April 24, 2024, 12:29:57 PM

Author Topic: Yuh team is only as good as yuh keeper  (Read 3360 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yuh team is only as good as yuh keeper
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Jan Michael didn't make a mistake..the man demostrated that he can't handle the long range shots..I saw that he had problems with both long range efforts; he needs to work on that in training not technical training which entails shot blocking but tactical which increases the level of difficulty by adding the element of surprise.This man supposed to be a full professional. I have seen goal keeper errors made due to lapse in concentration,however this is not the case.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yuh team is only as good as yuh keeper
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »
So far no one has crucified Jan ... plz doh start.

I hoped he would have commented about it in the post-game with Fuentes, but he didn't. Even if you argue element of surprise, yuh have to credit him fuh being positioned well. It's really hard to say more without a comment from him or proper footage ... buh even so, I doh know that's productive. Tactically there was a gaping hole in the entire centre circle ... what does that tell you?

So yuh team is only as good as yuh keeper is a nice lil platitude buh it doh hold water other than as the/a last line of defense yuh want him to handle his stories. That goal wasn't only about Jan!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:22:00 PM by asylumseeker »

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
what de f**k some ah allyuh does want boy.  The DR keeper kept us in the tourney as did Jan with his numerous saves, and not just saves....Jan is probably the keeper witht eh biggest saves this ENTIRE tourney!

STEUPS.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
what de f**k some ah allyuh does want boy.  The DR keeper kept us in the tourney as did Jan with his numerous saves, and not just saves....Jan is probably the keeper witht eh biggest saves this ENTIRE tourney!

STEUPS.
Right you are TT! had it not been for jan we would not be in the final in the first place, with that said, for trini supporters you're only as good as your last performance. some trinis could be real hard arses!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
Coache ... puh on yuh seatbelt. :)

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »

If he is a coach he must be a coach bag.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Coache! put on yuh garter belt dem fellas around here eh have no okro iron yuh know..
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »
That kinda mistake so common it eh funny.  Just check England vs USA that world cup past.  To me it ain't worth the overhaul.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
There's a saying, that goes "a goalkeeper is only as good as his defence".....not sure if anyone critiquing JMW may haveever heard that saying before, but, without having seen the game, the highlights or his "error(s)" I can only ask of those that may have, if it applies in this case.  Did his defenders leave him susceptible? Daiz all I want to know.....ah hoping to see de highlights before further commenting.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 12:45:23 AM »
A goal keepers mistakes are more apparent than any other player on the field. There's no doubt that Jan made a mistake and a horrendous one at that but that was his first of the entire tournament. His positioning and handling was good and I thought his distribution was excellent throughout the tournament. We would not even have made it to the final were it not for his saves. He saved Martinique's last PK for instance.

I didn't read anything in the defence to indicate any lack of confidence in Jan either. The fact that he's the captain ahead of Densil says something about the trust that has been placed in him by the coaching staff and the respect he has in the camp.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 04:11:16 AM »
F#CK OFF  "coache"....JMW is a WARRIOR...a big one...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 04:13:15 AM »
right right right ..its a big mistake...right.... who the ass cant see that ???...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 04:27:52 AM »
He stopped all the saves .made one mistake and now he is a goat ? Stueps. Defense matters more if you ask me .
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 05:18:44 AM »
"  I build this house with my own hands..no one called me a house builder"

" I fix my car... no one called me a Mechanic "

" Ah F#CK ONE Goat "

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 07:00:03 AM »
As one who was extremely critical of Jan after the goal scored, I have to admit I was a bit harsh in my assessment. Now that I have had some time to cool down, I think that he was just caught by surprise and probably reacted to the shot a second too late, because he actually got to the ball, but underestimated the force of the shot, because he ended up pushing it into the goal.

I think our defence was caught by surprise also. I really think it was a desperation shot by the Cuban scorer, because Cuba probably did not want to risk a penalty shootout with us. Think about it. How many players would try a shot just a few metres outside of the centre circle in the opposing team's half? I hardly ever see it in all of the football matches I have seen.

I think what may have worked in the Cuban team's favour is that the ARG is a small ground, and that as such, he may have been closer to the goal than, say at big grounds such as Wembley or the Nou Camp.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 07:12:33 AM »

If he is a coach he must be a coach bag.

