April 28, 2024, 09:42:37 PM

Author Topic: TnT Caribbean Cup Team-Strikers  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TnT Caribbean Cup Team-Strikers
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:15:19 AM »
Ok I want to break down this position for the up coming tournament. In the last rounds we used Devon Jorsling, Richard Roy and (to switch to a more defensive line up) Keyon Edwards.

Jorsling scored against SVG
Roy scored against Suriname
Edwards missed a glorious opportunity against Cuba(although I can understand how tired he was)

Do we think that these player can carry us to the next level ?

Should we bring in strikers for the next tournament ?

Who should we bring ?

Should we be playing with one striker or two ?

I realize that they have already put in a call for Kenwyne Jones but what or who else is available ?

Keep in mind that we would probably only be able to carry two out and out strikers and probably a player that can play more that one position as was the case with Keyon Edwards. So who should the two or three be ?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT Caribbean Cup Team-Strikers
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »
Let me add this to the mix...Jamal Gay was injured and didn't play last rounds.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »
I would say stick to 4-5-1 and utilize a goal scoring winger dat doh mind cuttin in when they can all our available strikers seem so static ........havin two on the field at the same time is useless.
I pity the fool....

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »
I would say stick to 4-5-1 and utilize a goal scoring winger dat doh mind cuttin in when they can all our available strikers seem so static ........havin two on the field at the same time is useless.

Agree 100% seems like your describing Peltier.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 09:36:04 AM »

Agree 100% seems like your describing Peltier.

yep....is he right or left can't remamber
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:37:50 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
Peltier also played the striking role under pfister when we played barbados in T&T where he scored a hatrick, i think this was the 2nd time he played in the front man position on the national team and he had a hatrick.

he also scored against guyana in the last game @ the HSC and i think he also played in the front man position together with jones while hector played on the right flank. so yeh, definitely peltier, and don't forget guerra as an attack option and jaggy as well.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:19:10 AM »
Peltier also played the striking role under pfister when we played barbados in T&T where he scored a hatrick, i think this was the 2nd time he played in the front man position on the national team and he had a hatrick.

he also scored against guyana in the last game @ the HSC and i think he also played in the front man position together with jones while hector played on the right flank. so yeh, definitely peltier, and don't forget guerra as an attack option and jaggy as well.

Peltier is de left winger, but as you noted above de man can score in the fron man position, so between jones on top and concurls making them breakway runs on de inside, and/or 2 atop...de potential for goal scoring is postive!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

1]; } ?>