April 19, 2024, 10:51:23 PM

Author Topic: A point each for T&T and Haiti.  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
A point each for T&T and Haiti.
« on: December 08, 2012, 03:34:27 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago stretched their unbeaten run to seven matches but had to settle for a 0-0 draw with Haiti in their opening match of their 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals at the Antigua Recreation Ground, St John’s on Friday night.

The result left T&T tied on one point with the Haitians but trailing Dominican Republic who pulled off a surprised come from behind 2-1 win against the hosts Antigua/Barbuda in the evening’s second encounter.

The results left T&T in the race to secure a semi-final spot but also set up a gripping affair on Sunday as the “Soca Warriors” will need nothing less than a victory to take the pressure off while the hosts must win to stay alive in the competition. 

Full Report

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:48:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A point each for T&T and Haiti.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 03:47:06 AM »
OK  .....

By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

He explained the reason behind opting to leave forwards Jamal Gay, Devorn Jorsling and Richard Roy on the bench.

“Tactically we prepared for Haiti and we thought this was the way to approach the game. We managed to create the chances but we didn’t put them away. We’ll review this as we head into the other match which we know we obviously need to win at this stage.”

T&T faces Antigua from 8pm on Sunday at the ARG.

Teams

T&T: - 1.Jan Michael Williams (capt), 2.Aubrey David, 3.Joevin Jones, 5.Carlyle Mitchell, 7.Hughtun Hector, 8.Ataullah Guerra (11.Kevon Carter 73rd), 10.Kevin Molino (16.Keyon Edwards 81st), 14.Willis Plaza (12.Lester Peltier 46th) 17.Daneil Cyrus, 18.Densill Theobald, 20.Seon Power.

Unused Subs: – Marvin Phillips, Kareem Moses, Richard Roy, Devorn Jorsling, Jamal Gay, Curtis Gonzales.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:17:25 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »
Ah hear ppl talking bout we hardest game was against haiti, but i doubt that very much! as ah matter of fact i think our easiest game was against haiti, and our hardest game is on sunday.   :-[
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:04:36 AM »
It's imperative that we win the next game by ah serious margin, which to me is an arduous task in itself.

this is do or die, and antigua would be fighting like ah cornered cat to stay alive, may God help us, what ah ting.  we like it sooo!  :nailbiting:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »
Wow de fackin board ded boy, and this is we tournament eh, yuh see how allyuh love big byoi football wid allyuh lust for pretty style, but we regional thing , allyuh blanking, sad.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
Wow de fackin board ded boy, and this is we tournament eh, yuh see how allyuh love big byoi football wid allyuh lust for pretty style, but we regional thing , allyuh blanking, sad.

no live feed, Breds!

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 05:12:09 AM »
Vs Haiti.

I think Theobald slows down the team to much and he could never give you 90 minutes, he is never fit.

Cyrus looked out of depth and unfit, Kern Cupid would have probably been a better right back, Cyrus looks more comfortable in the center.

I really don't understand how can a coach pick five center backs and one wing back for a tournament.

Cyrus, Gonzales, Power, Mitchell and Moses are are strong center backs and cannot play wing back effectively as was the case with Cyrus, had Haiti had a better wing player going forward we probably would have conceded on Cyrus side.

David and Jones are excellent players, they fight really hard, Jones is really a talented player and shoots more at the goal than our strikers.

Molino is not linking up well and looks short of match fitness. He is still a great player and his attitude is really something else, he is always trying to lift the players around him.

Kevon Carter is under confidence and has been for the longest, not the player he was before the injury and this is what ticks me off, we pick most players because we like them or because of past reputation.

Keyon Edwards was a poor sub to bring in especially since we were trying to win the game unless the coach was deciding to throw him in defence and send Jones more forward?

Guerra and Peltier was disappointments. Guerra plays like Keon Daniel, one minute he can do great things and then the next he seems lost on the field, but he tries hard though, he gets in a few hard fought tackles. Peltier seems unsure as well, maybe he does not want to get hurt? He never shows up for big games.

Going forward from midfield, the team looked decent and with the formation T&T is using it is affecting the team balance especially in the final 3rd.

Our coaches saw ways to adjust the formation especially in the second half and didn't do so, Jamal Shabazz came in and said he scouted Haiti and so he know how they play and what to expect which was totally off to what we saw vs T&T.

