April 19, 2024, 01:09:02 PM

Author Topic: Building An Academy In Trinidad  (Read 25509 times)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Passing It Till We Drop...
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »
MaxG,

You not harsh at all, your perspective is appreciated. You pointed out the ability to show case players where I was focused on competitive matches for Amwood to measure the level of hisnplayers. I understood that he understands the USA environment but wanted level set against Europe but was facing a cost factor. Therefore, I suggested South America not as a place to place players but to evaluate them for development.

I understood(maybe incorrectly) that many of Amwoods players were not at the age to challenge for signings similar to Levi. In addition, qe have to be honest about a lot of these trips to Man City and other clubs, they are primarily marketing opportunities the clubs and not serious recruiting. The exposure and experience is fantastic for those selected but we know how these massive clubs recruit and its not like that.

I think that boys 13-17 playing against South American competition is an excellent way to guage themselves and develop. Again my focus was development where you were more targeted at securing contract opportunities. Nothing harsh about that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Passing It Till We Drop...
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2016, 09:02:46 PM »
MaxG,

You not harsh at all, your perspective is appreciated. You pointed out the ability to show case players where I was focused on competitive matches for Amwood to measure the level of hisnplayers. I understood that he understands the USA environment but wanted level set against Europe but was facing a cost factor. Therefore, I suggested South America not as a place to place players but to evaluate them for development.

I understood(maybe incorrectly) that many of Amwoods players were not at the age to challenge for signings similar to Levi. In addition, qe have to be honest about a lot of these trips to Man City and other clubs, they are primarily marketing opportunities the clubs and not serious recruiting. The exposure and experience is fantastic for those selected but we know how these massive clubs recruit and its not like that.

I think that boys 13-17 playing against South American competition is an excellent way to guage themselves and develop. Again my focus was development where you were more targeted at securing contract opportunities. Nothing harsh about that.
but I m also touching on development..Contrary to grassroots belief football training and development is not rocket science. However, like any amateur sport the dedication required by both players and coaches/trainers is extremely high with very little percentage of successful returns. Luck, contact  and being seen, actually sometimes play a greater role, especially in team sports. There are billions  of kids playing football and there are comparatively few professional positions available, added to the fact that it's a relatively short active playing span, even for top players (of course  there are exceptions). So one has to consider priorities, family structure and support, background, education (physical & mental), alternatives, and possible careers. Questions arise what are they developing to and for. Not all will be good enough to gain contractual employment from a professional club, so if u have 25 solid young players in a academical club, how many would be actually be good enough to get a look at even a regional team, given the other clubs around, how many would make a semipro team or National program. Is the investment worth it for them or should they be investing their time in more feasible sound ventures. Many kids will say they want to be a Pilot (my time) and in reality barely get to finish highschool. Yet, if they are lucky they may still be a pilot one day. On the other hand, one can dream to be as good as Messi, train everyday, has the best coach and trainer, and if they are not given a opportunity in that limited time, say by 14 or 15 they won't get a sniff of reaching whatever they were developing for.  Many professional coaches in the football academia sell a dream, that is the business they are in, yet very few achieve such, but some do, and the success stories are shown to million every Saturday. We don't pay to see the many that don't make.
My point therefore is, why have non-rich parents invest in trip to anywhere for a group of kids, when it is quite obvious one or none wouldn't even get a chance. Even with the exhorbitant salaries paid today, there are more financially sound people who hardly play sport than those that do.
A experienced trainer can observe a kid on a daily basis and can tell if he has a shot or not. So why push the rest that way. The development for me therefore is self, being the best they can be, and for the enjoyment and appreciation of how far they reach with the work they have put in. but to throw funds behind such development, it should be minimal. Amwood boys are lucky to have someone of his caliber and experience return home to help them along this part(and path, los), keep them out of trouble, having fun and gaining confidence is themselves. From observation  afar, he seems to be doing a fine job. yet, i don't think he was in the business of making stars, that's god,jah,allah or buddha's job.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:25:01 AM by maxg »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
It's been a while!
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »
Hope things good with everyone - haven't posted in quite sometime. Sadly the football vibe in the country is absolutely awful but we persevere....2016 was a decent year for our guys and in 2017, we are starting to see some positive results. Until things change for the better, we've (as a group) - come to the conclusion that we will rely on those outside to further the development of our players - getting them equipped at a young enough age is now the goal. Bless!

https://youtu.be/ykHSaNdL84A

https://youtu.be/zgd3512qMjc

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Building An Academy In Trinidad
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »
Amwood, come in nah. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Academy report, state of the community, area, nation, region..something. Respect always
always good to hear from the ppl in the trenches.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2018, 05:13:45 PM »
Amwood, come in nah. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Academy report, state of the community, area, nation, region..something. Respect always
always good to hear from the ppl in the trenches.

Friend him on Facebook, he does be giving regular updates there with videos. You can also subscribe to the Anthony Sherwood Football YouTube Channel.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2018, 05:45:22 PM »
thanks Tman

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2018, 07:57:02 PM »
Respect to everyone....football coming along, lots of challenges but that is what makes it interesting. Bless!

https://youtu.be/atxbicmHdfQ

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2018, 05:01:04 AM »
Judah look real good.

De under 17 in black right?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete