March 29, 2024, 01:45:35 AM

Author Topic: 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 83085 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #600 on: July 29, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »
Anybody could explain why that goal wasn't offside??

Ah know man tired have the offside argument here but Shea seem to me to clearly be offside. How could the linesman miss that? Maybe somebody offscreen was keeping him onside?? And nobody else talking 'bout it too..maybe I wrong....

It was offside oui. But what yuh can do? Once it was given, no changing the ref's mind. Plus US as usual get the home calls.

You cannot be offside if the person who plays it to you is ahead of you. End of story.  Man Utd fans eh  :banginghead:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 29, 2013, 04:12:01 PM »
Not sure why anybody thought it was an offsides goal.  Shea was behind 3 defenders when the ball was played into the box.  Begrudging congrats to the USMNT

What is this? What does this even mean? I real hate dis sh!t. I think it may be my ultimate pet peeve.

Offsides don't even make no sense. There's only one side a player can go off on.  :frustrated:  :cursing:

take it lite killa lol. 
Hahahahaha..yeah FF man lighten up dey, I was going and say 'offsides' in my post but ah done know (!!!) somebody woulda jump all over dat...thing is though I grow saying offsides, is it correct, probably not, but bet yuh bottom dollar if I will still say, 'man he was offsides man!!" no matter where ah is :)

On ah very-related note, I just start selling doubles in my neck ah de woods and put up ah lil sign with an explanation bout the history of "Doubles", think I going and be grammatically correct and start calling it "Double" instead of "Doubles"...heck no.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 29, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
dat goal woulda only be offside if donovan had touched the ball before dat imps, shea did...which, the linesman with his perfect vision, saw instantly  and unequivocally ::) that he didn't. Daiz one ah dem calls linesman woulda raise dy flag thinkin' donovan touch de ball but he didn't....he have eagle-eye (no pun intended) vision to have seen that donovan didn't touch it.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 29, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »
dat goal woulda only be offside if donovan had touched the ball before dat imps, shea did...which, the linesman with his perfect vision, saw instantly  and unequivocally ::) that he didn't. Daiz one ah dem calls linesman woulda raise dy flag thinkin' donovan touch de ball but he didn't....he have eagle-eye (no pun intended) vision to have seen that donovan didn't touch it.

Let's assume Donovan touched it; he and more importantly the ball were ahead of Shea.  How you gettin an offside out of that?  You can't be offside when you behind the ball when it was passed.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 29, 2013, 07:19:02 PM »
::)  ...the only trophy they'll ever get their hands on....especially since it's always on their home soil.

True dat!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 29, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »
Zeppo --- Who's that in the pic?  A 'Backstreet Boy'?

You mean the one awarded the Golden Ball for player of the tournament?

By the way, he scored more goals than the entire T&T team did in this competition!  8)

Wait...you mean he scored more goals on HIS OWN HOME SOIL???  WOW!!!!

Dude, with all the playing time and experience he has on his own home soil on one of de most HIGHLY FINANCED of the world's national teams, it's actually a rather huge disappointment that he couldn't score more goals.

I'm not a huge fan of hashtags, but I'll use one here on SWO:  #OverratedAndStillNotImpressed    ;)
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 29, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
Not sure why anybody thought it was an offsides goal.  Shea was behind 3 defenders when the ball was played into the box.  Begrudging congrats to the USMNT

Bredaman --- I hear yuh...but last time I checked, this website isn't the USMNT Fan site, eh.  This is the SOCA WARRIORS fan-site. 

In baseball, yuh ever hear of de Boston Red Sox fans congratulating New York Yankees on all their World Series wins??? 

ManU fans in England love to congratulate Chelsea or vice-versa???

Yuh ever see Real Madrid fans hugging and high-fiving Barca fans for dispensing cut-arse???

Anyhows, the USMNT could still haul dey arse.   ;D     

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:01:35 PM by OutsideMan »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 30, 2013, 02:46:13 AM »

Let's assume Donovan touched it; he and more importantly the ball were ahead of Shea.  How you gettin an offside out of that?  You can't be offside when you behind the ball when it was passed.

You're right, my bad....I was putting him ahead of donovan (AND the ball, of course) when the ball was at donovan's feet. Correck is right.  :beermug:

....so ah go look better and find somewhere else to apply meh hate.  :devil:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:49:14 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 30, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »

Bredaman --- I hear yuh...but last time I checked, this website isn't the USMNT Fan site, eh.  This is the SOCA WARRIORS fan-site. 

In baseball, yuh ever hear of de Boston Red Sox fans congratulating New York Yankees on all their World Series wins??? 

