March 29, 2024, 04:23:29 AM

Author Topic: New York Knickerbockers Thread  (Read 46426 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New York Knickerbockers Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2015, 08:24:35 AM »
Former Knicks fan favorite Anthony Mason dies at 48

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2015, 04:38:19 PM »
Sources: Knicks emerging as frontrunners to sign Arron Afflalo
By Adrian Wojnarowski

The New York Knicks are emerging as the frontrunners to sign free-agent guard Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Arron Afflalo (Getty Images)

For months, the Knicks and rival executives have believed that New York is the likely destination for Detroit fre- agent forward Greg Monroe, and now it appears that Afflalo is the most likey target to potentially join him with Carmelo Anthony in New York, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

With Monroe expecting to command a maximum contract on the market, Afflalo could earn a deal in the neighborhood of three years, $36 million-$38 million, league sources said.

The Knicks have the salary-cap space to sign both, pairing them with All-Star Carmelo Anthony in the starting lineup.

Afflalo finished the past season in Portland, where he had been traded at the February deadline from Denver. Afflalo averaged 13.3 points on the season. Across his seven seasons, including stops in Detroit, Denver, Orlando and Portland, he has averaged 11 points a game.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2015, 07:03:10 PM »
Of all picks, stein and turner would have been better choices by far.. Why does everyone feel they will unearth a Dirk N.. That's  a one in ten million chance..

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2015, 07:37:10 AM »
    ESPN.com news services

The New York Knicks and Arron Afflalo agreed to a two-year deal worth $16 million on Thursday, a source told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne.

The agreement includes a player option for the second year of the deal, sources said, which could allow Afflalo to again test free agency after next season.
Arron Afflalo averaged 13.3 points for Denver and Portland last season, and he has made 38.5 percent of his 3-point attempts over his career. Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images

The deal with Afflalo is the Knicks' first move in free agency but one that should help the struggling franchise, which is coming off a 17-65 season. And it comes at a reasonable cost considering all the money spent on the opening day of free agency Wednesday across the league.

Afflalo is the type of two-way player Knicks coach Derek Fisher can use and should be able to provide the kind of shooting that departed when Tim Hardaway Jr. was traded on draft night in exchange for drafting Notre Dame combo guard Jerian Grant. Afflalo is a 38.5 percent 3-point shooter over his eight-year career and averaged career-highs of 18.2 points and 42.7 percent 3-point shooting during the 2013-14 season with the Orlando Magic.

Afflalo is also familiar with Knicks star Carmelo Anthony; the two were teammates with the Denver Nuggets from 2009 to February 2011.

Afflalo, 29, was traded to the Portland Trail Blazers by the Nuggets last February in exchange for Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson and a 2016 lottery-protected first-round pick. He appeared in 25 games (19 starts) for Portland.

The 6-foot-5 shooting guard proved a crucial piece late in the season for the Blazers after guard Wesley Matthews was lost for the season with a torn Achilles. Afflalo averaged 10.6 points in 30.1 minutes per game, shooting 40 percent from 3-point range. For the season, he averaged 13.3 points in 78 games.

Prior to the 2014-15 season, Afflalo was traded from the Magic to the Nuggets in exchange for Evan Fournier and Roy Marble. In 2012, he was the centerpiece for the Magic in the four-team Dwight Howard trade. He had a career season in Orlando in 2013-14, averaging 18.2 points per game while hitting 42.7 percent from 3.

Afflalo was drafted 27th overall out of UCLA by the Detroit Pistons. In eight seasons, Afflalo has played for four teams, which includes two stops with the Nuggets. For his career, he's averaging 11.4 points in 577 games.

Afflalo was an unrestricted free agent after exercising a $7.75 million player option.

ESPN.com's Ohm Youngmisuk and Royce Young contributed to this report.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »
Why Phil Jackson Aced this Offseason.

By IsaacMiller

An optimistic look at the Knicks offseason.

I want put my thoughts out there about the Knicks situation and the players we got on this squad.

I've been hearing so many fans complain about Phil and Melo. So much damn negativity. I'm sick and tired of it. I love what he is doing with this team. Building sustainable success while winning as many games as possible. He's the only Knicks president with the balls to rebuild. He is bringing in the right players. Not the quick fix.

