March 29, 2024, 04:31:48 AM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence should be T&T coach instead of Jamaal Shabazz.  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Dennis Lawrence should be T&T coach instead of Jamaal Shabazz.
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
I say so.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence should be T&T coach instead of Jamaal Shabazz.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
Yea as 1 of yuh boys that qualifies him.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »
based on what? i dont like Shabazz eh but....
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
I say so.

Coop's please stop de mischief.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »
based on what? i dont like Shabazz eh but....
He coaching in de Prem. Wigan defence in a mess, if he responsible for that. But still, he is coaching at the highest level. Who knows what kinda coach he is, though?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:02:19 PM »
He is in charge of their development squad... http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/team/coaching_staff/ not their 1st team...

And I don't see why he would leave a 'big' squad in England to coach the mess that is the National team!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »
He is in charge of their development squad... http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/team/coaching_staff/ not their 1st team...

And I don't see why he would leave a 'big' squad in England to coach the mess that is the National team!

He will fit in very well wit the TTFF as he was Jack boi. The tool to insure players took d peanuts Jack throwed their way. Mike Berry must endorse him 4 d wuk.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »
I really like Dennis, but I'm not sure about the standard of work he is currently doing. However, he will definitely be gaining good experience. If he wanted to coach T&T, his career path should first take him to manage a club team and then, perhaps, assist with the national team. Throwing someone in too soon (as with Latapy) wastes the undeveloped potential of a decent coach in the future. 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »
Mile Berry might want a transfer fee though.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 12:34:15 AM »
I really like Dennis, but I'm not sure about the standard of work he is currently doing. However, he will definitely be gaining good experience. If he wanted to coach T&T, his career path should first take him to manage a club team and then, perhaps, assist with the national team. Throwing someone in too soon (as with Latapy) wastes the undeveloped potential of a decent coach in the future. 

yuh might want to reword that sentence as he is coaching at a higher level than some of the current coaches but take heed to what weary said....
how it is cro cro call dem????

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 06:04:51 AM »

yuh might want to reword that sentence as he is coaching at a higher level than some of the current coaches but take heed to what weary said....
how it is cro cro call dem????

He is indeed coaching at a higher level than Pro League coaches. However, he is NOT First Team Coach, or even Assistant to the First Team Coach. There are many coaches who have an exemplary record as a youth team or development coach, or even Assistant Coach, but are never able to step up. Sometimes, although they have fantastic ability, they are not good man managers or disciplinarians. Sometimes they do not have the tactical or strategic skills required.

Therefore, I am hesitant to throw Dennis into the lions den before he is ready, or has further proved his abilities. Inn my opinion, Latas coaching career was destroyed when he was put in charge of the national team. Just how we must nurture and develop young players, the same goes for coaches. Let Dennis go and coach Grimsby Town, then Millwall then Southampton. If thats his desire, then give him 10 years. However, Dennis may decide that he's better as a support coach instead of the headline coach.
I saw that former Arsenal defender, Pat Rice was awarded the M.B.E. in the New Years Honours list for services to football. He's spent 30 years behind the scenes at Arsenal and has probably never wanted to be Head Coach.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »
Grimsby Town
Lol, that is the most English-sounding name of anything ever.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

His profile was recently changed and his present role is more of a promotion.  He was titled as "assistant coach to the first team" before and if u read his current profile, you would see that he has the development squad coach role AS WELL AS his first team responsibilities in this new updated profile.

He is involved in the coaching in an established premier league side.................NO TRINI HAS EVER COME CLOSE TO THAT (not gonna count Yorke at Sunderland)

ah love it!!

nb: Why the hell would he even consider leaving heading to grounds like Old Trafford, Anfield and the Emraites on a weekly basis to come to Trinidad and not get paid??

h
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »

His profile was recently changed and his present role is more of a promotion.  He was titled as "assistant coach to the first team" before and if u read his current profile, you would see that he has the development squad coach role AS WELL AS his first team responsibilities in this new updated profile.

