March 28, 2024, 12:01:45 PM

Author Topic: Trademark decision made by the TTFF… Some things never change.  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trademark decision made by the TTFF… Some things never change.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: we wanted change,take change.Why are u guys complaining? 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 06:17:45 AM »
i have become so numb to trinidad football over the past few years and i have that numbness to thank for saving me the mental agony at trying to process this latest decision..

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
I feel gutted by this decision.

And I smell Anton Corneal hands in this.

I work with Jamal a while ago while he was women's coach, so I know first hand

Nice work Flex.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
Nothing should come as a surprise from the TTFF; a surprise would be if they do decide to ever get it right! In principle, joint coaching duties may not adversely affect a program or team however in this case as inmost involving the TTFF, moves are never fully explainable nor do they apparently seem to have merit.

First, we have a young mostly local team that have achieved success despite the vast adversities in terms of funding, training and support. Their accomplishments in spite of it all, with a local and relatively inexperience international coach is much to be complimented for at these times. In what appeared to be attempts to move forward with our program, many have now been 'warming up' to accept this direction win or lose.

Now for the kicker, an appointment of a second coach. Why this particular coach? without being prejudicial of the man, could the TTFF outline the international; qualifications, assets, skills and experience, this coach will bring to the program to enhance the performance of our team? What are the advantages and the announcement of the timing to the program? Would someone of a Stephen Hart calibrate be more meritorious of this position?

If the TTFF could be more transparent in its appointments and clearly justify the criteria of such appointments, maybe we , the ordinary fan could be more accepting of the practices of the  said organization. I am not asking for a public declaration of the person's resume, just some clarity as to what strengths and what insights this person may have in moving our program forward.
Respectfully submitted to whomever from the TTFF that may find this worthy of  consideration.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: we wanted change,take change.Why are u guys complaining? 

:rotfl:

all man jack rejoice tim kee and he done start to pull wool over their eyes, this board is real tears don

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 02:10:22 PM »

all man jack rejoice tim kee and he done start to pull wool over their eyes, this board is real tears don

Not quite so. Everybody rejoiced because we finally had some change after some 30 years of jack's rule. highs, lows, hiigh lows,very low and flat on we face. We accept Tim Kee with reservations. At least I do. I don't know him well to say his selection is a positive move. We will have to wait and see. And as far as jack no longer the face of TT football. good f--king riddance.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:12:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »

Not quite so. Everybody rejoiced because we finally had some change after some 30 years of jack's rule. highs, lows, hiigh lows,very low and flat on we face. We accept Tim Kee with reservations. At least I do. I don't know him well to say his selection is a positive move. We will have to wait and see. And as far as jack no longer the face of TT football. good f--king riddance.
  I think it's understandable that everyone should rejoice that Tim Kee has steped up to the plate weather we know him or not,the thing is let someone else try,lets give someone else a chance,we in the dumps guys lets support the man,he may or may not have all the answers,he may or may not do what alyu want,how and when are we going to come out of the hole we in.   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »

I think it's understandable that everyone should rejoice that Tim Kee has steped up to the plate weather we know him or not,the thing is let someone else try,lets give someone else a chance,we in the dumps guys lets support the man,he may or may not have all the answers,he may or may not do what alyu want,how and when are we going to come out of the hole we in.   

How could I rejoice when d Tim Kee fella was part of d TTFF b4 especially when d bonus dispute strted. So me eh seein change.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 05:44:03 AM »
I feel gutted by this decision.

And I smell Anton Corneal hands in this.

I work with Jamal a while ago while he was women's coach, so I know first hand

Nice work Flex.

I have something to help yuh guts, send me a message !

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »
T&T needs me – Shabazz.
By Emmerson Campbell (stabroeknews.com).

In an hour-long emotional speech that ended in tears, celebrated national football coach Jamaal Shabazz formally resigned from his post, citing commitments to his home country, conflicts within the GFF and government’s lack of vision for the sport in development plans.

Shabazz is widely regarded as Guyana’s most successful football coach with wins in four World Cup qualifying matches. The Trinidadian intimated that an appeal by Trinidad and Tobago’s Football Federation (TTFF) for him to assume a more permanent post was also a major deciding factor in his decision.

In his speech at the Radisson Hotel, Shabazz said, “I called you here today to first say goodbye to a country that has accepted me on two occasions in…..

Full report on the stabroeknews.com website, which I have no access too..

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T needs me – Shabazz
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
T&T needs me – Shabazz
By Emmerson Campbell (Stabroek News)

In an hour-long emotional speech that ended in tears, celebrated national football coach Jamaal Shabazz formally resigned from his post, citing commitments to his home country, conflicts within the GFF and government’s lack of vision for the sport in development plans.