Many Knicks fans are tired of hearing about the triangle. Many are upset that we haven't acquired a star talent to play alongside Carmelo Anthony. Phil Jackson set out this offseason with a plan. To find the players with youth, some defense and potential, that fit his system (The Triangle).

We saw with the Hawks this year. They proved that you don't need superstar talent to succeed if you have the right role players in the right system. And thats exactly what he is doing.

Now this process may take a year or two. But I think we can really win some games even this year with the roster Phil has put together.

The Triangle is mainly predicated on 3 things. Big men that can pass or score out of the high post, cutters that can finish down low, and shooters that can spread the floor for kickouts when either the double team comes on the high post man or when the defense loads up down low to defend the players cutting to the basket.

In my opinion the Kyle O'Quinn signing could be a steal. He averaged 13 points, 10 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 2.1 blocks, and shot over .500 percent per 36 minutes. The 6"10 250 pound 25 year old Power Forward - Center has tons of potential especially in the Triangle system.

His passing ability is really really good for a big man. He is almost like a point guard in that regard. Operating out of the high post his passes to cutting players will be highly effective. His defense as well, is a big plus as he is a tough, gritty, and long defender with a 7 foot 4 wingspan.

Here is a link to a great scouting report on Kyle O'Quinn. http://jacobeisenberg.com/2015/06/18/kyle-oquinns-analytical-scouting-report/

Of course, the triangle will mainly operate through Melo in the high post which is a huge threat for opposing defenses as he can create his own shot if he is left 1 on 1 or pass out of the double team. The knock on Melo has always been that he is selfish, not a willing passer, takes too many shots and doesn't run the floor. While I understand those concerns, he never really played with the right players around him or with the right system around him. The burden of scoring 30 points a night is quite a heavy one. I understand the Knicks fans that were expecting a superstar to come over and be the Robyn to Melos Batman with all the cap space we had. But that was near impossible because we sucked last year. Now while he doesn't have a superstar playing alongside him, I think he has the correct role players for the system to change the way he plays just a little. For him to embrace the triangle and the passing, teamwork, and equal scoring opportunities the triangle brings to the players around him.

Which brings me to the shooters and cutters. We all know how upset many fans were with the Kristaps Porzingis pick at the number 4 selection of the draft. I think many fans post draft went and watched some tape or highlights of this guy and opinions were quickly changed. I love this kid. Man, can he shoot! And he's 7"3!! You can't block him! He's fast, can finish down low and loves to slam it home with authority on jams.

While the knocks on Porzingis is that he is not NBA ready, needs to bulk up, and needs to work on post defense, I have faith that the Knicks trainers will spend a lot of time with him in the gym and giving him Creatine shakes and whatnot. I trust that Derek Fisher and his coaching staff will develop his offensive and defensive game as well in due time. In the meantime, while his game developes, his talent that is NBA ready, namely his shooting, will be perfect in the triangle for kickouts to the perimeter. He will have wide open shots. If Porzingis is developed well by this Knicks coaching squad, he very well may end up, like many analysts have said, as the best player out of this years draft.

Arron Afflalo is another example of Phil bringing in a player that fits his system. He is a good defender and a great shooter from mid range and a solid 3 point shooter. While the numbers say that his play is declining slightly, he is still considered a great starter in this league and could very well be the second scoring option on this team. For his contract at 2 years 16 million he came as a bargain to the Knicks, as similar players were receiving 10 to 15 million per year. Heck, Iman Shumpert got 4 years 40 million!

Robyn Lopez was the biggest signing of the offseason. After missing out on Greg Monroe, Phil signed the next best center on the market. To me the difference between Monroe and Lopez is negligible. Yes, Monroe is a far better offensive player but his defense is not very good, to put it mildly. Lopez is a jack of all trades, master of none, but he is very close to a master rim protector and defensive anchor down low in the paint. He rebounds very well and can score on putbacks and mismatches. His offensive game is solid. He plays with an aggressive, tough mindset and is strong enough to battle tough centers like Timofey Mozgov, Joakim Noah and others down low in the paint. Another plus to having Lopez down low is that you can have him on the court together with Porzingis and have him clean up Kristaps' mistakes he might make as he develops into an NBA quality defender.

