March 28, 2024, 05:06:10 AM

Author Topic: New York Knickerbockers Thread  (Read 46380 times)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New York Knickerbockers Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
Knicks send Camby, Novak, Quentin Richardson and a 2016 first-round pick to Toronto for Andrea Bargnani.  As one-dimensional as Novak was I'm not happy to see him go... that and Bargnani being a bust so far.  A seven-foot jumpshooter hardly helps us with rebounding... but I suppose it will pull the likes of Roy Hibbert out the paint.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/02/sports/basketball/knicks-swap-novak-camby-for-bargnani.html
What !!
Andrea might trive in an Italian vibrant city like NY .If he ever puts it all together Knicks win .big if
*steuups* thrive...de only ting he go thrive at is ketchin flies when he mout always open

he is to de raptors what 'big country' reeves was to vancouver...a giant money bust
Not his fault man ,Colangelo was stupid to pick a European with the number one .Not sure anymore who we shoulda pick ,but not him.
1    TOR    Andrea Bargnani    Italy
2    CHI    LaMarcus Aldridge    Texas
3    CHA    Adam Morrison    Gonzaga
4    POR    Tyrus Thomas    Louisiana State
5    ATL    Shelden Williams    Duke
6    MIN    Brandon Roy    Washington
7    BOS    Randy Foye    Villanova
8    HOU    Rudy Gay    Connecticut
9    GSW    Patrick O'Bryant    Bradley
10    SEA    Mouhamed Sene    Senegal
11    ORL    J.J. Redick    Duke

Should have gone LaMarcus but then who would have guessed, team dynamics, etc play other factors. 
I would have never gone Euro first though personally

Spaghetti Sauce will flourish in NY.  Watch and see....

1. De man don't like pressure as the go to guy but still averaged around 15 ppg. He can score. 
2. If Carmelo kick de ball out to him, NY will add to an already good offense.
3. ex Raps who have a bad relationship at trade usually have a good career...VC, Tmac, Camby, Bosh
4. Glen Grunwald still have hard feelings...will do his best to have Spaghetti sauce fit in to show Raps up for firing him
whey boy!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »
Knicks pick up Metta... negotiating with Kenyon Martin.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »
The Metta deal is one of the best moves the Knicks have made in years...one of the best defenders who can also shoot the 3 and the medium range jump shot.  Both Metta World Peace and Kenyon Martin on that roster already makes the Knicks better.

IMO, Metta is more valuable to the Knicks than the soft Chandler. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
The Metta deal is one of the best moves the Knicks have made in years...one of the best defenders who can also shoot the 3 and the medium range jump shot.  Both Metta World Peace and Kenyon Martin on that roster already makes the Knicks better.

You have to be mad.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2013, 06:15:07 PM »

You have to be mad.

This past season, K. Martin was more threatening on defense than Chandler for the Knicks.  And I would take Ron Artest (Metta) any day of the week over Chandler.  Metta is basically the 2nd coming of Charles Oakley...something that the Knicks have been lacking for over 12 years.

Chandler is good, but he does not strike fear in the other team, and does not do head-games.  A fella like Metta, with his unstable manerisms and demeanor, is the kind of X-factor New York's been missing. 

So yeah, I stand by what I said.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »
This past season, K. Martin was more threatening on defense than Chandler for the Knicks.  And I would take Ron Artest (Metta) any day of the week over Chandler.  Metta is basically the 2nd coming of Charles Oakley...something that the Knicks have been lacking for over 12 years.

Chandler is good, but he does not strike fear in the other team, and does not do head-games.  A fella like Metta, with his unstable manerisms and demeanor, is the kind of X-factor New York's been missing. 

You could stand by it... doesn't mean it making any sense.

This past season Chandler averaged 10 pts, 10 rebounds and 1 block per game... shooting 70% from the field.

