March 28, 2024, 01:48:58 PM

Author Topic: 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 83049 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:37 AM »
Teams already qualified for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup:

Trinidad & Tobago - Qualified
Martinique - Qualified
Cuba - Qualified
Haiti - Qualified
United States - Host
Canada - Automatic
Mexico - Automatic

Awaiting the Central American zone which is qualified through the 2013 Copa Centroamericana and gets 5 spots.

The 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup will be the 12th edition of the CONCACAF Gold Cup competition and 22nd CONCACAF regional championship overall in CONCACAF's fifty years of existence. The United States will be the host nation. The competition is scheduled to begin on July 7, 2013 and the final will take place on July 28, 2013.

Since the formation of the Gold Cup in 1991, the CONCACAF Championship has been won six times by Mexico, four times by the United States, and once by Canada.

Qualification

North American zone

Qualifies automatically, 3 teams.

Central American zone

qualifies from Copa Centroamericana, top 5 teams.

Caribbean zone

qualifies from Caribbean Cup, top 4 teams.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:55:29 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:56:42 AM »
Soca Warriors relieved to make Gold Cup.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

MIRACLE AT ARG

God loves everyone, despite the local saying that God is a Trini.

On Tuesday night, Trinidad and Tobago's senior national football team joint head coach Hutson Charles looked to God, expecting a miracle.

"We need ah miracle. We hoping that Haiti win the thing outright, so that it will not go down to goal-difference. We hoping that Haiti come out and play the football that they can play and win this group."

Just under two hours later, Charles and his footballers were celebrating Haiti's 1-0 triumph over the hosts Antigua-Barbuda, as if T&T had won the Caribbean Cup themselves.

T&T's 2-1 win over the Dominican Republic coupled with the Haiti result, qualified Trinidad and Tobago (four points) for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, and also put them through to the semi-finals of this tournament as Group A runners-up to Haiti (seven points).

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:42:26 AM »
I wonder if we'll get any UNCAF championship coverage here in the US.  I don't think I ever saw any of it.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 02:10:34 PM »
"We need ah miracle. We hoping that Haiti win the thing outright, so that it will not go down to goal-difference. We hoping that Haiti come out and play the football that they can play and win this group."
It wouldn't have come down to goal difference...how does he not know this?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »
It wouldn't have come down to goal difference...how does he not know this?
I was wondering the same thing... Maybe that's why we were outright attacking the last 10 mins of the DR game instead of just trying to hold on.

Offline gac

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »
Happy we qualified, but we need to look after the future of football. We need to look at professional youth players like Duane Muckette and Jomal Williams, and play them in friendlies we have organised against better teams than us to give them that much needed expirience.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 07:59:19 AM »
It is extremely important that T&T gets into every Caribbean Cup final 4. Playing in every GC should be viewed as an essential part of the International Development model. Simply because this competition is a Tournament format & allows for a series of international games against opposition that will always be part of WCQ.

Congratulations on Step 1.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
It is extremely important that T&T gets into every Caribbean Cup final 4. Playing in every GC should be viewed as an essential part of the International Development model. Simply because this competition is a Tournament format & allows for a series of international games against opposition that will always be part of WCQ.

Congratulations on Step 1.

Observer, this is a decent team and good defensively.  I want tos ee Seon Powers against the USA and Mexico....I think he has it in him, despite being stood up yesterday for the Martinique goal.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
Does anyone have any information as to the possible venues for these games? Have the venues been announced or finalized? My plans at this time is to drive to these games. What else to do when one is retired.
Anyone else plan on attending? Leh we start the link up.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »
Anyone could shed some light on how the draw is decided and what the possible groupings  may look like?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
I know they allowed 20 plus 3 keepers. But how many players yuh guys feel the TTFF will take to the Gold Cup?

:rotfl:

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
We have six months to do some serious planning and time to stop the old talk . Showboating won't get us anywhere. Let us harness resources at all levels and get the show on the road! This is a great opportunity to continue rebuilding since there must be positive vibes amongst the players !

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »
Could not agree more with the previous post. We have six months to prepare; somehow I am not convinced that effective preparation is how this organization works.

No convinced that you could instantly fill a team with foreign based players and expect a magical performance. We need the preparation; we need the quality players and we need the quality coaching.

I say fa..k to those players who on the advise of father, mother brother  , mother aunty uncle or whomever  trying to make up they mind on if they go play for we. Remember is bigger than the TTFF; yuh eh playing for them yuh playing for a nation , a people who care deeply about football, about national pride nd about what we are  capable of doing. In my humble opinion.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
I know they allowed 20 plus 3 keepers. But how many players yuh guys feel the TTFF will take to the Gold Cup?

