March 28, 2024, 09:23:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)  (Read 22146 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »
A point worth mentioning, hinted at before, is that this team that did us proud in Antigua by reaching the Caribbean Cup finals was largely a local based side, playing against very tough competition with players like those in Martinique exposed to French league play or strikers for English Premier League teams such as the striker from West Ham.

Fellas, Trinidad & Tobago football has to be improving thanks to the Proleague when players in that same league cyah geh pick such as my favourite Kerry Baptiste, Glen, Shadon Winchester, Britto, Hayden "legendary-scorer-in-Mexico" Tinto, right wing back Kern Cupid, Jayson " super-right-wing-sub-in-Guadalajara" Joseph, Bartholomew, Leon, Adams, Central FC's Anthony Wolfe, and many others as seen below in the Proleague website .. not to mention there is not much anxiety with the absence of Keon Daniel, Birchall etc. Even just cool eh feelin' de need as much to crusade for Roberts selection for Caribbean Cup level. We seem to be finally reaching the point where we almost do not need the foreign based Carlos, Bateau, Primus, Peltier, Kenwyne, Julius James, George, Birchall, Cato, Mr midfielder in Belgium ... Hyland, Boucaud, Roberts, JLloyd Samuel to resue us at Caribbean Cup level. Note as we step up we WILL need some of them, so doh geh me wrong as a propagandist for buy-local only.

http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=972%3Awi-sports&catid=26%3Apromotions&Itemid=1

This is exactly what the team managers, new PR people in the trenches like Central FC's Football Supporter, league stakeholders like Skeene, advertisers, TV stations, radio stations, businessmen want to see and will help shed a spolight on the local league. Before, people who don't really follow the league would have said, " who de hell is Guerra. I eh going to see no football with shittongs like he. Where he come from? Where? Nah, not me and people like dem." Now, even some of the cynical ones on this site might dare to pay attention when Richard "who-de-hell-is-he" Roy scores for Def Force. Stars are becoming  .... local. More league attention --> more crowds and waggonists ---> more league stature ---> more media coverage ---> more sponsor money ---> more prize money ---> higher player morale --> more player effort ---> standards rise --> player slaries go up  ---> more players get contracts --> T&T wins more tournaments --> ranking reach above 70, more europe picks, more international prestige for T&T, less resistance by euro/ US employers to new T&T talent abroad... and on and on.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:08:28 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

truetrini

« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »
Well in all fairness to the commentators, one did say we were technically competent and technically better in running into spaces and reading the game. from what i saw we tend to play with passion when we are a goal down. Congrats to the coaching staff and players. Guerra could be our next standout player. At least he can take the ball and run to goal. He understands the main thing must be the main thing.- Going for goal.

Molino and Peltier too, these guys run at the defenders.   Molino is very skillful and can pass the ball like a true professional.  Gay wants to play with his back to the goal alone...and when he does run it is the little short runs, he needs to have the confidence to go at the defenders.

At times he looks pedestrian and other times he is speedy...confidence???
I dun tell you bout this gay fella already, but go head, keep wishing on stars.    :-[

Gay is a good striker bro.  I am not sure if he is told to play with his back to teh goal as a lone striker, but when he is on..he is on.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2012, 11:14:57 AM »
I don't see the pro league games, but thought it was surprising Tinto did not feature in the 23 (re-dreamer's pt), has he dropped off?

We come like Italy 1982, I will take it
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »
A point worth mentioning, hinted at before, is that this team that did us proud in Antigua by reaching the Caribbean Cup finals was largely a local based side, playing against very tough competition with players like those in Martinique exposed to French league play or strikers for English Premier League teams such as the striker from West Ham.
All of Martinique's French players were rested after the Group Stage.  The team that started last night was all local-based.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:00:17 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »
Highlights.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a7gL7qH-NYo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a7gL7qH-NYo</a>
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2012, 12:53:59 PM »
Dem two drag at 11 sec. Nasty
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
De 11 min mark you mean...but yea I watched it like 3 times

truetrini

« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2012, 04:59:10 PM »
All of Martinique's French players were rested after the Group Stage.  The team that started last night was all local-based.

Hey that is a lame excuse...like the crow feathers stuck in your craw?

If their coach in his infinite wisdom rested his players he did so thinking he was strong nought to defeat T&T.

No way h would simply "
rest" players in arguably their biggest match to date for several years!

If they had won the game he would have been lauded as being tactically astute, because he did bring in his two most influential players to date and one of them did score.

We are a better team than Martinique..and at full strength we will put a further separation still.

get it right.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)
« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
De 11 min mark you mean...but yea I watched it like 3 times

Yeh minutes sorry. Don't know why I put seconds lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »
Then that's their own fault. why rest your best players in such a crucial match.

BTW didn't i not see piqiuone or what ever his name iz blow a penalty?  :thinking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »
Then that's their own fault. why rest your best players in such a crucial match.

BTW didn't i not see piqiuone or what ever his name iz blow a penalty?  :thinking:
No question its their own fault, clearly their priority was to make the Gold Cup.  However, he did say that T&T were up against those players, which was the point I was making (that they weren't).  That's not to take anything away from T&T's accomplishment either.

You know as well as I do that penalties are essentially a crap shoot as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:15:40 PM by theworm2345 »

truetrini

« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
well dey had 90 minutes plus 30 in extra time to dispatch our rag tag warriors and could not do it, and then we out performed them in teh "crap shoot."

See them in the God Cup.  If their priority was ONLY o make the world cup den he should have kept his aces on the bench...mission  accomplished.

The FACT that he brought them on shows otherwise.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
well dey had 90 minutes plus 30 in extra time to dispatch our rag tag warriors and could not do it, and then we out performed them in teh "crap shoot."

See them in the God Cup.  If their priority was ONLY o make the world cup den he should have kept his aces on the bench...mission  accomplished.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

I think he is trying to make you out to be an ass

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2012, 07:40:41 AM »
"F#CK DEM"...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2012, 09:06:39 AM »
Highlights.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a7gL7qH-NYo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a7gL7qH-NYo</a>

Thanks for posting the highlights Firebrand. I cannot express enough how proud I am of the performance in the penalty shoot in particular, especially when T&T were down 4-3 and then had a chance to win after Martinique's fifth miss.

Another impressive aspect of the shootout that the Warriors were also kicking from behind, in the sense that the score was always 1-0, 2-1, 3-2. 4-3, etc. The composure from the guys was amazing.

Both teams actually did very well in the shootout. They could teach some of the more established teams a thing or two about penalty shootouts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:09:38 AM by kaliman2006 »

1]; } ?>