Martin averages 7 pts, 5 rebounds and 1 block per game... shooting 60%, but playing in only 18 games.  He gives you half as many blocks and 3 rebounds less per game and had trouble staying on the court due to fouls and injury.  Exactly how was he "more threatening on defense"?  On top of which he was coming in off the bench, meaning most of his minutes was against the other team's back up center.

I won't even bother trying to argue with you if Metta would be more valuable than Chandler.  He won't give you any inside defense, can't get you 10 boards a game... especially when rebounding was the Knicks biggest weakness last season.  When Metta grows three more inches and can defend the post then you might have an argument.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »

You could stand by it... doesn't mean it making any sense.

This past season Chandler averaged 10 pts, 10 rebounds and 1 block per game... shooting 70% from the field.

Martin averages 7 pts, 5 rebounds and 1 block per game... shooting 60%, but playing in only 18 games.  He gives you half as many blocks and 3 rebounds less per game and had trouble staying on the court due to fouls and injury.  Exactly how was he "more threatening on defense"?  On top of which he was coming in off the bench, meaning most of his minutes was against the other team's back up center.

I won't even bother trying to argue with you if Metta would be more valuable than Chandler.  He won't give you any inside defense, can't get you 10 boards a game... especially when rebounding was the Knicks biggest weakness last season.  When Metta grows three more inches and can defend the post then you might have an argument.

Bakes, you do understand that you just killed your own point, right? 

The NY Knicks with 7 footer Chandler was among the WORST rebounding teams in the NBA.  Bear in mind, I didn't say I did not like Chandler or get rid of Chandler...but I do stand by what I said.  Metta would be much more of an asset to the Knicks than a Chandler. 

Btw, rebounding doesn't exactly have much to do with height.  It has a lot to do with positioning, reading the play, and attitude.  This is what Metta brings. 

Also, Chandler is a great defender, but he is not really known as an intimidating defender.  Ron Artest (Metta) brings that intimidating X-Factor the Knicks sorely needs.     

Anyway, regarding comparing points for Kenyan vs Chandler, it's a real poor comparison, especially since Chandler has been with NY for 2 seasons and has special plays run for him by the coach...vs K. Martin who joined the team during the course of the season and more or less scored on BROKEN plays, and one or 2 simple set pieces during the latter part of the season. 

There was much more time to draw-up plays for Chandler during the off season practice sessions, so 10 PPG was at minimum expected from the fella.  The fact that the Knicks got even 7 PPG from Martin (who had NO set plays), is a remarkable feat considering.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:16:52 PM by OutsideMan »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2013, 09:16:12 PM »

The NY Knicks with 7 footer Chandler was among the WORST rebounding teams in the NBA.  Bear in mind, I didn't say I did not like Chandler or get rid of Chandler...but I do stand by what I said.  Metta would be much more of an asset to the Knicks than a Chandler. 

Btw, rebounding doesn't exactly have much to do with height.  It has a lot to do with positioning, reading the play, and attitude.  This is what Metta brings. 

Also, Chandler is a great defender, but he is not really known as an intimidating defender.  Ron Artest (Metta) brings that intimidating X-Factor the Knicks sorely needs.     

Anyway, regarding comparing points for Kenyan vs Chandler, it's a real poor comparison, especially since Chandler has been with NY for 2 seasons and has special plays run for him by the coach...vs K. Martin who joined the team during the course of the season and more or less scored on BROKEN plays, and one or 2 simple set pieces during the latter part of the season. 

There was much more time to draw-up plays for Chandler during the off season practice sessions, so 10 PPG was at minimum expected from the fella.  The fact that the Knicks got even 7 PPG from Martin (who had NO set plays), is a remarkable feat considering.

You're joking right?  How did you arrive at that conclusion?  You claim that Metta is more valuable than Chandler.  As bad as the Knicks were, with Chandler being the only consistent defender and rebounder, you're suggesting that a guy who pulls down half as many rebounds (Metta) would be a more valuable defender??  Madness. There's no way a perimeter defender such as Metta is more valuable than a post defender like Chandler.

