March 28, 2024, 08:00:33 AM

Author Topic: Better to Lose now  (Read 5700 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Better to Lose now
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »
Than go Gold cup and lose then.

They cost will be less and we know the TTFF have to money.

Imagine how painfull it would be if Guyana did not do us a favor and beat us out. with regard to wlord cup qualifying.

This current team is not competitive at Concacaf top level making Gold cup or winning digicel cup will give false sense of improvement.

We need to continue to rebuild, the team is young and we they have a good core, need to keep developing.

Only good thing about going gold cup is the experience for the young players but we will have to get that in another way.

The leadership need to realise that the world has changed and talent is not enough.

Improvement need to be made at all levels

false sense of success gives the leadership reason to believe they are doing a good job.

Failure provides evidence that what they are doing is not good enough.

It is beeter to lose now and for the TTFF to realise that they days of being the best in the carribean based on natural talent is over.

Things need to be put in place.

Look at antigua for example

They put a plan in place and their team got a lot better." They put a team in USL to form the core of the national team"

Look at Guyana

They put a plan in place and their team got a lot better " Hire an experience coach and send all players to TnT to play in the pro league"

What plan does trinindad have in place...

Nothing
We still feeling good because we qualified for World cup 12 years ago.

better to Lose Now and realise that the foundation is not there to be tops in West Indies far less for concacaf.

truetrini

Re: Better to Lose now
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »
MAN  you does talk so much shit sometimes I does wonder if you made of the stuff.

You feel NOT being in World Cup qualifiers better than being in it.

You feel failure to advance to the Gold Cup is more productive than qualifying for that Competition.

Why the f**k we playing football then? 

And what false sense the Administration could be feeling?  When last have we made it to the Gold Cup?   

When last have we been the best in the Caribbean?   Jamaica has that distinction for the past 12 years or maybe more.

Get a grip. 

When yuh feeling to exude ta-ta...go in the toilet...doh smear it all over people Computer monitors.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

The leadership need to realise that the world has changed and talent is not enough.
Improvement need to be made at all levels

false sense of success gives the leadership reason to believe they are doing a good job.

Too late for that pal...the horse done bolt already.  From the time yuh started hearing the comments like "6-game winning streak"...even though for the better part is games against teams ranked outside the top 100 on FIFA's list, yuh should done know where that heading.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »
Non-sense.... So what happen to the players like Hyland and Jones that would be available if we make it to the Gold Cup....

Just remember that this is not our out and out strongest team.

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »
Non-sense.... So what happen to the players like Hyland and Jones that would be available if we make it to the Gold Cup....

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured

Is a pity our out and out strongest team not even in Antigua to help us even get to the second rounds...far less the Gold Cup   :(
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured

Is a pity our out and out strongest team not even in Antigua to help us even get to the second rounds...far less the Gold Cup   :(

but dat team we have dey now didn't do ah credible job not a few weeks ago...........
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
take birchall out we team bro

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured

but dat team we have dey now didn't do ah credible job not a few weeks ago...........

I guess so...If yuh want to refer to teams like St. Kitts as 'credible'  :-\

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:50 AM »

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured

um how much better is Antigua than St.Kitts, AND Haiti and Cuba can be considered as formidable in CFU,  we need to keep things within the context of where our football is now.......leave d 80s and 90s where they is..........GONE
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »
KND2, let me ask you this.

Yuh ever give ah snowman ah blowjob ?

Because is one setta cold shit yuh taking here.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »
KND2, let me ask you this.

Yuh ever give ah snowman ah blowjob ?

Because is one setta cold shit yuh taking here.

lawd have mercy :D
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
dais a new one for the books  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured

um how much better is Antigua than St.Kitts, AND Haiti and Cuba can be considered as formidable in CFU,  we need to keep things within the context of where our football is now.......leave d 80s and 90s where they is..........GONE

Exactly the point...we just have to face the facts that we have a shit team right now...for whatever reasons we could surmise.  Cause it seems like whilst we agree that T&T's prowess amongst the CFU has diminished significantly, we still want to take some solace in the perceptions that the other teams have coincidentally improved significantly as well, and also that we still don't have our best team on the field or available right now.

I think a better measuring stick would be to see how the other CFU teams (Jamaica excluded) stand up to teams outside the CONCACAF.  Whilst there were one or two sporadic inspiring performances from Antigua against the likes of the US etc....they all flatter to deceive.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured
If we make it, though, I strongly suspect only a few of them fellas will be included. Many will feel it go 'look bad' to oust de men that got us there.

Personally, I throwing every available foreign based on de field. If they look like a disjointed mess, we looking so now anyway. But they'd at least have de extra quality to possibly pull something out de hat.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »

Hyland
Birchall
Jones
Bouchard
Edwards
and it have more
Peltier injured
If we make it, though, I strongly suspect only a few of them fellas will be included. Many will feel it go 'look bad' to oust de men that got us there.

