March 28, 2024, 08:44:47 AM

Author Topic: 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 83044 times)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Cup Squad
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2013, 08:35:25 AM »
I want and I think the fans NEED an explanation on why Guerra is absent as well as Hector.. I know Hector was injured for the last 2 match days in June so maybe he has not recovered but the Guerra absence is puzzling.

He's been part of the T&T squad for over a year and now a pro footballer and only getting better

Gutted for him... no way Hart could have decided on his character without knowing him as Hart is fair and would give anyone the chance

so If he was left out due to a fall out that means the old staff have brought word ie Charles and King which is what I was worried about in the first place with them coming into the new set up

That old staff of Shabazz Charles and King had way too many bust ups with players.. Peltier Hyland etc..

I really hope Guerra is injured so this doesnt become some big fiasco because talent wise he is one of the best we have and a true weapon on the field

The information I have is that Guerra's absence is due to visa problems, not for footballing reasons.

You would think after December when we qualified Wallace and Muhammed would have done everything possible to get the kid a VISA

Good job shithongs !!

Gutted for Guerra... absolutely Gutted... and he is also one of best attacking players and game changers

Hughtun Hector is another one that hurts... I know he missed the 2 matchdays injured so I reckon he isnt fit or maybe it was the incident where his contract with his club ensured he stay with them and miss the Gold Cup... its all foggy... Why cant people get answers ??

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2013, 09:01:17 AM »
So now that Theobald is captain he go be sure pick, so either Boucaud or Hyland go bench.

That terrible.

Boucaud is we best midfielder, he is pure heart and soul and that is what T&T needs.

Its always good to make de keeper we captain, he sees the whole game better.

Guerra have visa problems, steups, boy, de TTFA moving like de TTFF.

Six months ago we know we going Gold Cup....

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:04:14 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2013, 09:20:21 AM »
just cool,  read my report again, Abu Bakr is not bad, his pace though... hhmmm; Central American teams will destroy him.

I was just saying that he's ah back generator, lord knows i wouldn't want him in the starting line up.     :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »
Jan Williams should be captain.

Carlos should be vice captain.

Theobald should be third captain.

Our left side defence is weak, teams will kills us once they figure that out. Carlos is a better right back than Hoyte, Hoyte does make lil mistakes in de back.

Gay and Jones have same style, so they cant start together.

Molino, Roberts and Carter could play striker to, SH need to be creative and not waste to much time with Jones and Gay if they not scoring.

Roberts and Abu Bakr is two waste of pick. We shoulda go with Hughtun Hector and Kern Cupid and if Hector not fit then go with Guerra. Roberts does run up and down de field and do nothing.... de ground balls will kill Abu Bakr.....

Williams
Jones
Mitchell
Power
Edwards
Daniel
Boucaud
Hyland
Hoyte
Glen
Jones

Sam, the man is being played out of position, the fella is ah pocher, not ah winger.

i believe if they gonna play him then he should be right behind the forwards in the same capicity they used guerra in the romania and estonia game. who knows, maybe he was a replacement for guerra, ah surely hope so.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »
but de squad good man could ah been stronger wit bateau peliter hector primus and j. samuels  small ting man  :wavetowel: lets go trinidad
And Tobago!!

wham, like yuh want brown sugar ride fuh yuh ah wah??  ;D

Offline Forever Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »
Seriously??? Guerra's omission is because of visa problems...  :bs: Steups... that should have been sorted out months ago
"Empty Vessels make the most noise"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2013, 09:52:13 AM »
Steups... Allyuh don't know what the visa issues are at the moment. It could be anything. jeez
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »
That is not we besss squad. . .

I doh like that squad at all.