As for Martin vs. Chandler on offense... come on dude.  Chandler was killing on offense in the pick and roll until teams started keying on him to take away the lobs at the rim.  Martin doesn't receive half the same defensive attention as Chandler.  I have to give Martin points for his hustle... that's about it.  It gets him help-side blocks and offensive putbacks, but he's not the same threat on the boards or scoring the ball.  And how you gonna go from talking about last years numbers and all of a sudden you talking about him being on the team two years?  Not only that, but it just shows that you eh no real basketball fan.  Last year we had Jeremy Lin running point... and Lin was known for pounding the rock intot the ground and not moving the ball... that is why he and 'Melo didn't see eye to eye.  Felton is the one who came in and started moving the ball around and finding Chandler on the lobs.  And you knocking Chandler scoring 10 pts a game... like you forget he was battling neck, back and elbow injuries all season.  All that and he still averaged a double-double.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »

You're joking right?  How did you arrive at that conclusion?  You claim that Metta is more valuable than Chandler.  As bad as the Knicks were, with Chandler being the only consistent defender and rebounder, you're suggesting that a guy who pulls down half as many rebounds (Metta) would be a more valuable defender??  Madness. There's no way a perimeter defender such as Metta is more valuable than a post defender like Chandler.

As for Martin vs. Chandler on offense... come on dude.  Chandler was killing on offense in the pick and roll until teams started keying on him to take away the lobs at the rim.  Martin doesn't receive half the same defensive attention as Chandler.  I have to give Martin points for his hustle... that's about it.  It gets him help-side blocks and offensive putbacks, but he's not the same threat on the boards or scoring the ball.  And how you gonna go from talking about last years numbers and all of a sudden you talking about him being on the team two years?  Not only that, but it just shows that you eh no real basketball fan.  Last year we had Jeremy Lin running point... and Lin was known for pounding the rock intot the ground and not moving the ball... that is why he and 'Melo didn't see eye to eye.  Felton is the one who came in and started moving the ball around and finding Chandler on the lobs.  And you knocking Chandler scoring 10 pts a game... like you forget he was battling neck, back and elbow injuries all season.  All that and he still averaged a double-double.

Bakes, Did you just start watching basketball last year or something? 

If you read my last comment carefully you would note that I was referring to CHANDLER being on the Knicks for the past 2-3 years....Chandler joined the team after the 2009-2010 season in Dallas.  Kenyon on the other hand only joined the Knicks a few months ago, earlier this year in 2013 DURING the course of the season.

And the point I made was that you cannot compare the PPG of Chandler vs the PPG of Martin this past season on the Knicks, since Martin was a late addition who did not have any set-plays drawn up for him.  Martin's points with the Knicks came MOSTLY via broken plays, and opportunistic points --- nothing much was drawn up for him on the offense --- again as I made extremely clear, Martin was a LATE addition to the Knicks. 

Another thing...I was not knocking Chandler's points.  I was simply stating my opinion that regardless of all that, I see Martin and Metta as more valuable to the Knicks than Chandler.  You are the one that took it personally as a knock against Chandler which it was not.  Now if I had said that some bum is more valuable to the Knicks than Chandler, then THAT would be an insult.

Again...I don't own or work for the Knicks, but THEY themselves went out and got Metta and are in the process of re-signing Martin.  Their own feelings on the subject is being proven right now in the Knicks Front office by their recent signings.  Just saying.   

What about the above confuses you???
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:48:08 PM by OutsideMan »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »

If you read my last comment carefully you would note that I was referring to CHANDLER being on the Knicks for the past 2-3 years....Chandler joined the team after the 2009-2010 season in Dallas.  Kenyon on the other hand only joined the Knicks a few months ago, earlier this year in 2013 DURING the course of the season.

And the point I made was that you cannot compare the PPG of Chandler vs the PPG of Martin this past season on the Knicks, since Martin was a late addition who did not have any set-plays drawn up for him.  Martin's points with the Knicks came MOSTLY via broken plays, and opportunistic points --- nothing much was drawn up for him on the offense --- again as I made extremely clear, Martin was a LATE addition to the Knicks. 

