March 28, 2024, 12:22:11 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).  (Read 22588 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (16-Dec-2012).
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »
and we should not be playing 442 with two static strikers dey shoulda molino as d second striking option not joslin
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
that was the biggest waste off time in my life watch football watching paint dry was better than that passing is our biggest down fall
It's not the players fault bally, it was the coaches who had ah warped strategy of lumping the ball to the forwards.

i would think after an hour of little success with that bonehead strategy that they would revert to running the ball in the box, but they stuck with that bullshit for 120 mins, not the players fault in the least

JC that 120 minutes X 2, plus de 3 group games, is not now dem fellahs doing dat, I guess dais we 'brand':)
Weh fackin games you was watching bro?? this was the only game where i saw this continuity of lump ball after lump ball, by passing the midfield and voom kick to gay wasn't played in all our games, and i believe they got it wrong with gay, whom mind you should not even start, IMO roy should have been brought on for gay long time before throw away jorslin came on the field.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:59:15 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »
Ah fella say in another thread that our team was like Italy in 1982.

Look like is more like Argentina in 1990.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
I'm glad we lose, not bc i'm being facetious, but bc it would have given us a false sense of security, our local league needs a lot of work and mending, and the federation needs to do more, and what we came to accomplish was done, we're in the gold cup, now we need to gsolid coach and our best players on board for the gold cup.

IMO pound for pound with our best squad, we are way better than cuba, we played them with a depleted squad and they had their best players so with that said, it's enough consolation for me.

the part that i hate about this is that cuba won, and allyuh dun know how i feel bout them spanish boys, they does kill the game with all kinda fackry, we've been able to play every match with out the bullsh!t except this one, hate those spicks wid ah passion! i would have rather that haiti won it again rather than these cuban pork eatin arseholes!

Cuba is a new kid on the block ... yuh lumpin dem in and giving them credit fuh stuff dey ent do. Furthermore, today we were guilty of the same thing ... and I quite enjoyed it. Iz part of the game.
You blind or what?? dem spanish was acting up bro, all our players was doing was trying tuh play ball, and dem men was looking for get ppl send off.

i beg to differ, them spicks does do anything tuh win, classless bastards!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2012, 06:08:19 PM »
that was the biggest waste off time in my life watch football watching paint dry was better than that passing is our biggest down fall
It's not the players fault bally, it was the coaches who had ah warped strategy of lumping the ball to the forwards.

i would think after an hour of little success with that bonehead strategy that they would revert to running the ball in the box, but they stuck with that bullshit for 120 mins, not the players fault in the least

JC that 120 minutes X 2, plus de 3 group games, is not now dem fellahs doing dat, I guess dais we 'brand':)
Weh fackin games you was watching bro, this was the only game where i saw this continuity of lump ball after lump ball, by pass the midfield and voom kick to gay ws played in all our games, and i believe they got it wrong with gay, whom mind you should not even start, IMO roy should have been brought on for gay long time before throw away jorslin came on the field.

I actually agree with you. They looked more composed in the semi against Martinique. However, Martinique was a slower team and it seemed to suit our playing style better. Cuba, when it had the ball, always seemed a little faster and looked more fluent in attack, although it certainly was not anything special and made some terrible passes as the match went on. However, I don't know what went on in the final.

But say what. At least our team is in the Gold Cup and has a chance to get some match practice against the best in CONCACAF. I hope they get their tactical issues sorted out by then, or is nuff licks in they pweffen.

Donovan and company must be sallivating.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »
and we should not be playing 442 with two static strikers dey shoulda molino as d second striking option not joslin
Coaches got it wrong today bro, say what, that is football, yuh win some and yuh lose some. all in all, it was ah good experience, and a step up from the last time.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2012, 06:10:43 PM »
I'm glad we lose, not bc i'm being facetious, but bc it would have given us a false sense of security, our local league needs a lot of work and mending, and the federation needs to do more, and what we came to accomplish was done, we're in the gold cup, now we need to gsolid coach and our best players on board for the gold cup.

