March 28, 2024, 04:19:32 AM

Author Topic: Trademark decision made by the TTFF… Some things never change.  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Trademark decision made by the TTFF… Some things never change.
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
Trademark decision made by the TTFF… Some things never change.
By Inshan Mohammed.

In trying to be objective, it is quite difficult to comprehend the latest decision made by new TTFF President Raymond Tim Kee and Technical Director Anton Corneal to appoint former Guyana head coach Jamaal Shabazz as joint head coach for the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team that will contest the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals next month in Antigua & Barbuda.

Without sounding like a broken record what is the criteria to qualify for such a position? As a die-hard supporter of our national football team, I find myself continuously asking this question since Jack Warner began pulling the strings in T&T football.

Tim Kee himself stated that Shabazz’s success at Caledonia AIA has not gone unnoticed and was one of the reasons why he got the current position. With an influx of Guyanese players Caledonia has had great success over the past year whereby they won many titles including the FA Trophy, Lucozade Sport Goal Shield, First Citizens Cup (2011 & 2012) and the CFU Club Championship.

At the international level they however were quickly reminded about football outside of the region when they were drummed by Marathón and Seattle Sounders respectively to finish as table propers, conceding 8 goals and scoring 3 in the process with one point in hand.

Now let’s examine Shabazz’s coaching record at the international level with Guyana where just recently they exited the Caribbean Cup second round qualification in last place, scoring 5 and conceding 6 as French Guiana and Haiti progressed.

At the 2014 World Cup qualifiers Guyana had an impressive first round series, knocking out the Soca Warriors by a point. During the semifinal round though, the team were ridiculously beaten by Mexico, Costa Rica and El Salvador scoring 5 and conceded 24 goals.

To add insult to injury Super League team Stokely Vale has already knocked out Caledonia from the current Toyota Classic.

If the TTFF reckons that their decision in appointing Shabazz to the hot seat was based on club success, then did they even consider other local coaches who have garnered more success on the club level?

Were coaches such as Stuart Charles of W Connection who to date has been the most successful local coach in the Pro League even considered?

Is there really such a dearth of capable local coaches that the same usual suspects are being recycled within the TTFF?

Some of these local coaches get unlimited opportunities and then excuses are thrown out that they are the most successful and qualified ones. At least give the others a chance too?

Interim head coach Hutson Charles has been doing a decent job and has not lost a Caribbean Cup qualifying game since taking the helm, so does he really need the help? Why not hire Jamaal Shabazz as an assistant then?

As a loyal poster on SocaWarriors.net pointed out, maybe this appointment was put in place to keep an eye on Charles and continue to maintain control of the national team from a higher level. One can only imagine what Charles must really be thinking of this situation.

There should be a fair system in place to screen coaches and that should also include presidents and technical directors as well.

So in light of this recent development my advice to our new president is, if you really want our football to progress, please stop making trademark decisions and don’t take Trinbagonian supporters for fools. You promised to listen and work with the fans, but already this decision seems contrary to your word.  I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

Over and out.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:57:34 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trademark decision made by the TTFF… Some things never change.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:28:58 PM »
Dahis solid, tight commentary there, Flex.  :beermug:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Buh wat de France is dis!!?!?!?!

De facking jokiness continues!!!!!

How Joint-Head-Facking-Coach come een dis?

Boy yuh could ask so many questions bout dis, ah don't even know where to start....me, good ting I learn to laugh years ago yes >:(

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:12:13 PM »
This is business as usual for the TTFF. By the time the dust settles on the Caribbean cup we will have a very good idea whether Tim Kee is a genius or a rank jackass. I have a feeling we will soon be begging Oliver Camps to come back, Lol
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
Just to add some objectivity to the mix-----have the powers to be ever consider a foreign-local kinda fella by the name of Terry Fenwick? In terms of experience as a player, knowledge of the game, familiarity  with the local players and coaching credentials where does he stand relative to our present appointments? Would he be a good fit? With Stephen Hart around, would he not be a valuable asset to our rebuild in some capacity?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
Just to add some objectivity to the mix-----have the powers to be ever consider a foreign-local kinda fella by the name of Terry Fenwick? In terms of experience as a player, knowledge of the game, familiarity  with the local players and coaching credentials where does he stand relative to our present appointments? Would he be a good fit? With Stephen Hart around, would he not be a valuable asset to our rebuild in some capacity?

AB like yuh read Deeks post bout de Fenwick coaching some team name Football Factory or what?

When I see dat I ask mehself, "A A Fenwick in Trinidad?"
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:36:48 PM »
Great write up Flex.

I want to see IF the team qualifies for the Gold Cup if Jamaal Shabazz will coach the team via SKYPE.

Tim Kee lost marks here and it seems Anton Corneal is the man who really pulling the strings.

They give certain coaches all the tools/backing to be the most qualified in T&T and then say they are the most qualified.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
How can the Head Coach of a professional team be appointed as the national team coach?

Tim Kee is allowing the Corneals to dictate him.

Not even a month Tim Kee here and already this crap happening.

Once a man twice a child and Tim Kee is showing his true colors he learned from Jack Warner.

Tim Kee spent 10 years in office with T&T football and he did nothing, he was one of Jack Warner pets and now he came back to finish us off.