Another thing...I was not knocking Chandler's points.  I was simply stating my opinion that regardless of all that, I see Martin and Metta as more valuable to the Knicks than Chandler.  You are the one that took it personally as a knock against Chandler which it was not.  Now if I had said that some bum is more valuable to the Knicks than Chandler, then THAT would be an insult.

Again...I don't own or work for the Knicks, but THEY themselves went out and got Metta and are in the process of re-signing Martin.  Their own feelings on the subject is being proven right now in the Knicks Front office by their recent signings.  Just saying.   

You're not making any kinda sense whatsoever.  The Knicks proved that Metta more valuable than Chandler because they went out and signed him?  By that spurious logic I guess he more valuable than Anthony as well then.  Martin and Metta add depth to the team... the basketball equivalent of "squad" players.  You really don't want to get into a basketball argument with me.  Your own statements doom the argument yuh trying to make... there's no way you could say that Martin, based on 18 games all regular season, was "more threatening" on defense than Chandler.  That is naive talk... you go get laughed out ah any basketball discussion talking like that.  I also doh know why you feel the need to repeat all that talk about Chandler being on the team 2 years and Martin being a late addition... I addressed both of those already.  It ent changing the points I already made.  Simply repeating the same irrelevant points won't make them any more persuasive the second time around.

As for me taking anything personally, doh be ridiculous... I just pointing out the illogical arguments yuh making.  Tyson Chandler eh my friend and he not paying my bills. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:36:31 PM by Bakes »

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »

You're not making any kinda sense whatsoever.  The Knicks proved that Metta more valuable than Chandler because they went out and signed him?  By that spurious logic I guess he more valuable than Anthony as well then.  Martin and Metta add depth to the team... the basketball equivalent of "squad" players.  You really don't want to get into a basketball argument with me.  Your own statements doom the argument yuh trying to make... there's no way you could say that Martin, based on 18 games all regular season, was "more threatening" on defense than Chandler.  That is naive talk... you go get laughed out ah any basketball discussion talking like that.  I also doh know why you feel the need to repeat all that talk about Chandler being on the team 2 years and Martin being a late addition... I addressed both of those already.  It ent changing the points I already made.  Simply repeating the same irrelevant points won't make them any more persuasive the second time around.

As for me taking anything personally, doh be ridiculous... I just pointing out the illogical arguments yuh making.  Tyson Chandler eh my friend and he not paying my bills. 

Bakes, you're making an ass of yourself right now, because it's clear that you cannot read a simple statement.

You said that Martin only averaged 7 PPG last Season with the Knicks, while Chandler averaged 10 PPG last season.  My point to you was that Chandler having been with the Knicks since he signed in the Summer of 2010, already had SET-PLAYS DRAWN- UP for him during that time.  Martin on the other hand, only joined the team earlier 2013, and yet was still able to muster 7 PPG, WITHOUT having any set-plays.  Martin only averaged 3 PPG less than Chandler...and Chandler had set-plays drawn up for him.  Point is, there is no big difference between having either Chandler or Martin in the post.  If Chandler were to be injured for the entire 2013-2014 season (which I hope does not happen), the Knicks will still be in great hands with Martin and Metta.

Also, Chandler has not been strong in the playoffs where it really counts.  He was shamefully dismal and absent against Indiana...and could barely contain old-age Garnett against Boston.  Chandler is not a giant in the big games for the Knicks...just pretty decent during the regular season. 

But you seem to be a huge Chandler fan...maybe he'll send you an autograph of his jock-strap or something.  ;) 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »
Bakes, you're making an ass of yourself right now, because it's clear that you cannot read a simple statement.

