March 28, 2024, 04:08:19 PM

Author Topic: Jack Warner sons arrested?  (Read 107993 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner sons arrested?
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2013, 01:40:15 PM »
This part here is right out of JW's playbook:

DW: That is not for me to determine. That is for you to print and for my representation to take any action that is necessary.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »
I don't have to bet. I know the address. ;).

I stand by this post.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
Umm... Possible money laundering by a government minister using the Treasury and/or TTFF funds with the help of close family member(s). It should damn well be of national concern  >:(... Trinis take too much crap!!!

You and yuh little vex smiley face need to stop talking shit.  You don't know me or know what I know to be assuming that I taking "too much crap".  If there is money laundering by "a government minister" then the inquiries should be made to said government minister.

This bordering on harrassment.  I fail to see what national concerns are implicated here.  Warner gave the media much more time that I would have.

Don't exaggerate (as to the bold). Ah know what yuh saying buh yuh starting to sound like he's yuh client. (I say that with no malice).

If yuh view the situation through his lens, it's appreciable why he extended the media the time he did. Perhaps he would have been better served to use an intermediary ... but he wanted to dispel a certain view (in person) and he eagerly bared his ankles ... seeking to create a shift in perception.

He also had a very decided view of what he wanted to share:

"You went by my ex-wife about a week and a half ago; you're doing your job and I am happy for you, but why should my ex-wife and kids be under duress because my father is a politician?"

To get what he wanted across, he suffered an intrusion he would have preferred not to have happened. 

It's "funny" because while he's not a public figure in the US, I think there are some making the case that he's a public figure in Trinidad & Tobago.

Your analysis... unsurprisingly enough, is deficient.  The language I used was both precise and particular... this is bordering on harrassment... I didn't say it was absolute harassment.  There is no exaggeration, certainly not with regards to the harrying of the ex-wife and kids.  He likely "suffered an intrusion" in effort to put to rest the questioning of his extended family and associates, but whatever his mindset I did not need an explanation. I offered my own personal perspective on what I would have done, I did not exhibit confusion or lack of appreciation for his motives.  Your explanations are noted, but not necessary.

As for whether some view Daryan/Daryll Warner as a public figure... that is immaterial to the question of the implication of national concern.  There is a tenuous link thru his father, which is where the inquiry properly belongs.  If there is any wrongdoing on his part he did so in the capacity of a private citizen and as such owes no accounting to the media, in his position I would have been much more dismissive of the questioning, hence my original statement.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2013, 06:46:37 PM »
Your analysis... unsurprisingly enough, is deficient.  The language I used was both precise and particular... this is bordering on harrassment... I didn't say it was absolute harassment.  There is no exaggeration, certainly not with regards to the harrying of the ex-wife and kids.  He likely "suffered an intrusion" in effort to put to rest the questioning of his extended family and associates, but whatever his mindset I did not need an explanation. I offered my own personal perspective on what I would have done, I did not exhibit confusion or lack of appreciation for his motives.   Your explanations are noted, but not necessary.

As for whether some view Daryan/Daryll Warner as a public figure... that is immaterial to the question of the implication of national concern.  There is a tenuous link thru his father, which is where the inquiry properly belongs.  If there is any wrongdoing on his part he did so in the capacity of a private citizen and as such owes no accounting to the media, in his position I would have been much more dismissive of the questioning, hence my original statement.

Save the pedagogical adventure for someone who needs it.

I bolded "[t]his bordering on harassment", and did so referring to that specific wording recognizing that you had narrowed it artfully. (That you were not referring to absolute harassment was obvious from the context and from the Express' record of events).

A case can be made that "bordering on harassment" constitutes exaggeration. I chose consciously not to develop that line of reasoning ... hence my comments were not comprehensive ... and hence why I stated "ah know what yuh saying". However, a contrary case is also fathomable. Depending on my relationship to the matter, I could posit either contention.

