April 23, 2024, 03:03:19 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)  (Read 22334 times)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Martinique Game (14-Dec-2012)
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
In the chatroom, some people were saying that the T&T's equalizer was offside. I honestly could not tell from the angle I saw it at.

Anyone think our goal was offside?
Looked like it, seemed as if he was tracking back but hell, whats done is done and we deserved our win :)

I'm inclined to think so. I had a slight attack of conscience, but given what our football has been through since 2006, I think we deserve some sort of luck.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
plz confirm if we have any suspended players for the final  ( Bleeder ??)
Bleeder picked up his first yellow today so he safe...
Cyar remember who else got carded today, but here are the previous cards (based on stats I found on Wiki)
Molino in the Haiti game
David in the Antigua game
David in the DR game (so I assume he missed the game today)
Gonzales in DR game
Carter in DR game
well yes

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »
play at the level of hector or guerra.
What level Hector does play @??  ??? ??? ???

the most consistent and effective attacking midfielder we have actually. this is not the spanish national team, or god forbid chelsea. this is little t&t.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »
TT v jamaica goh be one heeeelll of a final boy ah cyar wait  :beermug: :devil:

Easy, yuh know the yardies go come back wit how dey have bigger fish to fry. Remember, we say the same thing when the situation was reversed some time ago.

nah jus poking at d d arrogant f'ers lil bit d opportunities have been so few these last few years :(
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
Dem fawkin antiguan commentators real shameless boy! they eh givin we no credit @ all for reaching the finals "oh how we goals was offside, how we had to scrape back from one down to equalize, how penalty kicks save us, how we haiti saved us," and all kinda fackry!  ah tell llyuh dem was nasty ppl.    :shameonyou:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »
We cyah play de ass wit Martinique nah. We beat dem in de last two encounters, but before dat, dey beat we three times in a row including a match at de Gold Cup.

I agree. I remember when our team hammered seven goals past Marinique at the Queen's Park Oval. That was one of the greatest days for T&T football and was a great sports day on the whole. On that day, Brian Lara was on his way to breaking Sobers' record at the time.

But that was back in 1994....

Now, we live in a different time, where the golden generation has long departed into the sunset and we now find ourselves in the midst of a veritable footballing dystopia, where our team just barely qualifies for a Caribbean Cup semi.

Sorry, did not mean to ramble or sound so nostalgic. It is just I remember what T&T football used to be.

U 4got it was d same weekend Lara was goin after Sobers record and updates were bein provided.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »
Allyuh worried bout offside, that ref wasn't givin we nutten! who knows if the goal was offside anyway, did allyuh go back and check it out. i seriously doubt that a fifa licensed lines man would make such a huge mistake especially during the semis of a big regional tourney.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
Congrats T&T.  I have been pessimistic all along...mostly frustration with the state of the game in T&T.  Ah know I give nuff blows to de team fuh how dey play but ah know dem fellas tryin dey best which is all you can ask.

Congrats too to the coahing staff.  I eh agree with shabazz co coachin or whatever...but results is wha matter so I will eat meh crow and always hope against hope that T&T....administration, coaches, and players...will come together and achieve their potential.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »
Dem fawkin antiguan commentators real shameless boy! they eh givin we no credit @ all for reaching the finals "oh how we goals was offside, how we had to scrape back from one down to equalize, how penalty kicks save us, how we haiti saved us," and all kinda fackry!  ah tell llyuh dem was nasty ppl.    :shameonyou:

Anybody else heard them the other night say that any one of Haiti , Mart , and Cuba are strong contenders to win the cup? The only mention of T&T was that we were not as good as we were in the past.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »
We in the finals i"m glad lets hope the team step it up and use this win as motivation to bring home the cup.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »
Congrats T&T.  I have been pessimistic all along...mostly frustration with the state of the game in T&T.  Ah know I give nuff blows to de team fuh how dey play but ah know dem fellas tryin dey best which is all you can ask.

Congrats too to the coahing staff.  I eh agree with shabazz co coachin or whatever...but results is wha matter so I will eat meh crow and always hope against hope that T&T....administration, coaches, and players...will come together and achieve their potential.

