March 28, 2024, 05:39:40 PM

Author Topic: Jack Warner sons arrested?  (Read 108001 times)

truetrini

Re: Jack Warner sons arrested?
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2013, 04:47:26 PM »
http://www.tv6tnt.com/watch-live  7 pm news on Jacks sone and if dem under house arrest  lol

truetrini

« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
So fater all dat neither of the Warner boys even under house arrest?  steups

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2013, 07:15:18 PM »
Alma fater?  :D

truetrini

« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2013, 07:37:20 PM »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »
So fater all dat neither of the Warner boys even under house arrest?  steups

I find it interesting that son takes after father in the way questions are answered. Never once did he say he was not under investigation in the USA. He certainly showed he was not tagged and could leave his property, but I'm damned sure most of us faced with a camera crew and "false" accusations would say something like "I can categorically state that I am not, nor have I ever been, under arrest or the subject of investigations"

Of course, if you are innocent, you don't have to prove that your innocent, but isn't it second nature to do so? There's nothing to lose and much to gain.

House arrest is inconvenient, but having your passport confiscated is just as serious. I would imagine, given the diplomatic situation, that if I were the U.S. authorities, I would be happy to give a subject freedom of movement if I had reassurances or a bond from a foreign government, especially if I had froze the subjects bank accounts and confiscated their passport.  Just supposing  :thinking:

truetrini

« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »
how can they take someones passport without a court order? and if any of the two appeared before a judge, then that is public record...show me the money.  He was using his debit card and credit card.  I filmed the entire thing for tv6

Now in fairness I reported here that he already stated the charges were "fiction."

truetrini

« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_I_m_not__under_house__arrest_-199080491.html

'I'm not underhouse arrest'
Daryan Warner bares his ankles in Miami

By Mark Bassant CCN Senior Multimedia Investigative Journalist

Story Created: Mar 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM ECT
Story Updated: Mar 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM ECT

Daryan Warner, the eldest son of National Security Minister Jack Warner, has dismissed speculation that he is under house arrest in the United States.

However, he has steadfastly refused to comment on if he is the subject of any investigation by federal authorities there.
Warner, 47, spoke to the Express in an exclusive interview (that ran on TV6 News last night) at his penthouse suite in Miami, Florida, where we tracked him down last Wednesday.

"You want to see an ankle bracelet on, an ankle here and an ankle there. Outside I would show you I not under house arrest, but I not speaking to the media," he said, standing in the doorway to his penthouse suite, acknowledging the rumours swirling around him before the Express could pose the first question.

He raised his long, navy blue track pants above his ankles, as though to demonstrate that his movements were not restricted by a tracking bracelet—the technology frequently used by US authorities to monitor a person's whereabouts.
In the last few months there have been rumours that the son of a government minister was under house arrest in the United States. Those reports prompted the media to ask Minister Warner on February 20 whether either of his sons, Daryan or Darryl Warner, had been detained abroad.

"If you think they are detained, there is a simple way—call them and find out if you have their numbers. But I will not say anything until somebody is bold enough to print something or to say something," an indignant Warner responded.
Seeking answers to a story that continues to churn the rumour mill, the Express took the National Security Minister's offer one step further and flew to Miami last week.

We found the Warner brothers at Unit 3504 of the Skyline condominium at 2101 Brickell Avenue in Miami.
The affluent neighbourhood on the outskirts of downtown Miami is dotted with upscale hotels, financial institutions and towering condominiums.

Getting inside the Skyline condo is a challenge for visitors, with a guard booth stationed at the top of the driveway.
Visitors can only be admitted after a resident gives clearance to the 24-hour security staff.

The Express posed as prospective buyers to gain access to the luxury building.

On the 35th floor, overlooking the yachts lining the Brickell Bay waterfront, Darryl (who is said to be about 36 years old) answered the door.
He wore a sleeveless vest and a pair of shorts—with no sign of an ankle bracelet.

He told us his elder brother Daryan was at the gym on one of the building's lower floors.

The Express soon returned to the apartment after turning up empty-handed at the gym.

This time it was Daryan who answered the door. The Express started explaining to him what had brought us to his doorstep.
Despite his initial reluctance, he accommodated our questions.

Mark Bassant: You have been staying here and have no problem and you can leave the compound?

Daryan Warner: Absolutely not.

MB: You go and come as you like?

DW: You want to go for coffee?

MB: Sure, we can do that.

DW: Where you park, Mark?

Mark: I am downstairs, valet parking.

DW: Give me a few minutes to change.

Mark: I appreciate that.

DW: I not going to talk about that, but we can go PF Chang's, we could go Tootsie's, Vegas, we could go New York, California, but I not giving any comment to fuel fire.