What a poor decision by him.

How can a man stick up a country, kill innocent civilians and walk the streets today portraying T&T and people not doing anything about it. In some other country this clown Jamaal Shabazz would hand been hung.

I can't understand why these old fools in our country want power and just cant handle it.

Is true when Lord Nelson say "all ah we is one family"...

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:00:20 PM by Star Child »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »
Tim better pray this team qualify for gold cup.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »
The Fans should do like the Chelsea Fans and boo the new addition. Great Article , this article was motivated by the Soca warriors outrage

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »
The Fans should do like the Chelsea Fans and boo the new addition. Great Article , this article was motivated by the Soca warriors outrage
I actually like this idea

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 10:15:33 PM »
you guys kidding me, are you really surprised by this decision?

hence the reason i have stated that football should not be run by locals, some still don't understand why i stated that, i guess people have to learn the hard way

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 12:46:29 AM »
And Tim Kee does rhyme with what again?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 12:58:57 AM »
Look like Baba was de loan coach for only a short time
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 01:09:33 AM »
By de way, if T&T happen to qualify fuh de Gold Cup, and assuming Shabazz still involved wit dw team as coach or whaever, how he go coach?  By remote?

Because as far as I know, de Gold Cup does always play in de USA and Shabazz does always come up wit some excuse as to why he cyah go dey.  :) :)

Maybe dat too much medium term planning for Tim Kee dem. Given de TTFF history, planning to dem is a east dry river housing project
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:12:50 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 03:33:42 AM »
Paging Godfrey Adams !!!!

You are needed sir, we have a terrorist on the loose who is weeviling his way into T&T football and has now requited Tim Kee.

On a serious note, them f00ckers should dead ... all ah them !!!!!!!!

Expect to see Radanfha Abu Bakr get call up soon.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:42:32 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 11:59:50 AM »
My wife played for T&T under Jamal Shabaaz and I cant tell you first hand he is full of favoritism and does not have the ability to coach outside the region. Training was a joke and reminds me of some school team in training.

On the flip side, he is not a long term coach for T&T and does have favor with the TTFF, maybe he knows some dark secrets of theirs.

However, he is at this point in time the better coach of the two, short term fix, maybe? but definitely not long term.

Hutson Charles is a very nice person but he cannot coach or is in need some some help.

But I agree with Flex here, do it the fair way, maybe Stuart Charles would have been a better short term option?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:02:07 PM by Errol »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »
this shabazz appointment is astounding wtf  is wrong with them people at the ttff .??  shabazz is persona non grata if i do recall  it is doubtful that this man shabazz can travel/or allowed  unto u.s soil provided   tnt qualifies for the gold cup .... or is he going to perform  his duties via skype as was the case with the guyanese national team ,,,,,, in the event the warriors qualify ?? is the same ole thing over and over again  president tim kee come better than that ....... this time around don't think for a minute people are being fooled .......ah close eye is being kept on you mr president  tim kee

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
Paging Godfrey Adams !!!!

You are needed sir, we have a terrorist on the loose who is weeviling his way into T&T football and has now requited Tim Kee.

On a serious note, them f00ckers should dead ... all ah them !!!!!!!!

Expect to see Radanfha Abu Bakr get call up soon.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »
MR Shabaaz......should be no where close to any National Football Team ....PERIOD
His best option is to make himself unavailable..... :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
As I observed in the other thread... this is how we punishing treason now?  This is a man with blood on his hands, who was party to a crime against the nation... now we turning around and appointing this insurrectionist to represent the same nation who's honor he defiled?  Even if you want to set aside the non-football "politics," it doesn't even make sense from a footballing standpoint... there can be only one chief.  Say nothing of his inability to set foot in the US.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »
Eh Bakes, this move is like USA hiring Bin Laden to coach they men football team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »
Eh Bakes, this move is like USA hiring Bin Laden to coach they men football team.

:-\
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »

Hard to compare it to anything in the US... because if this was the US he woulda been wearing about six hole in he chest from de firing squad.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
MAYBE TTFF JUST SCARED OF THE MAN SO THEY GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANT!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
where jus cool and the rest of the tim kee supporters, ent he was the answer??? :D

he really answer, he answer the call of shabazz  :D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »
I find it funny that as soon as Tim Kee take over money start flowing again. The bachannal with the steamed  ;) minister boil down, No manager complaining, the TTFF eh "finding" money from "good supporters", Harford silent, uniforms getting wash without going to the laundromat down the street.

Noone else eh find it funny?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »
I find it funny that as soon as Tim Kee take over money start flowing again. The bachannal with the steamed  ;) minister boil down, No manager complaining, the TTFF eh "finding" money from "good supporters", Harford silent, uniforms getting wash without going to the laundromat down the street.

Noone else eh find it funny?

the only time you will know tt football is really being run well and without interference is when an ex-pat runs it and has no obligations and commitment to any local based... otherwise its the same ole same ole, all them men going out 2nite to beat some liquor and put dong some food down the avenue, eat ah food....that should be the slogan for ttff

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »

pinkey?
kinky?
doblinski?
kimchee?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »

pinkey?
kinky?
doblinski?
kimchee?

finicky
tricky
dinky
winky winky
picky

1]; } ?>