I too have to eat a snack pack of crow. I stayed at work to drink beer with the boys. I thought  that when I got home I would see that Mart beat us. So I Have to Congratulate and Apologize to the Soca Warriors for my lack of faith.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »

I too have to eat a snack pack of crow. I stayed at work to drink beer with the boys. I thought  that when I got home I would see that Mart beat us. So I Have to Congratulate and Apologize to the Soca Warriors for my lack of faith.
I'll be eating a Thanksgiving dinner's worth after my earlier predictions (even if I thought Martinique would have their A squad)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2012, 07:57:55 PM »
We cyah play de ass wit Martinique nah. We beat dem in de last two encounters, but before dat, dey beat we three times in a row including a match at de Gold Cup.

I agree. I remember when our team hammered seven goals past Marinique at the Queen's Park Oval. That was one of the greatest days for T&T football and was a great sports day on the whole. On that day, Brian Lara was on his way to breaking Sobers' record at the time.

But that was back in 1994....

Now, we live in a different time, where the golden generation has long departed into the sunset and we now find ourselves in the midst of a veritable footballing dystopia, where our team just barely qualifies for a Caribbean Cup semi.

Sorry, did not mean to ramble or sound so nostalgic. It is just I remember what T&T football used to be.

U 4got it was d same weekend Lara was goin after Sobers record and updates were bein provided.

I eh forget. I thought I had alluded to it in the bolded part of the my quoted post.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2012, 08:12:23 PM »
YO!!!!

We Lebron James look-alike keeper deserves special mucho kudos for dat save in dying minutes to keep we ass in de game, I though for sure dat was ah goal!!!!

Big up yuhself skipper!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
Fellahs dat was de most gratifying victory fuh T&T in years. Years ah tell yuh. Ah take a while to post to let it sink een.

First, congrats to those who made it possible to see this game .... live!
Boy, what to say. Daiz do or die T&T diggin' deep, on show. I sayin' what comes to mind ..

1. We looked like a purposeful team with some real pedigree again, occasional lapse, but yuh could see that this is a footballing nation. Even the jealous commentators saying, to paraphrase, "T&T clearly has technical ability, one thing yuh cyah take away from them" as they watched Molino, Bleeder, Guerra etc. dancing with the ball in swarming Martiniquan traffic.
2. Guerra boy. A new star has finally established himself and out of the li'l-boy-geyyin'-disciplined-by-Fenwick syndrome. Strong like a beast, run fuh 120 minutes, skillful ... and nerves of steel to handle de final penalty.
3. Molino. Great. Just great.
4. Coach tactics good to save Molino for the end.
5. Penalty taking fluidity something to behold. Nuff respect for this. Take a bow Proleague.
6. Jan !! Penalty saving KING ... again!!  Borse!
7. Roy! Waiss. Yuh real real represent as a super sub in de dying minutes dread. Wow! If it wasn't for your equalizer, it woulda be real tears and civil war on this site. Cool calm finish, honed by the practice in T&T's Proleague again! Skeenos ... yuh smilin' eh?
8. Power. Respec'. All those who call yuh name with disrepect, dey go choke and sing yuh praises now. We all make errors but yuh never gave up even as yuh muscles was breakin' down after 120 minutes. Yuh fought hard and you will be surely selected again. Thank you.
9. Gonzales. Newcomer and big penalty. Respec' breds.
10. Cyrus. Mr big throw. Yuh real run down ball and tried yuh best to track back to the left wing back during Marinique's counter attacks.
11. Gay. Yuh struggled today. I eh lorse faith in yuh so do frighten. It eh easy out dey playing Stern-stylee with yuh back to the Martinique defense. Everybody go geh dey turn to shine and star. Yesterday Roy was de bobolee and today he is a star. So it go.
12. Mitchell. Nice penalty star. Cool as a cucumbah.
13.  Bleeder. Rock of forkin Gibraltah. Mr super dependable, simple and sweet, find man open, change play. Borse.
14. And no Hector!!!!! ... and we still get tru? Could you believe it. One of T&T's most exciting, creative, intelligent and talented players to watch. The sacrifice to come here and risk yuh Vietnamese club career was worth it. If Song Nam Totee (or whetever is dey fleckin' name) doh want yuh should you geh injured, tell dem to eff deyself, ... yuh go be on a sweet new shop window soon, come Gold Cup. Tell dem to scrunt wit' dey stinkin' noodles.
15. Jones and de rest, thanks eh. Nice playin'. Carter nice going on de right, yuh coming back. .. and doh fuhget Edwards, an under-recognized talent in midfield. Watch out for him.