IMO pound for pound with our best squad, we are way better than cuba, we played them with a depleted squad and they had their best players so with that said, it's enough consolation for me.

the part that i hate about this is that cuba won, and allyuh dun know how i feel bout them spanish boys, they does kill the game with all kinda fackry, we've been able to play every match with out the bullsh!t except this one, hate those spicks wid ah passion! i would have rather that haiti won it again rather than these cuban pork eatin arseholes!

Cuba is a new kid on the block ... yuh lumpin dem in and giving them credit fuh stuff dey ent do. Furthermore, today we were guilty of the same thing ... and I quite enjoyed it. Iz part of the game.
You blind or what?? dem spanish was acting up bro, all our players was doing was trying tuh play ball, and dem men was looking for get ppl send off.

Easy with the racism borse. How yuh go like it one of dem fellas come and call yuh the N-word?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2012, 06:11:07 PM »

Weh fackin games you was watching bro, this was the only game where i saw this continuity of lump ball after lump ball, by pass the midfield and voom kick to gay ws played in all our games, and i believe they got it wrong with gay, whom mind you should not even start, IMO roy should have been brought on for gay long time before throw away jorslin came on the field.

I actually agree with you. They looked more composed in the semi against Martinique. However, Martinique was a slower team and it seemed to suit our playing style better. Cuba, when it had the ball, always seemed a little faster and looked more fluent in attack, although it certainly was not anything special and made some terrible passes as the match went on. However, I don't know what went on in the final.

But say what. At least our team is in the Gold Cup and has a chance to get some match practice against the best in CONCACAF. I hope they get their tactical issues sorted out by then, or is nuff licks in they pweffen.

Donovan and company must be sallivating.
WE definitely need ah good coach, and yeh, kenwyne and darrly as opposed to devon and jamal, what ah fackin waste!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »

Easy with the racism borse. How yuh go like it one of dem fellas come and call yuh the N-word?
they already do! 

relax breds, i have some hispanic roots, so it's OK.

i call my mudda ah halfa spick all the time, so who are they.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:14:07 PM by just cool »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
also with all d talk of guerra I doh find him d least bit as effective as hughton....some how he doh pull defends away as good..........
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »

One of our players was carded for diving. Yuh miss that?

I thought our players did really well winning an amazing # of free kicks ... some were gratuitous in that they were in situations in which we were not dangerous or threatening (hence unnecessary? ... aside from disrupting our rhythm) ... but we never capitalized on these situations ... the quality of the deliveries played in was poor, esp. from wide areas.

We also tried to steal yards by advancing the ball way past the point of the infractions ... and Cuban players were often alert (#20 was on it!) in pushing back the ball ... sometimes this led to verbal exchanges buh dahis 2 groups of players doing dey wuk. Ent?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2012, 06:18:02 PM »

they already do!

Fair enough. I know that there are racist Spanish-speaking people, but there are racist blacks too.

But this is a topic for another thread. As for the football, now that I have gotten over the disappointment, I can see that there is a good opportunity for our team to go forward. One thing our players have to learn is to speed up their decision-making processes on the ball. In the final today, it seemed like each player was taking an eternity to figure out where to make his next pass, and he ended up either losing posession or hoofing the ball up the field.

This has to change. The way Jamaica played against the USA in Kingston in the WCQ is a good match for our players to watch. The Jamaican players were very composed on the ball and did not even resort to hoofing the ball into touch in the last 15 minutes of the match when the USA were pressing for the equalizer.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »
People, I need the number of a psychologist.....

Does T&T have Caribbean Cup Finals jinx or something?

Haiti in 2007, and now this?
shit does happen ......we did good considering

True. In a way, it's a good thing they lost. Because that brand of football should not be rewarded with a trophy. They have some work to do. This two coach experiment has to be done away with immediately. It may have seemed to work, but I can't see it working against stronger opposition.

Now some people might fire yuh up for saying that eh, but breds I totally agree wid yuh.

Please get us ah good coach (foreign!!!!) so we don't end up going and embarrassing weself in de GC....and nobody here could say dat Shabazz and Charles ready, no matter if yuh is friend or foe, after watching dat madness, yuh have to know dem fellahs eh have ah clue.

I sure it have plenty men (and ah talking bout ballas and actual coaches eh) on dis site know in dey heart dey coulda do ah better job coaching dis team than dese fellahs just did?

Back to de drawing board I guess...

