March 28, 2024, 02:43:26 AM

Author Topic: Georgetown Hoyas face Indiana Hoosiers in NCAA Men's Soccer Championship Game  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Georgetown will face an uphill battle against seven-time national champs, Indiana.  The Hoosiers have made a record 14 title appearances now, including victory over Shaka Hislop's Howard University Bisons in 1988.  Georgetown is making it's first title appearance.  Game on ESPNU or Watch ESPN tomorrow at 2 pm.  Let's Go Hoyas!!

p.s. Mods feel free to move/merge after tomorrow por favor

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
If anybody will be there ill be at the game. I was there last night, 2 good games. I pick Georgetown to win it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What Bakes, let we see youh teets nah ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Okay we go see that after allyuh win the final. But GT has come a long way in the. It was a different story when I played against the Hoyas. Now, the Bisons are a shadow of themselves. But good luck in the finals.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What Bakes, let we see youh teets nah ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Okay we go see that after allyuh win the final. But GT has come a long way in the. It was a different story when I played against the Hoyas. Now, the Bisons are a shadow of themselves. But good luck in the finals.

Man when I was there we couldn't even sniff Big East finals... ah lie, Senior year we come close but St. John's had ah Jamaican that was giving everybody fits that year.  Pleasantly surprised by what these fellas achieving this year.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Georgetown skated by Syracuse on PKs in what was reported to be a wicked battle. Syracuse played Cornell, then dispatched VCU. I saw Syracuse when they visited Cornell, and left thinking that the Orange could do something special this year because their defense was a model of discipline and organization. I expected them to survive VCU and would have liked to have seen the GT- Syracuse match-up because rivals they are. Gtown has ridden its challenges well. I can't comment on IU because I didn't have time to track them closely for 2012.

Maybe a disgruntled fan will attack the assistant ref :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doh worry I posting up by de left corner flag with mih bottle ah Carib just in case  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
But you GT has been knocking on the door a couple years but always end up faultering. I remember vaguely one year they made the play-offs and even John Thompson,sr was out there giving his support.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah we make de tournament two years ago or so, but it didn't really amount to much... which makes this performance all that more surprising, and enjoyable.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
22 robots on the field both teams lacking creativity

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
22 robots on the field both teams lacking creativity

Very uninspiring... but in Georgetown's defense they just coming off ah trying OT game.  Just as they start pinning IU back they concede ah dotish goal off ah nothing cross.  Keeper fault on that.

1]; } ?>