April 26, 2024, 11:17:08 AM

Author Topic: Operation Smile  (Read 631 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Operation Smile
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:23 PM »
Operation Smile
Warrior Nation

The 2012 Christmas holiday season saw the Warrior Nation take its food charity drive to the hometown of current national goalkeeper Marvin Phillip.

The recipient was the Operation Smile Home for Children, located at 10 Sonnyram Ave. Morne Roche Quarry Road, Poonah, Williamsville. The home was established in April 2001, but since 2006 they have been housed at their present location. The facility accommodates 40 children, and at present there are 32 kids with 3 caregivers. The ages range from 7-22, and at age 16, children can be reunited with their family. However, if this is not possible, the children are allowed to remain at the home. At present they have completed an additional building to house children 2 years and under.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Smile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:51:51 AM »
Congratulations to all involved. It must be frustrating for Flex and Tallman to organise from overseas as I'm sure they know they could have done more from down here. Also, well done Weary, as I know Xmas is a busy time for everybody!

The sw.net family should be proud of giving some love to kids in need.  :beermug: :applause: :applause:

Apologies from Central F.C. as we would have liked to given more. I was very disappointed in the attitude of the major supermarkets. We approached them all to allow us to collect food outside of their stores. None of them replied. We then called them and visited the stores but were told we need to send letters to the head office (which we had already done). I even arranged a meeting with one Executive and when I arrived he had not turned up or called to apologise.

The only supermarket who assisted was JTA in Couva.

The millions of dollars they all make and yet all we wanted to do was collect some tins. Makes me sick. Stupid thing is that at JTA, people were spending more money to buy tins to donate.  :frustrated:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:58:15 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Operation Smile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:19:45 AM »
Tallman, Weary... nice good.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>