Should the TTFF fire Jamaal Shabazz

Yes
21 (80.8%)
No
2 (7.7%)
Don't Care
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Fire Jamaal Shabazz Thread.  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Fire Jamaal Shabazz Thread.
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »
We have a terrorist for a coach.

How can a man help stick up a country, kill innocent civilians, burn down buildings, shoot the President and walk the streets today free and unscratched.

Now the TTFF making this man our coach and trying for people to buy into this crap of being the most successful coach in T&T when that's not true.

How can we support this propaganda.

In other countries this man and his right hand buddy Abu Bakr would have been hung.

Didn't the TTFF realised that when Shabazz was Guyana coach not only did they lose most of their games but they were embarrass, collecting 25 goals in 5 games.

Wake up Time Kee and stop making Anton pull yuh stones.

If the TTFF honest, they will see T&T was lucky to even place in the top 4 of the Caribbean Cup, after French Guiana, T&T was the worst team in the tournament.

We cannot get fool by T&T place in the tournament, they had ONE good game against Martinique and a deceent one again Haiti. Dominican Republic shoulda beat we badly, only because they did not finish they end up loosing.

Is because of de individual of the players we made it, but as a team they not playing good.

We have no principlies in T&T and the whole dam country corrupted.

Shabazz sold out Guyana last game vs Mexico to be played in the US a place he is ban from, I cant wait to see what the TTFF will do when the Gold Cup reach and de man they put all they trust in cant go.

Is baccanal in we ass.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Jamaal Shabazz Thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:21:35 AM »
fire!

we doh need no inept treasonist, terrorist murderer as coach.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »
How can a man help stick up a country, kill innocent civilians, burn down buildings, shoot the President and walk the streets today free and unscratched.
Dat is not true, stop lying on de man!!!! Is the Prime Minister they shoot!  ;)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fire Jamaal Shabazz Thread.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
Dat is not true, stop lying on de man!!!! Is the Prime Minister they shoot!  ;)

LOL
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »
We have a terrorist for a coach.

How can a man help stick up a country, kill innocent civilians, burn down buildings, shoot the President and walk the streets today free and unscratched

The same way we could have a crook and teef as Minister of National Security

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:30 AM »
If allyuh want tuh fire the man based on his performance in the semis vs mex, CR and el salv, then yes i agree whole heartedly, but if based on his participation in the coop, then i say yuh out for dogone lunch fuh startin such an imbecilic thread.

BTW, i wonder if allyuh really going to hold this against ah 21 yr old for being mislead by a big old horse like abu? for crying out loud the fella was ah yute! give him ah bleigh nah.

on another note, ah wonder if allyuh would call ah fella like george washington ah terrorist too? after all he started a coop against the british colonials.

and unlike shabbaz, he killed loads of british forces and could you imagine how many women were raped during this process which was never mentioned? but yet we made ah slaver ah hero and the first president of this great nation, and forgot to label him a terrorist.

what about queen elizabeth, matter of fact, what about the british monarchy on the whole, how much ppl they killed, enslaved, colonize and oppressed?

IMO, if these ppl we tend to admire and venerate could get ah bleigh, then fack that! i willing tuh give shabbaz ah bleigh too, just not as our coach though.  :cursing:

sometimes i sit and fantasize, what if they were successful in their attempts and shabbaz and his accomplices had turn our fortunes around and made T&T a model nation, would we still be callin him ah taliban, or would he have been a venerated hero like good ole georgy boy the slave owner / liberator / freedom fighter?  :thinking:             positive.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:01:09 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »
So if a 21 year old kill your family because he was incourage by another he should walk free?

A 21 yr old is an ADULT and should be charged as one.

just cool, you make no sense.

Besides, Shabaaz was not 21 in 1990, he was 27, he born in 1963.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:47:31 AM by Errol »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:32 PM »
So if a 21 year old kill your family because he was incourage by another he should walk free?

Don't know why people keep saying he was a yute. He was ah big hard back man on tv.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »

That iz your opinion bro, who ever said that i have to satisfy the the massive, but let me ask you this, what would you say of someone like che gueverra, is he a freedom fighter, or was he a terrorist trouble maker?

while yuh ponder on that let me just let you in on this. don't you know it's legal for the military to dethrone a leader of a democracy if they conclude that he's working against the sovereignty of the nation, or that his policies are un constitutional , or the leader of that nation is unfit to rule?

the military also have a right to suspend the government, if necessary by force, and impose marshal law or a state of emergency. like you forgetting that the definition of a democracy or what?

it mainly constitute the "power of the people" to change their government by election or protest, and if necessary by forceful measures.