And when will we learn that KJ wasting we time. . .steups

What are we afraid of? Why can't we develop Cornell Glenn type forwards and play we football. . .KJ as target man ISN'T working how how many times we have to play him in that role to find that out. . .Are we serious. . . :cursing:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »

What are we afraid of? Why can't we develop Cornell Glenn type forwards and play we football. . .KJ as target man ISN'T working how how many times we have to play him in that role to find that out. . .Are we serious. . . :cursing:
Breds, who do you suggest??

the last time we scored from open play was against dominican rep in the degicel cup. after that we went on a goal drought. 

the first peru game was KJ's last game in national colors, and before that he scored in successive games twice against guyana home and away, the game before that he had two assist, and he scored against bermuda, so KJ scored 3 goals and two assist in his last five starts, weh more yuh want, blood??

we used all our alternate forwards and they all failed to get on the board. jamal gay and willis plaza got on the board, but against week opposition, st kitts , french guiana and of all teams anguilla (the tahiti of the region).

we had two goals from open play in the degicel cup, one from richard roy, and one from molino. since then we played 6 friendlies and scored zilch!! so we exhausted all our options up front and to no avail.  so why not give the only goal scoring threat ah shot. i believe jones will shine in the gold cup, watch!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:45:32 PM by just cool »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2013, 11:39:15 AM »
JC ah know yuh asking a fair question, but the target man ting eh working. That is not our strength.

Well we will see if he will shine in the GC.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »
lets go Warriors...
He Is Highly

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »
Too bad about Hector, he's been good in Vietnam.  And I hope that the coach provides Peltier with a pathway back onto the team.  "Disciplinary" exclusion for something small doh have to require a complicated fix. 
Guerra's visa problems could require more than time to sort out but I hope he gets through.

All in all I look forward to seeing this team compete.  New coach, big tournament, things to look forward to.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »
Among those missing the cut are W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon and Defence Force striker Devorn Jorslyn. But England-based Kenwyne Jones, Chris Birchall, Andre Boucard and Justin Hoyte have all gotten the nod. Other players not considered for several reasons, including injury, were Hughton Hector, Kevin Jagdeosingh, Lester Peltier, Willis Plaza, Ronald Primus and Leston Paul.

Who is dem players?  ;D

Hyland in Gold Cup squad
...Bateau blanked
By Ian Prescott (Express).

RACING GENT midfielder Khaleem Hyland

And is Genk not Gent

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2013, 01:03:06 PM »
Seriously??? Guerra's omission is because of visa problems...  :bs: Steups... that should have been sorted out months ago

I suspected that would have been the case..buh I rel vex he not there.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »
Hyland in Gold Cup squad
...Bateau blanked

Among those missing the cut are W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon and Defence Force striker Devorn Jorslyn. But England-based Kenwyne Jones, Chris Birchall, Andre Boucard and Justin Hoyte have all gotten the nod. Other players not considered for several reasons, including injury, were Hughton Hector, Kevin Jagdeosingh, Lester Peltier, Willis Plaza, Ronald Primus and Leston Paul.

Trinidad and Tobago Squad.

Goalkeepers: Jan-Michael Williams, Cleon John, Marvin Phillip.

Defenders: Carlyle Mitchell, Seon Power, Daneil Cyrus, Radanfar Abu Bakr, Joevin Jones, Curtis Gonzales, Aubrey David, Justin Hoyte.

Midfielders: Densill Theobald, Khaleem Hyland, Kevin Molino, Andre Boucard, Kevon Carter, Carlos Edwards, Christopher Birchall, Darryl Roberts, Keon Daniel.

Strikers: Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen, Jamal Gay.

That's only 15 players. They supposed to be going with 22 or 23 to the GC.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »
Hyland in Gold Cup squad
...Bateau blanked

Defenders: Carlyle Mitchell, Seon Power, Daneil Cyrus, Radanfar Abu Bakr, Joevin Jones, Curtis Gonzales, Aubrey David, Justin Hoyte.

Midfielders: Densill Theobald, Khaleem Hyland, Kevin Molino, Andre Boucard, Kevon Carter, Carlos Edwards, Christopher Birchall, Darryl Roberts, Keon Daniel.

VB

What de arse is this... VB cyah count yes allyuh!!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2013, 05:21:47 PM »
Hyland in Gold Cup squad
...Bateau blanked

VB

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Boy, I didn't see the Defenders. Oh Gaddooo ;D ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »
I would've listed CE as Def. Use him as they see fit and carry an extra mdflder.

Carlos half the time will prbly start in the back. And teamwise that is the best place for him to be.

VB

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »

hahaha ;D ;D
I pity the fool....

giggsy11

« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »
Hyland in Gold Cup squad
...Bateau blanked

VB

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
JC ah know yuh asking a fair question, but the target man ting eh working. That is not our strength.