As though to demonstrate, for a second time, that he was not under house arrest, Daryan proposed meeting in the lobby in 15 minutes.
During that time, the Express visited a vacant one-bedroom unit inside the Skyline building to get a sense of what the Warners' penthouse
spread looked like.

A captivating view of the Brickell Bay beachfront could be seen from the living room and bedroom.
"The only difference with this condo and the Warners' is that their own is a two-bedroom (unit)," a realtor pointed out to the Express.
Documents obtained through the Miami-Dade County Office of the Property Appraiser website show Darryl Warner as the owner of the top floor Skyline condo.
He purchased the property on November 1, 2006 at US$990,000—approximately TT$6.3 million.

It is one of four properties in the state of Florida owned by the younger Warner son.
Within the space of five months—between June and November last year—he purchased three other townhouses at a total cost of US$385,650 or TT$2.4 million.

Outside the most expensive of the four properties was where we resumed our meeting with Daryan Warner.

Dressed in a black short-sleeved shirt and jeans, Daryan strolled toward his metallic navy blue BMW coupe before stopping again, raising his pants legs a second time to show there was no device clamped around his ankles.

He lashed out at accusations reported by the press in Trinidad.
MB: As far as you know, there is no investigation by the FBI into your financial transactions?
DW: I can speak English, Korean and a bit of Spanish and you can ask me the same question any how you want. My response will be the same.
The Express learned that Daryan has a business in Miami called DW Property Holdings LLC, registered to the same address where he resides.
The business deals with the buying and selling of properties.

Daryan would neither confirm nor deny that he was under investigation by any US authority.

MB: There is no truth to any of the allegations brought forward in the last few months?

DW: That is not for me to determine. That is for you to print and for my representation to take any action that is necessary.

He was not as forthright when asked whether he is allowed to leave the US. He bluntly stated that topic was not up for discussion.
In tomorrow's Express: Daryan Warner laments being under scrutiny because he is a politician's son.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
how can they take someones passport without a court order? and if any of the two appeared before a judge, then that is public record...show me the money.  He was using his debit card and credit card.  I filmed the entire thing for tv6

Now in fairness I reported here that he already stated the charges were "fiction."

Ok, so that is good info. I don't understand the powers under a silent indictment or whatever it's called. As I said, I was just supposing! But why does he not just deny it, clear his name and move on?

truetrini

« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »
if there is a sealed indictment that means that the person being probed usually does not even know they are investigated.   Now they may be tipped off but that is not usually the case.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2013, 06:27:11 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2013, 06:36:03 AM »
it was interesting d lack of answers for if he could leave d states, ah straight yes, even if a boldfold lie woulda be my answer
I pity the fool....

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2013, 07:41:48 AM »
I love this!!!!

His non-answers spoke volumes ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:25 AM »
on ah side note dem fuuckas ugly boy...wais :o
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »

De apple fall right below de tree.....didn't even roll.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »

De apple fall right below de tree bat didn't fly far from de cave.....didn't even roll unfold dey wings.....

You wrong fuh callin' jack a apple tree in de first place. "Look ah fix it fuh yuh."

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2013, 09:17:17 AM »
Trinidad people real f00cking chupid sah and that TV6 fella looking like some young punk, he representing a news station.

Ankle braclets is NOT always used, number one.

It have a few...

Look one here, voice curfew is a cheaper alternative to an ankle monitor. In this system, the violator is not required to wear any sort of device on his person. Instead, he simply must have a phone line at the house and workplace at all times. At scheduled times, he will be called by the voice curfew company and will have to report in. Voice-detection technology is used to verify voice authenticity. The criminal is subject to random calling and must respond to these phone calls as well; if not, the voice curfew company will report this to authorities.

Them Warners in some shit and dont want to say it, but de truth will come out, that God they not in T&T then it was a different story.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:19:53 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2013, 09:25:47 AM »
Then, in January, the IRS found records indicating that younger son Darryl – a Miami resident and, somehow, incredibly, now a US citizen – had been dabbling in the Miami real estate market.

Specifically, he had just paid cash for four condominiums at $100,000 a pop. And since, according to their records, his reported income amounts to around $6000 a month, they were, shall we say, “curious” about where the money was coming from.

A cynic might say that this activity looks a lot like “money laundering” for the sake of Dear Old Dad back in the islands, but we’d hate to be accused of jumping to conclusions.

Reports now claim that Daryan is still in Miami under house arrest and while Darryl is not under any kind of official detention his (US) passport has been seized, making a run to the safety of T&T and Daddy’s loving arms pretty much impossible.

Up until now, reporters attempting to confirm the story have run up against a problem, namely that none of the Warner’s names and/or any charges against them show up on the PACERS system, which the criminally-inclined among you will recognize as the US Department of Justice’s official public database.

