April 27, 2024, 07:00:23 AM

Author Topic: Warriors' on the brink after Antiguan defeat.  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Warriors' on the brink after Antiguan defeat.
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 05:52:39 AM »
Morris not surprised by ‘Warriors’ defeat
By STEPHON NICHOLAS (Newsday).

FORMER national captain, Clayton Morris, says he is not surprised by the Soca Warriors shock 2-0 defeat to Antigua and Barbuda on Sunday in the Caribbean Cup finals currently being held in Antigua.

The defeat left Trinidad and Tobago on the brink of early elimination after the “Warriors” were held to a 0-0 draw against Haiti in their opening match of Group ‘A’.

“To be honest, I am not surprised by that result. The team is once again at the rebuilding stage. We just had an addition to the team, I was concerned — and I did express that with Jamaal Shabazz — about having two heads in one team because it’s impossible to have two head coaches,” he said.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 06:09:54 AM »
it would seem anton and d ttff too dotish to realize dat............and Shabazz is to much of ah self aburbed prick to refuse or stay in d back round for that matter.
I pity the fool....

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
The only way forward is to get rid of Shabazz and let Charles do his thing but it's too late now. I never felt in my mind that Shabazz is good for our football,he should stay in Guyana. Why don't the people of Trinidad and Tobago can't understand the differences among .. football,leadership and football leadership?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
So there are people in Trinidad who knows that two head coaches make no sense. Charles is such a nice fella.. if I were him I would have made a statement that I don't want a partner I already have a staff and if you want to replace me..then do so..but I would not have worked with Shabazz to be a part of this nonsense.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 03:12:20 PM »
Clayton Morris would have supported Charles b/c he recognized the fact that the team was in a "rebuilding phase" that means that players and coach are bonding..going from strength to strength..players learning to trust the coach.. then suddenly in comes a big time coach in Shabazz to undermine that and throw a big monkey wrench in a fragile situation . That is Trinidad..always reinventing the wheel.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »
Clayton Morris would have supported Charles b/c he recognized the fact that the team was in a "rebuilding phase" that means that players and coach are bonding..going from strength to strength..players learning to trust the coach.. then suddenly in comes a big time coach in Shabazz to undermine that and throw a big monkey wrench in a fragile situation . That is Trinidad..always reinventing the wheel.

Nah, ah feel somebody had ah sledgehammer ...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
we get beat by WHO!!! I have lost so much respect for our football from the ADMIN TO THE PLAYERS. Is ta ta and school boy football all the way and we cah even beat the weakest teams in the region :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 08:13:50 PM »
we get beat by WHO!!! I have lost so much respect for our football from the ADMIN TO THE PLAYERS. Is ta ta and school boy football all the way and we cah even beat the weakest teams in the region :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
Pleaseeee, give the boys some credit, the group was even. antigua and barbuda ain't no sh!t team bro, they almost beat the USA in antigua and had it not been for ah very last minute goal guatemala would have went through instead of the USA.

like allyuh eh see we went with ah C team or what? yuh can't even call this a B team bc most of our better players are injured. the guys did their best, and we finally made it to a gold cup and to add injury, we did it on with ah broken wing, allyuh recognize nah man, after all we're in our rebuilding stage, allyuh have patience nah.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:17:20 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
Pleaseeee, give the boys some credit, the group was even. antigua and barbuda ain't no sh!t team bro, they almost beat the USA in antigua and had it not been for ah very last minute goal guatemala would have went through instead of the USA.

like allyuh eh see we went with ah C team or what? yuh can't even call this a B team bc most of our better players are injured. the guys did their best, and we finally made it to a gold cup and to add injury, we did it on with ah broken wing, allyuh recognize nah man, after all we're in our rebuilding stage, allyuh have patience nah.

Good point. I admit that I blasted the boys not realizing their current state. We got a gift.. Now we can take advantage of the rebuilding state. This tournament will really put things into perspective for us.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »
Did anyone happent to catch Mex at the Olympics? OMG they are a formidable unit and I am interested to see what will happen if we meet

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »
I believe

1]; } ?>