April 28, 2024, 06:35:38 PM

Author Topic: Glen and Molino among seven new Caribbean Cup call-ups  (Read 3192 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glen and Molino among seven new Caribbean Cup call-ups
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
Glen and Molino among seven new Caribbean Cup call-ups
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

North East Stars striker Cornell Glen is the only Digicel Pro League addition to Trinidad and Tobago’s Caribbean Cup finals training squad while six foreign-based players have also been included as the “Soca Warriors” campaign for their first CONCACAF Gold Cup berth in five years.
At present, there are 27 footballers in training although this will be whittled down to 20 before the squad departs on Wednesday morning for the 2012 Caribbean Cup finals in Antigua and Barbuda. The Caribbean Cup kicks off on December 7 and the top four teams advance automatically to the 2013 Gold Cup, which begins on 7 July 2013 in the United States.
The 32-year-old Glen, who played professionally for six US Major League Soccer (MLS) teams including Los Angeles Galaxy and the New York/New Jersey Metrostars, would hope to be there after forcing his way into contention with a fine start to the Pro League season.
Glen is the leading scorer in the top flight so far this term with eight of the 18 goals scored by Stars in all competition, despite being hampered by a niggling groin strain that curtailed his playing time. He is one of two World Cup 2006 survivors along with Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA playmaker Densill Theobald.
Defenders Robert Primus and Daneil Cyrus and attacker Willis Plaza have also rejoined the squad after missing the Caribbean Cup semifinal phase. Primus, who plays for FC Aktobe in Kazakhstan, was out injured while Cyrus and Plaza were on trial with Vietnam team, Song Lam Nghe.
DIRECTV W Connection owner David John Williams told Wired868.com that Plaza, Cyrus and midfielder Hughtun Hector have all decided to risk their Vietnam careers to play at the Caribbean Cup finals.
Song Lam Nghe revealed, via electronic correspondence, that the trio will only be signed after the tournament if they return to good Vietnam in good health.
Read more: http://www.wired868.com/2012/12/03/glen-and-molino-among-seven-new-caribbean-cup-call-ups/

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen and Molino among seven new Caribbean Cup call-ups
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »
Once more, Philadelphia Union playmaker Keon “Skillachi” Daniel misses out in bizarre circumstances. At just 25 years of age, Daniel has amassed an impressive 54 international caps with 12 goals but the MLS player does not appear keen to add to them.

After cutting off all communication with the technical staff and his own agent for the duration of the semifinal phase, Daniel was tracked down by new head coach Jamaal Shabazz last week. The left-footed playmaker was in Trinidad and Tobago and, in a telephone call, he declared an interest to join the team training.

He was not heard from since.

“There is still no word from Keon Daniel,” national team manager William Wallace told Wired868. “He is AWOL (absent without leave) as far as we are concerned.”

Steups!!!   >:( :frustrated:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 01:04:15 PM »
Once more, Philadelphia Union playmaker Keon “Skillachi” Daniel misses out in bizarre circumstances. At just 25 years of age, Daniel has amassed an impressive 54 international caps with 12 goals but the MLS player does not appear keen to add to them.

After cutting off all communication with the technical staff and his own agent for the duration of the semifinal phase, Daniel was tracked down by new head coach Jamaal Shabazz last week. The left-footed playmaker was in Trinidad and Tobago and, in a telephone call, he declared an interest to join the team training.

He was not heard from since.

“There is still no word from Keon Daniel,” national team manager William Wallace told Wired868. “He is AWOL (absent without leave) as far as we are concerned.”

Steups!!!   >:( :frustrated:
  This is what we like,keep running down those guys and begging them to play for T&T and then blame administration and technical staff. 

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 01:32:39 PM »
Overall, seems that selectors have mostly the right intentions .... and the players mostly seem to sense a new vibes with the team and sacrificing their club careers to get national selection. Nuff respect Warriors! Kinda worried about the purported behaviour of Skilla. I hope he's alright and not dealing with some silent
sufferin' matter.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:34:29 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »
Overall, seems that selectors have mostly the right intentions .... and the players mostly seem to sense a new vibes with the team and sacrificing their club careers to get national selection. Nuff respect Warriors! Kinda worried about the purported behaviour of Skilla.

when people complain our players lack patriotism they should come back and read this part. yes they know there will be scouts there, but a lot of them are proud to wear the uniform.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
I thought George was gonna be on the team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
This is what we like,keep running down those guys and begging them to play for T&T and then blame administration and technical staff. 

Ent...

I say f00ck he.... dont call him again.