Jerian Grant. Son of former NBA player Harvey Grant, nephew of NBA player Horace Grant, and brother of 76er Jerami Grant. Basketball is in this kids DNA. He is the Knicks point guard of the future and in my humble opinion, the steal of the draft. As a four year starter at Notre Dame, he is ready for the NBA. He was the leader of that team and his coaches rave about his basketball IQ. He is a good passer, great penetrator, and a decent long range shooter. Not the greatest triangle fit but he will be able to be a good cutter, a light perimeter threat, and will run the pick and roll to perfection when the Knicks are not running a triangle play. Grant is also big at 6"5 and can be used as a combo guard. He is a very good defender on the perimeter which has been a major weakness of the Knicks for many years. I love this kids game and I expect him to come in and contribute right away.

Derick Williams was the second overall pick in the 2011 draft. He was picked there for a reason. He obviously has potential. Played for some really bad teams in Minnesota and Sacramento. Career averages of 9.3 points per game, 4.3 rebounds per game, 0.3 blocks per game. His field goal percentage is a respectable .429. Clearly a bench / depth player. He is a terrible defender though. Hopefully Knicks coaching will get him to play better at that end. I'm not expecting amazing play from him but I think he will have his moments.

Then we've got some of the players from last year. Langston Galloway, everyone loved him. He made second all rookie team. Averaged 11.8 points per game and 3.3 assists. I'm expecting a step up from him as he will be an integral part of our offense off the bench. He'll play big minutes. He's got good potential as a solid role player that can be a perimeter threat in the triangle and score in the paint.

Jose Calderon. He has to play better than last year. I really don't know why he just didn't have it last year. Maybe he was playing with a nagging injury or perhaps playing with a squad that wasn't very good allowed opposing defenses to focus on him more.

But if we can have him back to his old self he can be one of the best 3 point shooters in the game. He can run the offense very well, create plays for other players, and brings good veteran leadership to what's turning into a very young basketball team.

CleAnthony Early showed flashes of what he can do. Hopefully in his second year he'll have a better grasp of the NBA game speed and difficulty. Early can score, create his own shot or be a spot up shooter. Not much of a defender. He was heralded last year as a great pick by the Knicks at 33 overall. Hopefully he can a reach some of that potential in his second year.

There are still a couple roster spots to fill. Hopefully Phil can bring in another scorer to come off the bench and provide a punch. Maybe even bring back Alexey Shved who played well in his time here last year.

All in all, I love what Phil has done with this roster given the choices he had. He was not going to bring in a star. Why would LaMarcus Aldridge come here instead of the Spurs?! Greg Monroe? The Bucks are a really amazing young team. Of course he chose them. And look at them! They lost the most games in the NBA in 2013-2014. That was 1 year ago!!! Now look at them.

This Knicks team was not a destination that most free agents wanted to come to and Phil was still able to build a really nice roster despite that. Maybe if we win a respectable amount of games this year then next year we might be a free agent destination.

We are a young team on the rise. Our future success depends on the play of our young players. If Kristaps Porzingis can develop into a star, if Jerian Grant, Langston Galloway, and Kyle O'Quinn into really good rotation players and maybe even Derrick Williams, CleAnthony Early and Thenasis Antetokounmpo become good options off the bench. Then we have a great young nucleus of players surrounding Carmelo and our veterans. A whole lot must go right, but this Knicks team can get to the playoffs.

And then there is next offseason. Kevin Durant?

Thanks for reading and go Knicks!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »
Why Phil Jackson Aced this Offseason.

By IsaacMiller

An optimistic look at the Knicks offseason.

I want put my thoughts out there about the Knicks situation and the players we got on this squad.

I've been hearing so many fans complain about Phil and Melo. So much damn negativity. I'm sick and tired of it. I love what he is doing with this team. Building sustainable success while winning as many games as possible. He's the only Knicks president with the balls to rebuild. He is bringing in the right players. Not the quick fix.

Many Knicks fans are tired of hearing about the triangle. Many are upset that we haven't acquired a star talent to play alongside Carmelo Anthony. Phil Jackson set out this offseason with a plan. To find the players with youth, some defense and potential, that fit his system (The Triangle).