You said that Martin only averaged 7 PPG last Season with the Knicks, while Chandler averaged 10 PPG last season.  My point to you was that Chandler having been with the Knicks since he signed in the Summer of 2010, already had SET-PLAYS DRAWN- UP for him during that time.  Martin on the other hand, only joined the team earlier 2013, and yet was still able to muster 7 PPG, WITHOUT having any set-plays.  Martin only averaged 3 PPG less than Chandler...and Chandler had set-plays drawn up for him.  Point is, there is no big difference between having either Chandler or Martin in the post.  If Chandler were to be injured for the entire 2013-2014 season (which I hope does not happen), the Knicks will still be in great hands with Martin and Metta.

Also, Chandler has not been strong in the playoffs where it really counts.  He was shamefully dismal and absent against Indiana...and could barely contain old-age Garnett against Boston.  Chandler is not a giant in the big games for the Knicks...just pretty decent during the regular season. 

But you seem to be a huge Chandler fan...maybe he'll send you an autograph of his jock-strap or something.  ;) 

You either have to be dotish or real skilled at pretending to be dotish.  Chandler played hurt all season... maybe you missed that part.  Despite his numerous injuries, he still only missed 16 games... less games than Martin actually played in.  Martin averaged 7 ppg over 18 games against backups and you trying to compare that to a man who averaged more points over 4 X as many games?  You trying to  compare a player who was Defensive Player of the Year in 2011-12 to a fella who was playing in China and had a good 18 game showing and saying Martin better.  That's like arguing a striker who plays 5 games and scores 10 goals is better than one who plays all 38 Premier League games and scores 38 goals... because the one who played 5 games have a higher scoring average.  You ent see you have to be ah real tun tun.

And not only that, trying to argue that Martin didn't have plays drawn up for him when it was clear to anybody watching that they ran pick and rolls for him, just as they did for Chandler, who's been with the Knicks since 2011, not 2010.  Stick to talking about what yuh know about... in other words keep yuh ass quiet since yuh doh know nutten.  Better yet, give yuh bamsee ah rest and stop riding Martin dick so hard.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »

You either have to be dotish or real skilled at pretending to be dotish.  Chandler played hurt all season... maybe you missed that part.  Despite his numerous injuries, he still only missed 16 games... less games than Martin actually played in.  Martin averaged 7 ppg over 18 games against backups and you trying to compare that to a man who averaged more points over 4 X as many games?  You trying to  compare a player who was Defensive Player of the Year in 2011-12 to a fella who was playing in China and had a good 18 game showing and saying Martin better.  That's like arguing a striker who plays 5 games and scores 10 goals is better than one who plays all 38 Premier League games and scores 38 goals... because the one who played 5 games have a higher scoring average.  You ent see you have to be ah real tun tun.

And not only that, trying to argue that Martin didn't have plays drawn up for him when it was clear to anybody watching that they ran pick and rolls for him, just as they did for Chandler, who's been with the Knicks since 2011, not 2010.  Stick to talking about what yuh know about... in other words keep yuh ass quiet since yuh doh know nutten.  Better yet, give yuh bamsee ah rest and stop riding Martin dick so hard.

Reading your responses tells me that you're not adept at paying attention or comprehending a sentence.  Because you TOTALLY missed de ENTIRE point.  I was making the point that you CANNOT COMPARE Chandler and Martin's PPG.  I made it extremely clear in my earlier comments that YOUR ATTEMPTS TO COMPARE THEIR PPGs DID NOT MAKE SENSE.  And now, without realizing it, you're AGREEING WITH MY EARLIER ASSERTION --- the assertion that I made, that you cannot compare the two (as you tried to do earlier in one of YOUR responses).

Now you're back-pedaling, and making my point.  Jeez....I'm embarassed for you.  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »
Reading your responses tells me that you're not adept at paying attention or comprehending a sentence.  Because you TOTALLY missed de ENTIRE point.  I was making the point that you CANNOT COMPARE Chandler and Martin's PPG.  I made it extremely clear in my earlier comments that YOUR ATTEMPTS TO COMPARE THEIR PPGs DID NOT MAKE SENSE.  And now, without realizing it, you're AGREEING WITH MY EARLIER ASSERTION --- the assertion that I made, that you cannot compare the two (as you tried to do earlier in one of YOUR responses).

