April 29, 2024, 08:39:55 AM

Poll

Honestly, how safe is T&T for the upcoming Football game?

Same as say 15 years ago, don't study the media hype.
3 (6.4%)
You have to be very careful, especially after dark.
6 (12.8%)
Crime only in Lavantille and Morvant, just avoid them two place.
1 (2.1%)
Just like any where else in the world, practice common sense anfd you should be fine.
31 (66%)
Stay far away, the gov't and the police are hopless, the place like d wild west.
6 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: November 03, 2005, 01:12:29 PM

Author Topic: I thinking bout returning for the game, but the reports from home not inviting.  (Read 7741 times)

Offline Silver-Corbeaux

• Jr. Warrior
  • RF is really ah Trini hornchile!
    • View Profile
With time running out for me to get a good price on a ticket home to T&T (Have not been home in YEARS), I am a bit concerned about the crime.
Thoughts?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
With time running out for me to get a good price on a ticket home to T&T (Have not been home in YEARS), I am a bit concerned about the crime.
Thoughts?

Go home and see bout yuh business eh man....

Once you eh move like no mook you good to go....

yuh eh going on no vacation... is home yuh going...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
Go home man. What yuh worried about? As long as yuh use good judgement and common sense... as is required EVERYWHERE else... you go be fine.

If you drop it like dat, what you go leave for de Carnival tourists to do?

Go home man.
Toujour Pret!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Home is a safe place man.

Dont let people tie you up.

I go home all the time and I have never been robbed.

Just act like you know what you doing and where you going

Most of the crime in TnT is Gang vs Gang related

Random people does get rob but that can happen any where in the world.

Just give them the money and let them go, no need to fight.

Especially a Dotty Cobo like you should have nothing to fear.

Man passing you straight Bandit and all...................

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you cuss me tell me about my mother. tell me about how fathers day in morvant and now you fraid to go home.

when i go home i does wear a $2000(us) chain in de midle ah town i does rent expensive cars liming all trough lavantille in the wee hours ah de night goin to evry party dah matter where it is

FRAID TO GO HOME :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I TAUGHT COBO DOES LIVE ON THE BEETHAM

AH SET AH INTERNET BADMAN

GO HOME AND STOP PLAYING COWARD NAH BOY
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 01:33:47 PM by morvantman »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Don't believe the hype, as meh boy say juss do move like a mook.  The people who are affected by crime the most live in Morvant and Lavantille. You have pick pockets as usual. The biggest problem in Trinidad is the influx of guns. The crimes that would have been committed with knives or cutlasses in the past have become sophisticated. With the low detection rates and even lower conviction rates its a lot easier for somebody to fire his weapon and not consider the consequences.

Doh study it the Stadium will have real security anyway. One last thing doh stand up in town( Charlotte Street) talking on your cell phone. It won't be yours much longer.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
that is not true dude...I dunno if all these felllas here really blessed or what, but crime getting closer nad closer to home.  back in the day you always knew somebody who knew somebody who get knocked unconscious and robbed, or who get brutally murdered - you never knew those people....butr now!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
that is not true dude...I dunno if all these felllas here really blessed or what, but crime getting closer nad closer to home.  back in the day you always knew somebody who knew somebody who get knocked unconscious and robbed, or who get brutally murdered - you never knew those people....butr now!!!

There's no doubt that crime is a growing problem but the question was if it was safe for the man to go to game. I don't know if you disagree that it is safe.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Bounty, de man done say he FRAID to go home, and you go hit him wit dat post.  hahahah :rotfl:

Well de man tearin up he ticket now.  :rotfl:
hahahahahahahah
Toujour Pret!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
go home...jus keep aware of yuh surroundings...
Back in Trini...

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boy buy yuh ticket and go home...yuh just have to know wey your liming and just remember that T&T is not like it use to be....When i was back home i use to hangout out on de block anytime..De last time ah went home...by 8-9 o clock de block quiet....Once yuh not in no chupidness you good to go!!!!

T&T Still Sweet  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Now ah don't know if ah could go back home and live...that's ah different story!!!!

MickeyRat

Some of us does want to go home and play Yankee, so when yuh ass get rob for showing off the new watch, or big gold chain, or the latest kicks, doh cry.  
For me, is old jeans and t-shirts, and ah old pair of sneakers.  Men does mark yuh, but that can be avoided by acting cool.

I remember ah Carnival 2 fellas follow we from the airport (They had asked me if I needed a taxi while waiting for my ride) and try ah ting on de highway, but luckily for me meh pops and uncle in the police and coast guard, so they does have they piece on them.  

Doh worry man, just be alert and go and have fun.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:10:46 PM by MickeyRat »

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeah yuh right..if yuh go home and flash yuh stuff!! Then yuh have to watch yuh back...Ah have ah chain with ah big map ah Trinidad on it..As soon as ah reach home meh aunty and dem say..Doh go around de place with dat hanging aroud yuh neck...because yuh go be a target

Offline Silver-Corbeaux

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I remember ah Carnival 2 fellas follow we from the airport (They had asked me if I needed a taxi while waiting for my ride) and try ah ting on de highway, but luckily for me meh pops and uncle in the police and coast guard, so they does have they piece on them.  

Doh worry man, just me alert and go and have fun.

Have fun? Me eh hve no family in the on the force much less the coast guard. Laaaard, I eh totally convinced by the results of the poll nah.
The reality is, it looking like "water more than flour", I eh no badjohn, and Morvantman, me eh no cyber-badman either.
I just want to see home and enjoy the game , visit a few friends, and then rideout. But bomb, gun, police fightin police, Who kidnap who, bandit in army and police clothes, what d hell?
Right now ah still on d fence oui.

