March 28, 2024, 02:34:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).  (Read 22575 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Cuba Caribbean Cup final game in Antigua (18:00) on the 16th of December 2012 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:
1. Chat Room.

Possible Online Streams.
1. Ustream
2. Caribbean Cup Antigua

Possible TV Station.
To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers
1.Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection), 21.Marvin Phillip (Central FC).

Defenders
5.Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), 2.Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), 20.Seon Power (North East Stars), 3.Joevin Jones (W Connection), 4.Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), 6.Kareem Moses (North East Stars), 17.Daneil Cyrus (Song Lam Nghe).

Midfielders
10.Kevin Molino (Unattached), 7.Hughtun Hector (W Connection - Injury), 12.Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava - Injury), 11.Kevon Carter (Defence Force), 16.Keyon Edwards (Caledonia AIA), 18.Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), 8.Ataullah Guerra (Caledonia AIA).

Forwards
14.Willis Plaza (Song Lam Nghe - Sick), 13.Richard Roy (Defence Force), 9.Devorn Jorsling (Defence Force), 15.Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA).

Cuba Squad

To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:58:59 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RE: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Cuba it is! I'm very excited by this match-up ... More to follow.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:59:12 PM by Flex »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 08:08:12 PM »
Didn't want to say it before but this is the birthday gift I wanted....What better to do on your birthday that watch TnT in the Finals !!!!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
went to the cuba game in tobago. pretty even game. they have some speedy/dangerous players on the right wing which gave us some beans!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
Let's bring home the cup lads...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »
My prediction.. Cuba 0-2 Trinidad.

On another note, this is probably the most competitive Caribbean cup in years. No teams got their a$$ kicked. And the previous champions never won a game. This tells us that the playing ground is becoming more leveled in the Caribbean. This is good for the region.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:37:17 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 09:52:22 AM »

On another note, this is probably the most competitive Caribbean cup in years. No teams got their a$$ kicked. And the previous champions never won a game. This tells us that the playing ground is becoming more leveled in the Caribbean. This is good for the region.

'Sunken' Warriors, 'Joker' Warriors, 'Choka' Warriors... At least 3 names you've called us over this campaign. Doh come predicting sh!t now! Waggonist!  :bs:

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »

'Sunken' Warriors, 'Joker' Warriors, 'Choka' Warriors... At least 3 names you've called us over this campaign. Doh come predicting sh!t now! Waggonist!  :bs:
Spot on!!!! Dis fella is Senor Wagonist, was waiting for him to jump back on with he  :bs:

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »
Hahahaha, man get make out yes.....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »
Lol..
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »
During the coverage last night, they mentioned a change in the game time tomorrow. Does anyone know what that new time is?
Live large and prosper!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »

Hahahahahhaha!!!!

Alllyuh go easy on him, he will learn:)

Does anyone know de radio station dat carrying de game, or know anybody in Antigua who could let de radio station know to call Guerra, Guerra?!?!

It might seem petty eh, but dat does rel rel get to meh jed, it does make meh wonder what kinda cyat yuh ha to be to mispronounce Guerra-unless de teamsheet dem say Guerrera (hardly likely right).

Any help would be appreciated:)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 06:58:26 PM »

Hahahahahhaha!!!!

Alllyuh go easy on him, he will learn:)

Does anyone know de radio station dat carrying de game, or know anybody in Antigua who could let de radio station know to call Guerra, Guerra?!?!

It might seem petty eh, but dat does rel rel get to meh jed, it does make meh wonder what kinda cyat yuh ha to be to mispronounce Guerra-unless de teamsheet dem say Guerrera (hardly likely right).

Any help would be appreciated:)

He team sheet must be wrong for his sake
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 07:11:04 PM »
Team sheet eh wrong.   Man is ah dunce.

Anyway ths game against Cuba is going to be tough.  Team did not train today...men are tired and remember we have a depleted team with a few players carrying little knocks.

Win or lose tomorrow we exceeded expectations....there are FEW of us here who truly believed from the jump we could do this.

Knowing the vibe of this team, I expect them to do their best and never say die.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »

Yeah call it what you want.. Check my posts. I knocked the hell out of them I admit. But thats what fans do all the time. I was still backing them while knocking them. My comments were about the first game and second. And yes they did play like joker warriors in those two games. Nuff said.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »

Some assessments about the state of play in the region need to be tempered. Several of them on this forum have been too exuberant or generalized.