:rotfl:

Am more interested in how they handle the Shabazz situation.  Hope its not via Skype like while he was with Guyana.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
Anyone could shed some light on how the draw is decided and what the possible groupings  may look like?
Most likely the L.A., Texas, and maybe Kansas City Venues.  Hopefully we'll get one down my way like Nashville, but they usually keep it in the west and then have the Championship in the Rose Bowl Stadium (70,000 + capacity)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 10:39:36 PM »
I wonder what kind of preparation would we be doing for this tournament? I hope it wouldn't be a free for all.. two weeks before the tournament with all kind a people from all across de globe. I hope that they could work with the local guys and build them up because those are the guys who will do it for us.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gold Cup 2013 Preparations and Meet up
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »
Well it is never to early to begin preparations.....if you fail to prepare then be prepared to fail. Having said that, does anyone know what the plans are for the team so far? Six months to go.....nine months to give birth so we have a shorter time to put out a formidable team. Do we have a six month plan or are we going to do the  same old .....jet some players in do ahurry up training and figue we good to go/

February -March: Any thoughts to setting up some camps abroad ( U.K.- Yorke, Latapy, Lawerence to conduct camps  & U.S.A.- Hart, Phillips Haynes to conduct camps) and invite as many potential eligible players who qualify to represent TnT? cheaper to send some coaches ( oops one coach may not be able to travel) than to bring down all the players. Have guest coaches  conduct these clinics.  Arrange Friendlies with  MLS pro league teams/ USFL teams etc.

April-May From these camps identify the best possible talent, then set up a series of camps in TnT ( one in Chagaramus- make it like an army compound- stress discipline and we going to do battle- ooops one coach may not be permitted to enter that camp).

The initial local camps under the tutelage of guest coaches like : Fenwick, Stuart Charles.

Then by May/June you up the series of international friendlies and intense training with the team coaches.

Just my humble opinion for those who should be planning.

P.S. Once the venues for the tournament has been finalized, I am planning on attending; anyone else planning on going?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:18:08 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Cup 2013 Preparations and Meet up
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 12:39:53 PM »
Just before logging on to the forum , was of simliar opinion as to what plans are actively being taken  relative to both the under17 world cup  qualifying tournament  in panama and senior teams preparation  for the upcoming gold cup in the U.S as well.?????..........lets hope for good measure that preaprations are set in motion quickly , matter of fact soon , and not wait for another series of quck fix preparation  ...... come on mr richard tim kee  lets get the ball rolling ....... whats the plans???? we want to know...... what the waiting for  ?????

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 03:27:24 PM »
P.S. Once the venues for the tournament has been finalized, I am planning on attending; anyone else planning on going?

If they're playing in Chicago (or Bridgeview) I'll be there.  If they are playing or in a group with another Caribbean side in the Midwest I'll consider going.  If they're playing/in a group with the US I may have to pass though as I can't bear to be around those USA "fans"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:30:07 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
Good topic bredda, right now dais all I does be wondering about. I hoping to hear some dramatic news dat we get ah new coach.

Chicago will do quite nicely for me, but ah eh lying, anywhere farther out? I waiting to see the team and coach, I not wasting meh time and money to go and watch we get embarrassed, I been down dat road before, I go watch it on TV.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »
Like I said what are we doing to get ready? Here is Canada's preparations to this time:

Canada names Miller interim head coach.
Concacaf.com.

OTTAWA - The Canadian Soccer Association announced Monday that Colin Miller has been appointed as its men's national team head coach on an interim basis for the January camp and matches.

The appointment will see Miller lead the Canadian side into its first camp of 2013, set to run January 19-30 in the United States, during which the team will face Denmark (January 26) and the U.S. (January 29) in a pair of friendly internationals.

"It has always been a privilege to represent Canada, as a player, team captain and coach, and I look forward to taking on the role of interim head coach for a second time," said Miller. "I am honored to have been selected by the Canadian Soccer Association, and thank FC Edmonton's organization, particularly owner Tom Fath, for its support in this process."

The 48-year-old served as Canada's assistant coach at the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup and as interim head coach in 2003 and 2004. He has recently been named head coach of the North American Soccer League's FC Edmonton.

Miller, who played the majority of his professional career with Scotland's Hamilton Academical, also represented Canada as on the field, making his national level debut at 18-years-old.

