March 29, 2024, 08:05:05 AM

Author Topic: T&T seals Gold Cup spot.  (Read 6621 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T seals Gold Cup spot.
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
T&T seals Gold Cup spot.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Warriors survive to fight another day.

Trinidad and Tobago men's national football team has booked a place in the semi-final stage of the 2012 Caribbean Cup after scraping past the Dominican Republic 2-1 at the Antigua Recreation Ground, St John's Antigua.

However, despite beating the Spanish speaking Caribbean island, T&T had to wait for the match between Haiti and Antigua to finish before they could celebrate. And with the Haitians getting the better of the host 1-0 it guaranteed T&T a place alongside Haiti in the semi-final stage of the Caribbean Cup and a place in next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup in July.

Full Report

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:38:39 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors survive to fight another day.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »
XMAS MIRACLE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T celebrates G/Cup berth, requests fresh players and answers Cornell Glen
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »
T&T celebrates Gold Cup spot after Haitian help
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Thirty-nine years ago, Haiti extinguished the football dreams of one of Trinidad and Tobago’s most gifted generations with a controversial 2-1 World Cup qualifying win in Port-au-Prince.
Tonight, Haiti and Trinidad and Tobago players celebrated the same result as a nail-biting 1-0 win for the French Islanders over host nation Antigua and Barbuda ensured that the “Soca Warriors” will return the confederation’s showcase tournament, the CONCACAF Gold Cup, for the first time in seven years.
Earlier at the Antigua Recreation Ground, the Warriors clawed their way to a 2-1 win over the Dominican Republic. But Trinidad and Tobago’s triumph would have been in vain if Haiti and Antigua had played to a draw in the second game of a Caribbean Cup double header at the same venue.
In theory, a draw would have suited both teams as Haiti would have topped the group with Antigua finishing as runner-up. But the French-speaking players had other ideas.
Jean-Phillipe Peguero put the visitors ahead in the 19th minute and Haiti hung on for dear life. Central defender Merschack Jerome was booked for time wasting while Haitian goalkeeper and captain Jhony Placide frustrated his opponents by running the ball into the corners of his penalty box from midway through the second half.
The Trinidad and Tobago camp did not mind their gamesmanship one bit.
“I think that was a huge result for Trinidad and Tobago,” Trinidad and Tobago joint head coach Jamaal Shabazz told Wired868, via a phone interview. “Our players were praying for 90 minutes and now they are dancing and singing. I am happy for (co-head coach) Hutson Charles and Derek (King) and the rest of the staff…
“Haiti did us a huge favour there.”
In truth, the Haitian team had its own score to settle.
Read more: http://www.wired868.co/2012/12/11/tt-celebrates-gold-cup-spot-after-haitian-help/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:25:19 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Let's try and win this tournament lads

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We don't currently have the players or coaching staff to win the Gold Cup realistically.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We don't currently have the players or coaching staff to win the Gold Cup realistically.
I was speaking about the CFU...Gold Cup is nothing but a miracle

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 04:43:32 AM »
oh joy...... :yawning:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
After watching us play Antigua I'm not sure even that possible nah.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Atleast we back down to one coach for the Gold Cup... Unless Shabazz want to get lock up in Miami again!  :Police:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Believe- We have six months to prepare and get the right players. Who knows we may even get a Coach.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »
Believe- We have six months to prepare and get the right players. Who knows we may even get a Coach.

i hope so
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: T&T seals Gold Cup spot.
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 07:23:39 AM »
T&T seals first Gold Cup qualification since 2007.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago secured its first qualification for the CONCACAF Gold Cup since 2007 through a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Dominican Republic coupled with Haiti’s 1-0 win over Antigua/Barbuda in their closing group matches in the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals at the Antigua Recreation Ground in St John’s.

There were huge scenes of relief and celebration in the T&T camp when the final whistle was blown to end Haiti’s fixture as a 19th minute goal by Jean-Philippe Peguero proved to be one of the deciding factors in T&T’s passage to the semi-finals.

In the earlier game which kicked off under blistering heat at 5pm, Kevon Carter netted in the 19th minute to put T&T 1-0 ahead and Kevin Molino came off the bench to grab the winner in the 71st minute. The final Group A table read Haiti on top with six points with T&T second on four and Antigua and Dominican Republic on three each.

Full Report

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:38:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:41:49 AM »
Well well, this is a nice surprise.  Congrats to the players for doing what had to be done.
I really didn't think it would happen.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
amazing............

