March 28, 2024, 02:45:18 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.  (Read 39899 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »
Why is the keeper chasing all these balls? No ball boys? Antigua sorf.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
Jamaica v. Martinique: BORING!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »
lol Bibi come on and first pass is played @ a much faster pace.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2012, 06:53:33 PM »

what is the score?

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
I have yet to see an entertaining match in this tournament. This Jam vs. Martinique game is probably the most boring one so far. Our football level in the caribbean is really low. It is sad to say, but Antigua may actually be the best team in the tournament. They played two good games.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:12:25 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2012, 07:10:56 PM »

what is the score?

0-0 with only dregs left in de game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
As one of the posters say on de CFU site ... "game gone like gangnam style" ;D  ... de feed mash up; quick so blank screen yes ...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
Martinique 0-0 Jamaica FT

I wonder if JA and  TT can muster a win to reach the final four. I keeping my fingers cross..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:04:58 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
hold up the game draw? Jamaica have no points?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »

They got 1 today. We are both at 1 point.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2012, 08:40:35 PM »

... aside from a majestic bicycle kick left-footed effort on goal by Demar Phillips.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
I have to come to the defence of the CFU championship. Guys, you all are watching too much Euro football. Give these guys a break nah man.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2012, 09:14:43 PM »
I have to come to the defence of the CFU championship. Guys, you all are watching too much Euro football. Give these guys a break nah man.

Deeks, I bet if you were to ask the players and fans of French Guiana, Martinique, Antigua and even Dominican Republic, they will say their teams are playing well.

Also, I seen better CFU games in the past. Its only Trinidad and Jamaica playing like crap..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »

Deeks, I bet if you were to ask the players and fans of French Guiana, Martinique, Antigua and even Dominican Republic, they will say their teams are playing well.

Also, I seen better CFU games in the past. Its only Trinidad and Jamaica playing like crap..

I think that pitch is a factor.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2012, 09:41:04 PM »

They got 1 today. We are both at 1 point.

silly me  ;D
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »
The pitch is a factor.

Gawd on de pitch ... no! Iz not only TT and JA playing like crap.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2012, 10:12:30 PM »
The pitch is a factor.

I swear is cricket we playing. How much turn and bounce can we expect. Lol.
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2012, 04:58:50 AM »

I think that pitch is a factor.
These caribbean teams have some shitty venues boy!

remember when guyana beat us, that field was pure sh!t, ah big dirt patch in the middle of the park with ah big sink hole in it. i think FIFA should not use countries who convert cricket and baseball grounds for football purposes.

if yuh eh have suitable football venues then fack off and build some before you get to host any football tourneys.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »
Courtesy Shaun Fuentes on Facebook

Engineer at Antigua Recreation Ground tries to chase T&T senior footballers off the ground by driving his vehicle and parking where the session was taking place, forcing players to back off and remove their gears and equipment... his claim was no one was supposed to be using the facility while he and his workmen completed the installation of lights at the venue. The T&T team trained for 45 mins today.

With the defeat to Antigua, this makes this an even more bitter pill to swallow. I hope that the TTFF takes action...Maybe I'm hoping for too much.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »
Courtesy Shaun Fuentes on Facebook

Engineer at Antigua Recreation Ground tries to chase T&T senior footballers off the ground by driving his vehicle and parking where the session was taking place, forcing players to back off and remove their gears and equipment... his claim was no one was supposed to be using the facility while he and his workmen completed the installation of lights at the venue. The T&T team trained for 45 mins today.

With the defeat to Antigua, this makes this an even more bitter pill to swallow. I hope that the TTFF takes action...Maybe I'm hoping for too much.

Oh boy. Yes, coming into this tournament, I was supremely confident that Jamaica would AT LEAST take one of the Gold Cup spots. What I didnt foresee was us getting kicked out of the tournament without winning a game. I TOTALLY under-estimate the french teams in this tournament, and truth be told, both French Guiana and Martinique looked to be a step ahead of the Jamaicans. I dare even say that Cuba looks to be a step ahead of us too. Not being able to retain the championship is not realy hard to take...what is hard to take is the fact that we likley now will not be seeing gold cup action next year...

Its an eye opener for both T&T and to a greater extent now, Jamaica. caribbean football is improving, despite what others think, as most of the players in the caribbean cup toyrnament now are full blown professionals playing in established leagues.