Yuh ever see Real Madrid fans hugging and high-fiving Barca fans for dispensing cut-arse???

Yuh notice de word begrudginng in fron right?  Daz like when somebody tell yuh wid all due respeck den proceed to fack yuh up.  I eh no US fan buh ah would be lyin if ah say daz not wey ah want to see we boys one day.  Hate dem or not dey zoom pass we an build ah program virtually from scratch while we finally rebounding.  So far TTFA goin good and ah hope dey continue and keep Hart fuh de long haul as he showing signs of being just as good as we expected.

Ah have no disagreement wid yuh lass line ahtawl!!  :beermug:

AYe FF OFFSIDES boi!!! :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 30, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »
Yuh notice de word begrudginng in fron right?  Daz like when somebody tell yuh wid all due respeck den proceed to fack yuh up.  I eh no US fan buh ah would be lyin if ah say daz not wey ah want to see we boys one day.  Hate dem or not dey zoom pass we an build ah program virtually from scratch while we finally rebounding.  So far TTFA goin good and ah hope dey continue and keep Hart fuh de long haul as he showing signs of being just as good as we expected.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

giggsy11

« Reply #610 on: July 30, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »
Anybody could explain why that goal wasn't offside??

Ah know man tired have the offside argument here but Shea seem to me to clearly be offside. How could the linesman miss that? Maybe somebody offscreen was keeping him onside?? And nobody else talking 'bout it too..maybe I wrong....

It was offside oui. But what yuh can do? Once it was given, no changing the ref's mind. Plus US as usual get the home calls.

You cannot be offside if the person who plays it to you is ahead of you. End of story.  Man Utd fans eh  :banginghead:

You are welcome. Glad ah can make yuh bang yuh head!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 30, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
Question..Is Donovan offsides because he made an attempt to get his foot to the ball,or is he not offsides because he did not make a connection

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 30, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
Question..Is Donovan offsides because he made an attempt to get his foot to the ball,or is he not offsides because he did not make a connection

Neither. Donovan is not offsides because at the time the ball was played forward there were at least 2 defenders between him and the goal line.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »

Neither. Donovan is not offsides because at the time the ball was played forward there were at least 2 defenders between him and the goal line.

At least somebody know de rules  :beermug:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 30, 2013, 06:40:10 PM »

At least somebody know de rules  :beermug:
Me eh know nah but like me and Mose have the same kinda Made-In-The-Good-Ole-USA TV because even a cursory glance at de replay shows, neither Donovan nor the imps (Shea :)) was offisides ( :)) when the ball was played, matter of fact Beasley was ahead of them both.

And lord have mercy but at this stage in de game peeps have to reminded that you can't be offsides if the person playing de ball is ahead of you?!?!? But is how long we watching-and playing-football?!?!?!

Anyway so what's next...oh yeah qualify for the 2014 WC with bout 6 games to spare...CHECK!!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

giggsy11

« Reply #615 on: July 30, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »
Hard luck to Staurt Holden, who busted his ACL during the match. This will be his 3rd serious injury in the last 2-3 years. Know it can't be easy fighting that fight over and over again.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 31, 2013, 05:41:58 AM »
Hard luck to Staurt Holden, who busted his ACL during the match. This will be his 3rd serious injury in the last 2-3 years. Know it can't be easy fighting that fight over and over again.

...same process (not necessarily the same injury, I can't remember) that ended Kona Hislop's football career. He woulda be something else.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 31, 2013, 08:11:47 AM »

Ah feel yuh! 

But, I just doh even want to be a good sportsman and congratulate de arseholes begrudgingly.  ;D    :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #618 on: October 22, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
FIFA bans 3 El Salvador players
October 22, 2013
By Associated Press

ZURICH -- FIFA has imposed worldwide bans on three more El Salvador national team players in a match-fixing case, bringing the total to 19.

The players were not identified. FIFA says one player was banned for five years by the El Salvador soccer association this month. Another player was suspended for one year and the third for six months.

FIFA announced 16 global sanctions, including 14 lifetime bans, last week.

The case involves international matches, including El Salvador's 5-0 loss to Mexico at the 2011 Gold Cup and a 2-1 loss in an exhibition against the United States in 2010. Under-20 national team matches were also involved.

El Salvador authorities shut down the senior national team during their investigation.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 22, 2013, 04:08:21 PM »
not nice!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2020, 06:40:44 PM »
Kind of old, just saw this tho.

Trinidad & Tobago v Mexico - Two Guys One Cup

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>