We saw with the Hawks this year. They proved that you don't need superstar talent to succeed if you have the right role players in the right system. And thats exactly what he is doing.

Now this process may take a year or two. But I think we can really win some games even this year with the roster Phil has put together.

The Triangle is mainly predicated on 3 things. Big men that can pass or score out of the high post, cutters that can finish down low, and shooters that can spread the floor for kickouts when either the double team comes on the high post man or when the defense loads up down low to defend the players cutting to the basket.

In my opinion the Kyle O'Quinn signing could be a steal. He averaged 13 points, 10 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 2.1 blocks, and shot over .500 percent per 36 minutes. The 6"10 250 pound 25 year old Power Forward - Center has tons of potential especially in the Triangle system.

His passing ability is really really good for a big man. He is almost like a point guard in that regard. Operating out of the high post his passes to cutting players will be highly effective. His defense as well, is a big plus as he is a tough, gritty, and long defender with a 7 foot 4 wingspan.

Here is a link to a great scouting report on Kyle O'Quinn. http://jacobeisenberg.com/2015/06/18/kyle-oquinns-analytical-scouting-report/

Of course, the triangle will mainly operate through Melo in the high post which is a huge threat for opposing defenses as he can create his own shot if he is left 1 on 1 or pass out of the double team. The knock on Melo has always been that he is selfish, not a willing passer, takes too many shots and doesn't run the floor. While I understand those concerns, he never really played with the right players around him or with the right system around him. The burden of scoring 30 points a night is quite a heavy one. I understand the Knicks fans that were expecting a superstar to come over and be the Robyn to Melos Batman with all the cap space we had. But that was near impossible because we sucked last year. Now while he doesn't have a superstar playing alongside him, I think he has the correct role players for the system to change the way he plays just a little. For him to embrace the triangle and the passing, teamwork, and equal scoring opportunities the triangle brings to the players around him.

Which brings me to the shooters and cutters. We all know how upset many fans were with the Kristaps Porzingis pick at the number 4 selection of the draft. I think many fans post draft went and watched some tape or highlights of this guy and opinions were quickly changed. I love this kid. Man, can he shoot! And he's 7"3!! You can't block him! He's fast, can finish down low and loves to slam it home with authority on jams.

While the knocks on Porzingis is that he is not NBA ready, needs to bulk up, and needs to work on post defense, I have faith that the Knicks trainers will spend a lot of time with him in the gym and giving him Creatine shakes and whatnot. I trust that Derek Fisher and his coaching staff will develop his offensive and defensive game as well in due time. In the meantime, while his game developes, his talent that is NBA ready, namely his shooting, will be perfect in the triangle for kickouts to the perimeter. He will have wide open shots. If Porzingis is developed well by this Knicks coaching squad, he very well may end up, like many analysts have said, as the best player out of this years draft.

Arron Afflalo is another example of Phil bringing in a player that fits his system. He is a good defender and a great shooter from mid range and a solid 3 point shooter. While the numbers say that his play is declining slightly, he is still considered a great starter in this league and could very well be the second scoring option on this team. For his contract at 2 years 16 million he came as a bargain to the Knicks, as similar players were receiving 10 to 15 million per year. Heck, Iman Shumpert got 4 years 40 million!

Robyn Lopez was the biggest signing of the offseason. After missing out on Greg Monroe, Phil signed the next best center on the market. To me the difference between Monroe and Lopez is negligible. Yes, Monroe is a far better offensive player but his defense is not very good, to put it mildly. Lopez is a jack of all trades, master of none, but he is very close to a master rim protector and defensive anchor down low in the paint. He rebounds very well and can score on putbacks and mismatches. His offensive game is solid. He plays with an aggressive, tough mindset and is strong enough to battle tough centers like Timofey Mozgov, Joakim Noah and others down low in the paint. Another plus to having Lopez down low is that you can have him on the court together with Porzingis and have him clean up Kristaps' mistakes he might make as he develops into an NBA quality defender.