Morvantman I might not be a badjohn, but I eh no coward, I consider myself a self-preservationist. That is why I want to know what other folks experiences are like.
And Morvantman if you does really roll like that, I wish you well, but that seems like inviting trouble.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
bossman go home enjoy yourself watch the game. wear yuh red. witness 1st half of TT football history.  You will be ok, leave the bling bling at home.

u know where to go and where to avoid. etc.  use common sense etc etc.

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
bandit like dog does smell fear.... feel yuh better chill cause from the time yuh go home is jitters...  yuh cyah move freely an' yuh cyah have a good time... so if yuh scared from now crapeau smoke yuh pipe.... yuh stay away too long now yuh fraid cause yuh loose touch... tha's de good advice....

bad advice.... doh waste time.... buy yuh ticket ASAP.... head down to Maracas for a bake & shark, get some doubles btween there and the stadium, wine & drink, drink & wine, treat everybody like a breds, trinistyle, have a good time, say a prayer, come back up here and is back to the grind...  :chilling:

life my friend is what you make it!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
If you want to come home you will be here. Don't mind some of these fellas. The place is safe enough to come home get ticket go to stadium and fly back. And you don't have to be tizzik all de time, just conscious of your environment

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok, the crime bad and gettin worst, murder n kidnappin rate one ah d highest per capita in the world... buh it not like u goto be scared to walk out yuh door (during d day)... at night things cud be a lil different if u not in a crowd... all in all d law enforcement has failed, too corupt, and nobody wanna take d blame... time for change... time for communities to look out for eachother, community watch groups, where if a fella come in a neighbourhood to kidnap, rape, beat, thief, kill a resident, and get catch by the people on look-out that night, he got to be punished in tune with the crime.

if dat happen accross d country... dem fellas go be scared to walk into a neighbourhood and tief or kill

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok, the crime bad and gettin worst, murder n kidnappin rate one ah d highest per capita in the world... buh it not like u goto be scared to walk out yuh door (during d day)... at night things cud be a lil different if u not in a crowd... all in all d law enforcement has failed, too corupt, and nobody wanna take d blame... time for change... time for communities to look out for eachother, community watch groups, where if a fella come in a neighbourhood to kidnap, rape, beat, thief, kill a resident, and get catch by the people on look-out that night, he got to be punished in tune with the crime.

if dat happen accross d country... dem fellas go be scared to walk into a neighbourhood and tief or kill

aye fella... ah guess yuh telling de broda to hurry down???

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Breds if yuh a true socawarrior and yuh have dey time and dollars to go home and support de boyz...DO IT you go enjoy yuh self :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:  :cheers: :cheers:

Vibes It Up!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Go home and enjoy the game......

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Funny eh, yuh know, back in de big-stone, knife and cutlass days in Trini, men used to hear bout all de gun business, de gang business, killing and murder in NY and DC and dat never stop man from coming foreign. Now dat Trini ketch up and have gun business too, is nuff men fraid to go home.  :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline Silver-Corbeaux

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Man, from looking at the poll and reading all the posts, is two different things. Plenty know that home is on fire now, but they still trying to post encouraginging messages, and voting along those lines.
Some however are supporting what I have read about the present situation, yet even they do not vote.

I will sleep on it and decide on the purchase  by tomorrow.

Thanx for all the views, I will consider everything.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Silver, go with what ever give you peace ah mind bredda. I just have ah feelin, if you go home and go to dat game, when you come back here, all you go be talkin bout is de DAM GOOD TIME you had.

Respeck!!!
Toujour Pret!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Silver how which man you from. How much it costing to go home now from nyc. I thinking about going home but i go have to wait to see how funds looking like

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Silver - if yuh frighten, doh go boy, is yuh life yuh talking bout.
Yuh bound to find a spors bar to take in the game.

Send me the $$ you was going to buy the ticket with and i will take the risk for u and brave it out...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Boat loads of University students go home every year.

You think you could convince them to stay up here cuz it not safe?

Yes town hot but if you base things solely on the news you will not get a realistic view of things.

Once you step off the plane....reach home safe and conduct yuhself in the right way you might feel lil chupid for being scared to return to YOUR OWN COUNTRY for a few days.

Just listen to the people who you staying by to get the lay of the land and move to suit.
Cah be fraid to go back yuh own country for a few days boss.  If things never get better home you could picture living the rest of your life with T&T as a fleeting memory never to be revisited?????   :'( 
Some things worth whatever perceived risks but is your decision to make.

Offline Latso

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I mean if you don't want to come home, than you could give me the ticket for the match and the flight and I will do it for you ;)

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I called travel span this morning and they don't have any flight going for de game. She said they have ah flight leaving JFK on de 11th but not returning till de 15th or de 16th..She said they been getting calls from people asking about charted flights just for de game ....but they would have to get at least 200 people to send a charted flight!!!!! Bwee flight really expensive!!!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
well well well when the grass is cut the snakes is shown. now we see that you are a humble and rather nice fellow. nice to know your true colours and that being said.
1. avoid clothes that trinis dont usaully wear, it may cause you to stand out too much
2.a dinner special at kfc is no longer $20 so when the cashier asks for like 5$ more fuh your chicken dont cuss them i get in trouble for that.
3. avoid late nights on nelson street. and yes i know the punch man on the top does make nice punch but its not worth your life.
4. take bwee at own risk.
5. the drag mall is no longer there go to new city mall for ah pair ah clarks now

go and enjoy the game breds
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>