Real nailbiting drama, I eh go lie. We comin' back folks. Lots of work to be done but this is a GREAT start to a sweet fairytale story.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:59:29 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2012, 08:28:47 PM »
Bleeder get ah rating of 10 from me, the man marshall dat fackin midfield like ah real general!    :salute: :salute:

Offline BESBRAHN

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football is life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »
Love dreamer's synopsis,lol. As Shabazz said before the game T&T football has to take baby steps to get back to where it was...basics still missing like trapping etc but good grit by the Warriors. Cuba will be tough but Warriors can do it. Been waiting a while for Guerra to get a proper run in the team as he is the most talented midfielder in T&T..natural skill like that. With the addition of the foreign based we can put up a good showing in the Gold cup...still not sold on Hutson Charles as coach but well done all the same.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2012, 08:47:14 PM »
If Song Nam Totee (or whetever is dey fleckin' name) doh want yuh should you geh injured, tell dem to eff deyself, ... yuh go be on a sweet new shop window soon, come Gold Cup. Tell dem to scrunt wit' dey stinkin' noodles.

oh lawwwddd!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  :busshead:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:48:49 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »
They knock around the ball decent today. still losing possession in the attacking 3rd , but the best ive seen them play whole tournament
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »
Bleeder get ah rating of 10 from me, the man marshall dat fackin midfield like ah real general!    :salute: :salute:

Yes, I have been one of his critic. He is a WC veteran and should make his prescence be felt in the middle. Today was justification. As a matter of fact the TT the defence was good. I did not see Mart. running thru we middle like DR. We were more compact. Good luck on Sunday.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
Some good news tonight.  Well done fellas!

truetrini

« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
This Trini team is very decent defensively.  very!

We need to have Molino on song and we need Peltier to stay focused and committed.   The biggest hurdle in this team is the penetration in the attacking third, once that is addressed we will be alright.

Belief and consistency are key.   The team spirit is superb, the core of this team has been together for a while, with many coming up under Anton Corneal.  (who vex lorse.)

I am no fan of the two coach system, but I feel that will be resolved shortly.

We will beat Cuba in the final, w e are a good passing team, and apart from the lapses in the group stages we look better passing the ball than any other team bar Dominican Republic.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »
This Trini team is very decent defensively.  very!

We need to have Molino on song and we need Peltier to stay focused and committed.   The biggest hurdle in this team is the penetration in the attacking third, once that is addressed we will be alright.

Belief and consistency are key.   The team spirit is superb, the core of this team has been together for a while, with many coming up under Anton Corneal.  (who vex lorse.)

I am no fan of the two coach system, but I feel that will be resolved shortly.

We will beat Cuba in the final, w e are a good passing team, and apart from the lapses in the group stages we look better passing the ball than any other team bar Dominican Republic.

What gave that away? :devil:

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2012, 10:04:54 PM »
Well finally people seeing bleeder true potential! And all yuh eh see nutting yet! Good win TNT

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2012, 10:22:46 PM »
Well finally people seeing bleeder true potential! And all yuh eh see nutting yet! Good win TNT

I doh think 'potential' is the right word.

truetrini

« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

you is mr pessimistic.

Eat up!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:02:28 PM by truetrini SC »

truetrini

« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »

I'll be eating a Thanksgiving dinner's worth after my earlier predictions (even if I thought Martinique would have their A squad)

Use Liberally!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2012, 11:35:27 PM »
Well in all fairness to the commentators, one did say we were technically competent and technically better in running into spaces and reading the game. from what i saw we tend to play with passion when we are a goal down. Congrats to the coaching staff and players. Guerra could be our next standout player. At least he can take the ball and run to goal. He understands the main thing must be the main thing.- Going for goal.

truetrini

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »
Well in all fairness to the commentators, one did say we were technically competent and technically better in running into spaces and reading the game. from what i saw we tend to play with passion when we are a goal down. Congrats to the coaching staff and players. Guerra could be our next standout player. At least he can take the ball and run to goal. He understands the main thing must be the main thing.- Going for goal.

Molino and Peltier too, these guys run at the defenders.   Molino is very skillful and can pass the ball like a true professional.  Gay wants to play with his back to the goal alone...and when he does run it is the little short runs, he needs to have the confidence to go at the defenders.

At times he looks pedestrian and other times he is speedy...confidence???

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2012, 04:45:15 AM »

Molino and Peltier too, these guys run at the defenders.   Molino is very skillful and can pass the ball like a true professional.  Gay wants to play with his back to the goal alone...and when he does run it is the little short runs, he needs to have the confidence to go at the defenders.

At times he looks pedestrian and other times he is speedy...confidence???
I dun tell you bout this gay fella already, but go head, keep wishing on stars.    :-[

1]; } ?>