Or maybe it could have something to do with the thought of Jamaica's Reggae Boyz being knock out the Cup at the first round that affected the Soca Warriors. Just like in 2007 where T&T had a chance to put their hands on the Caribbean Cup for their 9th title.
Better luck in 2014. :thinking: .....Although the Reggae Boyz won't miss consecutive Gold Cups so it's hard to say when that 9th title will come.
jjbrown

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:49 PM »
ok..so ITS  NOT Coming home....

our football future lies in the hands of the TTFF and the next big decision they make...HIRE A FULL INTERNATIONAL COACHING STAFF
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
People, I need the number of a psychologist.....

Does T&T have Caribbean Cup Finals jinx or something?

Haiti in 2007, and now this?
shit does happen ......we did good considering

True. In a way, it's a good thing they lost. Because that brand of football should not be rewarded with a trophy. They have some work to do. This two coach experiment has to be done away with immediately. It may have seemed to work, but I can't see it working against stronger opposition.

Now some people might fire yuh up for saying that eh, but breds I totally agree wid yuh.

Please get us ah good coach (foreign!!!!) so we don't end up going and embarrassing weself in de GC....and nobody here could say dat Shabazz and Charles ready, no matter if yuh is friend or foe, after watching dat madness, yuh have to know dem fellahs eh have ah clue.

I sure it have plenty men (and ah talking bout ballas and actual coaches eh) on dis site know in dey heart dey coulda do ah better job coaching dis team than dese fellahs just did?

Back to de drawing board I guess...

Or maybe it could have something to do with the thought of Jamaica's Reggae Boyz being knock out the Cup at the first round that affected the Soca Warriors. Just like in 2007 where T&T had a chance to put their hands on the Caribbean Cup for their 9th title.
Better luck in 2014. :thinking: .....Although the Reggae Boyz won't miss consecutive Gold Cups so it's hard to say when that 9th title will come.

To be honest, this team was simply not good enough to win. I guess I am spoilt, because I grew up in the era of Yorke, Latapy, Nakhid, etc. and took it for granted that T&T was always going to be at or near the top of th Caribbean game. I have seen our team go toe to toe with the USA in the US, losing a match 3-2 in Gold Cup, so this is where I am coming from as a viewer.

Of course in that period, whatever reason, Jamaica still had a hold over T&T. If I may be permitted a tennis analogy, our team was the Roger Federer of the Caribbean and Jamaica was like Rafael Nadal. For those non-tenistas, Roger Federer is the stylist, everything he does looks effortless. Rafa is also very good, but is not as aesthetically pleasing, but is still quite talented. That is how I viewed Jamaica in those days.

But, I digress...

This team has a lot a work to do, and frankly speaking, a Gold Cup spot flatters us.

But, I will take it.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »
Congratulations to this team and to these coaches for having taken the team to this point. In my opinion, they exceeded the expectations of many and are deserving of praise. Having encountered adversity on many levels, they accomplished what some other teams were not able to do.

With  all guns blazing, I believe that this team were within grasp of BRINGING IT BACK HOME!!!! We know that at the next level this team may look different but for now, congratulations on  the accomplishments at this level.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

Weh fackin games you was watching bro?? this was the only game where i saw this continuity of lump ball after lump ball, by pass the midfield and voom kick to gay ws played in all our games, and i believe they got it wrong with gay, whom mind you should not even start, IMO roy should have been brought on for gay long time before throw away jorslin came on the field.

Settle yuhself horse, my bad ah guess ah wasn't watching de right games then, you right dis is de only game dat dey do dat:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »
TBH i am relieved that we didn't get knocked out in the early stages as we were getting accustomed to getting knocked out by everybody,this in a way have given our football some hope and its like a first step the bigger step is the GC,these coaches are not the ones to take us anywhere further,that long ball shit was atrocious and hard to look at.The only thing that we can say about what we achieved is this,if we can play that bad and get to the final who knows what we may achieve when we play good football.I can only see 3 or 4 players from this lot starting a game when we can get some of our overseas players,and they are Power,Molino,Theobald,Hector and GK Williams.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »

One of our players was carded for diving. Yuh miss that?