Whether you needed an explanation or not is irrelevant ... and, notably, I didn't provide one. What I did provide was a reflection of my thoughts and perspectives absent any concern with explanation. Who here is bound by your prescriptions, your hubris or your ego? Certainly, I am not. You offered a personal perspective on what you would have done, and I no where challenged the core of that perspective. Indeed, I merely built on it by way of reflection with my perspective.

People thought to be engaged in dubious conduct are subject to media scrutiny everyday ... regardless of "national concern". In any event, note I didn't assert that he was a public figure, I merely commented on what I see as an evolving position being taken by DW vis-a-vis his quest to be treated "privately". I like his posture on this. I don't think it's sustainable, but I like it.

(Incidentally, whether the link to his father is tenuous or not has not been determined).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:55:02 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »
Slightly off topic but Bassant made the full rounds while in Florida.

In part 3 of his trip he went to look for Calder Hart

Hart declined to appear on camera but in summary he confirmed that if charges are brought against him he will come to Trinidad to answer any such charges.

We still waiting on the AG to bring up charges against him though.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »

Save the pedagogical adventure for someone who needs it.

I bolded "[t]his bordering on harassment", and did so referring to that specific wording recognizing that you had narrowed it artfully. (That you were not referring to absolute harassment was obvious from the context and from the Express' record of events).

A case can be made that "bordering on harassment" constitutes exaggeration. I chose consciously not to develop that line of reasoning ... hence my comments were not comprehensive ... and hence why I stated "ah know what yuh saying". However, a contrary case is also fathomable. Depending on my relationship to the matter, I could posit either contention.

Whether you needed an explanation or not is irrelevant ... and, notably, I didn't provide one. What I did provide was a reflection of my thoughts and perspectives absent any concern with explanation. Who here is bound by your prescriptions, your hubris or your ego? Certainly, I am not. You offered a personal perspective on what you would have done, and I no where challenged the core of that perspective. Indeed, I merely built on it by way of reflection with my perspective.

People thought to be engaged in dubious conduct are subject to media scrutiny everyday ... regardless of "national concern". In any event, note I didn't assert that he was a public figure, I merely commented on what I see as an evolving position being taken by DW vis-a-vis his quest to be treated "privately". I like his posture on this. I don't think it's sustainable, but I like it.

(Incidentally, whether the link to his father is tenuous or not has not been determined).

Heal thyself...  :beermug:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2013, 06:50:01 AM »
Umm... Possible money laundering by a government minister using the Treasury and/or TTFF funds with the help of close family member(s). It should damn well be of national concern  >:(... Trinis take too much crap!!!

You and yuh little vex smiley face need to stop talking shit.  You don't know me or know what I know to be assuming that I taking "too much crap".  If there is money laundering by "a government minister" then the inquiries should be made to said government minister.

I'm sure you know what is a logical fallacy. "Argumentum ad Hominem - the evasion of the actual topic by directing the attack at your opponent." In other words leave my smiley face and communication method out of this. Why should inquiries only be made to said government minister when there are potential accomplices? A man like you should know better than this.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2013, 10:03:38 AM »
Lawd ha mercy...feel like I am back in school reading these threads....

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2013, 01:41:06 PM »
Reuters report: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/27/us-usa-fbi-soccer-idUSBRE92Q11820130327  :beermug:

EDIT: Full article

Exclusive: FBI has cooperating witness for soccer fraud probe: sources
By Mark Hosenball
WASHINGTON | Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:07pm EDT

(Reuters) - An FBI probe into alleged corruption in international soccer has recently intensified after investigators persuaded a key party to be a cooperating witness, U.S. law enforcement sources said.

They said that the witness is Daryan Warner, the son of former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner. The sources declined to further discuss the role of Daryan Warner, who could not be reached for comment.

They also would not say who might be charged, if anybody, or when. While the exact scope of the investigation is not clear, among the matters under scrutiny are two previously reported allegations involving Jack Warner, who is currently national security minister in his native Trinidad and Tobago.