He wore the Canadian colors on numerous occasions, notably at the 1986 FIFA World Cup finals in Mexico, three CONCACAF/FIFA World Cup Qualifiers (1990, 1992-93, 1998) and three CONCACAF Gold Cups (1991, 1993, 1996). On October 13, 1996, he became the eighth footballer to reach 50 caps for Canada and was inducted to The Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame (Canada) in 2005.

Meanwhile, The Canadian Soccer Association announced on Thursday that its men's national team will face Japan in a friendly on March 22 at the Khalifa Stadium in Doha, Qatar.

The friendly will be Canada's third match of the 2013 season, following a pair of January fixtures against Denmark (January 26 in Tucson, Arizona) and the United States (January 29 in Houston, Texas).

The Canadians last squared off against Japan on May 31, 2001, at the FIFA Confederations Cup. The Japanese scored three second-half goals to win 3-0 in front of a crowd of 39,006 at the Niigata Stadium in Niigata, Japan.

The match will be part of Canada's continued preparations for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
As per norm,  a friendly announced  brap just so and people jumping up and down like it is part of the carnival fixture. Where are the  concrete plans for  player selection and camps? nah we go just be ok with hastily brining in some players for some practice session and see what happens?

By now you would think that our approach would show some serious intent and approach to the game. Accountability for success cyar be by flukes.

We spend more time bigging up la loga and this and that football form Europe and elsewhere rather than putting accountability standards and advocating downright for substantive change to how we do things. It may appear to be ad naseum but until we see these changes we must not let up on the powers to be.

The minister of Sport should  also be accountable for the erosion of standards for national programs which represent our nation. To fund sub standard practices is condoning the continuing saga of malpractice and incompetence throughout the development and advancement of our football.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:17:59 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
Friendly is not the issue. Anything is better than nothing. What I am concern about is preparation. What are the TTFF plans? Who is the coach. Is Shabazz and Charles still the coach(s)? Why can't we play Colombia and Ven. in friendlies?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »
I agree with yuh dey - dey could have all teh friendlies but what kinda preparations  will they serve? Is like not many others concern about this? One month before yuh go hear all the complaints and  see all the hurry up preparations STEUPS!!!! same sh..t different pile

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 07:32:07 PM »
Friendly is not the issue. Anything is better than nothing. What I am concern about is preparation. What are the TTFF plans? Who is the coach. Is Shabazz and Charles still the coach(s)? Why can't we play Colombia and Ven. in friendlies?

Call them and set up the games.  Those teams eh want to play us,,besides you paying them appearance fees?

SHabazz days HAVE ot be done..oh gosh.  He must be gone.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »

Call them and set up the games.  Those teams eh want to play us,,besides you paying them appearance fees?

SHabazz days HAVE ot be done..oh gosh.  He must be gone.
Chile just played Haiti in Chile, got them both a good look at their local-based players.  Maybe one of those sides would play T&T on a non-FIFA date as well to look at their local players.  I know I've said it before, but I can't imagine T&T letting Shabazz coach the team via Skype (or whatever way he would) at the Gold Cup.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
Massive victory for Belize today in the UNCAF Cup over Nicaragua.  Costa Rica and Guatemala are playing right now and any result other than a Guatemala win will see Belize qualify for their first Gold Cup.  If Guatemala win Belize could still qualify if they beat Panama in the playoff.

EDIT: Belize are through
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:04:15 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
Proposed friendly in two weeks and no  talk of training camps? the joke continues.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 12:33:07 PM »
GC venues:  Atlanta; Baltimore; Denver; Hartford, Conn.; Houston; Miami; Portland, Ore.; and Salt Lake City.

The tournament returns to five venues in Arlington, Texas; Chicago; Pasadena, Calif.; Harrison, N.J.; and Seattle.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »
GC venues:  Atlanta; Baltimore; Denver; Hartford, Conn.; Houston; Miami; Portland, Ore.; and Salt Lake City.

The tournament returns to five venues in Arlington, Texas; Chicago; Pasadena, Calif.; Harrison, N.J.; and Seattle.

Atlanta – Georgia Dome (Atlanta, GA)
Baltimore – M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, MD)
Chicago – Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)
Dallas – Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, TX)
Denver – Sports Authority Field at Mile High (Denver, CO)
Hartford – Rentschler Field (East Hartford, CT)
Houston – BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, TX)
Los Angeles – Rose Bowl (Pasadena, CA)
Miami – Sun Life Stadium (Miami Gardens, FL)
New York – Red Bull Arena (Harrison, NJ)
Portland – Jeld-Wen Field (Portland, OR)
Salt Lake City – Rio Tinto Stadium (Sandy, UT)
Seattle – CenturyLink Field (Seattle, WA)

Hope we get some decent matches here

1]; } ?>