April 18, 2024, 07:25:38 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.  (Read 40114 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals.
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »
The smaller the island the bigger the chip on the shoulder and they also suffer with some kind of neurosis,there is one man on this MB suffer with a neurosis,he may even reply to this,ah waiting.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
All of this piss poor organization (and commentary) imputes to the CFU's reputation. I'll say again: Tim Kee speak up and address these matters in channel. Piss poor!!!

A word on the commentary: ... CFU tournament ... men going deep in the weeds on some Antiguan minutiae ... WHO CARES???? Speak to your target audience! One ah dem jokers made a comment about the keeper making a ... and I quote: "a falling down save" ... diving??? ...

Next thing: allyuh have the team sheets with names ... and not using the friggin thing enough, then when you do you're not even gehhin the player and the team correct.

The joker announced the number to text in comments (once at a rate that would make Usain Bolt blush, and then never again ... buh they could ramble on about abstract, immaterial shite).

Also, the audience includes non-English speaking followers ... CFU: time to redress the linguistic issue ... heck, yuh could bring in a man familiar with the Martiniquans and reason wid him lil bit. On that: one a dem jokers made a comment about players from Martinique having "English" names ... are you kidding me???? The man goes on to list names like Denis, Sebastian and Daniel ... that jackass actually thinks these names are the monopoly of English speakers?

Steups. De man mention Simon Crosskill ... Simon probably was shaking his freaking head embarrassed for dem men ... Simon C is a don .... dem man deh ah joker. One of them was more knowledgeable but he spoke only on occasion ... one was clearly out of his depth for a broadcast of this dimension. Simon C is a don .... dem man deh ah joker. Issues all around.

Must everything we do be amateurish?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »
truetrini,,,, Yuh bull anybody down they ?

ah english ting...yeah

she like to eat yogurt 

smh

truetrini

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
All of this piss poor organization (and commentary) imputes to the CFU's reputation. I'll say again: Tim Kee speak up and address these matters in channel. Piss poor!!!

A word on the commentary: ... CFU tournament ... men going deep in the weeds on some Antiguan minutiae ... WHO CARES???? Speak to your target audience! One ah dem jokers made a comment about the keeper making a ... and I quote: "a falling down save" ... diving??? ...

Next thing: allyuh have the team sheets with names ... and not using the friggin thing enough, then when you do you're not even gehhin the player and the team correct.

The joker announced the number to text in comments (once at a rate that would make Usain Bolt blush, and then never again ... buh they could ramble on about abstract, immaterial shite).

Also, the audience includes non-English speaking followers ... CFU: time to redress the linguistic issue ... heck, yuh could bring in a man familiar with the Martiniquans and reason wid him lil bit. On that: one a dem jokers made a comment about players from Martinique having "English" names ... are you kidding me???? The man goes on to list names like Denis, Sebastian and Daniel ... that jackass actually thinks these names are the monopoly of English speakers?

Steups. De man mention Simon Crosskill ... Simon probably was shaking his freaking head embarrassed for dem men ... Simon C is a don .... dem man deh ah joker. One of them was more knowledgeable but he spoke only on occasion ... one was clearly out of his depth for a broadcast of this dimension. Simon C is a don .... dem man deh ah joker. Issues all around.

In Tim Kee's defense, he did speak to the CFU President, and the Antigua FA President about the shit.  I was present to maco.

He was very diplomatic though, in fact he called them out on the pitch and the lighting.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:18:46 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
Courtesy Shaun Fuentes on Facebook

Engineer at Antigua Recreation Ground tries to chase T&T senior footballers off the ground by driving his vehicle and parking where the session was taking place, forcing players to back off and remove their gears and equipment... his claim was no one was supposed to be using the facility while he and his workmen completed the installation of lights at the venue. The T&T team trained for 45 mins today.

With the defeat to Antigua, this makes this an even more bitter pill to swallow. I hope that the TTFF takes action...Maybe I'm hoping for too much.