Furthermore, inquiries to various law enforcement and judicial agencies are routinely turned away with a polite but firm “we have nothing for you on that”.

Now, word is spreading that the reason is simple: the US government, and cooperating agencies worldwide, have obtained a sealed indictment against Jack Warner.

And the best part? According to T&T TV6 News, “high ranking intelligence officials in the US and Trinidad confirm that both sons are cooperating with authorities in return for a promise of leniency”.

On March 10, the Sunday T&T Guardian reported that:

“…investigation has revealed the minister’s son is under house arrest in the US and is also assisting the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with investigations. Sources say US authorities have already signaled their intention to interview the minister…

Since his son’s detention, local sources say, the minister has not traveled to the US. The investigations, sources say, have so far centred on money-laundering, fraud and tax evasion.”

Jack is, of course, defiant and issued a clear threat to sue the crap out of anyone bold enough to publish the story:

This has led to some odd contortions from local media. For example, THIS REPORT from TV6 News which covers the story but does not mention either son’s name.

My favorite is this one from The Guardian where the reporters says he talked on the phone to “the 45-year-old son of a senior government minister.”

It’s worth noting that the formerly globe-trotting Warner recently declined an invitation to attend a major international conference on Caribbean crime, which was to be attended by among other the Attorney General of the US. He said he had to stay home in order to monitor local crime.

Uh huh.

There’s much more to come as the facts continue to leak out, but for us here I wanted to add a sad, frustrating, infuriating postscript to the story about the purloined soccer complex:

The most recent improvement at the facility – now called “Jack Warner’s Center of Excellence” by the locals – was a full sized artificial turf field, paid for with US$600,000 in FIFA Goal Program funds in 2005 (note that Havelange, who supposedly “gifted” the place to Warner, left office in 1998).

http://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/bill-archer/2013/03/19/jack-warner-man-of-action-losing-traction/

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »
Jack Warner Doesn't Want the World to Know About Trinidad's Drug Murders

http://www.vice.com/en_se/read/a-trinidadian-minister-wants-to-cover-up-murder-statistics

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »
Bill Archer is a f**king tool... we still waiting for his expose on Chuck Blazer.  Jack Warner is a convenient target because he from the "third world" and as such automatically corruptible... but Americans like that fat f**k Blazer is a 'whistleblowing hero'.  GTFOH

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_I_m_not__under_house__arrest_-199080491.html

Documents obtained through the Miami-Dade County Office of the Property Appraiser website show Darryl Warner as the owner of the top floor Skyline condo.
He purchased the property on November 1, 2006 at US$990,000—approximately TT$6.3 million.

It is one of four properties in the state of Florida owned by the younger Warner son.
Within the space of five months—between June and November last year—he purchased three other townhouses at a total cost of US$385,650 or TT$2.4 million.

Interesting. Where dat piece of money coulda come from in November 2006?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »
Trinidad people real f00cking chupid sah and that TV6 fella looking like some young punk, he representing a news station.

Ankle braclets is NOT always used, number one.

It have a few...

Look one here, voice curfew is a cheaper alternative to an ankle monitor. In this system, the violator is not required to wear any sort of device on his person. Instead, he simply must have a phone line at the house and workplace at all times. At scheduled times, he will be called by the voice curfew company and will have to report in. Voice-detection technology is used to verify voice authenticity. The criminal is subject to random calling and must respond to these phone calls as well; if not, the voice curfew company will report this to authorities.

Them Warners in some shit and dont want to say it, but de truth will come out, that God they not in T&T then it was a different story.

Does this mean that this system has a way of overriding the call-forwarding feature on said phone line or does the law require the person under house arrest to have a phone line with NO fetaures other than to just Xmit and/or receive calls? 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2013, 10:37:46 AM »

Interesting. Where dat piece of money coulda come from in November 2006?

"Adidas".....for starters?

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
Part two of the TV 6 story on now......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2013, 02:44:02 AM »
SEALED LIPS
Daryan Warner silent on burning questions in Miami

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/SEALED_LIPS-199284121.html

By Mark Bassant CCN Senior Multimedia Investigative Journalist
Story Created: Mar 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM ECT
Story Updated: Mar 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM ECT

Daryan Warner, the eldest son of National Security Minister Jack Warner, has shied away from answering burning questions on rumours that started flying since last November.

The question he has however answered outrightly is whether he is under house arrest in the United States. He has denied it and lifted his pants to show he is not wearing an ankle bracelet that would have tracked his movements.

He is adamant he is in no way restricted from moving around, but is he allowed to leave the US?
Is he the subject of any investigation by US authorities?
He is silent on these questions.

Warner was content to prove to the Express that he was certainly not limited to the confines of the Skyline condo building in Miami, Florida, when we visited him last week.