The deepening of the probe indicates that a succession of corruption scandals involving FIFA and other international soccer bodies in the past few years may continue to cast a cloud over the sport for some time.

Jack Warner was formerly head of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), as well as previously being one of a number of vice-presidents of FIFA, soccer's global governing body. He has not been charged with any wrongdoing.

Since at least the summer of 2011, the FBI has been examining more than $500,000 in payments made by the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) over the past 20 years to an offshore company headed by top U.S. soccer official Chuck Blazer. That was a period during which Jack Warner was also head of the CFU, a position he held from the early 1980s until 2011.

The precise reasons for many of those payments is unclear. In 2011, Blazer said that the payments were meant to be repayments to him by Warner of "a significant amount of money" which Blazer said he loaned to Warner in 2004. Warner told the media in Trinidad that the payments were above board.

The Internal Revenue Service has joined in the investigation, which is looking into potential violations of U.S. tax laws and of U.S. anti-fraud statutes, including laws prohibiting wire fraud and mail fraud, law enforcement sources said.

"It's shaping up like a major case," one U.S. official familiar with the matter said.

In a telephone interview from Trinidad, Francis Joseph, a spokesman for Jack Warner, said that neither Jack nor Daryan Warner would have any comment on the investigation. "Nobody will speak to you about that," Joseph told Reuters.

In 2011, Jack Warner told the Parliament of Trinidad: "I will hold my head high to the very end. I am not guilty of a single iota of wrongdoing."

Daryan Warner was first interviewed by the FBI late last year after flying to the United States, a U.S. official said.

PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE

Jack Warner quit his FIFA and CONCACAF positions in June 2011 in the wake of allegations of bribery in a report by a lawyer commissioned by Blazer, a member of FIFA's executive committee and former general secretary of CONCACAF.

The report alleged that Warner collaborated with another FIFA vice president at the time, Mohamed Bin Hammam of Qatar, to bribe Caribbean soccer officials so that they would back a bid by Bin Hammam to become FIFA's president. Bin Hammam and Warner both have repeatedly denied wrongdoing.

Bin Hammam's U.S. lawyer, Eugene Gulland, said that while he had heard that U.S. authorities were investigating CONCACAF issues, Bin Hammam had not been contacted about the probe.

When Warner resigned his FIFA position, the organization declared that "the presumption of innocence is maintained" in his case. Spokespeople for the FBI and IRS had no comment on the investigation.

Blazer, who has announced he will not seek re-election as the U.S. member of FIFA's executive committee and will leave the position in May, said in a telephone interview that he had been advised by lawyers not to make any further comment. "I can't say anything at all," Blazer said.

Bin Hamman was banned for life from all FIFA and soccer activities in 2011 for trying to bribe soccer officials in the Caribbean in the run-up to the election. His ban was subsequently overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on the grounds that while it was "more likely than not" that he was the source of cash distributed by Warner "it is a situation of case not proven."

The ban was then reinstated in December last year for a separate matter concerning "conflicts of interest" while he was president of the Asian Football Confederation.

At one point recently, investigators from the FBI and the IRS traveled to the Caribbean and interviewed a witness regarding the alleged cash payoffs for more than two and a half hours, said a person who was in recent contact with the witness.

Andrew Jennings, a British journalist and author of the book "Foul! The Secret World of FIFA: Bribes, Vote Rigging and Ticket Scandals," said he has had several meetings with FBI investigators working on the case and provided the FBI and IRS with what Jennings describes as confidential documents he obtained related to payments from soccer organization funds to offshore bank accounts.

A law enforcement source confirmed that investigators had held discussions with Jennings.

In an email, FIFA's media department said the Swiss-based organization was "unaware" of any FBI investigation related to the Americas and Caribbean.

The New York-based FBI squad which is conducting the soccer investigation is a squad that specializes in "Eurasian Organized Crime." It is unclear why this particular squad is involved in the probe.

