April 27, 2024, 08:54:45 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)  (Read 22422 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Martinique Caribbean Cup game in Antigua (18:00) on the 14th of December 2012 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:
1. Chat Room.

Possible Online Streams.
1. Ustream
2. Caribbean Cup Antigua

Possible TV Station.
To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers
1.Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection), 21.Marvin Phillip (Central FC).

Defenders
5.Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), 2.Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), 20.Seon Power (North East Stars), 3.Joevin Jones (W Connection), 4.Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), 6.Kareem Moses (North East Stars), 17.Daneil Cyrus (Song Lam Nghe).

Midfielders
10.Kevin Molino (Unattached), 7.Hughtun Hector (W Connection - Injury), 12.Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava - Injury), 11.Kevon Carter (Defence Force), 16.Keyon Edwards (Caledonia AIA), 18.Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), 8.Ataullah Guerra (Caledonia AIA), Clyde Leon (W Connection - Possible call-up).

Forwards
14.Willis Plaza (Song Lam Nghe), 13.Richard Roy (Defence Force), 9.Devorn Jorsling (Defence Force), 15.Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA), Jason Marcano (St Ann's Rangers - Possible call-up).

Martinique Squad

To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:35:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »
We cyah play de ass wit Martinique nah. We beat dem in de last two encounters, but before dat, dey beat we three times in a row including a match at de Gold Cup.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
Time to say some novena
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
We cyah play de ass wit Martinique nah. We beat dem in de last two encounters, but before dat, dey beat we three times in a row including a match at de Gold Cup.
Man we have played crap in all the games so far and we may just play an absolute blinder against Martinique,stranger things have happened.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:26:04 AM »
We dun over achieve already, anything from here on in is gravy. ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
I still think there could be a big surprise waiting,the thing is we played badly in all the matches so far and "the law of averages" we are due at least one good match...a win against Martinique,now that would be better than gravy.There is also the fact that the boys may feel better because the weight is off their shoulders now,lets hope they play the football we know they can play.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
Good point frico. You could be right, the pyschological stress was more than we might have known. In the video, keeper Jan was just sobbing and sobbing nonstop ?with joy like a man heavily traumatized silently by a prolonged painful high stakes war. That to me is evidence of hidden weight on his shoulders. So now they can play and ramajay! Push Molino up front and wide and pull 3 defenders with him on the left, Marcano on the right to pull 2 with his dribbling, layoff to the centre and BAM! Leon blasts a 25 yard corker down the center and T&T is back! Daiz a page from de playbook for Friday people. Iz all tactics and we had become too predictable and neutralized up front. Have to have some surprises and constantly changing tactics. Dem martiniquans eh stupid atall
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »

CO-SIGNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
I don't know if any of you have watched Martinique in this tournament, but they have been very good.  Very well organized, solid at the back, and capable going forward.  I think for T&T to have a chance they have to avoid conceding, certainly in the first 70 or so minutes of the match.  Plus, T&T have lacked any creativity going forward.  One thing that may help is their winger/full back Gael Germany was injured yesterday (not sure how bad) and he has been influential.  If the coaches are smart they will watch the video of Guadeloupe 3 - 3 Martinique, as that is the only time in the Caribbean Cup they have conceded more than one, and its a relatively similar team.  Martinique do have weaknesses, its just that I'm not sure T&T can exploit them.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:05:34 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
w.a.f.r ..sigh  !!  lawd ah feel like ah weight just come off meh shoulder ., by saying so it must also be a huge relief psychologically for all the players involved to achieve the first goal of getting to the gold cup .. it wasn't pretty  but i will take that anyday ... so with that said  let me congratulate jan michael williams and and his team mates for getting there ( to the goldcup )  ..... and  wishing the team  more success for  the remainder of the tournament....  to jan micheal williams a special word of encouragement to you not forgetting what you had to endure  over the past year .. your strength is  remarkable   continue to inspire  your team mates ....  you all have my best wishes  congrats once again ... looking forward to seeing  you guys at the goldcup next year ....ah cyar wait......