And so he left in his BMW coupe as he agreed to meet the Express at PF Chang's, a restaurant, ten minutes away.
On arrival, Warner instead opted to visit a neighbouring bar. He calmly sauntered in and ordered a beer.
Leaning against the bar, Warner told the Express if people were so interested in tracking his movements, they could have checked his credit card activity.

There has been an air of secrecy and mystery regarding what transpired—if anything at all—in Trinidad or in the US last year. That is when the rumour mill started churning.

For months, the Express has been attempting to collate solid information with supporting documents to verify rumours that were circulating. But hard, cold, documented facts were hard to come by.

The reports that have floated to the top emanate from high-ranking intelligence sources here in Trinidad and the United States—but so far, the media have no proof.

Talk about financial transactions and other questionable dealings were not up for discussion with Daryan Warner, but he did say he felt the spotlight was unfairly targeted on him because of his father, Jack Warner.

"I am not a politician; for me to open an options trading account in the US, you have to declare, you have to go to compliance because my family member is a politician. What is the deal? You get rejected 90 per cent of the time. If my father wants to serve the country, work with people in Trinidad and Tobago, what does that have to do with me? Why am I accountable to anybody?" he asked.

Yesterday, we contacted Minister Warner who, in a dismissive tone, said: "Mr Bassant, I am not talking to you and I am not talking to anybody at TV6."

Daryan, speaking to the Express in Miami last week, said all the allegations were adversely affecting some of his family members because of his job.

"You went by my ex-wife about a week and a half ago; you're doing your job and I am happy for you, but why should my ex-wife and kids be under duress because my father is a politician?"

Local media reports have speculated about a sealed indictment in the US.

A sealed indictment is usually issued by a judge presiding over felony cases. A judge can order an indictment to be sealed and demand that it be kept secret until a specified time.

Only those responsible for issuing a warrant against a suspect are made aware of an indictment while it is sealed.

The Express spoke to an official inside the records department of the US Federal Court in the Southern District of Florida.

He explained that an indictment may be sealed to avoid tipping off the defendant or if the defendant has a case pending.

Another case scenario that can occur, the official explained, is if the defendant co-operates with the government's prosecution of others who may be defendants in the same case or defendants in cases with other case numbers, then the case may remain sealed because of co-operation.

Sealed indictments are becoming more popular as part of one of the broadest initiatives the US government has undertaken because of US taxpayers' use of offshore accounts to hide taxable income.

Mark Berman, a federal defence attorney in New York, told the Express yesterday there is also the likelihood that the individual's name will appear in court records, but the information on the docket will not be revealed.

"If a defendant is arrested, they get in front of a judge. They get to see the indictment. It stays sealed on the docket but not publicly available, and there will be an indication on the docket, you know the indictment is sealed and then eventually, the government makes a motion to unseal the indictment," he said.

During our time at the court, the Express carried out a name search with respect to the Warners, but nothing appeared.

Berman told the Express in some cases, the entire indictment may be sealed—and not even the judge's name is known.

A trip to the Trinidad and Tobago Consulate in Miami to find out if they had any information about any Trinidadian nationals having their passports seized or being detained for any reason by US authorities within the last three months bore little fruit.

A senior official who later spoke to us said there was protocol in place under the Vienna Convention for US authorities to notify the Consulate when nationals are detained. However, they are not at liberty to discuss such matters with the media or public.

That is the key to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar getting full knowledge of the real story here, according to Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley—through government-to-government relationships.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2013, 03:18:33 AM »
He hiding something.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2013, 04:09:53 AM »
Woo hoo! The media made it to Miami ... finally!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2013, 12:04:50 PM »
This bordering on harrassment.  I fail to see what national concerns are implicated here.  Warner gave the media much more time that I would have.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »
This bordering on harrassment.  I fail to see what national concerns are implicated here.  Warner gave the media much more time that I would have.
Umm... Possible money laundering by a government minister using the Treasury and/or TTFF funds with the help of close family member(s). It should damn well be of national concern  >:(... Trinis take too much crap!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2013, 01:37:47 PM »

Don't exaggerate (as to the bold). Ah know what yuh saying buh yuh starting to sound like he's yuh client. (I say that with no malice).

If yuh view the situation through his lens, it's appreciable why he extended the media the time he did. Perhaps he would have been better served to use an intermediary ... but he wanted to dispel a certain view (in person) and he eagerly bared his ankles ... seeking to create a shift in perception.

He also had a very decided view of what he wanted to share:

"You went by my ex-wife about a week and a half ago; you're doing your job and I am happy for you, but why should my ex-wife and kids be under duress because my father is a politician?"

To get what he wanted across, he suffered an intrusion he would have preferred not to have happened. 

It's "funny" because while he's not a public figure in the US, I think there are some making the case that he's a public figure in Trinidad & Tobago.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:39:58 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>