FYI the jammat was acting within their rights, that's why they are not rotting in jail as we speak.  like i have said before, when i was ah yute in T&T i was very disgruntled with the governance @ the time, and felt the atmosphere of dissension and was not suprised when it all went down.

if you say that shabbaz was ah terrorist , then shah, lassale, dave daebrau (kaffara combron) geddes granger( makanadal dagga) should all be considered terrorist as well, and if you are a man of color then you should know that these are the men who risk their lives so black nayger and collie mudafackers could be respected in the labor force and hold jobs that hitherto (1970) was nearly impossible.

it's bc of men like clyde nunez, granger and bazil davis that we the non whites and french creole could hold our heads high and equals in this nation, before that ppl of darker hue was treated like beast of burden by the social white elites, so doh talk what yuh eh know, bc i was there in the 80ies as ah big man, and tuh tell yuh the truth.

i see decent fellas who was bright as no arse and raised with good values resorted to selling drugs bc back then yuh couldn't even get ah gig breaking fackin rocks in ah quarry, let alone mix concrete on ah construction site.

IMO the government starve the ppl out soo much that i believe they were the ones who open up the door for drugs and cime to engolf the nation with the mismanagment of the country.

that coup was ah necessary evil, trust meh guy.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
The only rights de jamat have was de right to remain silent. Shabaaz should be living in Iraq and not T&T.

He is ah f00king terrorist don't matter what color you color it.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »

That iz your opinion bro, who ever said that i have to satisfy the the massive, but let me ask you this, what would you say of someone like che gueverra, is he a freedom fighter, or was he a terrorist trouble maker?

dem fellas did not have free and fair elections, we always had that in T&T...we have no reason for revolution, coups or such shit.

while yuh ponder on that let me just let you in on this. don't you know it's legal for the military to dethrone a leader of a democracy if they conclude that he's working against the sovereignty of the nation, or that his policies are un constitutional , or the leader of that nation is unfit to rule?

the military also have a right to suspend the government, if necessary by force, and impose marshal law or a state of emergency. like you forgetting that the definition of a democracy or what?

what democracy you get that info from???  Military is an arm of the government...how dey go suspend the government???

it mainly constitute the "power of the people" to change their government by election or protest, and if necessary by forceful measures.

protesting against an unjust government is one thing revolution against a despotic and unjust government is another...again such actions were bnever justified in T&Tespecially from de f**king Jamaat and dem...petty crooks trying to play righteous

FYI the jammat was acting within their rights, that's why they are not rotting in jail as we speak.  like i have said before, when i was ah yute in T&T i was very disgruntled with the governance @ the time, and felt the atmosphere of dissension and was not suprised when it all went down.

Them f**kers real lucky to be alive and breathing today.  Acting within their rights would be to petition the police to hold demonstrations, exercising their franchise and voting them out, even forming their own political party and campaigning...not shooting up de place killing innocent people, burning and looting...nor was it within their rights to illegally possess weapons...check the constitution and the laws of T&T

if you say that shabbaz was ah terrorist , then shah, lassale, dave daebrau (kaffara combron) geddes granger( makanadal dagga) should all be considered terrorist as well, and if you are a man of color then you should know that these are the men who risk their lives so black nayger and collie mudafackers could be respected in the labor force and hold jobs that hitherto (1970) was nearly impossible.

Most of these men were treasonous and mutineers  and are extremely lucky to be alive.  Getting off on technicalities is not some sort of absolution!!  Dem f**kers asked for Kwame Nkruma and dem to try dem and dey find dem guilty.  dem fellas surrendered after 10 days and get jailed....as I said is a technicality dat free dem.  Man like Colonel Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma, Colonel Ignatius Acheampong, Major Obitre-Gama, were the judges, and the State Prosecutors were: Bruce Procope, Theodore Guerra, Gerald Stewart, Aldric Benjamin and Maureen Thompson.   Defense was Pope Wharton, Allan Alexander, Desmond Allum, Aeneas Wills, Arthur Lawrence (now Atta Kujufi), Clive Phelps, Clem Razack ( he dead).   Dem fellas and all admit freely that they were guilty of mutiny...BUT got off ONLY because the Appeal Courts threw out the convictions and sentences mainly on the ground that the condonation plea was not heard in a fair manner.   

it's bc of men like clyde nunez, granger and bazil davis that we the non whites and french creole could hold our heads high and equals in this nation, before that ppl of darker hue was treated like beast of burden by the social white elites, so doh talk what yuh eh know, bc i was there in the 80ies as ah big man, and tuh tell yuh the truth.

