March 28, 2024, 07:24:46 AM

Author Topic: Warriors' on the brink after Antiguan defeat.  (Read 5578 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors' on the brink after Antiguan defeat.
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »
Warriors' on the brink after Antiguan defeat.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Trinidad and Tobago's national senior football team is on the verge of elimination from the 2012 Caribbean Cup as the Soca Warriors crashed to defeat in the hands of host Antigua & Barbuda 2-0 at the Antigua Recreation Ground in St. John's, Antigua.

In-fact, T&T will now have to rely on Haiti to defeat Antigua and will also have go out and defeat Dominican Republic in which could be their last game of the tournament come Tuesday and, if they are to have any chance of progressing in the tournament and qualifying for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Read More

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:34:53 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors' on the brink after Antiguan defeat.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »
Shameful, simply shameful!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 05:39:44 AM »
and why in blazes we was playing 442 with two static ass strikers timkee and anton deserve licks for bringin in dat next cuunt into d mix........if aint broke doh fuuckin fix ...........a setta bloody dunces.......steups
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:15:57 AM »
Ah wonder if smallmag throw in the towel on T&T football?? cyar hear from him @ all.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:32:15 AM »
True trini must be kicking himself in the arse for making this meaningless trip. is ah good ting i opted to sit this one out.  :rotfl:

well boy TT, look on the bright side, @ least yuh get to drink two coconut water and enjoy ah plate ah ducana and salf fish.  ;D

PS: ent ah warn yuh dat jamal gay was ah goat, and his accomplice the throw away king devon cyar score fuh sh!t jorslin wasn't far behind either ?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:35:51 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
We have to be realistic.

The Haiti tie was probably a worse result than the Antigua loss.

We have to remember Antigua is coming off make the last stages of WCQ where they were in constant training and playing meaningfull tough games.

We have not been playing anybody, anguilla 10-0 had some people happy

Not to mention antigua is playing at home.

The USL league is a higher standard than the pro league so day in and day out antigua players are playing at a higher standard than our pro league players.

Without UK based this was going to be a tough effort for these men to get through.

on another note it is not over till it is over.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:34:38 AM »
We have to be realistic.

We have to remember Antigua is coming off make the last stages of WCQ where they were in constant training and playing meaningfull tough games.

We have not been playing anybody, anguilla 10-0 had some people happy

The USL league is a higher standard than the pro league so day in and day out antigua players are playing at a higher standard than our pro league players.

Without UK based this was going to be a tough effort for these men to get through.

True, this is why Dominican Republic beat them 2-1 also... a WC qualifying team...

:devil:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8VehjQYIcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X8VehjQYIcM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
Thank you for rum and whiskey...dais all

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »
This coach sound like he not really on top of things at all. The man say T&T next game is against sonto domingo. last i check, sonto domingo was a city inside dominican republic. Its like me saying Jamaica will play agaisnt port of spain (trinidad).  his overall awareness seems lacking...was this man drinking befiore the interview? for a coach who is facing exit from the tournament (and missing the goal cup as a result), I find him to be very relaxed and calm. Perhaps he is supremely confident in the stars lining up and T&T getting through to the next round.

He said Peltier is out with a Hamstring pull. I assume this is the guy that is on break from his european club. hard luck there

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:25:47 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
It's one thing to say yuh accept the responsibility as coach, buh iz entirely unacceptable to skirt (what little meaning could be gleaned from the piss poor) questioning.

Ah man ask yuh about the midfield and yuh end up on platitudes about chances created? Yeah, chances were created (me eh know, yet to see the game) but you conceded 2 goals!!!! ... so control of the midfield seems an appropriate subject for inquiry.

Journalists need to be more refined and incisive and less colloquial, acquiescing and buddy buddy in dealing with these moments. STEUPS to the max.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
Why is TNT playing suh ropey dese days...Sort it out Shabba.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
We have to be realistic.

We have to remember Antigua is coming off make the last stages of WCQ where they were in constant training and playing meaningfull tough games.We have not been playing anybody, anguilla 10-0 had some people happy

True, this is why Dominican Republic beat them 2-1 also... a WC qualifying team...

