhip, was properly marked out for this evening’s game. But where were the goalposts? That was the question on everybody’s lips.
After a search, the goal posts were discovered at a corner of the property in a disassembled state. But since the show must go on irrespective, technical director Walter Gama, masseur Pablo Camargo, manager Roy Simpson and others trudged with the heap of metal to its location before beginning to put it all together.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Boyz-trod-along-despite-foul-ups#ixzz2EUxbIWIi
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »
The Reggae Boyz expect no less of our Caribbean rivals. ;D

Boyz begin defence of CFU CC title against French Guiana

DEEP BAY, Antigua — Jamaica kickstart their CFU Caribbean Championship against French Guiana this evening with one thing in mind: the defence of their title.
In fact, the hunt is made more mouthwatering as they take aim at three back-to-back titles.

Game time is at 7:00 pm (6:00 pm Jamaica time) at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium, a ground named after the outstanding Antiguan batsman.
Head coach Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore, a former seasoned campaigner at the regional level, said he expects every game in the tournament to be testy with the Reggae Boyz being the current kings of Caribbean football.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Boyz-begin-defence-of-CFU-CC-title-against-French-Guiana_13163875#ixzz2EUydXchI

jjbrown

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
From the Observer article:
The apparent organisational naivety of the small islands of the Caribbean came as no surprise, especially to team manager Simpson. Instead of being angry, he was compassionate to a point.

“We knew what we were going to be up against… we know we are the leaders in organising tournaments in the CFU, and we would expect everybody to take a page out of our book, but it doesn’t happen that way.

“As the world governing body FIFA says, it’s for the good of the game, and that is something that we believe in. Those things were not in place but we believe that Antigua is a part of the union, and we believe that when our members fall down we should support them and that’s what we did,” he said.

Still, he thought some simple things should have been better handled. “The challenge is that we expected better organisation on the ground, but as I said before that you expect certain things when you come down to the islands, but we won’t knock them too hard for that and hope that going forward everything will be on track,” he told reporters here.

All well and good, but if this isn't addressed at an official level, there will never be progress.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »

file the report now!!

Agree that no one should be. With the limited resources already. We should know what to expect, but it not be consisent:

Boyz trod along despite foul-ups.

DEEP BAY, Antigua — When Jamaican team officials were yesterday forced to assemble a goal when they arrived for training at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium it was seen as an indication that organisation here is not quite spot on.
The facility, which will see defending champions the Reggae Boyz opening their account at the CFU Caribbean Champiosnhip, was properly marked out for this evening’s game. But where were the goalposts? That was the question on everybody’s lips.
After a search, the goal posts were discovered at a corner of the property in a disassembled state. But since the show must go on irrespective, technical director Walter Gama, masseur Pablo Camargo, manager Roy Simpson and others trudged with the heap of metal to its location before beginning to put it all together.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Boyz-trod-along-despite-foul-ups#ixzz2EUxbIWIi

Fr Guy 1 - 0 Jam

I not joking!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »
Jamaica equalize

Fr Guy 1-1 JAM

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »
FR Guy 2 - 1 Jam

I thought JA would be better

FR Guy is playing really well against JA...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:22:46 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
I tell reggae fan that that this gold cup would not be a walk in the park. anyway jamaica will come back though, french guiana have ah week defense.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2012, 06:49:08 PM »
FR Guy 2 - 1 Jam

I thought JA would be better

FR Guy is playing really well against JA...
Breds, iz plenty french boys playing for them, don't ask me how they got the time off from their clubs to play in this tournament.

1]; } ?>