Now you're back-pedaling, and making my point.  Jeez....I'm embarassed for you.  :rotfl:

I take back what I said... you are not just a tun tun... but a supreme tun tun at that.

I posted all the relevant stats for both Chandler and Martin... then SPECIFICALLY shifted the focus to their defensive contributions "He gives you half as many blocks and 3 rebounds less per game and had trouble staying on the court due to fouls and injury.  Exactly how was he 'more threatening on defense'?"

You decided to get into this back and forth about how Martin supposedly better because despite "no set plays" for him, he still averaged only 3 points less:

I missed the part where you said one cannot compare their respective PPGs.  Maybe it was lost amid the effort yuh was making so hard to compare them.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »

I take back what I said... you are not just a tun tun... but a supreme tun tun at that.

I posted all the relevant stats for both Chandler and Martin... then SPECIFICALLY shifted the focus to their defensive contributions "He gives you half as many blocks and 3 rebounds less per game and had trouble staying on the court due to fouls and injury.  Exactly how was he 'more threatening on defense'?"

You decided to get into this back and forth about how Martin supposedly better because despite "no set plays" for him, he still averaged only 3 points less:

I missed the part where you said one cannot compare their respective PPGs.  Maybe it was lost amid the effort yuh was making so hard to compare them.

Well you obviously missed it, when I said it NUMEROUS times over the conversation (but obviously you pick and choose something from much LATER in the conversation when you yourself was making the comparison, and I briefly humoured you):

"And the point I made was that you cannot compare the PPG of Chandler vs the PPG of Martin this past season on the Knicks, since Martin was a late addition who did not have any set-plays drawn up for him." 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »

"And the point I made was that you cannot compare the PPG of Chandler vs the PPG of Martin this past season on the Knicks, since Martin was a late addition who did not have any set-plays drawn up for him." 

So read in context (doh worry, you could watch the pictures instead) one cannot compare because Chandler had plays drawn up for him and Martin did not.  The bald inaccuracy of that statement aside... it was not an absolute statement, but a relative one... one which you went about deconstructing by making your own comparison.  Makes sense... in your parallel universe.

No need to respond because I won't be wasting any more time going back and forth with you.  Bottomline is that Metta and Martin together aren't as valuable as one Tyson Chandler.  To say otherwise is pure ass talk.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »

So read in context (doh worry, you could watch the pictures instead) one cannot compare because Chandler had plays drawn up for him and Martin did not.  The bald inaccuracy of that statement aside... it was not an absolute statement, but a relative one... one which you went about deconstructing by making your own comparison.  Makes sense... in your parallel universe.

No need to respond because I won't be wasting any more time going back and forth with you.  Bottomline is that Metta and Martin together aren't as valuable as one Tyson Chandler.  To say otherwise is pure ass talk.

Jeez.....now you're going in circles.  I made the point in many other comments that you CANNOT compare the two, since one player only just now joined the team, did not play enough games, and did not have many plays drawn up for him...vs another player that has been with the team for 3 years, obviously played much more games, and has lots of plays drawn up for him.

So what confuses about de above?  We're back to Square 1...since it seemed like you AGREED with me, but want to argue anyway.  Then I even re-iterated yet AGAIN that you cannot make a fair comparison of the two players on PPG, and yet you STILL argue like a lil' frustrated housewife.

You on your period or wha?   ;) 

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2013, 07:23:52 AM »
OK, basketball is officially back today.

Starting off with a back-to-back against the Bucks and the Bulls tomorrow and Thursday.

Looking for a big season from Shump, the usual from Melo and I'm hopeful about Il Mago.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2013, 10:15:49 PM »
Tough loss to the Bulls.  Too much reliance on Anthony down the stretch instead of running the regular sets that got us the lead in the first place.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2013, 07:27:19 AM »
Real tough. Yeah, I would like to see Felton be more assertive in running the offence in those situations.

