April 19, 2024, 01:30:30 PM

Author Topic: T&T manager says Soca Warriors can do well in 2013  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T manager says Soca Warriors can do well in 2013
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:53:03 AM »
By Roger Seepersad (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago senior football manager William Wallace says the current "Soca Warriors" have the right attitude to do well in next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup and is confident they can put in some creditable performances to make T&T proud in 2013.

"What is crucial about this team is that it they may not be the most talented players, but it is a bunch of players with the right attitude," Wallace told the Express yesterday.

"They exhibit the attitude of winners," he said.

"They absorbed all of the pressure and they never one day complained...with that type of attitude I am sure this team will go a long way and really bring more joy to T&T next year," Wallace told the Express yesterday.

"Once that attitude remains, that really augurs well for getting good results (in the CONCACAF Gold Cup)...we are going to have creditable performances before and during the Gold Cup. I can only see the team going from strength to strength leading up to the Gold Cup, and I am certain we are going to see a performance we can all be proud of," the T&T manager added.

Speaking about the performance in the Caribbean Cup, which ended on Sunday in Antigua with T&T losing 1-0 to Cuba in the final, Wallace felt the team's second place finish was a huge achievement for a team that were not expected to reach the final.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T manager says Soca Warriors can do well in 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »
Sounds good but it's the ability to implement it is where we seem to fail. IMHO:
(1)we need a strong FA with proper policies and procedures; we gotta revise and improve the little ones we have already. Treat the players with respect and not pawns as the last administration.
(2)A players union is also necessary to keep the FA in check and have the players interests at heart. (3)Players also need to take stock of themselves i.e. mentally & physically and any other way that is commensurate with a footballer/sportsman. Have to look after their health and nutrition 24/7 and not just wait for a competition. Scouts are present at these Cups!!!!
(4)Players should carry themselves as role models (no matter if they like it or not) cause they will be in the spotlight and will be expected to behave as decent upstanding members of the public.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:07:03 AM »
Not one word from the Manager along the lines of "with the right preparation & time together!"
Gold Cup is a step up from the CFU group that T&T was drawn in.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »
Not one word from the Manager along the lines of "with the right preparation & time together!"
Gold Cup is a step up from the CFU group that T&T was drawn in.

Spare the Manager nah.  The man did say is back to the drawing board with preparations..did he not?

Saying time togehter is redundant, the core of these guys ahve come up from the youth teams.  They will be locally based for the most part and will gel.  International games and funding is up to the Government.

Yuh feel yuh could drop Anal and Jacula a line or a call and ask them to free up the cash?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »
Ah hope corneal doh really think that the core of this team should be the locals, or else he's in for ah grandeur surprise!

not bc we made it to the gold cup means we could run with concacaf's best.

IMO this team needs all the help they can get, and we will definitely be mauled to shreds if we even attempt to take on the likes of mex, costarica , panama, and the USA with these yutes.

no mr corneal, yuh need all the help you can get fella!!  so stop that sh!t!! and don't you dare put the yutes in such ah vulnorable position, remember you and pancho diod it with aklie edwards and akreem smith and kern cupid dem, please don't do it to these yutes!

first order of business should be to lose the coaches and bring in a solid coach, then allyuh need to play much friendlies against better teams with our best players!

so get this local core of players out yuh mind bro, bc our league eh good enough to compete with the best that concacaf have to offer, that would be a kamakazi mission throwing the boys out there to be embarrassed like that!  no anton, fack no!!!  i defo don't agree with that!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 06:58:16 AM »
Thank You JUST COOL. The core of this team will make good subs. We have to pick the best players all over the globe. TTFF must get sponsors and get Anil to run the money. Play Venezuela and top teams during the FIFA friendly dates. But this side will be the core of the Gold cup- somebody smoking some funny thing. Now I am not saying bring back some 30plus former warriors.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 07:23:59 AM »
Cool and Injun, here we go again spinning top in mud. The core should be local. Because, we have a hard time getting these overseas players to practice together. When was the last time Boucaud, Llod-Samuel, Jake been back. I think the core should be local. But then what is the core? Explain what is the core of the team? Back-line, or mid-field or forward. It may differr depending on what the needs of the team is. Depending on the foreigners is foolhardy. We will be held hostage to foreign clubs who want the max out of their investments. National team request will have to wait.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:26:31 AM by Deeks »