(Additional reporting by John Shiffman in Washington; Editing by Martin Howell and Claudia Parsons)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:41:46 PM by Flex »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
Your move Kamla.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »
Your move Kamla.

right now kamla lock sheself in d toilet shittin bricks..

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
Things is begining to fall apart is just a matter of time.

Mamalar take a drink gul one, two or maybe three  :beermug:

And Jack while you at it PNM cause that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:16:42 PM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
This is the most embarrassing story I've ever read about T&T.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
De bouncing start, De bouncing start :banginghead:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2013, 03:07:58 PM »
Me eh kno what or why allyuh working up allyuhself for.

Is only so much day could run until night ketch him.

Right...so.....wha time is sunset?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »
Your move Kamla.

I was telling my father last night something coming. I hearing too much random almost trivial snippets of comess...like is a diversionary tactic. The "rogue media elements" ting just come outta no where....and now we see why.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »
Your move Kamla.

I was telling my father last night something coming. I hearing too much random almost trivial snippets of comess...like is a diversionary tactic. The "rogue media elements" ting just come outta no where....and now we see why.

she would say it hav rogue elements in Reuteurs

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2013, 03:19:33 PM »
Kamla met the FBI boss last month and the US Attorney General at the CARICOM meeting in Haiti.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »
Jennings: What I told the FBI about the FIFA crooks (Wired868)
http://www.wired868.com/2013/03/27/jennings-what-i-told-the-fbi-about-the-fifa-crooks/  :beermug:

EDIT: Full article from Jennings' Transparency in Sport Blog
http://transparencyinsportblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/what-i-told-the-fbi-about-the-fifa-crooks/

Transparency in Sport News
What I told the FBI about the FIFA crooks
March 27, 2013 · by Andrew Jennings

THE REVELATION that the FBI is investigating FIFA should bring an end to three decades of institutional corruption, personified in recent times by President Sepp Blatter. I have been talking with Special Agents from the Organised Crime and Racketeering Section of the Department of Justice in Washington and with an FBI Organised Crime squad from New York since they contacted me seeking evidence nearly three years ago.

Law enforcement sources in New York and Washington confirmed today that they are investigating “a major case” involving allegations of corruption at FIFA. The probe is into allegations of fraud and bribery. It began in the North, Central American and Caribbean regional football confederation but the money trail leads back to FIFA’s HQ in Zurich, Switzerland. Unofficial sources have confirmed that Daryan Warner, eldest son of disgraced former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner of Trinidad, has become a co-operating witness with the FBI probe. Warner jnr has been resident in Florida for the last two months and clearly is not free to leave America. It has yet to be divulged what evidence the FBI have on him but it is likely to be substantial and enough to make him break family confidences in return for serving less jail time.

Daryan Warner was always the ‘back office’ money-man organising the laundering and concealment of bribes and profits from every kind of illicit football activity by his father – siphoning off grants, dealing in World Cup tickets and pocketing substantial bribes from countries hoping to host the World Cup. Warner frequently worked in concert with fellow FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer from New York.

The FIFA career of Jack Warner began to unravel in May 2011 when he was caught with $1 million in bribes, in envelopes each containing $40,000 in cash, for distributing to Caribbean football associations. The aim was to persuade them to vote for Qatar’s Mohamed Bin Hammam who was contesting the FIFA presidency against incumbent Sepp Blatter. Blazer ‘ratted’ on Warner to FIFA but was himself soon engulfed in documented corruption allegations

Where will the FBI investigation go next? For a start, they are not alone. For 18 months there have been parallel investigations by America’s tax authorities, the Internal Revenue Service. The secret probes range from Port of Spain to Trump Tower to Cayman, Paradise Island to Miami, Zurich to Zug and much further to the Gulf. They have co-operated with police in London and Switzerland.

The industrial-scale thieving of Warner and Blazer is woven into the fabric of FIFA. Repeatedly, the gruesome duo were encouraged to plunder grants and World Cup tickets. In return they delivered votes to keep Blatter in power. Football lovers must dream that the G-Men will find reasons to extend their investigations into Issa Hayatou’s African empire and the rest of FIFA.