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
dreamer:
You have made a good summing up of the situation and Jan Williams showed the weight of stress by all dem tears he shed,as i say we are due a good game and who knows if the Martiniqans isn't due a stinker,I feel like there is more surprises to come.Hope has risen again and whatever happens we can look at the future with a smile,i would love to see Jan smilling to-morrow.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:12:53 PM by frico »

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »
I don't know if any of you have watched Martinique in this tournament, but they have been very good.  Very well organized, solid at the back, and capable going forward.  I think for T&T to have a chance they have to avoid conceding, certainly in the first 70 or so minutes of the match.  Plus, T&T have lacked any creativity going forward.  One thing that may help is their winger/full back Gael Germany was injured yesterday (not sure how bad) and he has been influential.  If the coaches are smart they will watch the video of Guadeloupe 3 - 3 Martinique, as that is the only time in the Caribbean Cup they have conceded more than one, and its a relatively similar team.  Martinique do have weaknesses, its just that I'm not sure T&T can exploit them.

Listen I like you a lot.  BUT.....according to all your predictions/analyses we were not supposed to progress.  T&T is a better team than we have thus far shown and now the pressure is off, we will see a different team.

T&T 3 Martinique 0

We will not only prevail, the Cup is ours for the taking.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 03:06:31 PM »
Listen I like you a lot.  BUT.....according to all your predictions/analyses we were not supposed to progress.  T&T is a better team than we have thus far shown and now the pressure is off, we will see a different team.

T&T 3 Martinique 0

Where did I say that?  Even if I had said that I wouldn't have been far off  ;D.  I assure you T&T will not beat Martinique 3-0.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 03:11:38 PM »

T&T 3 Martinique 0

Where did I say that?  Even if I had said that I wouldn't have been far off  ;D.  I assure you T&T will not beat Martinique 3-0.

So what's your prediction worm?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 03:21:06 PM »
Game will finish 2-1 Trinidad , i have spoken
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »

I agree. I remember when our team hammered seven goals past Marinique at the Queen's Park Oval. That was one of the greatest days for T&T football and was a great sports day on the whole. On that day, Brian Lara was on his way to breaking Sobers' record at the time.

But that was back in 1994....

Now, we live in a different time, where the golden generation has long departed into the sunset and we now find ourselves in the midst of a veritable footballing dystopia, where our team just barely qualifies for a Caribbean Cup semi.

Sorry, did not mean to ramble or sound so nostalgic. It is just I remember what T&T football used to be.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 04:07:50 PM »
to tell u how tnt football has realy disillusioned me over the past couple years is wrapped up in this question...

why are we playing martinique? i see its a recent date...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_NuI1S9f5Hc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_NuI1S9f5Hc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
So what's your prediction worm?
Hard to call, as someone pointed out who knows if T&T will all of the sudden play to their capability.  If form holds, I'd say 1- or 2-0 to Martinique.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »
The only way we resting 3 on Martinique is if we score early and/or some seriously freaky shit happens  (which is not to say we can't win the game).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »
Apart from Hector and Peltier (injury), Aurbey David is also out (two yellow cards).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
T&T face off with Martinique.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team will attempt to accomplish another goal in the Caribbean Cup finals, this time to overcome semi-final opponents Martinique and secure a spot in Sunday’s Final when both countries clash in the opening game of a double header at the Antigua Recreation Ground, St John’s from 5pm on Friday.

T&T are already assured US $30,000 for reaching the last four but they have a keen eye on the Caribbean Cup and the winners cheque valued at US$ 100,000. The other two semi-finalists Haiti and Cuba will square off from 7pm,also looking to book a place in Sunday’s Final at the Sir Vivian Richard’s Stadium.

The two losing semi-finalists will meet in the third place playoffs at the same venue. The Runners-up will take home US $75,000 with third and fourth placed teams will take away US $50,000 and US $30,000 respectively.

Read More

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »
I WANT THE CUP
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »
Martinique have a good squad including France and England based players but we might take them since this group has a good vibes and fighting spirit....... TheY have been down and out and rise to the occasion and with Jamaica  out TNT have a chance to take it

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 09:54:54 PM »
T&T will win. I'm thinking positive
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
The Cuba-Haiti game should be entertaining. Tune eeen.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 07:11:24 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_NuI1S9f5Hc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_NuI1S9f5Hc</a>
Shuan need a mic with a decent windscreen and filter for the camera.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:15:13 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 11:35:30 AM »
T&T vs Haiti - Finalist for the Caribbean Cup. Christmas coming early for the Forumites.
 Believe and the miracle will happen, An early goal and then catch them on the counter. Get the ball to Guerra who could run down the middle and 3-0 is possible.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 12:11:10 PM »
Backing Cuba!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 01:41:26 PM »
Backing Cuba!
Only way I see them getting through is a penalty shootout.

1]; } ?>