Oh boy. Yes, coming into this tournament, I was supremely confident that Jamaica would AT LEAST take one of the Gold Cup spots. What I didnt foresee was us getting kicked out of the tournament without winning a game. I TOTALLY under-estimate the french teams in this tournament, and truth be told, both French Guiana and Martinique looked to be a step ahead of the Jamaicans. I dare even say that Cuba looks to be a step ahead of us too. Not being able to retain the championship is not realy hard to take...what is hard to take is the fact that we likley now will not be seeing gold cup action next year...

Its an eye opener for both T&T and to a greater extent now, Jamaica. caribbean football is improving, despite what others think, as most of the players in the caribbean cup toyrnament now are full blown professionals playing in established leagues.

That said, I aslo do believe that coaching is an issue as well. I hate to say this, but while theodore Whitmore has over-achieved as coach with Jamaica, and will struggle when he comes up against better equipped coaches in the Hex.  Perhaps its too late now to bring in a qualified coach from overseas...but its clear that Whitmore is not the finished article. I hope he proves me wrong.

I was embarassd last night listening to the backward Antiguan commentators make fun of Jamaica football...they clearly think antigua is superior to Jamaica...even after they just got a 4-1 shellacking in Kingston couple months ago.

Well I think that the Antiguans are somewhat premature and unwise in their triumphalism. On the strength of the last few years, Jamaica has been the best team in the Caribbean. After all the ole talk and picong, this is simply a reality.

With that said, I agree, the other Caribbean teams are improving. This may actually be a good thing for the Caribbean as a whole as it forces every team not to take any team for granted. However, knowing the Trini psyche as I do, things will get worse before they get better (if they get better at all).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
Antigua is a reactionary place ... Babylon lock orf de fete next door during de game. Look ting.

Just Cool gih allyuh a rundown of the Antiguan runnings and ppl dispute what he saying. It has merit.

The presence of a Jamaican community in Antigua shapes perceptions about Jamaicans - not just the comments about their piss poor product this rounds by the J'can contingent.

truetrini

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
Antigua is a reactionary place ... Babylon lock orf de fete next door during de game. Look ting.

Just Cool gih allyuh a rundown of the Antiguan runnings and ppl dispute what he saying. It has merit.

The presence of a Jamaican community in Antigua shapes perceptions about Jamaicans - not just the comments about their piss poor product this rounds by the J'can contingent.

I find is one love with them, real cool, no problems, place real small, everywhere is ten minutes away  lol  People seem real nice to me.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2012, 12:33:04 PM »

I find is one love with them, real cool, no problems, place real small, everywhere is ten minutes away  lol  People seem real nice to me.

My time there was stellar. Cyah complain. Buh dey could geh ignorant ... might take them 30 minutes longer than a yardman doh. :)

truetrini

« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »

My time there was stellar. Cyah complain. Buh dey could geh ignorant ... might take them 30 minutes longer than a yardman doh. :)

dey does bite off de face and legs of chirren dey?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »

You have to understand that one of the commentators is a school teacher. He took the opportunity to share with his audience the fact that the Antiguan Government hasnt paid him his salary for last month yet.  I hope is not being paid for the commentary he is doing. I didnt hear him mention simon Croskill, but if anything, I'm sure simons reputation as a journalist is unquestionable.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
On another note, it will be harder for me to digest Jamaica not going through IF you guys do manage to get through. at this ppoint it does look like the football gods might be more on T&Ts side than Jamaica. Id rather One of the french teams win it if we cant win it, and it go be hard to sit and watch you guys at the world cup if we are not there.

go figure.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
On another note, it will be harder for me to digest Jamaica not going through IF you guys do manage to get through. at this ppoint it does look like the football gods might be more on T&Ts side than Jamaica. Id rather One of the french teams win it if we cant win it, and it go be hard to sit and watch you guys at the world cup if we are not there.

go figure.

Cuba is playing a better brand than either French Guiana or Martinique. If they didn't have defection issues year in, year out ... we would all be suffering.

(SWF, who is the baller that was mashing things up in Tobago?)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »

You have to understand that one of the commentators is a school teacher. He took the opportunity to share with his audience the fact that the Antiguan Government hasnt paid him his salary for last month yet.  I hope is not being paid for the commentary he is doing. I didnt hear him mention simon Croskill, but if anything, I'm sure simons reputation as a journalist is unquestionable.