T&T had Haiti to beat in all aspects of the game.

Plaza can't get a shot off and when he does its really poor. We have three slow forwards with the same style of play on the team, they also rely on service and once the service is cut off we will never score. They are like boulders on the field.   :D

This is why you see Jones and Hector scooting from outside because our strikers are not mobile. These 2 were trying to make things happen.

As a striker your instinct should be to shoot, shoot and shoot, our guys are confuse with the ball at their feet and pass it off quickly, they do not think for a second, lift your heads, take a shot, something could happen.

And now that the TTFF hired Jamal Shabazz the team seem to not respond to well, there are to many broken plays and no follow up from players, the movement off the ball is crazy and strikers do not know how to keep their positions well. To much hand in the soup.

Why fix something that is not broken, that's the expression I got from certain men that I cant reveal, because sooner or later, guys will bump heads, someone has to be higher than the other and while Jamal seems to be nice on camera, his inside intentions is about him alone.

This is our cup to loose guys, I saw some of the other teams and they are nothing over T&T. They will improve though as the tournament go on, I hope T&T does the same.

Glen will be missed but at this point in time we need positives around the team and he does has a chip on his shoulder. Even if he didn't score his style of play would have enhance the other striker around him.

Glen thinks his pick should be automatic because he is T&T's 4th all time goal scorer and the current pro league top scorer with 4 goals which is nothing to brag about as Guerra,  Edwards and Modeste have the same.

Josimar Belgrave already have two hattricks for his club this season in all competitions to.

But one can expect to see more Caledonia players on the team, asked Shabaaz why Rundel Winchester wasn't even considered, even for training, this kid is a player to watch and needs to join a Pro League team soon. He should be kept close to the national team to see if he matures.

Our coach need to stop having the team play nervous, just give the guys some confidence and let them play comfortably. They look tense and unsure.

I spoke to Charles yesterday, we will see two strikers start today.

The 4-5-1 formation should be revised, we have stagnant forwards and no midfield service, a blind man could see this.

Play with your strength and not your thoughts, use the players to their strength, our coaches unused them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:21:41 AM by Flex »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
My view on the game vs Haiti [7-Dec-12]
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 05:55:57 AM »
Vs Haiti.

I think Theobald slows down the team to much and he could never give you 90 minutes, he is never fit.

Cyrus looked out of depth and unfit, Kern Cupid would have probably been a better right back, Cyrus looks more comfortable in the center.

I really don't understand how can a coach pick five center backs and one wing back for a tournament.

Cyrus, Gonzales, Power, Mitchell and Moses are are strong center backs and cannot play wing back effectively as was the case with Cyrus, had Haiti had a better wing player going forward we probably would have conceded on Cyrus side.

David and Jones are excellent players, they fight really hard, Jones is really a talented player and shoots more at the goal than our strikers.

Molino is not linking up well and looks short of match fitness. He is still a great player and his attitude is really something else, he is always trying to lift the players around him.

Kevon Carter is under confidence and has been for the longest, not the player he was before the injury and this is what ticks me off, we pick most players because we like them or because of past reputation.

Keyon Edwards was a poor sub to bring in especially since we were trying to win the game unless the coach was deciding to throw him in defence and send Jones more forward?

Guerra and Peltier was disappointments. Guerra plays like Keon Daniel, one minute he can do great things and then the next he seems lost on the field, but he tries hard though, he gets in a few hard fought tackles. Peltier seems unsure as well, maybe he does not want to get hurt? He never shows up for big games.

Going forward from midfield, the team looked decent and with the formation T&T is using it is affecting the team balance especially in the final 3rd.

Our coaches saw ways to adjust the formation especially in the second half and didn't do so, Jamal Shabazz came in and said he scouted Haiti and so he know how they play and what to expect which was totally off to what we saw vs T&T.

T&T had Haiti to beat in all aspects of the game.

Plaza can't get a shot off and when he does its really poor. We have three slow forwards with the same style of play on the team, they also rely on service and once the service is cut off we will never score. They are like boulders on the field.   :D

This is why you see Jones and Hector scooting from outside because our strikers are not mobile. These 2 were trying to make things happen.

As a striker your instinct should be to shoot, shoot and shoot, our guys are confuse with the ball at their feet and pass it off quickly, they do not think for a second, lift your heads, take a shot, something could happen.