Jerian Grant. Son of former NBA player Harvey Grant, nephew of NBA player Horace Grant, and brother of 76er Jerami Grant. Basketball is in this kids DNA. He is the Knicks point guard of the future and in my humble opinion, the steal of the draft. As a four year starter at Notre Dame, he is ready for the NBA. He was the leader of that team and his coaches rave about his basketball IQ. He is a good passer, great penetrator, and a decent long range shooter. Not the greatest triangle fit but he will be able to be a good cutter, a light perimeter threat, and will run the pick and roll to perfection when the Knicks are not running a triangle play. Grant is also big at 6"5 and can be used as a combo guard. He is a very good defender on the perimeter which has been a major weakness of the Knicks for many years. I love this kids game and I expect him to come in and contribute right away.

Derick Williams was the second overall pick in the 2011 draft. He was picked there for a reason. He obviously has potential. Played for some really bad teams in Minnesota and Sacramento. Career averages of 9.3 points per game, 4.3 rebounds per game, 0.3 blocks per game. His field goal percentage is a respectable .429. Clearly a bench / depth player. He is a terrible defender though. Hopefully Knicks coaching will get him to play better at that end. I'm not expecting amazing play from him but I think he will have his moments.

Then we've got some of the players from last year. Langston Galloway, everyone loved him. He made second all rookie team. Averaged 11.8 points per game and 3.3 assists. I'm expecting a step up from him as he will be an integral part of our offense off the bench. He'll play big minutes. He's got good potential as a solid role player that can be a perimeter threat in the triangle and score in the paint.

Jose Calderon. He has to play better than last year. I really don't know why he just didn't have it last year. Maybe he was playing with a nagging injury or perhaps playing with a squad that wasn't very good allowed opposing defenses to focus on him more.

But if we can have him back to his old self he can be one of the best 3 point shooters in the game. He can run the offense very well, create plays for other players, and brings good veteran leadership to what's turning into a very young basketball team.

CleAnthony Early showed flashes of what he can do. Hopefully in his second year he'll have a better grasp of the NBA game speed and difficulty. Early can score, create his own shot or be a spot up shooter. Not much of a defender. He was heralded last year as a great pick by the Knicks at 33 overall. Hopefully he can a reach some of that potential in his second year.

There are still a couple roster spots to fill. Hopefully Phil can bring in another scorer to come off the bench and provide a punch. Maybe even bring back Alexey Shved who played well in his time here last year.

All in all, I love what Phil has done with this roster given the choices he had. He was not going to bring in a star. Why would LaMarcus Aldridge come here instead of the Spurs?! Greg Monroe? The Bucks are a really amazing young team. Of course he chose them. And look at them! They lost the most games in the NBA in 2013-2014. That was 1 year ago!!! Now look at them.

This Knicks team was not a destination that most free agents wanted to come to and Phil was still able to build a really nice roster despite that. Maybe if we win a respectable amount of games this year then next year we might be a free agent destination.

We are a young team on the rise. Our future success depends on the play of our young players. If Kristaps Porzingis can develop into a star, if Jerian Grant, Langston Galloway, and Kyle O'Quinn into really good rotation players and maybe even Derrick Williams, CleAnthony Early and Thenasis Antetokounmpo become good options off the bench. Then we have a great young nucleus of players surrounding Carmelo and our veterans. A whole lot must go right, but this Knicks team can get to the playoffs.

And then there is next offseason. Kevin Durant?

Thanks for reading and go Knicks!

food for thought... i support Phil and his decisions but the prozingis experiment i am not in favor of...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »
Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony ‘trusts’ Phil Jackson — for now
By Marc Berman

Carmelo Anthony and Knicks team president Phil Jackson Photo: Getty Images; Bizuayehu Tesfaye

LAS VEGAS — Carmelo Anthony is good with Phil Jackson … for now.

Knicks officials have been in contact with Anthony in the last 24 hours and got a strong sense he has been bothered by rumors about his disillusionment with Jackson’s free-agent haul. Anthony made it clear he still “trusts Phil’’ and is trying to enjoy a vacation before ramping up his summer rehab training.

Of course, Anthony’s mood could change if the new Knicks embark on another miserable season resembling last season’s 17-65 disaster, but for now he is still believing and withholding judgment.