That said, I aslo do believe that coaching is an issue as well. I hate to say this, but while theodore Whitmore has over-achieved as coach with Jamaica, and will struggle when he comes up against better equipped coaches in the Hex.  Perhaps its too late now to bring in a qualified coach from overseas...but its clear that Whitmore is not the finished article. I hope he proves me wrong.

I was embarassd last night listening to the backward Antiguan commentators make fun of Jamaica football...they clearly think antigua is superior to Jamaica...even after they just got a 4-1 shellacking in Kingston couple months ago.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:38:08 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »
the frenchies were always in my view clear threats even while beaten by TT and I suppose Jamaica on several occasions, but they were always clear threats not be taken for granted in my view....I have no clue how u could not see that.
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2012, 09:48:58 AM »
Reggaefan, I can tell you straight up.  everybody in Antigua wants Jamaica to fail badly.  From the ball boys to the security to the fans.

I heard it myself.

They say that Jamaicans always call dem small islanders and how dem no good...well now..if Jamaica eh make it is party time for them.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:14 AM »
Reggaefan, I can tell you straight up.  everybody in Antigua wants Jamaica to fail badly.  From the ball boys to the security to the fans.

I heard it myself.

They say that Jamaicans always call dem small islanders and how dem no good...well now..if Jamaica eh make it is party time for them.
They said this because the Jamaicans were complaining about the organization of the tournament.  Then one of the commentators fired back saying he went to a conference in Jamaica and it was poorly organized so they shouldn't talk. :rotfl:  :challenge:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:12:05 AM by theworm2345 »

truetrini

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »
Poor organization indeed...field T&T played on, was too short, so they took green paint and went over the lines and then had to remeasure all this just before kick off.

Jamaica grounds had well marked field but no goal posts.

The lights on the T&T field only went up the night before the kick off and then only on the ends none in the middle.  Field real bumpy and hard too.

But the Antiguans real nice and accommodating, joking around, real one love, EXCEPT when they break in the T&T dressing room and tief 2 black berry and Molino I phone.

Internet real bad here though.   showing full bars but nutten downloading at all.  Man had to go and buy digicel cards and one man even buy a damn router.

all that aside they eh like Jamaicans at all.   lol  They say Jamaicans like to call dem small islanders and talk down too much

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
truetrini,,,, Yuh bull anybody down they ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2012, 11:02:07 AM »
Poor organization indeed...field T&T played on, was too short, so they took green paint and went over the lines and then had to remeasure all this just before kick off.

Jamaica grounds had well marked field but no goal posts.

The lights on the T&T field only went up the night before the kick off and then only on the ends none in the middle.  Field real bumpy and hard too.

But the Antiguans real nice and accommodating, joking around, real one love, EXCEPT when they break in the T&T dressing room and tief 2 black berry and Molino I phone.

Internet real bad here though.   showing full bars but nutten downloading at all.  Man had to go and buy digicel cards and one man even buy a damn router.

all that aside they eh like Jamaicans at all.   lol  They say Jamaicans like to call dem small islanders and talk down too much

I dont like them small islanders either, I thought you Trinis were bad, but them peiople from the windwards and leewards are the absolute worst. someone should tell those people football is not played on cricket pitches.

at the stadium where Jamaica playing, the field apparently was marked previosuly and then they tried to erase the original markings and remarked the field...problem is the original markings are still somewhat visible. I am putting our dismall performance down to the poor organization of the people of the "lesser" antilles. :)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »
the frenchies were always in my view clear threats even while beaten by TT and I suppose Jamaica on several occasions, but they were always clear threats not be taken for granted in my view....I have no clue how u could not see that.

not that I didnt see it...I just didnt expect them to be better than a Jamaica squad that had some europen and MLs players in its ranks.
To tell the truth, Jamaica won the championship last year only on penalty over Guadeloupe (who didnt make it this year)...game could have gone any way.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2012, 11:10:06 AM »

They said this because the Jamaicans were complaining about the organization of the tournament.  Then one of the commentators fired back saying he went to a conference in Jamaica and it was poorly organized so they shouldn't talk. :rotfl:  :challenge:

He went to a conference in Jamaica and spent 4 hrs at the airport because of flight delays. Just goes to show you how stupid that idiot is. Get your own darn airplane if you cant deal with the rigours of international travel at busy airports.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:54:11 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
May the Football GODS be with us...( again)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
truetrini,,,, Yuh bull anybody down they ?

ah english ting...yeah

she like to eat yogurt 

1]; } ?>