I heard him. You have to understand he's also a referee.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2012, 01:33:30 PM »

In Tim Kee's defense, he did speak to the CFU President, and the Antigua FA President about the shit.  I was present to maco.

He was very diplomatic though, in fact he called them out on the pitch and the lighting.

Wha he had tuh say about the engineer mashing up de practice session?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »

They said this because the Jamaicans were complaining about the organization of the tournament.  Then one of the commentators fired back saying he went to a conference in Jamaica and it was poorly organized so they shouldn't talk. :rotfl:  :challenge:

He went to a conference in Jamaica and spent 4 hrs at the airport because of flight delays. Just goes to show you how stupid that idiot is. Get your own darn airplane if you cant deal with the rigours of international travel at busy airports.

Ammmm ... I think he meant domestic travel ... getting from Kingston to MoBay or vice versa.

truetrini

« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »
He arrived in Antigua AFTER the incident eh, but the issue was well dealt with by the coaches and technical staff, but I cannot say what he said about it.

He did mention the organization etc to the FIFA peeps and tot eh CFU President..by the way the CFU Prezz is from Antigua

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2012, 01:38:15 PM »
He arrived in Antigua AFTER the incident eh, but the issue was well dealt with by the coaches and technical staff, but I cannot say what he said about it.

He did mention the organization etc to the FIFA peeps and tot eh CFU President.. by the way the CFU Prezz is from Antigua

Yeah, ah know ... and in his haste to put Antigua on the map ... he didn't connect all his dots.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »

They said this because the Jamaicans were complaining about the organization of the tournament.  Then one of the commentators fired back saying he went to a conference in Jamaica and it was poorly organized so they shouldn't talk. :rotfl:  :challenge:

He went to a conference in Jamaica and spent 4 hrs at the airport because of flight delays. Just goes to show you how stupid that idiot is. Get your own darn airplane if you cant deal with the rigours of international travel at busy airports.

Ammmm ... I think he meant domestic travel ... getting from Kingston to MoBay or vice versa.

He said 4 hrs BETWEEN two airports...so I'm imagine he might have landed at Manley Intl and connected from there to Sangster. or the other way around.

truetrini

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »

He did mention the organization etc to the FIFA peeps and tot eh CFU President.. by the way the CFU Prezz is from Antigua

Yeah, ah know ... and in his haste to put Antigua on the map ... he didn't connect all his dots.

Yeah they are ill prepared...after effects of Jackula?

truetrini

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
truetrini,,,, Yuh bull anybody down they ?

ah english ting...yeah

she like to eat yogurt 

smh

Steups, you shaking your head and I shaking....

truetrini

« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
Antigua real nice to me yes....  ;)

Fishing and Football two of my favorite things!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:25:28 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
True trini dat dame ain't too bad at all, I have to say that I envy the Congo man, even though I had load of top quality white meat. Well done ole man, well tacking done  :applause: :applause:.  Jolly good show.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
True trini dat dame ain't too bad at all, I have to say that I envy the Congo man, even though I had load of top quality white meat. Well done ole man, well tacking done  :applause: :applause:.  Jolly good show.

:P

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
ah boy TT you moving with Sports Illustrated models now! like yuhself  ;)

de second pic look like it could be yours though... i ent hating though.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »
ah boy TT you moving with Sports Illustrated models now! like yuhself  ;)

de second pic look like it could be yours though... i ent hating though.

yeah dat is meh fren....

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »
Anyone remember last Caribbean Cup?  In the final group game Grenada and Cuba didn't even try to play a game of football so they could draw and both go through.  That could happen here as well because a draw would see A&B and Haiti through.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2012, 05:02:18 PM »
Anyone remember last Caribbean Cup?  In the final group game Grenada and Cuba didn't even try to play a game of football so they could draw and both go through.  That could happen here as well because a draw would see A&B and Haiti through.

:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »
Antigua real nice to me yes....  ;)

Fishing and Football two of my favorite things!

It's good to know that you are getting some, ahem, comfort during the torture that our team is putting us through.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
where the ass they find these commentators. "The ball is picked up by a Haitian for Haiti" WTF!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2012, 05:36:14 PM »
Yes, goal for Haiti.

1]; } ?>