SO why did the ruling Black Government the PNM led by Eric hold their own blacks in suppression and yuh blaming de french creoles and dem?  I agree that 1970 and 71 a change between the poor rich gap closed in T&T..but why blame people dey ahd black elitists indeed dem f**kers were running the country!

i see decent fellas who was bright as no arse and raised with good values resorted to selling drugs bc back then yuh couldn't even get ah gig breaking fackin rocks in ah quarry, let alone mix concrete on ah construction site.

IMO the government starve the ppl out soo much that i believe they were the ones who open up the door for drugs and cime to engolf the nation with the mismanagment of the country.

The government made one huge mistake, no consultations, and de Fact dat Opec had oil real cheap, de IMF had we back to the wall and the fact we did not support the US in military action against the Cubans in Grenada make we pay for dat..I doh blame the NAR government too much at all...especially when yuh look at the state of the treasury...wha dey was supposed to do?  Print more money?

The coup was run by some evil f**kers with nefarious motives in mind, thankfully dey failed....

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »
anything with NATION in it like NATIONal football no f**king seditious f**k should be around

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »

dem fellas did not have free and fair elections, we always had that in T&T...we have no reason for revolution, coups or such shit.

what democracy you get that info from???  Military is an arm of the government...how dey go suspend the government???

protesting against an unjust government is one thing revolution against a despotic and unjust government is another...again such actions were bnever justified in T&Tespecially from de f**king Jamaat and dem...petty crooks trying to play righteous

Them f**kers real lucky to be alive and breathing today.  Acting within their rights would be to petition the police to hold demonstrations, exercising their franchise and voting them out, even forming their own political party and campaigning...not shooting up de place killing innocent people, burning and looting...nor was it within their rights to illegally possess weapons...check the constitution and the laws of T&T

Most of these men were treasonous and mutineers  and are extremely lucky to be alive.  Getting off on technicalities is not some sort of absolution!!  Dem f**kers asked for Kwame Nkruma and dem to try dem and dey find dem guilty.  dem fellas surrendered after 10 days and get jailed....as I said is a technicality dat free dem.  Man like Colonel Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma, Colonel Ignatius Acheampong, Major Obitre-Gama, were the judges, and the State Prosecutors were: Bruce Procope, Theodore Guerra, Gerald Stewart, Aldric Benjamin and Maureen Thompson.   Defense was Pope Wharton, Allan Alexander, Desmond Allum, Aeneas Wills, Arthur Lawrence (now Atta Kujufi), Clive Phelps, Clem Razack ( he dead).   Dem fellas and all admit freely that they were guilty of mutiny...BUT got off ONLY because the Appeal Courts threw out the convictions and sentences mainly on the ground that the condonation plea was not heard in a fair manner.   

SO why did the ruling Black Government the PNM led by Eric hold their own blacks in suppression and yuh blaming de french creoles and dem?  I agree that 1970 and 71 a change between the poor rich gap closed in T&T..but why blame people dey ahd black elitists indeed dem f**kers were running the country!

The government made one huge mistake, no consultations, and de Fact dat Opec had oil real cheap, de IMF had we back to the wall and the fact we did not support the US in military action against the Cubans in Grenada make we pay for dat..I doh blame the NAR government too much at all...especially when yuh look at the state of the treasury...wha dey was supposed to do?  Print more money?

The coup was run by some evil f**kers with nefarious motives in mind, thankfully dey failed....

Thank God i didn't expect anything different from you, or else i would be extremely disappointed.

i wanted to ask you this though. you said that we had a black government, but what was the doc to do, wave a wand and make the white capitalist start opening their doors to black employees?

believe you me the doc had a hand in that coup of 1970, just as panday had a hand in the coup of 1990. dr williams the week before gave a firey speech @ UWI then a week later the coup went down.

i believe his hands were tied, but he was in favor of a shake up of the white elite. he could not get fully involved, and even though he knew the coup would fail, i believe in his heart he endorsed the effort.

BTW tell me this, do you endorse the american revolution?

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 11:13:09 PM »
Te Doc called a State of emergency that triggered the coup..he was enemy number 1....and yeah he could have stopped the white capitalist dead in their tracks if he wanted.  yep.

Off course I endorse the American Revolution, the Civil war was the second american revolution and I endorse that too.

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 12:30:25 AM »
Let me educate you a little bit about Eric Williams and the Black Power Movement.

The PNM government under Eric's leadership gave educational access to young people like never before in the History of Trinidad and Tobago.  At the same time the same government curtailed worker's rights continuously.  First they pass the Industrial Stabilization Act in 1965, this at a time when there was massive labor unrest and a stronger Trade Union movement.   Eric versus the Trade Unions...that equaled big troubles.