Personally, I throwing every available foreign based on de field. If they look like a disjointed mess, we looking so now anyway. But they'd at least have de extra quality to possibly pull something out de hat.

Ssshhhhh...doh say that out loud here boy...yuh go start a next foreign vs local controversy here.  ;D

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 06:16:19 PM »
Say what ever you ant. The fact is that if or when we make it to the Gold Cup, additional resources will be available. Only then will we be anywhere close to really being able judge the quality of the TnT side. Until then let us just support and hope that the powers that be find a way to help get our local players to the next level.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 11:08:52 PM »
wey KND?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
Every Trini should call out stinking Jack, Anil and Creed.   Dem leave players starnded in st kitts, eh pay the team and TTFF as yet...dem is de real f**kers.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
Imagine jack congratulating them, but he is the one who wanted to stop funding of the team.
Youtube Channel

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »
I already congratulated the team when they made gold cup. Lets see if the administration feels good about the success or put things in place for improvement........bc that was my point

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »
take birchall out we team bro

May I ask why?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 03:29:15 PM »
been quietly following the Cup, all the rounds since early this year, this may be my first post since the debacle of Guyana, but I reading a lot of the banter that going on here on the forum, and wanted to throw in my 2 cents for whats it worth...

1) Let us not forget, first and foremost, football like most sports, is all about matchups. Because of the similar physiographic qualities of most of the caribbean islands, especially the west indian islands, players are very very similar in physique and mentality on how the game is played from early ages. Because of this, when teams meet up, the battles are usually very keenly fought and very competitive. Let us not forget even in the strike squad days, our supposed dream team of all time struggled to beat the same caribbean teams and barely beat grenada in the finals.. Thats just how is it. Let us not forget that jamaica get knock out WCQ from Barbados some time ago! barbados of all people. So to see Jamaica struggle now in this competition, just like T&T last time around, this does not shock me. It has always been like this.
The thing that separates good jamaican and Trinidad teams is when foreign based players come back and combined with a good quality coach to help the tactical aspect,  this adds a level of sophistication and experience to the game that takes it beyond a physical battle between 2 caribbean nations. thats when you get your 5-0 victories. but any local based team will never have a divine right to walk through this competition and win it easily. Add to this our football is in the pits these days, on and off the field, and we have a local based team, this is a minor miracle that we playing in the final.
 Kudos must be given to the staff and players, no matter the result tomorrow. Losing to Cuba or Martinique is no embarassment, even our great players in the past have experienced this. last time I watched Cuba play Trinidad in POS in this same competition it was like watching Barcelona play Arsenal, they were a class above us in their passing, movement, pace and sophistication. I doubt it will be much different tomorrow.

2) All this talk about sticking local just for that sake is balls. There is one undeniable thruth - our best players will always be the ones that get foreign contracts. Simple as that. U could cut and dice it however u want, it boils back down to that. Now in saying that, the coach main responsibility is coming up with the best TEAM. In theory, this is determined by the total pool of players available, the philosophy of the coach and also the opponent.
Take Kenwyne Jones for eg - he is a quality player. No doubts about it, but based on the system that the Trinidad coach use, and the qualities of the rest of the players, his style is usually not that effective for the national team. We should all know this, because we all know about Dwight Yorke man utd vs Soca Warriors. We should never give up on our foreign players, if even only to bring experience... But the blend is important, and that should be the first criteria in selecting a coach.
As much as I love hutson Charles and Shabbaz as locals, if we really serious about taking our football to the next level, we need a quality coach. these guys can learn under him and sharpen their skills. The modern game is very technical and has many many aspects that only a quality coach can bring quality contributions. Also the added fact that we still seem to have an imperial insecurity, having a white old coach is different to having a middle aged hutson Charles calling the shots in terms of player respect. But thats a whole different topic for discussion.

3) All this talk about heart and fight. I agree its a critical thing to have, but I think we overestimate the impact this has on internaional games. Just having players with  heart and fight might give u a proud team and a hard battling team, but as the quality of opponents increases, the effect of emotional bravado decreases exponentially.
You could go azteca with all the heart and fight in the world, if your players are not well prepared, you will get destroyed and embarassed. You can lose a game but show heart and fight. I am 100% sure, no player for T&T ever goes on the field and plans to take it easy and go through the motions. I agree, our mentality is not as intense as the latin americans or even jamaica and that could be construed as lacking passion, but then again, if trinidad playing football and the average man in trinidad dont even know we playing, or who we playing, how we expect our players to be any different. They are just 11 citizens and supporters who just happen to play for us...Bottom line, all this talk about Trinidad not playing with heart, go easy on them. Put a man out on the foeld and run and chase a ball in the hot sun non stop and get kick down over and over again nah, you will see how long heart and passion will last..
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:24:13 AM by Trini »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 04:48:11 PM »
For real ?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »
Giant wall of text  :frustrated:

de content wasn't bad though
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »
fork  :( Paragraphs man!!!
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »
For real ?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!!!!