:rotfl:
:D
ent!! he's a curmudgeon but he still have a wicked sense of humor
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »
he does tend to punch ball that are hit straight at him that i would expect him to hold or pat down and hold. That I think this is because he is not confident in the balls that they are using with the swerve etc.

seems like he consciencously made a decision to punch away any hard shots to avoid any errors...
just an observation based on the high lights I have seen over the last few weeks...

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »
He showed great leadership ! I guess mistakes must happen for someone to win! Don't be so hard on him! Trinis always looking for someone to blame! Cut the man some slack!

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »
Jan was one of the main reasons we made it this far so hats off to him for finally solidifying his position in the TT goal.

HOWEVER his new tactic of punching the ball back into play ala Iker Cassilias...while more effective than parrying, can bring about errors of this kind from time to time. In WConn CCL game in Mexico he did the same thing...and punched a relatively easy shot onto the boot of a Mexican attacker for their opening goal. he sometimes punches when there is no need to, and this resulted in the goal conceeded. Him and Marvin are the best we have at the moment so there is really nowhere else we could turn so they both have to keep pushing each other...as they have been for 10 plus years now

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
It was a mistake, howler, blunder, gaffe, whatever yuh want tuh call it. Is not like he does be doing dem ting on ah regular. Ah sure yuh could take de top three keepers in de world and make ah highlight reel featuring dey bloopers. It happens.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »
Jan Michael didn't make a mistake..the man demostrated that he can't handle the long range shots..I saw that he had problems with both long range efforts; he needs to work on that in training not technical training which entails shot blocking but tactical which increases the level of difficulty by adding the element of surprise.This man supposed to be a full professional. I have seen goal keeper errors made due to lapse in concentration,however this is not the case.

I love dis forum too bad yes, and yes it takes all kinds, but some ah allyuh fellahs does make it too damn easy.

So hear nah he DIDN'T make ah mistake yuh say?

And because someday I want to get back into coaching, do tell how am I  going to achieve dis type of GK training, so ah could use it for my keepers?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
"  I build this house with my own hands..no one called me a house builder"

" I fix my car... no one called me a Mechanic "

" Ah F#CK ONE Goat "
No one ever call true trini ah chicken raper yet, and he doin dat from his boy days up in the mountains of paramin. they call him de man wid the pellet gun, jack donkey manday, but never chicken jammer.

but for the life of me magician, why ah goat??  ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »
so much cussing..I can't blame allyuh..anyway..Jan still needs to work on dat in trainin..it's good to discover this problem sooner than later. I never said he was the reason why we lost..I never said that he wasn't a good keeper,and I never said that he didn't lead us to de Finals. I believe that mistakes are made when you know exactly what to do in a situation but decided on doing something else. I saw a keeper who didn't know what to do on both occasions when a long range shot came at him from deep.That tells me that he is weak in this area and needs to work on that.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 10:30:30 PM »
An example of a mistake..Brow 1989 playing far off his line..his choice ..which was a bad one;if he was on his line he would have made that save ..no problem at all..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
B
An example of a mistake..Brow 1989 playing far off his line..his choice ..which was a bad one;if he was on his line he would have made that save ..no problem at all..

Bro, I have seen many top class keepers messup. Make all the impossible saves and a squeaker done them in. I saw the Spanish keeper in the Euro nation cup in 84 let a soft shot pass under him. What about the English keeper in the last WC.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 04:47:13 AM »
Simple possible assessment.

1. Possible lack of concentration at that critical moment
2. Possible losing the flight and movement of the ball for .5 secs (happens with crosses too)

Now let's be honest. JMW is the team's captain. He plays the position with the most to lose. The T&T public has been watching them go from bad to worse. The head administrative football body of Trinidad and Tobago (TTFF) is almost a non-entity. Coaches and players have not been paid. I'm sure there are other things that we do not know about but this is my point.

He's accomplished more against the odds than we've expected. He may have some issues dealing with long shots, but I'm sure he also has issues dealing with crosses. JMW has not explained what happened for the ball to get past him. We can continue to speculate. Until we get an answer from JMW none of us should speak out of turn.

Lata and blessings
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »
The man was one of the keepers of the tourney....he is a leader and the captain.  he played well and inspired his team.

1]; } ?>