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 07:39:16 AM »
Cool and Injun, here we go again spinning top in mud. The core should be local. Because, we have a hard time getting these overseas players to practice together. When was the last time Boucaud, Llod-Samuel, Jake been back. I think the core should be local. But then what is the core? Explain what is the core of the team? Back-line, or mid-field or forward. It may differr depending on what the needs of the team is. Depending on the foreigners is foolhardy. We will be held hostage to foreign clubs who want the max out of their investments. National team request will have to wait.
Thank you.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 07:45:31 AM »
so wait......where we gettin d time to bring back we international players to replace the locals, get them to gel and be cohesive........doh get mih wrong, we need as much of our better players as we could get, but we also need to solidify dis bunch that got us here, we must also remember that, while they didn't do it in no spectacular fashion..........they still did it.......and many deserve d opportunity to be on the gold cup "Market floor" if only to be seen and maybe get more opportunities to sell themselves...........as for an international coach, ah would support dat, I would however hold on to Charles he seems to have d players ear..............and gets a level of fight and determination outa dem, for all his technical flaws. he have something useful to offer............and I still feel in my gut was jamal fuuckin up d pot, imagine charles had to suggest bring on Molino against DR, yuh would swear dat was rocket science to figure out for d terrorist......steups
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:47:57 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 08:03:54 AM »
Best players on the team. Every time. Who doh like it, step up and be better. We ain't 'cohesive' with foreign or local.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 08:49:58 AM »
Professional players should be able to assemble and assimilate the tactics of technical staff with 1 or 2 days preparation.

This is done all over the football world where players rarely get more than a week of international ball at a time.

The question is why do we seem to have problems doing the same.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »
Best players on the team. Every time. Who doh like it, step up and be better. We ain't 'cohesive' with foreign or local.

I agree, but man talkin like we have a whole team out dey..........beyond that, most of sure picks on d dis team was outa foriegn anyways.......... but while they won't shining standout a few locals on this team deserve to at least be on the team, even if they have good\better foreign replacements ...........me ent arguing no shit talk bout foriegn vs local......I arguing merit.......and appropriate reward for hard work done..........alyuh so ungrateful as to forget d shit dem fellas had to go through jus to reach dey or what SMH
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »

I agree, but man talkin like we have a whole team out dey..........beyond that, most of sure picks on d dis team was outa foriegn anyways.......... but while they won't shining standout a few locals on this team deserve to at least be on the team, even if they have good\better foreign replacements ...........me ent arguing no shit talk bout foriegn vs local......I arguing merit.......and appropriate reward for hard work done..........alyuh so ungrateful as to forget d shit dem fellas had to go through jus to reach dey or what SMH

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
Lefty, your point of merit is on point. That is fine in an ideal world. England, Italy, Germany comes to mind. These countries best players play at home. So they can get their starting 11 easy. But for TT it is becoming extremely difficult to get our "best" in for important games. If your standard is on merit, then all the foreign based should have been available for the CFU cup. As it is, the local came to the rescue. Now you saying the coach should ditch them for the overseas because they playing bigger ball. Well how do you equate KJ's position. He is on the bench most of the season. He just scored 1 goal after more than a year.

TTFF better have a program to prepare the local properly, so that when the overseas come in, they can make the transition to each other successfully. In the 70s Gally, Archie, Figaro and Deleon would filter into the team with relative ease. But they play in the US and the league was shorter. It end by September, giving these pros time to come home and play for the local teams. I remember Gally playing with Paragon after coming back from Atlanta Chiefs. Archie and Deleon played for Shell(I think). Figaro played with Malvern also. Something has to be done to get these guys up to par. The PFL is not getting it done in terms of professional prep. for our players
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:50:09 AM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »
Professional players should be able to assemble and assimilate the tactics of technical staff with 1 or 2 days preparation.

This is done all over the football world where players rarely get more than a week of international ball at a time.

The question is why do we seem to have problems doing the same.

Nobody eh adreesing yuh but I will give yuh something.

The answer :

1) We like to plan events outside of FIFA dates so clubs screwing when we asking for players.
2) We don't have a National program so we have nothing to come up through, so there is nothing to come home to. If we had a plan from the U14 NT up through the age groups, when players return home to the MNT they will have an understanding of how to function within our system. Then a NT coach can just go over tactics and strategies for dealing with the oposition.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »

Trinidad and Tobago senior football manager William Wallace says the current "Soca Warriors" have the right attitude to do well in next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup and is confident they can put in some creditable performances to make T&T proud in 2013.

"What is crucial about this team is that it they may not be the most talented players, but it is a bunch of players with the right attitude," Wallace told the Express yesterday.