Nah nah nah Jah, take win with dat post!!!!!!

I start reading and saying to mehself oh gosh man, hit enter lil bit nah?!?!?!

Just curious would any forumites read a log post like that in it's entirety?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »
I guess ah get meh answer, some men do read them.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
been quietly following the Cup, all the rounds since early this year, this may be my first post since the debacle of Guyana, but I reading a lot of the banter that going on here on the forum, and wanted to throw in my 2 cents for whats it worth...
1) Let us not forget, first and foremost, football like most sports, is all about matchups. Because of the similar physiographic qualities of most of the caribbean islands, especially the west indian islands, players are very very similar in physique and mentality on how the game is played from early ages. Because of this, when teams meet up, the battles are usually very keenly fought and very competitive. Let us not forget even in the strike squad days, our supposed dream team of all time struggled to beat the same caribbean teams and barely beat grenada in the finals.. Thats just how is it. Let us not forget that jamaica get knock out WCQ from Barbados some time ago! barbados of all people. So to see Jamaica struggle now in this competition, just like T&T last time around, this does not shock me. It has always been like this. The thing that separates good jamaican and Trinidad teams is when foreign based players come back and combined with a good quality coach to help the tactical aspect,  this adds a level of sophistication and experience to the game that takes it beyond a physical battle between 2 caribbean nations. thats when you get your 5-0 victories. but any local based team will never have a divine right to walk through this competition and win it easily. Add to this our football is in the pits these days, on and off the field, and we have a local based team, this is a minor miracle that we playing in the final. Kudos must be given to the staff and players, no matter the result tomorrow. Losing to Cuba or Martinique is no embarassment, even our great players in the past have experienced this. last time I watched Cuba play Trinidad in POS in this same competition it was like watching Barcelona play Arsenal, they were a class above us in their passing, movement, pace and sophistication. I doubt it will be much different tomorrow.
2) All this talk about sticking local just for that sake is balls. There is one undeniable thruth - our best players will always be the ones that get foreign contracts. Simple as that. U could cut and dice it however u want, it boils back down to that. Now in saying that, the coach main responsibility is coming up with the best TEAM. In theory, this is determined by the total pool of players available, the philosophy of the coach and also the opponent. Take Kenwyne Jones for eg - he is a quality player. No doubts about it, but based on the system that the Trinidad coach use, and the qualities of the rest of the players, his style is usually not that effective for the national team. We should all know this, because we all know about Dwight Yorke man utd vs Soca Warriors. We should never give up on our foreign players, if even only to bring experience... But the blend is important, and that should be the first criteria in selecting a coach. As much as I love hutson Charles and Shabbaz as locals, if we really serious about taking our football to the next level, we need a quality coach. these guys can learn under him and sharpen their skills. The modern game is very technical and has many many aspects that only a quality coach can bring quality contributions. Also the added fact that we still seem to have an imperial insecurity, having a white old coach is different to having a middle aged hutson Charles calling the shots in terms of player respect. But thats a whole different topic for discussion.
3) All this talk about heart and fight. I agree its a critical thing to have, but I think we overestimate the impact this has on internaional games. Just having players with  heart and fight might give u a proud team and a hard battling team, but as the quality of opponents increases, the effect of emotional bravado decreases exponentially. You could go azteca with all the heart and fight in the world, if your players are not well prepared, you will get destroyed and embarassed. You can lose a game but show heart and fight. I am 100% sure, no player for T&T ever goes on the field and plans to take it easy and go through the motions. I agree, our mentality is not as intense as the latin americans or even jamaica and that could be construed as lacking passion, but then again, if trinidad playing football and the average man in trinidad dont even know we playing, or who we playing, how we expect our players to be any different. They are just 11 citizens and supporters who just happen to play for us...Bottom line, all this talk about Trinidad not playing with heart, go easy on them. Put a man out on the foeld and run and chase a ball in the hot sun non stop and get kick down over and over again nah, you will see how long heart and passion will last..

Seriously though Good points in Article
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:56:22 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
Allyuh feel Leo was a brilliant tactician or a great man manager???

I feel the latter.

Wim was a f**king shit hound and a goat..he had no respect for anyone or anything local and looked down upon trinis as peoons and hardly civilized..that c**t.

Watch how he go get fired wey he is in Africa soon.

Give me Maturana over he anyday

1]; } ?>