Big shot by Rose. Progress from Bargnani I thought.

Onto the next one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »
Real tough. Yeah, I would like to see Felton be more assertive in running the offence in those situations.

Big shot by Rose. Progress from Bargnani I thought.

Onto the next one.

Good game by Bargnani in limited minutes.  Too many fouls... but overall he should improve as time goes on.  Nice stretch big, should help open up the lane for us against teams like Indiana.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
Caught the second half of the game against Minnesota... good fight to challenge at the end, but no excuse for falling into such a deep hole against Milwaukee.  Kevin Love is a beast and Rick Adelman proves why he's one of the best coaches in the game in my mind.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2013, 10:32:44 AM »
Caught the second half of the game against Minnesota... good fight to challenge at the end, but no excuse for falling into such a deep hole against Milwaukee.  Kevin Love is a beast and Rick Adelman proves why he's one of the best coaches in the game in my mind.

Didn't want to say anything after the Wolves game.

If there's no excuse for falling into a hole then I don't know what to say about falling behind Charlotte.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »

If there's no excuse for falling into a hole then I don't know what to say about falling behind Charlotte.

Team playing shit... no excuses.  No defense whatsoever, and God knows what will happen now that Chandler out for a month with a tibula fracture.  You let Charlotte come into your house and beat you, ending a 16-game losing streak on the road.  Losing 3 of the first 4 is never acceptable, not for a team with professed championship ambitions.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »

Team playing shit... no excuses.  No defense whatsoever, and God knows what will happen now that Chandler out for a month with a tibula fracture.  You let Charlotte come into your house and beat you, ending a 16-game losing streak on the road.  Losing 3 of the first 4 is never acceptable, not for a team with professed championship ambitions.

I believe the team will struggle this year and losing Chandler will not help. JR Smith coming back should spark up the offense, but defensivley they entire team has alot of work to do. One major factor that I think they miss is the presence of Jason Kidd around the team. His influence and vision both on and off the court propelled the Knicks during his tenure. As good a player as Carmello is, I don't think he has what it takes to be a true leader for the Kincks. I think players in their locker room will quicker listen to Metta or Chandler because of their pedigree. I can't even believe that I just listed Metta as a leader... ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »
Good fight by the Knicks tonight against the Rockets.  We were very competitive throughout, but played poor defense... especially Shumpert, surprisingly.  Parsons and Lin got to the bucket far too easily against him.  Some really questionable calls, at least from my partisan standpoint against the Knicks by the refs.  They kept putting Harden on the line every time he drove, yet Anthony had to fight and scratch just to get a call.  The most dubious was the foul they called on Felton to send Harden to the line for three late in the game with a three point lead.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »
Woodson has to bench someone if he wants to keep his job.

First up is Felton: atrocious D, not making shots, not finishing at the basket and has no chemistry with Bargnani. After that is JR. Doesn't necessarily have to be permanent but they can't be getting 30+ minutes while playing that badly.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »
Knicks having no kinda luck with the officials this early part of the season.  I understand why they didn't give 'Melo continuation against Houston, but then they blow a continuation call against the Pistons and now this pure bullshit call putting George on the line at the end of regulation.  We did very well to even be in the game at the end given the clear advantage the Pacers have in the paint and on the boards.  Bargnani has been a very pleasant surprise thus far.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
doh know what to say after that one.

The offensive foul call on Melo was the most inexplicable call to me. Never seen anyone draw a charge leaving their feet before.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »
doh know what to say after that one.

The offensive foul call on Melo was the most inexplicable call to me. Never seen anyone draw a charge leaving their feet before.
Yeah I had that one in the back of my head as I was typing, but ah say leh mih leave it alone.  And the commentators stay talking about how Hibbert is the master at "the principle of verticality"... GTFOH!  Dude backing up and jump with both hands straight up, but then angle his hands forward (violating said "principle"), only for them to call the foul on Anthony.  f**king madness.

1]; } ?>