April 19, 2024, 08:06:05 PM

Author Topic: Dwarika, Fenwick and Faustin lead star-studded cast at Wired868 Festival  (Read 4552 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwarika, Fenwick and Faustin lead star-studded exhibition cast
By Wired868.com

There will be four former Youth World Cup players, two former senior World Cup players, two ex-England Premier League players and a host of past international stars in action on Sunday afternoon as Wired868.com hosts its first Football Festival between 3 and 6 pm at UWI’s SPEC ground on the St Augustine Campus. Kick off is at 3.45 pm.

Anthony Sherwood, Angus Eve, Clayton Ince and Roger Henry all represented the first Trinidad and Tobago team to ever play in a FIFA World Cup when they participated at the 2001 Portugal World Youth Cup. They will be re-united on Sunday afternoon.

Former England and Tottenham defender Terry Fenwick and Trinidad and Tobago defender Brent Sancho played at the 1986 and 2006 senior World Cups respectively while ex-Barnsley attacker Clint Marcelle, like Fenwick, is a former Premiership player.

They will be among an extraordinary talented cast of top retired players on show as a Wired868 Invitational XI squares off against an Earl “Mango” Pierre XI in Sunday’s exhibition match.

The fixture is meant to be an opportunity for fellowship among former and present coaches, players, administrators, journalists and fans as Wired868 and the football fraternity looks forward to 2013.

Admission is free to members of the public although donations are welcome to offset costs and set the stage for future Football Festivals.

Former “Strike Squad” coach and national football icon Everald “Gally” Cummings, present Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Raymond Tim Kee and DIRECTV W Connection owner David John Williams are among the specially invited guests while Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene will take part in the on-field action.

Other high-profile former international players who will grace the field include Hutson Charles, Arnold Dwarika, Leonson Lewis, Terry St Louis, Kerwin Jemmott, Ansil Elcock, Anton Corneal, Reynold Carrington, Marvin Faustin, Brian Williams, Derek King, Clayton Morris and Anthony Rougier.

Current Trinidad and Tobago defender Carlyle Mitchell is also due to feature, albeit in a more attacking role while national coach Jamaal Shabazz will play as well.

(Teams)

Wired868.com XI: James Saunders, Jamaal Shabazz, Clayton Ince; Brent Sancho, Terry Fenwick, Darryl Smith, Clayton Morris, Derek King, Chris Durity, Roger Henry, Ansil Elcock; Anthony Sherwood, Carlyle Mitchell, Damian Cooper, Anton Corneal, Hutson Charles, Gregory Seale; Earl Jean, Kona Hislop, Dexter Skeene, Gabre Cummings, Arnold Dwarika, Angus Eve, Leonson Lewis.

Added guests: Walter Alibey, Nwadike Holder, Lasana Liburd, Randy Bando, Sherdon Pierre, Cordell Boyce-Bain, Jeffrey Edwards, Rodney Alexander.

Mango Pierre XI: Declan Squires, Ricardo Aleong, Joel Gibbons, Kwame Wiltshire, Reynold Carrington, Richard Shepherd, Marvin Faustin, Clint Marcelle, Terry St Louis, Kerwin Jemmott, Linton Gaston, Brian Williams, Wesley Webb, Darin Lewis, Brendon Seenath, Michel Peters, Colin Phillip, Dion Sosa, Anthony Rougier.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:18:53 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarika, Fenwick and Faustin lead star-studded cast at Wired868 Festival
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:18:21 AM »
Rum vs Retire

Wapon to Rix ? call he too...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:21:10 AM »
Ha ha how Nwadike get in dey... he going to drink ppl rum
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
Lots of spanners

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »
Sounds like a great event... good luck with everything!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
Real beats and breakfoot going to pass. The old fellas could be real competitive lol. Hope this gets support from the public.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Photos from Wired868 Fotball Festival
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
Wired868 Football Festival serves up a treat
By Wired868

Trinidad and Tobago’s past and present football stars and fans had a great time at the inaugural Wired868 Football Festival. Thanks to everyone who helped to make the event a success and please click on the link to enjoy some photographs from the day.
Click here: http://www.wired868.com/2013/01/10/wired868-serves-up-football-treat/

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from Wired868 Fotball Festival
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
Hardest gain real weight man wow

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 02:03:41 PM »
^^^I now coming to post that picture.  Like Hardest on ah all-doubles diet.

As for the festival, great stuff Lasana... look like them fellas was having such a great time coming together that they didn't want to break up the lime when was time to go home.  Only thing sour it fuh me was Jamaal Shabazz... but ah guess yuh can't ostracize him forever.  Still shouldn't be receiving no part of government funds, via salary or what not, in my book.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »
thanks man. that look like a real good lime.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 04:02:02 PM »
Lasana, it would be nice to name the players here and if you have a bigger shot too ?.

Photo: The Wired868 Invitational Team.

Photo: The Earl “Mango” Pierre XI.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Hey Flex. I will check Hume's photos to see if his team shots are larger. I can only name some of the other squad though. But I will try.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 12:54:23 PM »
Hey Flex. I will check Hume's photos to see if his team shots are larger. I can only name some of the other squad though. But I will try.

I know a few men on both teams... post the larger shots and i'm sure the forumites will make a good time about identifying the ballers.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
Speaking about gaining weight, don't know about FF, but when I saw Fasutin in Germany I could not believe how fit the man look.  Kept himself in really good condition
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
Speaking about gaining weight, don't know about FF, but when I saw Fasutin in Germany I could not believe how fit the man look.  Kept himself in really good condition

wha bout leonson lewis.. in germany that man look like a statue  :o

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »
Talking bout Leonson...saw him om the golf course today...de man still real fit looking....he totally hooked on the golf....playing for 6 months now....we had a nice lil chat
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »
The man doh sweat no more because of this golf thing. But he look the same as he did in his strike squad days!

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 05:28:28 AM »
Seems like it was a very successful event! Togetherness with players and coaches. Bodes well for the future.
Good job Lasana!

1]; } ?>