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »
Lisana saying we haven't been to the Gold Cup in seven years...Fuentes saying since 2007.
Which one correct ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 10:11:06 AM »
Congrats with a little luck! We have some work to do though ! Hopefully we can get it together . Haiti did us a favour for real although they took away a big part of our football glory from us in 1973!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »
pardners, our last appearance in the gold cup was in 2007 under Wim.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »
pardners, our last appearance in the gold cup was in 2007 under Wim.

Remember watching the elmination game for that gold cup in foxboro versus I think it was Guatemala, I think the game end in a draw but we did not make it through.
Bleeder had a particularly good game that day, the team on a hold played well.

Back then I was part of the Socawarriors press details went to the the post game news conference and thing......

We had a good lime after the game in the parking lot too

them was the days......................

Five years later and where we reach..........I guess Bleeder still running the midfield

so the more things change the more they stay the same..........

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »
Our last Gold Cup was in 2007. My error. Will be adjusted.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »

i hope so

Doh hold all yuh breath as according to Shabazz: “The co-coaching set up is challenging,” said Shabazz, “but it is a work in progress. A coach operates in a spontaneous way at times because he has a gut feeling. But, in our situation, sometimes you can go overboard in trying not to make the other feel you are trying to grab hold of the thing.

“Today, Barber had a gut feeling about Molino and it worked.”

Molino was introduced in the 65th minute and, five minutes later, prodded home the winner after Dominican Republic custodian spilled a Curtis Gonzales effort."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »

i hope so

Doh hold all yuh breath as according to Shabazz: “The co-coaching set up is challenging,” said Shabazz, “but it is a work in progress. A coach operates in a spontaneous way at times because he has a gut feeling. But, in our situation, sometimes you can go overboard in trying not to make the other feel you are trying to grab hold of the thing.

Molino was introduced in the 65th minute and, five minutes later, prodded home the winner after Dominican Republic custodian spilled a Curtis Gonzales effort."
So it was Barber's decision to send on Molino....Why not let the man be the only head coach? too much chiefs!!!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
really does not matter who the coach is...........we are going with Local coach unit 2016 when world cup qualifying start
if we make it past first rounds we look at getting a foreign coach,

Until then we will recycle the locals

At least charles is somewhat of a new face and getting some experience.

shabazz, corneal, Charles, Varnes,

Look for Russ Russel and King to get put into the mix eventually as well.

Hopefully a man like Lawrence might get a bligh with the experience he getting in england and go back and do a good job.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/049sqsbde3s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/049sqsbde3s</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7kAZqes6rI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P7kAZqes6rI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/79_aNftQ4xk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/79_aNftQ4xk</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 03:58:16 PM »
T&T celebrates after Haiti won
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZYacecx0c&feature=player_embedded

:beermug:

If only them guys could play as good as they celebrate, we would ah done qualify already. But still I am real happy for them. Some of the players look like they could not believe that we made it. Come on now guys let's win this.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 04:03:07 PM »

i hope so

So it was Barber's decision to send on Molino....Why not let the man be the only head coach? too much chiefs!!!

six - months. Then is six weeks and we eh start training.  TTFF and the pro-league have to work out something here. The pro-league season and fixture like quicksilver. Moving all over the place. I think the proleague following a Fifa schedule. When the season over, the TTFF should have the nucleus of the team train and play some game. Play Ven or club teams from Ven, Colombia, Ecuador. Forget results. Establish a style of play. When I started to watch the game  vs DR, I thought that the Warriors was playing in white and DR in red. They BALLED us, breds. We better improve fast or we will be the doormats of the Caribbean. A bunch of have beens.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:05:51 PM by Deeks »

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »
Congrats to the team but the coach is too humble!!

coming 2nd place in this grp is not too impressive ESP with those performances

warrior for life!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
Weh de fack some ah allyuh does want boy, blood??!!

we went with a young C team to this tournament, most of our first team players are either injured or unable to make it to this tourney, the boys went out and gave their all, is that not enough for allyuh??

i say instead of finding fault, just big up the guys and be grateful, after all T&T were never fackin world beaters, and i find we did good for a country who's football iz almost nonexistent.

allyuh feel antigua and dominican republic iz easy team tuh beat??

the antiguans team is 90% barrcuda, that is the same team that almost beat the USA and dominican rep is ah much improved team beating quite ah few teams to get there even antigua.

i say we did good given the circumstances. and deeks, i don't think DR is ah better team than us, yes they have a knock, and so what!! san morino have ah solid knock to now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:12:43 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »
it look like d DR keeper climb ah greasy poll before d game.......... tank u lawd :-\ :)
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>