:devil:

The core of that team plays under the banner of Antigua Barracuda FC in the USL Pro Division.  That team been together for at least two years now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-uG64MJUtFM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-uG64MJUtFM</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »
For a NT our footballing IQ low boy whey sah. Antigua dropping off and eh giving no spave in behind, yet men still looking for through balls and men trying to play it. Keeper just picking up free passes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:40 PM »
I watch the clip and honestly, with the exception of Byers, Antigua has nothing on TT. But on the other hand TT played were just slow. We appear to have better build up but piss poor in the final 3rd. Guerra and the number 20(rasta) looked outstanding. Our guys lack intensity and confidence. Match fitness is not a issue. The 2 hydras coaches have serious work to do. Or else, off with their bloody heads.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 05:58:23 PM »
When I hear and see how Shabazz navigates through the press conference we are reminded about the importance of leadership. The team is rudderless in its reaction to challenges, opportunities, and general awareness of their surroundings; this is not possible with a leader that is not only respected by his followers but also his adversaries. Shabazz does not have that aura and when the time comes for him to help his players reach deep to deliver that needed result; nothing but blanks are produced.

Another item that strikes me; and I know this may get the "roots" folks vex; but it seems all the players are cut from the same social and experiential cloth. How many of these players have a college degree or what's the average in GC passes? How many grew up with the experience and life lessons of a family business? While book sense and privilege isn't an end all be all, having people on a team with differing backgrounds can provide that needed rise when others fall flat. With this present team, including the coaches,  the diversity and depth of experiences of Trinbagonians seem to woefully fall short, much like its performances for the past 5 years. I really believe the net for developing AND utilizing players for the national team has to cast wider. Perhaps, that will start with a coach who is not only book smart but also can relate with players of differing backgrounds.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »
For a NT our footballing IQ low boy whey sah. Antigua dropping off and eh giving no spave in behind, yet men still looking for through balls and men trying to play it. Keeper just picking up free passes.

Thank you bredda!!!!

Therein lies the evidence of how jokey these local coaches are...so as ah coach I go sit down and watch my team CONSISTENTLY/CONSTANTLY give the ball to Antigua or to Molvin (Spidey) James and eh say nothing, and I is national coach??

And as a player I go do it mehself or see meh teamates doing and eh say nothing either????

Look check me when we hire a foreign coach yes.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 06:22:03 PM »
When I hear and see how Shabazz navigates through the press conference we are reminded about the importance of leadership. The team is rudderless in its reaction to challenges, opportunities, and general awareness of their surroundings; this is not possible with a leader that is not only respected by his followers but also his adversaries. Shabazz does not have that aura and when the time comes for him to help his players reach deep to deliver that needed result; nothing but blanks are produced.

Another item that strikes me; and I know this may get the "roots" folks vex; but it seems all the players are cut from the same social and experiential cloth. How many of these players have a college degree or what's the average in GC passes? How many grew up with the experience and life lessons of a family business? While book sense and privilege isn't an end all be all, having people on a team with differing backgrounds can provide that needed rise when others fall flat. With this present team, including the coaches,  the diversity and depth of experiences of Trinbagonians seem to woefully fall short, much like its performances for the past 5 years. I really believe the net for developing AND utilizing players for the national team has to cast wider. Perhaps, that will start with a coach who is not only book smart but also can relate with players of differing backgrounds.

That type of players you looking for has no interest in TT profootball. They looking for US scholarship and if after college, then they will try a thing. These "low IQ rootsmen" are committed because they have very little opportunities. That is why they on the team. You think them "bright boys" want to deal with TTFF and a 250 a day  stipend. They go find a "good" wuk and play zone football and done with that. Would anyone of you allow you sons to play pro ball in TT. Seriously. Look,  Giselle Larond-West son on the U-19 or 17 team. I think he get a scholarship to U-Penn. Correct me if I wrong. I doubt she and Mr. West will be encouraging their son to play profootball in TT. At least not at this time.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
Shameful, simply shameful!

nothing shameful about a desreved cut-arse!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »

See wha ah saying ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »

That type of players you looking for has no interest in TT profootball. They looking for US scholarship and if after college, then they will try a thing. These "low IQ rootsmen" are committed because they have very little opportunities. That is why they on the team. You think them "bright boys" want to deal with TTFF and a 250 a day  stipend. They go find a "good" wuk and play zone football and done with that. Would anyone of you allow you sons to play pro ball in TT. Seriously. Look,  Giselle Larond-West son on the U-19 or 17 team. I think he get a scholarship to U-Penn. Correct me if I wrong. I doubt she and Mr. West will be encouraging their son to play profootball in TT. At least not at this time.

Villanova.

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
which University or college Pele, Latas, Yorke, Messi and dem went to?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
Villanova.

Thanks.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »

See wha ah saying ...

Of course the other question to be asked is ... why is he alone at the post-game de-brief? Do the co-heads have different portfolios?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors must rise...or face another early exit
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »
Warriors must rise...or face another early exit
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior footballers gave a sub-par performance in their 2-0 defeat to hosts Antigua/Barbuda and put themselves in what has of late become an all too familiar position of having to depend on final day results to stay alive in a competition.

