March 28, 2024, 05:53:31 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).  (Read 22580 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
How the hell did Jan not save that?

Exactly!!! That wasn't no great goal. Just bad goalkeeping.

VB

Jan has done well. He saved the point blank earlier. Leh we keep things in perspective. The recovering defending player made a poor attempt to disrupt the goalscorer. It should never have come down to that shot gehhin orf.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »
Congrats Cuba... The better team won!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »
Congratulations to Cuba! Farewell co-head project. I think it's a fitting time to say adios.

To the players: Thanks for the ride to the finals and for bringing prize money to the table  :applause: :applause: :applause: I hope you guys geh fix nice $$$.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:41:20 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
congrats cuba, hard luck t&t. allyuh cubans dead in the gold cup!!!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2012, 05:36:22 PM »
Hard luck fellas.  Let's take things in stride and build on this onto GC 13.  Press on
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »
Hard luck T&T  :applause: :applause: :applause: 
Congrats to Cuba.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
Jan prolly saw that late ... buh the real travesty iz the space in the mid that allowed that chance.

What Happen Sun in his eyes??    We heard that one before   
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »
Congrats T&T on a gritty, determined tournament performance!  :applause:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2012, 05:38:40 PM »
well done lads. I will take a fighting performance like this any day.  :beermug: plenty to work on but thanks for giving the fans hope again.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »
People, I need the number of a psychologist.....

Does T&T have Caribbean Cup Finals jinx or something?

Haiti in 2007, and now this?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »
cuba scores unexpectedly 1-0

What is it with goals around the center circle and keeper errors with our football

I can't say the lead wasn't deserved though

Your memory fading USA goal was not near the center circle
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »

shit does happen ......we did good considering
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »
Good the TTFF have money now. Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »
You're right, it wasn't. I probably was bamboozled by the same keeper error.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2012, 05:43:14 PM »
now lets spend some $$$ on our talented U-17 team, they have CONCACAF chmpionship and a world cup to train for.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2012, 05:43:55 PM »
that was the biggest waste off time in my life watch football watching paint dry was better thatn that passing is our biggest down fall
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »

True. In a way, it's a good thing they lost. Because that brand of football should not be rewarded with a trophy. They have some work to do. This two coach experiment has to be done away with immediately. It may have seemed to work, but I can't see it working against stronger opposition.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
I'm glad we lose, not bc i'm being facetious, but bc it would have given us a false sense of security, our local league needs a lot of work and mending, and the federation needs to do more, and what we came to accomplish was done, we're in the gold cup, now we need to gsolid coach and our best players on board for the gold cup.

IMO pound for pound with our best squad, we are way better than cuba, we played them with a depleted squad and they had their best players so with that said, it's enough consolation for me.

the part that i hate about this is that cuba won, and allyuh dun know how i feel bout them spanish boys, they does kill the game with all kinda fackry, we've been able to play every match with out the bullsh!t except this one, hate those spicks wid ah passion! i would have rather that haiti won it again rather than these cuban pork eatin arseholes!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
It may have seemed to work, but I can't see it working against stronger opposition.

I tink Charles should stay d two........
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
cuba scores unexpectedly 1-0

What is it with goals around the center circle and keeper errors with our football

I can't say the lead wasn't deserved though

i think the two teams were evenly matched, and that is being favourable to cuba. we probably had slightly more posession but less penetration, imo. suffice it to say had peltier and hector been playing our chances may have been better.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »
The Guys did well . Luck seemed to be on our side too but that's OK. We have a lot of work to do though to look like a more cohesive team. Cuba looked the part and deserved to win! Felicitaciones Cuba!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »
that was the biggest waste off time in my life watch football watching paint dry was better than that passing is our biggest down fall
It's not the players fault bally, it was the coaches who had ah warped strategy of lumping the ball to the forwards.

i would think after an hour of little success with that bonehead strategy that they would revert to running the ball in the box, but they stuck with that bullshit for 120 mins, not the players fault in the least
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »
It may have seemed to work, but I can't see it working against stronger opposition.

I tink Charles should stay d two........