The act make it illegal for protests and curtailed workers' rights to resolve labor grievances.  At a time when Opec was not yet around, there was growing unemployment and the vstiges of colonialism was still rampant (yuh french creole/white hegemony)  SO a brain drain started, as thousand leaving school and no freaking jobs. 

Eric Williams let the police loose on the people, students and workers.  Yuh boy Clive Nunez, Clive Aberdeen, Joe Young and dem from TIWU launch a big protest and police start locking people up!  Under Eric directions too eh.

What de hell was Eric and HIS BLACK government doing to help the black people and the indian people?  Not a f**k dais what!

Then there were the struggles for liberty and independence in AFrica and Asia, all dem students we send overseas saw the struggles and brought the ideologies home to T&T...more trouble for Eric, he say f**k dat...ah not allowing that challenge to my leasdership.

The Black Power movement taking place within the MINDS of young BLACK trini people in and out of T&T Canada in particular...was more of a cultural revolution than a political movement...!

Khafra Kambon, mentioned the reading young blacks were interested in...Books by Stokeley Carmichael, Fidel Castro, Che, Debray, Fanon, Malcolm X etc. were popular and were the catalyst for movement.   Geddes Granger who was in Canada started the Joint National Action Committee...later NJAC...took a leadership role in demonstrations and Black Power movement in T&T.

about 30 groups coalesed and protested all the while Eric telling the police to lock up dey cyat hole.  On Feb 20th 1970,   the road wass busy in T&T...thousands in the streets of POS and south...railing against racism, and demanding jobs in banks, access to beaches etc for darker skinned people...mind you, this with a BLACK GOVERNMENT in charge.

Ereic was propping up the white business class, and letting colonial hegemony continue...the churches were also complicit in helping Eric maintain this status quo.

Eric response..S State of Emergency and prison for the leaders of the protests.

So called Guerillas emerged after with NUFF (National Union of Freedom Fighters)etc.  Beverley and Jennifer Jones, (I went to school with their little brother in Trinity) Clem Haynes, the URO (United Revolutionary Organization) used to walk into police staions and banks and rob dem...with their Marxist-socialist slant..these people felt the need to take up a armed struggle to deal with the BRUTAL POLICE action by Eric Williams.

URO was real strong on women's rights and equality.  I rememebr the saying:  Say it Loud, I am Black and Proud, I remember Mahalia Jackson coming to T&T, by the Net ball courts in POS...cars getting turn over, my teacher, Charles Applewhite with he big silver bracelet making the Black power sign with a closed fist.

real exciting days for a young fella those were.

Kitchner singing Jericho etc.  Police and Army going into the hills and executing the NUFF peeps.

Ahhh Basil Davis funeral had so many people yuh could not get a taxi, police shoot he dead, red and black flags all over he coffin and people dressed in red and black too.  Eric was eliminating all ah dem..one by one, and each one ah dem had HUGE funerals.

Posters and spray painted symbols all over POS and South Forest Reserve area.  Guardian saying they were public enemy number 1!!!

Doh try telling me Eric was behind the black power movement at all at all.  he regarded it as a threat and de dealt with it with impunity!

NJAC and dem did win in de end as they get the changes they wanted, beaches in Tobago open up, banks hired black people all this after 1974 eh!

Agian f**k dat shiot about Eric supporting black power.  Not so at all.

Oh and afros became the style during the 70's too

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 01:10:59 AM »
Let me educate you a little bit about Eric Williams and the Black Power Movement.

The PNM government under Eric's leadership gave educational access to young people like never before in the History of Trinidad and Tobago.  At the same time the same government curtailed worker's rights continuously.  First they pass the Industrial Stabilization Act in 1965, this at a time when there was massive labor unrest and a stronger Trade Union movement.   Eric versus the Trade Unions...that equaled big troubles.

The act make it illegal for protests and curtailed workers' rights to resolve labor grievances.  At a time when Opec was not yet around, there was growing unemployment and the vstiges of colonialism was still rampant (yuh french creole/white hegemony)  SO a brain drain started, as thousand leaving school and no freaking jobs. 

Eric Williams let the police loose on the people, students and workers.  Yuh boy Clive Nunez, Clive Aberdeen, Joe Young and dem from TIWU launch a big protest and police start locking people up!  Under Eric directions too eh.

What de hell was Eric and HIS BLACK government doing to help the black people and the indian people?  Not a f**k dais what!