The “Soca Warriors” will have to defeat Dominican Republic on Tuesday and hope for a Haiti win over the hosts in the second game of the double header for a clear-cut passage to the semi-finals and the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Finals.

The defeat broke T&T’s seven-match unbeaten run in the competition dating back to their opening 4-1 win over French Guiana in the qualifying first round in St Kitts/Nevis.

The current squad has been described by the coaches as the best possible one assembled under the circumstances of not having access to some of the overseas-based players such as Carlos Edwards, Khaleem Hyland, Kenwyne Jones and Darryl Roberts.

Never before in the Yorke/Latapy era and with the likes of David Nakhid, Jerren Nixon, Marvin Andrews, Anthony Rougier, Stern John and Ansil Elcock among  others in the mix, would T&T have been unsure of taking care of these types of opposition. Even with players who may not have been  categorized as the top guns from the “foreign base crew” from that generation, T&T would always stamp their authority against such opponents as St Vincent/Grenadines, St Kitts/Nevis and Antigua.

Read more...

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »
which University or college Pele, Latas, Yorke, Messi and dem went to?

All those players were mentored by bright, well read people who provided guidance in those players' overall development. While most of the top professional footballers may not be scholars, at least their leaders tend to be bright people. You really can't say that for the current national team set up.

Also, you can't compare other countries, especially larger ones to T&T, when it comes to from where their players are drawn. Our selection is already severly restricted because of our population and we can't afford to do what others with greater resources do.

Finally, the players you listed were exceptional talents who were able to develop outside of T&T. Yorke and Latas left young and their experiences in hostile environments enabled them to produce. I think names like Hislop, Nakhid, Chinapoo, and John are more appropriate examples that fit the narrative of the kind of players that have to included in any T&T squad. What I am advocating is not a team full of philosphers or book worms but rather one that field players from various elements of our society and the most glaring omission from the current squad are educated young men who have the brain power and discipline the current batch of players have so far failed to show. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:24:04 PM by tempo »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
Tempo, those players from various sectors of the society have to come out and play like everyone else. They have to take the jamming. They have to want it. The have to hang in there for the long run. Like I said these guys have option to choose from when things don't go their way. And as of now the the closest oufit that appears to be a stable pro side is Connection. But one club can't do it alone. There needs to be stability and consistency from clubs in the proleaugue to make the other elements of society want to be a TT profootballer.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »
Tempo, those players from various sectors of the society have to come out and play like everyone else. They have to take the jamming. They have to want it. The have to hang in there for the long run. Like I said these guys have option to choose from when things don't go their way. And as of now the the closest oufit that appears to be a stable pro side is Connection. But one club can't do it alone. There needs to be stability and consistency from clubs in the proleaugue to make the other elements of society want to be a TT profootballer.

I'm not really talking about the Westmooring or Football Factory Crowd; though the who "take the jamming" thing is unnecessary and folks go out of their way to make it miserable for those players. Too much break foot mentality; I don't blame their parents at all for keeping their children away. That is another issue altogether though; even though for national selection; it really shouldn't make a difference where the players take their daily talents.

My point is there are a number of US-based players; college, A-League, NASL, and MLS who are available and able to bring an element and experience that the current group doesn't have. Either coaches like Shabazz are only able to manage the type of local player on display or there is a deliberate effort to keep national team football a roots game. Either way, our football is doomed unless the decision makers on the touchline are changed and we get a better brand of individual to guide our players.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 05:52:12 AM »
T&T under pressure following 2-0 loss to Antigua
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Desperation time for misfiring Warriors

T&T's Soca Warriors can still have a chance of reaching the last four of the 2012 Caribbean Cup with a handsome victory this evening over the Dominic Republic at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

But, there is no doubting the walloping suffered by T&T when they were defeated 2-0 by hosts Antigua and Barbuda at the Antigua Recreation Ground on Sunday night. It was just the second-ever win for Antigua-Barbuda over T&T in 12 meetings, the first being a 2-1 win coming in 2005 in St John's as well.

The tightly-contested Group A gives all four teams a qualifying chance on the final day. Haiti take on Antigua-Barbuda at 7 p.m., while earlier (5 p.m.) T&T face the Dominican Republic. The mainly young, but skilled DR team is led by tricky and dangerous ex-W Connection assassin Jonathan Frias. The Republicans are a close-knit bunch that share everything–even a 20-ounce soft drink and a few cookies–as they looked on at T&T's demise.

"It a huge challenge coming up against the Dominican Republic in the last match. But we still in with a chance, and we believe and we believe," T&T joint head-coach Jamaal Shabazz said. "Its going to be a game in which we have to put them under a lot of pressure and take the attack to them. But it's certainly a challenge our team is up to."

Read More

1]; } ?>