The Post reported back in December that Anthony was so depressed about losing, he told a confidant he would consider waiving his no-trade clause if Jackson came up with a deal to a contender.

After the season, Anthony confirmed, in December, he was “second-guessing’’ his decision to re-sign with the Knicks, but Jackson regained his trust during a dinner in London.

When asked by The Post Monday at the summer league if he has spoken to Anthony about his free-agent catches, highlighted by Robin Lopez and Arron Afflalo, Jackson said he had not. That, along with Afflalo’s disclosure he hadn’t heard from Anthony, set off speculation Anthony must not be thrilled with the star-less cast Jackson has assembled.

Knicks general manager Steve Mills had debriefed Anthony on the free-agent scenarios and combinations they were trying to snare. Nevertheless, the $29 million did not snare an All-Star-caliber player such as centers DeAndre Jordan or Greg Monroe.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:04:37 PM by royal »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2015, 06:58:53 AM »
Noted Knicks critic Charles Barkley praises New York's offseason moves

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

This may stun some Knicks fans, but longtime critic Charles Barkley says he actually liked team president Phil Jackson's moves this offseason.

“I actually disagree with all the criticism that people are giving the Knicks. I think the Knicks should be on national television this year. They actually got NBA players,’’ Barkley, a TNT analyst, said Wednesday night on NBA TV's show to reveal the NBA schedule.

Barkley added: "Robin Lopez is an NBA player, Arron Afflalo is an NBA player, [draftee] Jerian Grant is an NBA player. That’s three NBA players that they did not have last year. And they're going to get Carmelo [Anthony] back. [First-round draft pick Kristaps] Porzingis is going to be a good player, maybe not right now, but he's going to be a good player."

Barkley rarely praises the Knicks. He's ripped the team several times over the years, and last season he got in a war of words with Jackson over the triangle offense and the Knicks' president's use of Twitter.

Barkley also said last year that the Knicks shouldn't be on national television.

"There were times we showed the Knicks — and I’m not trying to badmouth the Knicks,’’ Barkley said. “They had players who should be playing in the D-League or overseas. That’s just a fact. They didn’t have legitimate NBA players. But I give Phil Jackson credit."

The Knicks may have added legitimate NBA players this season, but the national networks didn't show much interest in airing their games.

New York is on national television (ABC/ESPN/TNT) just seven times this season following their forgettable 17-win 2014-15 campaign. That's 18 fewer games than the maximum allotment and 12 fewer than the Los Angeles Lakers.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley

Barring something unforeseen, Kristaps Porzingis will start on opening night for the #Knicks. Details here: http://es.pn/1W4TUsd

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »
Matt Barnes on seeing Derek Fisher: 'I don't talk to snakes'
Ohm YoungmisukESPN Staff Writer

Matt Barnes won’t have anything to say to Derek Fisher on Saturday when the former teammates and friends see each other again.

“I don’t talk to snakes,” Barnes told the New York Daily News on Thursday night.

The New York Knicks visit Memphis this weekend and all eyes will be on Barnes and Fisher. The two former Lakers teammates were involved in an off-the-court altercation at the home of Barnes' ex-wife in Los Angeles on Oct. 3.

Barnes was suspended for two games by the NBA and the NBA Players Association filed a grievance for the salary lost when he served the ban. Barnes referred to Fisher as “snitch.”

“I never wish for another man’s downfall,” Barnes told the News when asked if he wanted to see Fisher disciplined for the confrontation last year. “I always knew the NBA would come down hard on me, so I wasn’t surprised... Cause I’m the bad guy.”

As Barnes spoke, Memphis teammates Mario Chalmers and Courtney Lee shouted “because you won (the fight)” according to the News.

“Probably,” Barnes said. “Because I didn’t snitch.”

“I know I got to keep my mouth shut because then he’ll run and tell,” Barnes added. “So we’re focused on playing that team (the Knicks). And when I’m retired, him and I will cross paths again.”