"They absorbed all of the pressure and they never one day complained...with that type of attitude I am sure this team will go a long way and really bring more joy to T&T next year," Wallace told the Express yesterday.

"Once that attitude remains, that really augurs well for getting good results (in the CONCACAF Gold Cup)...we are going to have creditable performances before and during the Gold Cup. I can only see the team going from strength to strength leading up to the Gold Cup, and I am certain we are going to see a performance we can all be proud of," the T&T manager added.

WHY DOES A TEAM MANAGER HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY??? I'VE NEVER SEEN A NATIONAL PROGRAM WHERE THE MANAGER IS A SPOKESPERSON...I'M SO SICK OF THIS DOTISHNESS...STICK TO DOING THE LAUNDRY AND FILLING WATER BOTTLES PLEASE...MAKE SURE PLAYERS GET THEIR PER-DIEM AND MEALS ON TIME ETC. :banginghead:
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 02:28:54 PM »

WHY DOES A TEAM MANAGER HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY??? I'VE NEVER SEEN A NATIONAL PROGRAM WHERE THE MANAGER IS A SPOKESPERSON...I'M SO SICK OF THIS DOTISHNESS...STICK TO DOING THE LAUNDRY AND FILLING WATER BOTTLES PLEASE...MAKE SURE PLAYERS GET THEIR PER-DIEM AND MEALS ON TIME ETC. :banginghead:

Why should he not have an opinion?  You mking yours known here for all to read.   And where do you gather that he is a spokesperson for the National program?

There is NOTHING in what he said that can be construed as "speaking for the National Program,"  there you have it folks, inference versus fact!

ck1 inferring he knows what he talking about, fact is he facking clueless.

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
Oh and there is a big difference between equipment manager and team manager.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Lefty, your point of merit is on point. That is fine in an ideal world. England, Italy, Germany comes to mind. These countries best players play at home. So they can get their starting 11 easy. But for TT it is becoming extremely difficult to get our "best" in for important games. If your standard is on merit, then all the foreign based should have been available for the CFU cup. As it is, the local came to the rescue. Now you saying the coach should ditch them for the overseas because they playing bigger ball. Well how do you equate KJ's position. He is on the bench most of the season. He just scored 1 goal after more than a year.

I'm saying we shouldn't ditch the local team in it's entirety for the gold cup, which some seem to have no compunction about doing, yes the national team includes every member, even the ones that couldn't come to the competition .........but regardless of the circumstances dem fellas show more guts and grit for TT in d field, then alot ah dem name some ah allyuh so willin to through dem out for.
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »

I have no issue with the manager saying his piece. He is part of the team. The only problem I have with statement, is about "never one day complained...". I just hope that don't mean they should just shut up and play for "ah bun and ah sweet drink".

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 04:55:21 PM »
Funny thing about an anynomous board of posters that one can infer that another is inferring that another is clueless because the poster is unknown to you. I gave my opinion and you inferred that I am clueless! Well you've inferred correctly, I am clueless as to why so many of the things that are goining on with football in Trinidad is allowed to happen. With all due respect to you, no response is necessary as I will humbly dismiss my clueless self from this discussion. PEACE!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
Funny thing about an anynomous board of posters that one can infer that another is inferring that another is clueless because the poster is unknown to you. I gave my opinion and you inferred that I am clueless! Well you've inferred correctly, I am clueless as to why so many of the things that are goining on with football in Trinidad is allowed to happen. With all due respect to you, no response is necessary as I will humbly dismiss my clueless self from this discussion. PEACE!

CK1 doh study TrueTrini to much right now. He went on ah safari and he ah lil giddy now as he infiltrate the tribe during their song and dance and was accepted.

He mean well.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

CK1 doh study TrueTrini to much right now. He went on ah safari and he ah lil giddy now as he infiltrate the tribe during their song and dance and was accepted.

He mean well.

Fella me eh infiltrate no tribe, stop yuh shit and assness.

As for my safari I does go on safari all de time..you jes eh kow.

Anyway Let me explain, Tim Kee is a partner of mine for a while now..scene?

I not giddy, I just know allyuh talking shit.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
So Am I to infer that you are Tim Kee's only partner so only you have accurate information? Sorry, I did say I was clueless and done with this discussion!

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
Am I reading correctly that the Manager is saying these guys are not the most talented but they have the right attitude. Then are there more talented players who should be on the team? While I agree attitude is important it is skill, technique and tactics and strategy of technical staff is what will make us competitive . Where did this man come from? Tim Kee have a lot of changes to make! Don't waste time while there is some goodwill for the team . it will soon whittle away if these jokers don't keep quiet!

