April 17, 2024, 11:59:33 PM

Author Topic: T&T shoots their way into Caribbean Cup final.  (Read 5864 times)

truetrini

Re: T&T shoots their way into Caribbean Cup final.
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »
its by sheer luck the team make the semi in the 1st place

careful tt don't bring home 2nd place.. tt football not getting a bligh from me and many others i know for a while until they prove they are worth supporting again

Controversial the players and staff should be supported. The perceived ills of the football are the making of poor Administration and other outside factors, throughout T&T's football web. This being said the players and the staff are giving of their best, suffering through these conditions. Support the shirt. But continue to Fight the cancer.

Personally, until I see otherwise, I think Tim Kee is a breath of fresh air compared to what we had before.

The man needs time to clean house..so I am prepared to give him that time..if he fails is level wood.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »
There is so much hypocrites on this site it eh funny...

If de team play shit, they play shit, we have de right to we opinion.

When they play good, they play good.

And this was they best game,,, before this they play shit !!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in de final.

Sam if yuh referring to me then you on real sh!t bc i following this caribbean cup since we got booted out the WCQ.

i was always real about our local talent and didn't hold my mouth on their level, and i ain't ashame to say that they are below par, and if we were to go to the gold cup with these same yutes without any re-enforcements we will be demolished.

apart from that i am a huge supporter of this team, and while others were dogging them bc they didn't live up to their enormous expectations, i went and made a post after the antigua game saying that we should not blame the players in the least, bc from what i saw, they gave their all and left every thing on the pitch.

i for one don't care if we win this tournament, i'm just glad that we had the opportunity to play ball on ah regular and give the ytutes some experience, im also happy that we got to be in the gold cup after such a long lay off, football is back once again and i'm happy for that , win lose or draw.

BTW, if you were not referring to me then disregard this post.  ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
There is something evident with this team.  And that is they are a TEAM!   They play for each other and want to do well.  Even if the performances are far from stellar, to me, IMHO, they leave it all on the field.

Cyrus is very popular and Bleeder and Jan always chatting with the players encouraging them etc.

Molino doh like to lose, or be on the bench, he go grouse, but once he hits the field is non stop fight and determination.

Guerra is a real motivated fella and he wants to score every time he touches the ball.

Defensively we are not bleeding goals or giving up early goals as we used to do.

Seon Power has improved leaps and bounds, I remember when he was a forum goat.  Not freaking now!   Heart, determination and fight!

This team may not have the talent of past teams, but they have an espirit de corp. dey feel they can compete with Spain if they come on the field, they want to do well, and they like each other.

TEAM Trinidad...when last we had that?
TT i agree with you, but i think what you are seeing is a direct result of the coaching staff.

you would be surprised to see that big players will get ah big name coach and still bum , then turn around and play well for an interim who have far less knowledge than the big coach, and why you think that iz?

IMO there are coaches and there are coaches who know how to get in players heads, i think charles is one of the talisman coaches who knows how to motivate players and get in their heads.

look @ latas for instance, latas had ah better team in the last gold cup with way weaker opponents, and failed to make it, that's bc he had favorites and it showed, i remember there was ah riff where latas and all the foreign based were in first class while the local boys was cramped up in coach, and this does not go hand in hand with team spirit!

i believe charles have the science of coaching down to ah tee, and this is IMO the main ingredient as far as coaching or even teaching goes.

coaching is not about some big name coach who knowledge is off the charts, but a coach who could make players feel like gold, and take them by the hand and teach them what they know, coaches who are interested in players lives, coaches who befriends them in ah big brother or uncle like way,

this is what brings cohesion to a team and makes the players form ah bond that would make them die for the cuase, this is what i believe happened with this team, and thank God glenn was booted from this team, good move baba.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »

careful tt don't bring home 2nd place.. tt football not getting a bligh from me and many others i know for a while until they prove they are worth supporting again
Stop being an arse friend!

if that logic holds true, then italy won the world cup in 2006 by sheer luck if you're to be believed!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:18:31 PM by just cool »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
This team continues to amaze me yes, I find our administration sets us up for failure time and again yet this team in particular has overcome all the adversity over the past months to reach the final.

I'm happy for the players and the coaching staff, they go out there and as the others have said, they leave it all on the field. They play for each other and to represent all of us as best they can and that alone is enough for me.

I think at this time it's best to leave alone the residual issues and focus on promoting as much good vibes as we can for the guys on Sunday to bring it home the trophy.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »
I waiting to hear from the Minister of Sport.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 07:30:29 AM »
sing it loud and sing it over and over

IT'S COMING HOME   IT'S COMING HOME
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 06:34:40 PM »
This team; these players and these coaches are to be congratulated for their achievements in this tournament. They exceeded expectations despite the adversity they faced.

At this time , they deserve nuff credit for accomplishments. I believe that the powers to be will understand that the next level will  be a greater challenge and will be more demanding on both players and coaches. Players will also understand that there maybe other players who more than likely will be  called upon to represent and that is the nature of growth and development as a professional.

Congratulations and best wishes in preparations for the next level of competition.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
I believe if this team had better preparation we could of won the whole thing. But they must be congratulated for getting us to the Gold Cup
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 04:16:25 AM »
I believe if this team had better preparation we could of won the whole thing. But they must be congratulated for getting us to the Gold Cup
Best thing said on this forum in the last few days.      :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 08:18:59 AM »

Yuh could say dat about many of our teams. Adequate preparation is not part of our football philosophy. Few of our teams have had it.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »

What would be considered "good" preperation ? Given that players either have to report to their overseas clubs or to their domestic clubs in between national team games, how would "good" preperation be accomodated? International football is a complex beast...its really the clubs who own the players, and their priories come first. The more organized countries play a game every FIFA window...i believe there are only about six windows per year...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 09:11:51 AM »

What would be considered "good" preperation ? Given that players either have to report to their overseas clubs or to their domestic clubs in between national team games, how would "good" preperation be accomodated? International football is a complex beast...its really the clubs who own the players, and their priories come first. The more organized countries play a game every FIFA window...i believe there are only about six windows per year...

of which we took advantage of none
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »

Controversial the players and staff should be supported. The perceived ills of the football are the making of poor Administration and other outside factors, throughout T&T's football web. This being said the players and the staff are giving of their best, suffering through these conditions. Support the shirt. But continue to Fight the cancer.

Personally, until I see otherwise, I think Tim Kee is a breath of fresh air compared to what we had before.

The man needs time to clean house..so I am prepared to give him that time..if he fails is level wood.

Ah see he was in Miami up to yesterday ...

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »

Ah see he was in Miami up to yesterday ...

Yuh have big eyes.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »
... and impeccable sources.

truetrini

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »
... and impeccable sources.

impeccable or impeachable?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »
waggonist here...good luck tnt....

make d country proud
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>