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2016, 07:39:09 AM »
Knicks fired Derek Fisher and has Kurt Rambis as interim Head Coach

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2016, 11:17:33 AM »
Rambis have to be careful with the "like" button on twitter

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2016, 08:07:08 AM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2016, 12:15:27 PM »
Jeff Hornacek Hired as Knicks Head Coach

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2016, 09:04:55 AM »
Jeff Hornacek Hired as Knicks Head Coach

Rambis his assistant
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
Amare Stoudemire signs a contract with the Knicks then retires. He wanted to retire a Knick.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
Can't satisfy some American. This basketball team has been vilified for being professionals, staying in luxury liner, winning opening games by blowouts, then winning 3 close games and finally winning the final by 33 pts. Some want the college players to come back. Bunch ah losers.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2016, 09:22:23 AM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2016, 11:51:15 AM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2016, 07:23:32 AM »
is this the year the Knicks have a respectable season? 

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2017, 09:50:51 AM »
After game absence, Derrick Rose's Knicks future is uncertain

Derrick Rose is averaging 17.3 points this season. (AP)

After failing to inform New York Knicks officials of his intentions to skip Monday night’s game at Madison Square Garden, Derrick Rose’s future with the franchise has become increasingly uncertain.

Knicks officials didn’t hear from Rose that he was OK until after an embarrassing loss to New Orleans, a confirmation that sources said began the next conversation within the organization: What do they do with Rose now?

In the aftermath of going AWOL at The Garden, Knicks officials need to further determine Rose’s passion to return to the team and continue playing.

Rose has put into peril his short-term role – with the possibility of a suspension, sources said – and the longer-term chances to land a lucrative contract extension with the Knicks in July, league sources told The Vertical.

Rose, the 2011 NBA Most Valuable Player and a three-time All-Star, has suffered through several serious injuries and has diminished as an elite point guard in the league. He’s had an up-and-down season for the Knicks, who have lost eight of nine games and dropped to 17-21.

New York had been undecided about how deep of a commitment it wanted to make to Rose in free agency, and his failure to attend the Knicks’ 110-96 loss to the Pelicans without informing team officials – regardless of the reason – left them livid and embarrassed on Monday night, sources said.

Knicks officials were unable to reach Rose by phone – nor get responses from his closest confidants – in the immediate hour and minutes before the opening tip.

Rose typically arrives at 5:30 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. ET start, teammates say, and Rose hadn’t informed anyone within the Knicks that he might be late – never mind miss the game all together.

The Knicks declared him “not with the team” prior to tipoff but offered no detail.

Rose has been increasingly frustrated with how this Knicks season has unfolded, culminating with him privately fuming over his diminished late-game role in Friday night’s victory in Milwaukee, sources said. Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek played undrafted rookie Ron Baker over Rose in the fourth quarter.

Rose has been privately critical of Hornacek, but no one in the locker room – or management – has expressed any issues with how Hornacek has coached Rose, league sources said.

Rose, 28, has averaged 17.3 points, 4.5 assists and 3.9 rebounds in 33 games this season. The Knicks acquired Rose in an offseason trade with the Chicago Bulls, an immense investment for Knicks president Phil Jackson.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
He move bad by not contacting the coach.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
Phil Jackson, Carmelo Anthony Reportedly Meet to Discuss Star's Knicks Future

Carmelo Anthony and Phil Jackson reportedly had “contentious" meeting today to discuss his future with the Knicks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2687579-phil-jackson-carmelo-anthony-reportedly-meet-to-discuss-stars-knicks-future?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2017, 06:28:48 AM »
Carmelo trade rumors flying all over de place.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2017, 10:48:09 AM »
He can't  be traded, he has a no trade clause in his contract... I had a nice discussion with the analyst of their d league team who was giving some insight into what's really going on with melo, it's a very tough situation .... the lakers are in the market for a big name lol but it's melo choice now, the Knicks hands are tied

What they hell is going on with rose? Just when you think the Knicks may have life again, the team goes into cardiac arrest ...

Schupss...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:52:02 AM by Controversial »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2017, 09:12:32 PM »
Wow - Oakley banned for life from MSG.

Dolan spent a whole interview smearing the guy.

Oakley is a legend.

Knicks are complete mess.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2017, 12:16:04 PM »
Knicks formally announce that they've signed Chasson Randle and waived Brandon Jennings.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »
Knicks center Joakim Noah tested positive for a banned over-the-counter supplement Banned for 20 games

1]; } ?>