As the FBI spreads its net, FIFA officials in Zurich should be seeking advice from their personal lawyers about what to say if the Feds come knocking. If they have handled corrupt payments authorised by Blatter or General Secretary Jerome Valcke, they may find it wise to followDaryan Warner’s example and become collaborating witnesses rather than risk extradition and jail.

Honest FIFA staff could volunteer more names. It would be unfair if only Warner and Blazer were held to account for the looting of FIFA. At any time in recent years up to half the FIFA ExCo were involved in dubious activities. The remainder, well-rewarded by Blatter with big fees, expenses and fistfuls of World Cup tickets, looked the other way, unwilling to hold their colleagues to account.

The FBI is also showing interest in the dubious decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar. The Agents have acquired some very specific information – but that topic must be left for the moment. Another group of investigators, working alongside the FBI, is looking at one other big-ticket FIFA decision.

Following the disclosures in 2010 by journalists at Sunday Times Insight and BBC Panorama of corruption at the highest level of FIFA Blatter should have been evicted from power and his personal financial dealings probed. Instead he was allowed to get away with announcing ‘independent’ investigations, controlled by him.

These may now be irrelevant. Former US prosecutor Michael Garcia, selected by Blatter, promises to tell us soon what we already know about the $100 million kickbacks from ISL to ExCo members and Blatter’s involvement. The governance reforms suggested by Swiss professor Mark Pieth, also appointed by Blatter and now mostly ignored, are fizzling out.

The FBI investigations, combined with endless corruption scandals in Brazil, threatens the success of next year’s World Cup. In November 2010 I revealed in a BBC Panorama programme that Ricardo Teixeira, boss of Brazilian football, a member of the FIFA ExCo and former son-in-law of Joao Havelange, had trousered at least $10 million in contract kickbacks at FIFA. Eventually, a year ago, he was forced out of FIFA and Brazilian football.

It gets worse. Teixeira’s successor at the Brazilian federation, José Maria Marin, is implicated in the murder by the military dictatorship in 1975 of a former BBC journalist. In recent days Brazilian media has obtained tapes of Marin discussing dirty deals in football. The new chair of the Congressional Sports and Tourism Committee, former footballer Romario, has called for Marin to be jailed. Brazilians are becoming restless at the FIFA ripoffs, expected to pay the vast bill for staging the World Cup while watching a record $5 billion profit disappear back to Zurich.

Sao Paulo cops, investigating the theft of confidential government information, raided the home of Marco Polo Del Nero, Teixeira’s successor at FIFA’s ExCo, in November. Del Nero, 70, claimed he was checking his 28- year-old model girlfriend Carolina Galan was not being unfaithful.

SINCE CHRISTMAS the bloggers of Trinidad have been shouting to the world that Daryan Warner, son of Jack, had been arrested at Miami airport carrying a bag of cash. Depending who you read, it started at $100,000 and escalated as high as $750,000. Some said that Jack’s other son, Daryl Warner was also detained. In early March the cautious mainstream Trinidad media, despite threats from Jack Warner, began publishing stories about ‘the son of a Cabinet member’ under arrest in Miami, accused of money laundering.

Now they are vindicated. One by-product of the scandal may be to terminate the increasingly absurd administration of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. Despite Warner hurriedly quitting FIFA ahead of corruption investigations she appointed him to take charge of the police (yes, really) and the army (Yes!) and has denied for weeks knowing about the arrest of Daryan.

Because Warner spent millions of dollars buying success at the polls for her UNC party Kamla has given him a free hand to persecute opponents and appoint incompetent loyalists to well-paid government jobs. The latest disclosures in corrupt Trinidad politics is that Warner has secretly created his own tax-payer funded squad of Ton Ton Macoutes.

If the Feds decide to extradite Warner they face a tough task. If he surrounds himself with cops and soldiers the squad that took out Bin Laden may be needed.