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
So Am I to infer that you are Tim Kee's only partner so only you have accurate information? Sorry, I did say I was clueless and done with this discussion!

There you go again..you not only clueless and relentless you like a decimal point, you recurring...

Fella my post was addressing assness posted by elan about safari and infiltration, but since yuh want gripe water for other people belly ache take some.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »
Eyyhh allyuh open up allyuh minds before posting nah man!

and where did i say that we should discard the locals for the foreign based??

i said that we should not be talking local or foreign in other words, bc if my memory serves me right, i saw fellas like alkie edwards, kern cupid and kareem smith pushed out there to face the USA and the concacaf giants and they were utterly embarrassed! wham, allyuh never learn or what!

not bc we did good in a regional tourney guarantees us success against the like of panama, mexico and costarica!

i followed this whole tourney from start to finish and i ahve to say that our local boys are lacking real bad, and even though they might be thirsty, and showed tremendous spirit recently doesn't make it smart to throw them in with tougher opponents, i'm afraid they would not stand against the regulars in concacaf, let alone the giants.

allyuh suppose to know when corneal and dem talk about a local core, that would more than likely translate into 85% local based!

as for man who talking bout we need the locals to get practice bc when the foreign based can't make it, then they (the locals) will be available to fill the gap,  :bs:!

i say do like the USA, england, brazil, spain, italy, germany and mexico, they don't play friendlies outside of FIFA dates, and when they do they go with all their guns!

i happened to agree with dinner mints, we play our best players that's it!

allyuh eh notice something bout this last tourney, man like jorslin and jamal gay eh score ah fackin single goal, as ah matter of fact only one forward scored in this whole tourney, and it was richard roy, could you imagine going to the gold cup with roy, gay and jorslin?

had it not been for the midfield where would we get goals from? and if we didn't have goal scorers in the midfield then we would be sitting out another gold cup, wouldn't we?

goals was the reason we lossed the degicel cup, bc we had no goal scorers especially up front, not one!!

and as for foreign based vs local, this is not where im going with this, we need to incorperate the good locals with the good foreign based.

and IMO i can't take kevon carter, kenyon edwards, jorslin, gay, plaza,  to the big danced, and ah hate tyo be hard on carter and edwards, but man like donovan and dempsey will out run dem, out smart them and out play them.

fellas who i feel need to leave home and they will be formidable players in the future, are, jovin jones, attulla guerra, aubrey david, daniel cyrus, curtis gonzales, seon power, and slyvester teasdale, these fellas have real potential.

man like kevon carter , kenyon edwards and richard roy, needs a lot of work before yuh could throw them in with bradley and altidor. yes they have potential, just like kareem smith, akkem adams and kern cupid did, but i don't know if you guys are aware of the term, spoiling a player?

you could spoil a players if you throw them in the mix before they could cope with the stress of that level of competition, and that's what happened to aklie and kareem smith, just ask those who know.

those guy were on their way and with a little care they probaly would have made it, but they met their fate when dummies like pancho and latas fed them tom the lions.

let these boys go learn properly before those monkeys in T&T spoil them!

IMO this is a nice mix of players who should be playing together from here on in.   

defenders: C. mitchel, S.power, A. david, daniel cyrus, jlloyd samuel, carlos edwards, R. primus, C. gonazales.

midfielders: J. jones, D. theobald, H. hector, A. guerra, k molino, C. cato, lester peltier, C birchall, K. hyland.

forwards: K jones, D. roberts, richard roy, K jagdeosingh.

this is bearable. this is sensible IMO.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:55:20 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 10:15:16 PM »

There you go again..you not only clueless and relentless you like a decimal point, you recurring...

Fella my post was addressing assness posted by elan about safari and infiltration, but since yuh want gripe water for other people belly ache take some.

I know I talking assness, me eh have no fren in the TTFF so me eh know nutten.    :-[

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »
fella, I doh talk for noone in the TTFF...so shut it with yuh shit.   Yuh come with dotish shit about safari and infiltration.

So just shut to f**k up with yuh nonsense

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
 i say do like the USA, england, brazil, spain, italy, germany and mexico, they don't play friendlies outside of FIFA dates, and when they do they go with all their guns!

Cool, TT is an abnormal country. How and when will they find friendlies on FIFA dates. Let's see the next FIFA date who we go play.

1]; } ?>