He is involved in the coaching in an established premier league side.................NO TRINI HAS EVER COME CLOSE TO THAT (not gonna count Yorke at Sunderland)

ah love it!!

nb: Why the hell would he even consider leaving heading to grounds like Old Trafford, Anfield and the Emraites on a weekly basis to come to Trinidad and not get paid??

h

Just to clarify, I am in no way questioning Dennis' achievements, coaching prowess or potential. As Andre says, he is breaking through at the highest level. The point I'm trying to make is that a good coach does not necessarily make a good Head Coach. Some guys just aren't tough enough to make decisions that will effect a mans career.
You may be able to coach a player who is distracted at home as his wife has a new baby....but can you fire him?
Nice guys make great coaches, but don't always make good Head Coaches.
But whatever role Dennis is holding down at the moment, I think he should gain more experience and build more links before taking a risk with the National team.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »

ah love it!!

h

Just to clarify, I am in no way questioning Dennis' achievements, coaching prowess or potential. As Andre says, he is breaking through at the highest level. The point I'm trying to make is that a good coach does not necessarily make a good Head Coach. Some guys just aren't tough enough to make decisions that will effect a mans career.
You may be able to coach a player who is distracted at home as his wife has a new baby....but can you fire him?
But whatever role Dennis is holding down at the moment, I think he should gain more experience and build more links before taking a risk with the National team.

are you a fifa certified coach?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
i would have preferred even a guy like nakhid over shabazz and his minions but that ain't happening, maybe asylumseeker can weigh in  :)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »

ah love it!!

h

Unfortunately, no. Should that be significant?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 07:50:26 PM »

ah love it!!

h

ah love it!!

h

just curious, because shabazz ain't stellar and i rather have a coach who is surrounded by epl coaches and players, team tactics that are a cut above shabazz experience with guyana, however as andre pointed out, why the hell would dennis leave the epl for this bush league football tim kee, shabazz and the sham of the pro league is pushing off as pro football

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
troll thread i say so
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »

ah love it!!

h

ah love it!!

h

just curious, because shabazz ain't stellar and i rather have a coach who is surrounded by epl coaches and players, team tactics that are a cut above shabazz experience with guyana, however as andre pointed out, why the hell would dennis leave the epl for this bush league football tim kee, shabazz and the sham of the pro league is pushing off as pro football

OK. I guess all I'm trying to say is that sometimes experience counts more than qualifications if you get my meaning.
Not to offend Bakes in any way (as I don't know where he works or at what level) but you can have a Harvard Law School attorney working in a massive law firm billing $500 an hour, yet he may be pants in a court room, while a bulk standard street lawyer may have the mental tenacity and charm to win cases.
I'm not for a moment suggesting that Shabazz is a great coach or better technically than Dennis, just that I'd like to see Dennis get some experience as a head coach before he jumps in the T&T hot seat (which actually appears to be an ejector seat!) 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »

ah love it!!

h

ah love it!!

h

OK. I guess all I'm trying to say is that sometimes experience counts more than qualifications if you get my meaning.
Not to offend Bakes in any way (as I don't know where he works or at what level) but you can have a Harvard Law School attorney working in a massive law firm billing $500 an hour, yet he may be pants in a court room, while a bulk standard street lawyer may have the mental tenacity and charm to win cases.
I'm not for a moment suggesting that Shabazz is a great coach or better technically than Dennis, just that I'd like to see Dennis get some experience as a head coach before he jumps in the T&T hot seat (which actually appears to be an ejector seat!) 

i can agree with that approach, to me a coach who knows how to communicate, who has the football iq and knows how to get his players to believe in his system is the right coach, not all players are great coaches, as we can see in the latas example.

shabazz has plenty experience but has a low football iq and doesn't communicate well with players, players don't respect him and neither does the footballing public, which is very bad for our football.

take a guy like beenhakker, he walked with a team and he sorted out his defense first and foremost, intelligence makes a big difference, most of these guys lack it, badly

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
shabazz has plenty experience but has a low football iq and doesn't communicate well with players, players don't respect him and neither does the footballing public, which is very bad for our football.

This statement is based on what evidence?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:19 PM »

This statement is based on what evidence?

based on my conversations with players who have played under him and my own observations of his career, I heard hes a cool guy but that doesn't win football matches.

1]; } ?>