Then there were the struggles for liberty and independence in AFrica and Asia, all dem students we send overseas saw the struggles and brought the ideologies home to T&T...more trouble for Eric, he say f**k dat...ah not allowing that challenge to my leasdership.

The Black Power movement taking place within the MINDS of young BLACK trini people in and out of T&T Canada in particular...was more of a cultural revolution than a political movement...!

Khafra Kambon, mentioned the reading young blacks were interested in...Books by Stokeley Carmichael, Fidel Castro, Che, Debray, Fanon, Malcolm X etc. were popular and were the catalyst for movement.   Geddes Granger who was in Canada started the Joint National Action Committee...later NJAC...took a leadership role in demonstrations and Black Power movement in T&T.

about 30 groups coalesed and protested all the while Eric telling the police to lock up dey cyat hole.  On Feb 20th 1970,   the road wass busy in T&T...thousands in the streets of POS and south...railing against racism, and demanding jobs in banks, access to beaches etc for darker skinned people...mind you, this with a BLACK GOVERNMENT in charge.

Ereic was propping up the white business class, and letting colonial hegemony continue...the churches were also complicit in helping Eric maintain this status quo.

Eric response..S State of Emergency and prison for the leaders of the protests.

So called Guerillas emerged after with NUFF (National Union of Freedom Fighters)etc.  Beverley and Jennifer Jones, (I went to school with their little brother in Trinity) Clem Haynes, the URO (United Revolutionary Organization) used to walk into police staions and banks and rob dem...with their Marxist-socialist slant..these people felt the need to take up a armed struggle to deal with the BRUTAL POLICE action by Eric Williams.

URO was real strong on women's rights and equality.  I rememebr the saying:  Say it Loud, I am Black and Proud, I remember Mahalia Jackson coming to T&T, by the Net ball courts in POS...cars getting turn over, my teacher, Charles Applewhite with he big silver bracelet making the Black power sign with a closed fist.

real exciting days for a young fella those were.

Kitchner singing Jericho etc.  Police and Army going into the hills and executing the NUFF peeps.

Ahhh Basil Davis funeral had so many people yuh could not get a taxi, police shoot he dead, red and black flags all over he coffin and people dressed in red and black too.  Eric was eliminating all ah dem..one by one, and each one ah dem had HUGE funerals.

Posters and spray painted symbols all over POS and South Forest Reserve area.  Guardian saying they were public enemy number 1!!!

Doh try telling me Eric was behind the black power movement at all at all.  he regarded it as a threat and de dealt with it with impunity!

NJAC and dem did win in de end as they get the changes they wanted, beaches in Tobago open up, banks hired black people all this after 1974 eh!

Agian f**k dat shiot about Eric supporting black power.  Not so at all.

Oh and afros became the style during the 70's too

Yuh didn't have to do just cool like dat man  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 03:15:54 AM »
If allyuh want tuh fire the man based on his performance in the semis vs mex, CR and el salv, then yes i agree whole heartedly, but if based on his participation in the coop, then i say yuh out for dogone lunch fuh startin such an imbecilic thread.

BTW, i wonder if allyuh really going to hold this against ah 21 yr old for being mislead by a big old horse like abu? for crying out loud the fella was ah yute! give him ah bleigh nah.

on another note, ah wonder if allyuh would call ah fella like george washington ah terrorist too? after all he started a coop against the british colonials.

and unlike shabbaz, he killed loads of british forces and could you imagine how many women were raped during this process which was never mentioned? but yet we made ah slaver ah hero and the first president of this great nation, and forgot to label him a terrorist.

what about queen elizabeth, matter of fact, what about the british monarchy on the whole, how much ppl they killed, enslaved, colonize and oppressed?

IMO, if these ppl we tend to admire and venerate could get ah bleigh, then fack that! i willing tuh give shabbaz ah bleigh too, just not as our coach though.  :cursing:

sometimes i sit and fantasize, what if they were successful in their attempts and shabbaz and his accomplices had turn our fortunes around and made T&T a model nation, would we still be callin him ah taliban, or would he have been a venerated hero like good ole georgy boy the slave owner / liberator / freedom fighter?  :thinking:             positive.

Dread you need to look up the definition of 'terrorist' before yuh start making yuhself seem so uninformed.  One of the key factors is unprovoked attacks against civilians, as a means of striking terror into the hearts of the civilian population, as a means of attacking/destabilizing the ultimate target (in most cases, the government).  George Washington never attack any civilians.  If they was raping women then they were raping their own women because there weren't too many colonists who were loyal to the King... nearly all of them were opposed.  This is why the English made such a big push to recruit blacks, Native Americans, French and German (Hessian Horsemen) mercenaries.  The rest of the British forces were shipped in from England... they didn't bring any women with them.  So again, who were these women they were allegedly raping, their own wives and daughters?  More likely we haven't heard of these rapes because they never happened.