Shabazz is widely regarded as Guyana’s most successful football coach with wins in four World Cup qualifying matches. The Trinidadian intimated that an appeal by Trinidad and Tobago’s Football Federation (TTFF) for him to assume a more permanent post was also a major deciding factor in his decision.

In his speech at the Radisson Hotel, Shabazz said, “I called you here today to first say goodbye to a country that has accepted me on two occasions in my football career and a country that I have grown to love.

“The first reason for me resigning is that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has asked me to play a more full-time role in football in Trinidad and Tobago, starting with joining the national staff as the co-coach of the national team,” he said. Shabazz added that “The present coach is there on an interim basis and it is the view by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation that I can help the staff and the team to qualify for the World Cup. I had a very short time to make this decision and when I analyzed the situation in Guyana with the federation and the chaos which we must not hide with the GFF and GFA and the whole uncertainty of a pathway forward for football, I felt that in the interest of my family and my future, I had to make a decision to return to my country.”

Shabazz went on to say that on analysing the situation, he realised that the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) is a work in progress and that certain sections of the GFF did not share the same vision for the development of the sport. “The GFF is a work in progress and where we want to take football, there are still people in the GFF that don’t want to go there, they are patient and I am using kind words, they are very patient with wanting to see football where everybody can eat, they cannot see that football can move from the cap-in-hand begging, to uniting a country and becoming a million-dollar industry,” he said.

The T&T born coach was on his second stint at the helm but he ruled out a third tour, though he added that it was a difficult decision to make because of his love for Guyana. He also posited that without the chaos in Guyana’s football, the nation can achieve much more.

“I came here first from 2005 to 2008, then I resigned in 2008 and then I came back in August of 2011, I say to you Allah knows best but there would not be a third coming of Jamaal Shabazz, I have given all that I can give with all sincerity, I have made whatever knowledge I have of the game available to the staff,” he explained. “I have come to love this country as my own, Guyana has tremendous potential, when I came here first, I was so impressed with the talent, I say with full confidence that this country can achieve a lot more.”

Personalities over progress

Shabazz called for an end to the GFF and the Georgetown Football Association (GFA) rift which has dragged on for over a year and questioned if the stakeholders really do have the interest of football at heart.

“The chaos, the disunity, the treachery that exists, we cannot turn a blind eye to it, this situation with the GFF and the GFA is now over a year and it is not solved and we cannot say why men who claim they have the same interest in football cannot find common ground, if their interest is the same, can’t they find common ground? And this is the question that I ask; can’t we find common ground to solve a problem? But we don’t see the players, we don’t see the football, we see the personalities and we see no progress,” he added.

According to Shabazz, despite the treachery and disunity here he has met some of the best brothers and some of the most trustworthy people he has ever encountered. He also praised Assistant Coach Wayne Dover as having played an integral role in the team’s development and made a symbolic gesture to his heir apparent by taking off his yellow jersey and handing it Dover.

“I think the time has come for Guyana to look inside and respect its own. Coach Dover has proven to be the most consistent coach that Guyana has produced and you look at the history book, the time has come for the GFF and the Guyana fraternity to give him that respect because I don’t think that anything this team has achieved could have been achieved without him and everything that he achieved, he played a major role and I want to symbolically give this shirt to Coach Dover,” Shabazz said.

Shabazz then called on the government to revisit its view of sport in development and reminded the media that the Jagdeo Administration had promised the team a piece of land after they qualified for the third round of the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers. “I think that the government of Guyana needs to recognize the role that sports and culture can play in the development of a nation,” adding that “sometimes there is too much pettiness.”

The former head coach also made clear his intentions to ask government for the land that former President Bharrat Jagdeo pledged that the team could have on advancing to the qualifiers. “Mr. Jagdeo promised that if we advanced that we would get land so now Mr Ramotar, I respectfully say to you that I look forward for you to deliver good on this promise of the land because these men have delivered and served this nation with distinction…When we qualified it was not the Golden Jaguars that advanced but it was  Guyana that advanced and the government must see the correlation with sport and culture and human development.” He then thanked the government, players, his staff and the rest of the nation for their love and support.

Neither GFF President Franklin Wilson nor members of the executive attended the briefing.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:09:39 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »

And all of that crocodile tears, yet he doing a Guyana press conference with a TTFF shirt on.

Talk bout rubbing salt in your wound.

;D
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
BIG FAT WET LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS JAMAL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »

And all of that crocodile tears, yet he doing a Guyana press conference with a TTFF shirt on.