Lefty we need ah new coach and four new forwards! there is no way that we could use gay and jorslin anymore, and our coaches are limited, we need ah serious tactician as head coach, maybe charles could stay on as an assistant.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

True. In a way, it's a good thing they lost. Because that brand of football should not be rewarded with a trophy. They have some work to do. This two coach experiment has to be done away with immediately. It may have seemed to work, but I can't see it working against stronger opposition.

Now some people might fire yuh up for saying that eh, but breds I totally agree wid yuh.

Please get us ah good coach (foreign!!!!) so we don't end up going and embarrassing weself in de GC....and nobody here could say dat Shabazz and Charles ready, no matter if yuh is friend or foe, after watching dat madness, yuh have to know dem fellahs eh have ah clue.

I sure it have plenty men (and ah talking bout ballas and actual coaches eh) on dis site know in dey heart dey coulda do ah better job coaching dis team than dese fellahs just did?

Back to de drawing board I guess...
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
that was the biggest waste off time in my life watch football watching paint dry was better than that passing is our biggest down fall
It's not the players fault bally, it was the coaches who had ah warped strategy of lumping the ball to the forwards.

i would think after an hour of little success with that bonehead strategy that they would revert to running the ball in the box, but they stuck with that bullshit for 120 mins, not the players fault in the least

d pitch mighta be a factor but dey really needed to stop that after a while.........plus as usual we does ketch hell when we have no dynamic players on d field, in this instance, no Peltier and no Hector, dem woulda make d difference
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:58:19 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
I'm glad we lose, not bc i'm being facetious, but bc it would have given us a false sense of security, our local league needs a lot of work and mending, and the federation needs to do more, and what we came to accomplish was done, we're in the gold cup, now we need to gsolid coach and our best players on board for the gold cup.

IMO pound for pound with our best squad, we are way better than cuba, we played them with a depleted squad and they had their best players so with that said, it's enough consolation for me.

the part that i hate about this is that cuba won, and allyuh dun know how i feel bout them spanish boys, they does kill the game with all kinda fackry, we've been able to play every match with out the bullsh!t except this one, hate those spicks wid ah passion! i would have rather that haiti won it again rather than these cuban pork eatin arseholes!

Cuba is a new kid on the block ... yuh lumpin dem in and giving them credit fuh stuff dey ent do. Furthermore, today we were guilty of the same thing ... and I quite enjoyed it. Iz part of the game.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2012, 05:57:22 PM »

JC that 120 minutes X 2, plus de 3 group games, is not now dem fellahs doing dat, I guess dais we 'brand':)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »

Now some people might fire yuh up for saying that eh, but breds I totally agree wid yuh.

Please get us ah good coach (foreign!!!!) so we don't end up going and embarrassing weself in de GC....and nobody here could say dat Shabazz and Charles ready, no matter if yuh is friend or foe, after watching dat madness, yuh have to know dem fellahs eh have ah clue.

I sure it have plenty men (and ah talking bout ballas and actual coaches eh) on dis site know in dey heart dey coulda do ah better job coaching dis team than dese fellahs just did?

Agreed.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »
all in all we in a decent position. the world cup youth teams are now paying off with a young but strong defensive selection. the errors that occured today were mostly in the midfield, as eveident by the goal.

we have good young midfield talent but most of it was not here today, like leston paul, desilva, hyland, jomal williams, micah lewis and more from the U-23s. put that alongside molino and guerra and watch out. i have nutten to say bout keon daniel.

quality strikers is our main player personell shortage in the near future. jamal gay works hard but something not right. he cannot seem to consisterntly rise to the challenge in BIG games to this point.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »

Let me put it another way. The team that won the 1994 trophy woulda been scoring for fun if they had played against our team. They were that good. That team was one of the best performances that I have seen live by any of our national teams.

I am sure they would not have had a problem beating Cuba also.

Also, knowing our psyche as I do, those guys would have rested on their laurels and believe that this type of football is sufficient to win the regional trophy. They may have done well within their tactical limitations to advance to the final, but from what I saw tonight, they could not even get the basics of passing and holding posession right.

I could not see any of the matches before the semis due to computer problems and a hectic work schedule. However, this final shows there is a lot of work to do.

1]; } ?>