Well we will see if he will shine in the GC.

maybe he won't play that...but out of curiosity, what do you consider our strengths ?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »

Who Knows, SH may play him (KJ) as a second striker.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:37:33 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »
So now that Theobald is captain he go be sure pick, so either Boucaud or Hyland go bench.

That terrible.

Boucaud is we best midfielder, he is pure heart and soul and that is what T&T needs.

that is one school of thinking, another one is the captain need to be ah outfielder since his role is to be the mediator with the ref on behalf of the team and that is hard for a keeper to do. 

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2013, 09:33:53 PM »
Hart aims for knock-out from Warriors (and explains team selection)
Wire868.com

New Trinidad and Tobago national coach Stephen Hart has set sights on a quarterfinal berth at the upcoming 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup as he officially announced his 23-man squad today at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

“The attitude of the players has been impressive,” Hart told the TTFA Media. “The objective was to select a balanced squad and one that may allow for flexibility in the manner in which we approach games.

“Collectively we need to remain focused on the process that will allow us to play effective football and help the country advance beyond the group phase. We are well aware of the challenges, none of these teams will be less than difficult opponents, but we will continue to prepare with a committed desire.”

The Warriors leave on Sunday for a training camp in Fort Lauderdale, which runs from June 30 to July 6. Trinidad and Tobago plays its opening Gold Cup group stage match on July 8 against El Salvador in New Jersey.

The 53-year old Hart hopes that success helps an awkward transition for the national team since he was selected to replace former joint head coaches, Hutson “Barber” Charles and Jamaal Shabazz.

“Fans don’t really care about when you come in as coach, they care about results,” said Hart. “But I spoke to the players and I would like us to concentrate on producing very good performance and the results will follow.

“The objective is the get into the quarter-finals, when you are in the knockout stages of a competition anything can happen.”

Continue
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:35:45 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2013, 05:27:54 AM »
but de squad good man could ah been stronger wit bateau peliter hector primus and j. samuels  small ting man  :wavetowel: lets go trinidad  T&T

Ah fix it for you..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2013, 06:42:25 AM »
From memory stretch i recall Hart favoring 5 in midfield with Canada, i just cant remember if it was a 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 system.

Based on the squad selection with only 3 out and out strikers it looks like 1 striker will play with 5 in midfield, is just a matter of which 5 will play

Theobald is the skipper and i feel once fit, Hyland and Daniel will start. That leaves 2 more slots. I personally prefer Carter for the foot speed. I think the technical ability of Boucaud will be good for the link up with the other midfielders but with him it means that Daniel has to play out left when he prefers to play more centrally. Otherwise you slot in Molino on the left leave out Boucaud and let Daniel stay central.

It's a nice little selection headache when you think of it. Throw in Guerra and Hector once available again and this is the kind of potential we have.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:55:18 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2013, 07:10:34 AM »
What Sheldon Phillips or David Muhammad doing that the TTFA allegedly failed to send a request letter in time to secure the services of Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen) while versatile 28-year-old midfielder Hughtun Hector was refused permission by Vietnam-based club Song Lam Nghe. The TTFA is not understood to be seeking FIFA sanctions against Song Lam Nghe for the snub. The TTFA blamed the failure to secure Guerra’s travel papers on his Finnish employer, RoPS, who supposedly reneged on a promise to handle the matter.

They relying on the club to do their jobs.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:14:46 AM by Sando »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2013, 07:44:26 AM »

That terrible.

that is one school of thinking, another one is the captain need to be ah outfielder since his role is to be the mediator with the ref on behalf of the team and that is hard for a keeper to do. 

Who tell u the Capt. is a sure pick?
Karl Heinz Ruminegger, every game of the 86 WC came off the bench.

VB

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »

That terrible.

Who tell u the Capt. is a sure pick?
Karl Heinz Ruminegger, every game of the 86 WC came off the bench.

VB

there are always exceptions but an exception is not the same as the norm.

wasnt rummenigge coming off an injury so he came of the the bench in the group stages?  Schumacher was the captain in the group stages but Rummenigge started all the 2nd round games and was the captain in those games.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 29, 2013, 10:32:35 AM »
Robert Primus scored twice today in Kazakhstan in a 2-0 victory for Aktobe, interesting that Abu Bakr is there but not him.

1]; } ?>