If he have a problem he should come clean. This baby attitude is f00cked up.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:08:20 PM »
WE GOING HARD OR WE GOIN HOME!!! Go WARRRIORS!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »
Is kite season?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »
Hello. I should have mentioned George and I will go back and include it. He couldn't join the squad at a reasonable time, considering that he has never played with the majority of these guys before. So they decided to wait until next year to use him.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
I told allyuh bout skilla!!!! where rastaman? he was defending him although i told him that his conduct was childish.

skilla behaving like he have ah streak of madness goin on, imagine he blank playing in front of his home fans who was longing to see him, something dwight or colvin hutchinson woulda never do.   :yellowcard:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »
I told allyuh bout skilla!!!! where rastaman? he was defending him although i told him that his conduct was childish.

skilla behaving like he have ah streak of madness goin on, imagine he blank playing in front of his home fans who was longing to see him, something dwight or colvin hutchinson woulda never do.   :yellowcard:
I conceed.... :notworthy:

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »
Cornell just tell me he not going as he was not selected..and he does not know why....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 07:04:52 PM »

Just to give some perspective, back in 2008 while at Petrotrin, Keon failed to show up for two matches and ended up being let go by de club. He also went on trial at West Ham without telling the club. De fella have issues.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »

Just to give some perspective, back in 2008 while at Petrotrin, Keon failed to show up for two matches and ended up being let go by de club. He also went on trial at West Ham without telling the club. De fella have issues.
I eh know much about the fella, but that he's ah damn good player when he's in the mood, and has ah good eye for goals, soooo talented ah player this guy iz, but after what he did in tobago is enough to blank him from the team for ah good while.

IMO if the fella had said "i can't make it bc i have prior engagements" then we could have understand that, but to totally disappear without word and to add insult, cut off all communication is down right facked up and doh give ah damn behavior, and we don't need that on our team, no matter how much you could score.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:02:13 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
Overall, seems that selectors have mostly the right intentions .... and the players mostly seem to sense a new vibes with the team and sacrificing their club careers to get national selection. Nuff respect Warriors! Kinda worried about the purported behaviour of Skilla. I hope he's alright and not dealing with some silent
sufferin' matter.
I am worried about Skilla, not about football skills or ability, but about his mental state. If some intervention is not taken soon, that young willl lose more than his career.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:12 PM »
This Daniel fella he suffering some kind of mental illness or something?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »
I am worried about Skilla, not about football skills or ability, but about his mental state. If some intervention is not taken soon, that young willl lose more than his career.

thank you very much Dreamer and Storeboy for looking beyond the no show by Skilla....I am also very concerned for him

I know his best friend from school days ...not in touch with him much ...but i wont forget some of the things he told me about Skilla...but thats private...

but you all never notice the man body language on the field ?????..serious ???... you ever see him running around and over celebrating on the field when he score ???...the man strange..... maybe a loner...who knows...

and yes i know some of your responses now will be ... da da da da da....

Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »

thank you very much Dreamer and Storeboy for looking beyond the no show by Skilla....I am also very concerned for him

I know his best friend from school days ...not in touch with him much ...but i wont forget some of the things he told me about Skilla...but thats private...

but you all never notice the man body language on the field ?????..serious ???... you ever see him running around and over celebrating on the field when he score ???...the man strange..... maybe a loner...who knows...

and yes i know some of your responses now will be ... da da da da da....

come on big mag, this iz the national team we talking bout here, if ah fella feel that he can't live up to that obligation then let him stay clear of the national team, no body eh go vex him fuh dat. and if the yute have mental or psychological problems, then let him seek professional help.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
This Daniel fella he suffering some kind of mental illness or something?

Someting not too right there.  Hope he gets out of it sooner rather than later. 
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
he's not the first and most likely won't be the last

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »
Yea, de Jemmot syndrome.

Everybody have problem in this world, but a simple phone call is not to hard.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »
The squad have favoritism written all over it plus Glen suing too no way Roy Guy and Jostling better than Glen also Caledonia have too much players on this team they shit down themselves in Cup games
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »
How allyuh know the man has psych. problems. He playing regularly in the MLS, that means his brain is okay Whey allyuh getting news from. Did he say he is having mental problems. My guess is, at this time he wants to stay as far away from TTFF and national football. He probably just wants to chill out and have some peace of mind. If he was Jemmont he would have been under coconut tree in Tobago or by Bucco trying to pick up tourist.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »
The squad have favoritism written all over it plus Glen suing too no way Roy and Jorsling better than Glen also Caledonia have too much players on this team they shit down themselves in Cup games
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How allyuh know the man has psych. problems. He playing regularly in the MLS, that means his brain is okay Whey allyuh getting news from. Did he say he is having mental problems. My guess is, at this time he wants to stay as far away from TTFF and national football. He probably just wants to chill out and have some peace of mind. If he was Jemmont he would have been under coconut tree in Tobago or by Bucco trying to pick up tourist.
Yea let d man live. No one knows wat the real problem is or if there is a problem. Something could have happened behind the scenes that we dont know about. If he mental why they still pursuing him for the team?   ???

1]; } ?>