If you want, "insurrectionist" might be a better term, and this would apply to Shabazz as well... along with rank terrorist.  It is folly to try and equate the two however, as even the most casual examination would reveal.  History has been kind to Washington, in spite of his many faults, because the cause for which he fought was noble.  However the British wanted to justify the fight, the fact of the matter is that King George was an oppressor, any how you want to define it.  People didn't have basic freedom... if yuh curious about what 'freedom' ah talking about then consult the Bill of Rights.  Those ten items didn't appear first in the Constitution because they sound nice... these were the things the Colonists were most upset about, these were the basic rights which they were being deprived of.  Anybody could objectively look at that (implied) list of grievances and see they were legit.  What legit list could Shabazz point to?  He wasn't fighting fuh no bigger cause, dem fellas and dem was only concerned with theyself.  They didn't like they lot in life and so they tried to change it by the gun.  And you want man to feel sorry fuh dem?  GTFOH

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:25 AM »

You talking shit.  Legal where... in Russia?  Point to the law or provision in the Trinidad Constitution that says it legal to dethrone a democratically elected government.  I think you watching too many African movies... Nollywood have yuh head bad.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 04:39:54 AM »

Dread you need to look up the definition of 'terrorist' before yuh start making yuhself seem so uninformed.  One of the key factors is unprovoked attacks against civilians, as a means of striking terror into the hearts of the civilian population, as a means of attacking/destabilizing the ultimate target (in most cases, the government).  George Washington never attack any civilians.  If they was raping women then they were raping their own women because there weren't too many colonists who were loyal to the King... nearly all of them were opposed.  This is why the English made such a big push to recruit blacks, Native Americans, French and German (Hessian Horsemen) mercenaries.  The rest of the British forces were shipped in from England... they didn't bring any women with them.  So again, who were these women they were allegedly raping, their own wives and daughters?  More likely we haven't heard of these rapes because they never happened.

If you want, "insurrectionist" might be a better term, and this would apply to Shabazz as well... along with rank terrorist.  It is folly to try and equate the two however, as even the most casual examination would reveal.  History has been kind to Washington, in spite of his many faults, because the cause for which he fought was noble.  However the British wanted to justify the fight, the fact of the matter is that King George was an oppressor, any how you want to define it.  People didn't have basic freedom... if yuh curious about what 'freedom' ah talking about then consult the Bill of Rights.  Those ten items didn't appear first in the Constitution because they sound nice... these were the things the Colonists were most upset about, these were the basic rights which they were being deprived of.  Anybody could objectively look at that (implied) list of grievances and see they were legit.  What legit list could Shabazz point to?  He wasn't fighting fuh no bigger cause, dem fellas and dem was only concerned with theyself.  They didn't like they lot in life and so they tried to change it by the gun.  And you want man to feel sorry fuh dem?  GTFOH
So what you saying iz, the 1970 black power movement/ coup did not produce positives that ppl of color today benfited from?

and you say king george was an oppressor, but what about the neo colonial government we had @ the time, weren't their policies one sided and oppressive as well that the ppl @ that time was forced to rise up and demand equal opportunity? 

another thing while yuh @ it, what civilians did the jammat attack in 90, or NUFF attacked in 70?  :waiting:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:46:21 AM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 04:59:23 AM »
Unlike you mister palos, i am not above being schooled on a subject, as ah matter of fact i welcome it, but could you humble yuhself and let knowledge prevail? i'm guessing no!

you would kick and buk like ah wild donkey rather than to admit short comings. so laugh all yuh want, @ least there's hope for me, the same can't be said for you though mr too proud.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 06:10:32 AM »
F00ck Jamaal Shabazz, he should dead !!!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
I agree....I read a report on risk ratings of Countries recently
A country's risk rating is used for assessing the terrorist financing and money laundering risk associated with certain financial transactions...

The coup of 1990 is one of the key reasons that Trinidad and Tobago today has such a high risk rating...the fact that these guys walk free and guys like Jamaal doing so well continue to raise red flags...

we better than that, and whatever his record maybe as a coach, I do not support him and his terrorist self

...In any other country, this man would have been in jail or dead....
whey boy!