I thought our players did really well winning an amazing # of free kicks ... some were gratuitous in that they were in situations in which we were not dangerous or threatening (hence unnecessary? ... aside from disrupting our rhythm) ... but we never capitalized on these situations ... the quality of the deliveries played in was poor, esp. from wide areas.

We also tried to steal yards by advancing the ball way past the point of the infractions ... and Cuban players were often alert (#20 was on it!) in pushing back the ball ... sometimes this led to verbal exchanges buh dahis 2 groups of players doing dey wuk. Ent?
Every thing you mentioned happens with bigger professionals, and thank god our boy start learning all these little tricks, but since you were observing , how is it that you didn't observe when the cubans were hacking down our players every time we made ah break for it so they could defend in numbers as oppose to us slicing through their defenders, and to add insult, the ref was blind to all the push down, the climbing on the back.

as for stealing yards of the ball, have you noticed that the cubans was pushing our ball way back the the point of infractions every time?
 yeh , allyuh fellas like this fair play bullsh!t hence the reason why we sucked back in the days, we didn't learn how to foul professionally.

BTW, what's your excuse for the cubans wanting to fight with our boy every five mins?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »
TBH i am relieved that we didn't get knocked out in the early stages as we were getting accustomed to getting knocked out by everybody,this in a way have given our football some hope and its like a first step the bigger step is the GC,these coaches are not the ones to take us anywhere further,that long ball shit was atrocious and hard to look at.The only thing that we can say about what we achieved is this,if we can play that bad and get to the final who knows what we may achieve when we play good football.I can only see 3 or 4 players from this lot starting a game when we can get some of our overseas players,and they are Power,Molino,Theobald,Hector and GK Williams.

For me....  Power,Molino,Theobald, Joevin Jones, Hector, GK Williams, Marvin Phillip (we doh have a better back up keeper option) and Guerra (He needs games at a higher level to reach his potential...there is certainly more in him).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:58:20 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
Power for most improved
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2012, 11:18:10 PM »
Time of death: 08:02:28 PM

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2012, 01:08:56 AM »
@Firebrand yeah, Guerra needs a few more games to reach his peak. Supreme technical ability but it needs fine tuning and he could go far. He could do well with the same agent as Molino and Peltier to see if he can get a bligh in Slovakia

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2012, 04:00:26 AM »

For me....  Power,Molino,Theobald, Joevin Jones, Hector, GK Williams, Marvin Phillip (we doh have a better back up keeper option) and Guerra (He needs games at a higher level to reach his potential...there is certainly more in him).
Breds, aubrey david didn't put ah foot wrong in most the games he played, he has speed and could knock the ball around, daniel cyrus also has ah good knock and could defend with pace. doh count out bleeder neither, that man was the backbone of the midfield, yuh think beenhaaker wasn't on to something?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2012, 04:02:59 AM »

Yuhs ah kinda kakahole or what TI! it's almost ah yr now yuh sulkin like somebody owe yuh something, if yuh eh want tuh support the team then fine, ride the fack out! but doh come and dempen we spirit nah fella, it real disruptive, no lie.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »

Yuhs ah kinda kakahole or what TI! it's almost ah yr now yuh sulkin like somebody owe yuh something, if yuh eh want tuh support the team then fine, ride the fack out! but doh come and dempen we spirit nah fella, it real disruptive, no lie.

allyuh head in the clouds, ride out for what? I here from the beginning, your a newbie dan, so cool yuhself

from the time shabazz jump on board it was a joke

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Congratulations  to   skipper jan michael williams  and  the  entire  trinidad and tobago national  team  ,  keep on striving  for  further successes , stay healthy also  wishing all the players and staff a happy  holidays along with their families  thats i all wanna say , best wishes again ......

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
At least we make Gold Cup and have something to work towards next year!  :beermug:

Well done to the fellas on qualifying for Gold Cup but as we all know, plenty work to do from both a playing and administration standpoint.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »
All jokes aside,this shituation could be much worse
All respect due the Warriors
We all will love to have much more than was delivered because we have high expectations, considering how devisive our beautiful game had become,I view this as one small step in the right direction,we have a whole heap of work to do but to walk that mile it all starts with the first step
We qualified for the Gold Cup,so lets get there and make a whole heap of noise
Step by step
Warriors to the Bone.... :devil:

1]; } ?>