Jamaica's situation is the product of transition, experimentation and having used a cadre of players that - under any sensible assessment - could never constitute its best XI. Here's a squad that featured Bibi Gardner and Alvas Powell ... two absolute extremes. The players have taken responsibility, but a tactical issue is evident. I would be surprised if Burrell doesn't correct it upon the fndings by MacIntosh (Chair, JFF Technical and Development Comm.) being presented to him.

I don't share the sentiment that French Guiana is a squad to be feared. I find them fairly rudimentary. Similarly Suriname and the Netherlands Antilles. Guadeloupe fuh me is "better" than Martinique generally. While les martiniquais have a couple players who could hang, a foreign-based or local-based Martinique is way in the wilderness for a place that is French soil. We romanticize their level more than is reasonable.

Cuba is arguably slightly more cohesive than I saw of them in '07, '08 and '09. As I said before, although affected by defections, its improvement has been steady. Frankly, I feel with a philosophical change (playing and politically) Cuba could be deadly. They have improved, but it hasn't been overnight like folks with short memories seem to be insinuating.

The Dominican Republic played fluid ball this tourney, yet their national football development project is not sophisticated. It's left to be seen how this eventually translates to the junior national teams there. I think the key for them will be expanding linkages with Panamanian and Costa Rican clubs.  another thing would be to improve their scouting locally because there are youths in the outer bands not getting too tough of a look.

Unquestionably, Antigua has narrowed the gap. We all know why. But, the question that also has to be resolved with any proper assessment of Antigua is what happens after the elders retire (Byers isn't the only ole foot on that squad ... reminds me of the Bajans leaning on Norman Forde and the cohort of Notre Dame players late in the day, although maybe not that extreme.

Haiti underperformed during this tournament ... of the Creole and Francophone speaking competitors, there is more going on here than in FG or Guadeloupe or Martinique ... the issue is harnessing that rawness.

Collectively, as a region, we have many football miles to trod. Right now we're a half-assed feeder for MLS teams.

Trinidad & Tobago could have created an institutional gap post 2006 that would have REALLY created distance between us and the region, but we did not. Sadly, we were better positioned to do so than Jamaica was post-1998. 

We'll make a tangible breakthrough when we start placing players in the Mexican league consistently as their "jump" professional experience prior to moving to Europe.   

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors vie for ninth Caribbean Cup title today.
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 06:08:27 AM »
Warriors vie for ninth Caribbean Cup title today.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T’s senior footballers will be aiming for its ninth Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Caribbean Cup trophy today, when the Soca Warriors come up against familiar opposition in Cuba, at the Antigua Recreation Ground, from 5 pm.

Apart from pride, a much need top prize purse of US$100,000 is at stake. T&T heads into the match confident after improving from an indifferent group stage performance, where it scraped through with four points via a win, a draw and a loss, all against traditionally weaker opponents. The Warriors then came from behind in the semifinal against Martinique to take a spot kick win (5-4) after both teams finished level at 1-1.

T&T’s custodian Jan-Michael Williams was the hero on the night, making several reflex saves late in the regulation time and then the penalty shoot out, when he saved Martinique’s fifth and final attempt from the highly-rated England based forward Frederic Piquionne, before Atuallah Guerra scored to send T&T through to the final.

Cuba, playing in the second match of a semifinal double-header at the Antigua Recreation Ground, on Friday night, defeated Haiti 1-0. Today’s venue for the final was originally the much more appropriate Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, but moved to the Antigua Recreation Ground, which has thus far seen several teams struggle to adapt to what appears to be an arid, hard, and uneven surface.

Read More

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:10:43 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 07:27:12 AM »
sing it loud and sing it over and over

IT'S COMING HOME   IT'S COMING HOME
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
Remember this is far from Cuba's best also, as they have been plagued by many defections,

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
Seeking confirmation of the kick off time please ...

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »
3rd place game starting now  then at 4 pm est game starts

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
Just curious. have any of the live links worked so far in this tournament?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »
Just curious. have any of the live links worked so far in this tournament?

VB

Never mind. watching live now.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
 :praying:
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
we winning in white today!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »
so you mean to tell me that between the Govt, Corporate TT and TTFF ..they could not get the final match live for the people today ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »
These announcers are absolutely the worse.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »
I waiting to see if after all dis talk bout name pronunciation by dese two clown, ah waiting to see if dey mis-pronounce Guerra later.

I seriously feel I might watch de game without audio yes:(
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »
I hadda make ah airport run :cursing:

Hopefully I'm back by halftime...leave everything on de field today fellas

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
dat commentary is dreadful....lawd :yellowcard:
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>