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
True trini your analysis of our political history is on point! I believe in forgiveness though if someone shows remorse ! We still have a Commission of Enquiry into the 1990 Coup  attempt and it should be given a chance to be concluded, all findings made public and accepted recommendations on the way forward! Until then we should hold giving persons involved in the coup  this level of responsibility ! It is premature and in any event he didnot show any special talent at the last World Cup preliminaries coaching Guyana ! It was licks and more licks! 25 goals in 5 matches?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
So what you saying iz, the 1970 black power movement/ coup did not produce positives that ppl of color today benfited from?

and you say king george was an oppressor, but what about the neo colonial government we had @ the time, weren't their policies one sided and oppressive as well that the ppl @ that time was forced to rise up and demand equal opportunity? 

another thing while yuh @ it, what civilians did the jammat attack in 90, or NUFF attacked in 70?  :waiting:

You confusing things fella... you compared Shabazz to George Washington... yuh didn't compare Rex Lassalle and Raffique Shah.  Yuh didn't do it because in no way yuh could even compare what them fellas do in 1970 to what them bunch of idiat criminals do in 1991. I might disagree with the means chosen by Lassalle and Shah but they were fighting for a much nobler/higher cause beyond themselves.  They saw a situation where the politically powerful and the economically powerful sat down and brokered a de facto agreement that sought to disenfranchise the majority.  They didn't like this, but continued to play the parts of good soldiers loyal to the government.  Then Eric Williams start arresting labor unionists and Black Power leaders left and right and that send out red flags.  When Williams was ready to send in the then "Regiment" to quell legitimate protests in the streets... they realized they had to do something and so they mutinied.  Them fellas knew that the penalty for that was an appointment before the firing squad but they chose to do that in order to save the country from Williams' ego.

Remind mih again what was so wrong with the government in 1991 that the Muslimeen criminals and them had to try and overthrow it?  NUFF and Lassalle/Shah are not looked upon as traitors because like Washington their cause was noble.  Doh try and compare the Jamaat-al-Schupidees to them... please.  Yuh only making yuhself seem uneducated when yuh do that and I know yuh not uneducated, yuh other comments over the years prove that.  As for civilian victims of Abu Backside and them... Robinson was what... police?  Military?  The members of Parliament was military?  Okay, leh we say they was 'government' and not "civilian" if that is the argument yuh want to make... what of the civilian workers in the Red House who they beat and shoot... Jones P. Madeira was what, not a journalist?  Dred, Washington never shoot no government official or no journalist... yuh can't compare 1991 to 1776 or to 1970 and expect a favorable outcome.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »
While this conversation has evolved, first time ever for a SW thread?, into an interesting historical discussion the fact still remains that Shabazz has never apologized for his actions. He and his cohorts held the Prime Minister at gunpoint and subsequently the country at ransom. This is what makes him a terrorist..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »
Trinis always say "dat cyar happen here" and when the thing referred to happens they then modify their disbelief to accommodate itself. Shabazz and Warner as flagships of the Republic are iconic reminders of "it cyan happen". Kick back and relax, a lot more will happen.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 02:26:39 PM »
Trinis always say "dat cyar happen here" and when the thing referred to happens they then modify their disbelief to accommodate itself. Shabazz and Warner as flagships of the Republic are iconic reminders of "it cyan happen". Kick back and relax, a lot more will happen.

Not to mention the extreme hubris exhibited by these individuals.  As well as the blatant nonchalance and disregard for the rule of law.
Speaking of Hubris, I will take 10 Patrick Mannings over one of these cretins.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »

You confusing things fella... you compared Shabazz to George Washington... yuh didn't compare Rex Lassalle and Raffique Shah.  Yuh didn't do it because in no way yuh could even compare what them fellas do in 1970 to what them bunch of idiat criminals do in 1991. I might disagree with the means chosen by Lassalle and Shah but they were fighting for a much nobler/higher cause beyond themselves.  They saw a situation where the politically powerful and the economically powerful sat down and brokered a de facto agreement that sought to disenfranchise the majority.  They didn't like this, but continued to play the parts of good soldiers loyal to the government.  Then Eric Williams start arresting labor unionists and Black Power leaders left and right and that send out red flags.  When Williams was ready to send in the then "Regiment" to quell legitimate protests in the streets... they realized they had to do something and so they mutinied.  Them fellas knew that the penalty for that was an appointment before the firing squad but they chose to do that in order to save the country from Williams' ego.