;D

these men will do anything to "EAT AH FOOD"  oui... lol

like i said, this board is real tears oui  :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »

Shabazz called for an end to the GFF and the Georgetown Football Association (GFA) rift which has dragged on for over a year and questioned if the stakeholders really do have the interest of football at heart.

“The chaos, the disunity, the treachery that exists, we cannot turn a blind eye to it, this situation with the GFF and the GFA is now over a year and it is not solved and we cannot say why men who claim they have the same interest in football cannot find common ground, if their interest is the same, can’t they find common ground? And this is the question that I ask; can’t we find common ground to solve a problem? But we don’t see the players, we don’t see the football, we see the personalities and we see no progress,” he added.

According to Shabazz, despite the treachery and disunity here he has met some of the best brothers and some of the most trustworthy people he has ever encountered. He also praised Assistant Coach Wayne Dover as having played an integral role in the team’s development and made a symbolic gesture to his heir apparent by taking off his yellow jersey and handing it Dover.

Rich coming from somebody who was actively involved in a coup to overthrow his country's government.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »
Good article Flex! In order to comprehend you might need to look at the TimKee's nexus  and relationship with Maple/ Alcons and the Corneals. Tried to be a Maple  player and was or is  executive of Alcons owned by the Corneals . Shabazz then Hyron Best Goalkeeper of Alcons. Add 1 & 1. Anton is not calling the shots ,it is his father!
I am very disappointed that TimKee is allowing loyalty to friends to dictate the future of Trinidad and Tobago football. You know the history with Corneal and coaches such as Fenwick. He tries to squeeze anyone who he thinks is a challenge to his son who is not up to that level.
From selling lettuce to making big decisions. What a move!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »

;D

Ah ha ha ha! Oh gaaad, I want to dead with laugh!!! Shabazz does rock that TTFF jacket shirt like a badge of honour. That playing for the home fans anyway. But on a serious note, the man level more public criticism at the GFF in 5 minutes that he EVER put down against the TTFF in his whole career. When it comes to our federation silence and subservience is the golden rule. These fellas know which side their bread is buttered. Good luck to you
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »
Interesting stuff.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »

brother, im all about change but this is recycling, i remember a certain instance with tim kee where he failed to impress many years ago, with lack of organization and vision, so i was surprised to see him in  the short list, i support an outsider who has zero interaction with the local cabal, in order to save our football from further oblivion
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:21:04 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »

;D

Ah ha ha ha! Oh gaaad, I want to dead with laugh!!! Shabazz does rock that TTFF jacket shirt like a badge of honour. That playing for the home fans anyway. But on a serious note, the man level more public criticism at the GFF in 5 minutes that he EVER put down against the TTFF in his whole career. When it comes to our federation silence and subservience is the golden rule. These fellas know which side their bread is buttered. Good luck to you

breds i wonder what shabazz laundry bill is? :D or how many ttff apparel he have to be ponging that on a regular

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »

breds i wonder what shabazz laundry bill is? :D or how many ttff apparel he have to be ponging that on a regular

lol
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2012, 06:48:15 AM »
Jamal Shabazz is such a fake, how could Guyana swallow this fake man cries.

If his time was up with Guyana, just be a big man and say you moving on.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »
I heard Stuart Charles might face the axe ? can anyone confirm this !

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2012, 01:09:59 PM »
Maybe Flex and dem could start a lil contribution thread, everybody could chip in to get shabazz a sport coat or someting.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:40 AM »
Star Child
You want to know how Guyana can't see this man is a fake! What about Trinidad? And Tobago? Our expectations have fallen so low now!

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2020, 08:25:06 AM »
Just to add some objectivity to the mix-----have the powers to be ever consider a foreign-local kinda fella by the name of Terry Fenwick? In terms of experience as a player, knowledge of the game, familiarity  with the local players and coaching credentials where does he stand relative to our present appointments? Would he be a good fit? With Stephen Hart around, would he not be a valuable asset to our rebuild in some capacity?

Ent  ah say so?..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2020, 05:41:18 PM »
Just to add some objectivity to the mix-----have the powers to be ever consider a foreign-local kinda fella by the name of Terry Fenwick? In terms of experience as a player, knowledge of the game, familiarity  with the local players and coaching credentials where does he stand relative to our present appointments? Would he be a good fit? With Stephen Hart around, would he not be a valuable asset to our rebuild in some capacity?

Ent  ah say so?..

Fenwick name has always been in the mix. But the past admin. has always thought otherwise. The best pick of coaches since Beenhaker has been Stephen Hart. I think Tim Kee admin. picked him. So Terry has his chance now. Let's see him talk the the talk and walk the walk.

1]; } ?>