And now that the TTFF hired Jamal Shabazz the team seem to not respond to well, there are to many broken plays and no follow up from players, the movement off the ball is crazy and strikers do not know how to keep their positions well. To much hand in the soup.

Why fix something that is not broken, that's the expression I got from certain men that I cant reveal, because sooner or later, guys will bump heads, someone has to be higher than the other and while Jamal seems to be nice on camera, his inside intentions is about him alone.

This is our cup to loose guys, I saw some of the other teams and they are nothing over T&T. They will improve though as the tournament go on, I hope T&T does the same.

Glen will be missed but at this point in time we need positives around the team and he does has a chip on his shoulder. Even if he didn't score his style of play would have enhance the other striker around him.

Glen thinks his pick should be automatic because he is T&T's 4th all time goal scorer and the current pro league top scorer with 4 goals which is nothing to brag about as Guerra,  Edwards and Modeste have the same.

Josimar Belgrave already have two hattricks for his club this season in all competitions to.

But one can expect to see more Caledonia players on the team, asked Shabaaz why Rundel Winchester wasn't even considered, even for training, this kid is a player to watch and needs to join a Pro League team soon. He should be kept close to the national team to see if he matures.

Our coach need to stop having the team play nervous, just give the guys some confidence and let them play comfortably. They look tense and unsure.

I spoke to Charles yesterday, we will see two strikers start today.

The 4-5-1 formation should be revised, we have stagnant forwards and no midfield service, a blind man could see this.

Play with your strength and not your thoughts, use the players to their strength, our coaches unused them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:20:29 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 08:27:03 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhhfBjLsjps" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hhhfBjLsjps</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 08:49:32 AM »
Just looking at the video the pitch looks like a problem. The ball is constantly bumping, even when played on the ground. Either it is a very hard pitch or bumpy. This is always a problem as it disrupts a passing game & slows down play.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 09:17:39 AM »
I think our wingers needs to cross the ball and take on man 1 and 1.... but i hope today they do well....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
Grateful to see the video of T&T vs Haiti. At least these clippings give me some hope. Haiti was hard to breakdown and our aerial attack was not able to capitilize on what seemed to be good wing-based crosses coming in fairly frequently. The grounds were bumpy and not very conducive to much pretty on-the-ground passes, I heard some poster criticizing Bleeder but his passes were looking very good to me and always seemed to to be an intelligent choice to free up one of our players to advance. Cyah get enough of that kinda stuff. I like the way short plays and long balls were mixed up to keep Haiti's defense destabilized. More of this and more scrambling up front to put their toes on the end of the final passes and it's going to be 3 in Antigua / Barbuda ruckertuhkungkung.  If a Cornel Glen type player was there, we would probably have had some goals  ;D. Live stream does not make you look good as the video is choppy. Barber and Shabazz do allyuh ting and consider pushin' Molino up a little further if the out an' out strikers fail to fire on all cylinders as one thing Molino can do is shoot accurately, although his playmaking skills in midfield are too good to waste.

T&T warriors, we need you to make a comeback.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »
Insider, obviously you is ah big fan/supporter of d warriors and kudos to you for dat. I didn't boddah to read d rest ah yuh post because from d time I read d first two line I realize dat u probably never even kick ah lime or play any kind ah fitball competitively in yuh life.  Theobald tempo control is much necessary especially bearing in mind dat d rest of d team not technically sound to even control simple passes properly, far less make dem.  His decisions and vision is very sensible and yuh need dat on d team.  I doh know if you remember d qualifiers for d World Cup dat we went to.. It was d same style ah play dat Yorke brought to d midfield, and he is attempting each day to be an identical clone of Yorke's style.  If yuh want to see wild running and boom kick fitball den go and watch intercol.... 

Carry on

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »
I think our wingers needs to cross the ball and take on man 1 and 1.... but i hope today they do well....
Nice observation and deramer also say that the wing should be utilised more as our best chance came from wing play,after watching the video I feel the TT players looks very comitted,something that is usually missing.I now feel that we look quite a useful team good enough to beat the Antiguans.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My view on the game vs Haiti [7-Dec-12]
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »
Yow, if I was Cornell Glen ... I would have a chip on my shoulder too.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JLZ-SUp1ag" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6JLZ-SUp1ag</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
Steups

1]; } ?>