Remind mih again what was so wrong with the government in 1991 that the Muslimeen criminals and them had to try and overthrow it?  NUFF and Lassalle/Shah are not looked upon as traitors because like Washington their cause was noble.  Doh try and compare the Jamaat-al-Schupidees to them... please.  Yuh only making yuhself seem uneducated when yuh do that and I know yuh not uneducated, yuh other comments over the years prove that.  As for civilian victims of Abu Backside and them... Robinson was what... police?  Military?  The members of Parliament was military?  Okay, leh we say they was 'government' and not "civilian" if that is the argument yuh want to make... what of the civilian workers in the Red House who they beat and shoot... Jones P. Madeira was what, not a journalist?  Dred, Washington never shoot no government official or no journalist... yuh can't compare 1991 to 1776 or to 1970 and expect a favorable outcome.
Sharks, i eh expect nothing better from yuh, and i get it, yuhs ah law man and that's where byour passion lie, fair enough.

i just want to say this though, as much as ppl may hate shabbaz and yaseen for the "dastardly ::)" thing that they did, i still maintain that it's ah thin line between an act of terror or a noble uprising, whatever the reasoning iz, it comes down to a matter of prospective.

take forinstance, you conclude that lassale and shah's intentions were honorable, but there are ppl who lived through that experience and is still alive today in trinbago who would conclude otherwise, same way you have concluded on the jammat and their attempts.

i for one have a little more knowledge on the subject bc i happened to know quite ah few fellas who was part of the jammat and still iz, and was fully involved in the mele, and from what i gather, they were very much disgruntled with ANR robinson's policy.

did you know that there was a time during the NAR's administration that the hospitals were unable to care for the sick, and ppl were dying bc of it? there was a time when there was a shortage of emergency medicine in the hospitals and a lot of ppl lost their lives in the process, there were inadequate equipment, lack of sheets, beds, and @ one time ppl were even sleeping on the floor of the POS general like in some backawall country in the baltics or in war torn africa.

in 1989 the jammat went to the UN and got help from a few nations including libya, a container of medicine and medical supplies was send to us and robinson refused to accept it, i think it came from UNICEF, and the only reason he refused with his pompus arse was bc abu bakar was the one who brokered the deal,

so ppl were sleeping on the floor of the hospital, with no sheets and no medicine, while there was containers sitting on the port with beds sheets medicine and our "beloved" prime minister refused to accept it.

ah man talk about them shooting him in his leg, they waste ah round, they shoulda put it in his dogone head. that man undid every good thing williams did to raise the standard of living in T&T.

he went to the IMF, something williams never would have even considered, so the dollar was devalued, he cut nuff government jobs to the point that every ministry was running @ a bare minimum, ppl who worked in govt jobs for yrs was retrenched with very few yrs left before they could receive a pension, as ah matter of fact, all the social programs williams implemented for sufferers he cut.

the jammat was on his long list of agendas of things to get rid of, and he had a serious hard on for the black muslim community. as we know dr williams gave the muslims that land way back in the in the late sixties early seventies, then the indian muslims moved away and left it there for the black muslim community to control.

back in 1980ies there was a lot of hostility between the police and the black muslim community, they would harass and have even known to kill muslims, one particular case was ah brother name abdul kareem, he was stabbed to death in st james on the western main road by an undercover cop and nothing came of it.

there was many confrontations between yasseen and boroughs, and only bc yasseen was a police that knew boroughs personally, and that bakar was very much in the know and could have caused problems for the murderous commissioner, that kept boroughs @ bay.

the last straw was when the government under the auspices of mr robinson himself planned to storm the jammatt with the military and kill yaseen and his key followers, but the mission was leaked to the imam and they set up a defensive which was also leaked by an informant on the inside of the jammat which lead to a stand off.

a short time later the govt came up with another scheme, the order then was to destroy the compound utterly, and the coup which was on the back burner for a later date was pushed forward.

all who runnin their mouths about terrorist this and terrorist that, don't know what de fack was taking place in the country @ the time, but instead only going by what the media divulge.

the country was in ah mess!! under the NAR trinidad experienced ah mass exodus and a serious brain drain which still affects the quality of life in dat place uptil today!

and yes, ah still waiting for the civilian attacks, as far as i know, all the women and civilian workers in the red house was released, all the places that was attacked were either the Parliament and the CID central police station head quarters which are all non civilian targets.

yes leo divines lost his life and that was unfortunate, and maybe that journalist you referred too, but they were isolated cases, and more or less collateral damage, but i doubt they were the intended targets.

BTW TTT was occupied, not bombed, and no one died there, they were only distressed, but no one was killed as a result.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:53:03 PM by just cool »

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
Just cool, I willa dress your comments when I return. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 04:50:11 PM »
Just cool, I willa dress your comments when I return. 
Just take it easy pardner, i only telling you what i know of men who was heavily involved in the ting, so don't shoot de fackin messenger, hear.

1]; } ?>