THE NEXT VICTIM of the FBI investigation may be the Financial Times newspaper. It runs business conferences and has just announced a ‘Business of Football Summit‘ in Rio in June.  Top of the bill will be FIFA president Blatter.

It will be embarrassing if Blatter turns up and equally bad if he is detained elsewhere. And it’s an altogether strange affair. In the shadows, available to FT clients, will be lurking a dark arts operative who boasts of hacking bank accounts and phones.

Organising the event for the FT at the Copacabana Palace hotel is Zurich-based company International Football Arena who stage footie conferences where uncritical reporters, club owners and potential sponsors pay to mingle with Blatter. His PR-man Peter Hargitay does the introductions and his son Stevie does meet ‘n’ greet at the front door.

On the FT conference website Stevie is listed as ‘Sponsorship contact.’ On his Twitter account Stevie describes himself as a ‘Cunning Linguist‘ – whatever that means – and movie producer. The latest Hargitay epic, Chicks dig Gay Guys - with added artistic nudity – has been scheduled for release for the last two years. A screening may be part of the Rio entertainment. The movie message is, pretend to be a male homosexual and the ‘chicks’ strip off fast. The FT provides for every need.

Chairing the conference is FT Sports Correspondent Roger Blitz who has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ask Keynote speaker Blatter to come clean about the FBI investigation and how $100 million in contract kickbacks from a marketing company was laundered through Liechtenstein to FIFA’s leaders.

On a more personal level, Blitz could inquire, did Blatter’s heart miss a beat on March 3, 1997 when he discovered a one million Swiss Francs bribe to Rio resident and former FIFA president Joao Havelange being laundered through a FIFA account?

Blitz could also invite the shifty Peter Hargitay to reveal to the 200-strong audience the names of the FIFA officials he planned to bribe with the £4 million he asked the English FA to give him to win their bid to host the World Cup. The Swiss-Hungarian conman could also entertain with tales of his seven months banged up in Miami before being cleared of cocaine trafficking.

As the bribes scandal began to take off in 2002, Blatter hired Peter Hargitay to poison the wells of English journalism. Hargitay boasts that he can divert reporters from clients’ problems. He did a great job in London. The sports news reporters universally ignored the ISL scandal.

The IFA conference organisers can be found in a modest Zurich villa in Lavaterstrasse.  Under the same roof is one of Hargitay’s many businesses, private detective agency AB Investigations, where he has been billed as a Managing Partner.

ABI promises clients ‘government-level surveillance,’ and ‘special covert operation assignments’ and where needed, ‘physical intervention on behalf of corporate clients.’ A previous Hargitay business at this address promised it could hack bank accounts. Is this the kind of service the FT is offering its customers?

IT’S BEEN A LONG WAIT for the Feds to make their move. A meeting with Special Agents at Birmingham New Street station in November 2011 had to be aborted. Another time tickets were reserved for a big game at Wembley – some of the G-men are serious football fans – but that trip was cancelled. In the years that we communicated I handed over documents proving that FIFA leaders had received kickbacks on contracts and pointed them to sources with firsthand knowledge. We engaged in lengthy phone calls and exchanged maybe 100 emails.

After I told them about confidential information available in Switzerland they contacted Swiss criminal authorities under the Mutual Assistance Treaty. During a conference in Miami in 2010, where I addressed law enforcement officials about FIFA corruption and the evidence that FIFA operated as an Organised Crime Family, I had discussions with a senior IRS counsel. Prior to this widely advertised conference the organisers and I were threatened by FIFA lawyers.

The last time I met face to face with the FBI was in a private office close to their London embassy in the week before the London Olympics. Again, I was able to give them crucial documents.

Later they told me that one of the documents was ‘particularly useful for their purposes.’ This was a list of bribes implicating several leading FIFA officials. They promised that ‘while the judicial process may seem glacial, things are ‘progressing.’

The IOC could face embarrassment. After I revealed in a November 2010 BBC Panorama programme that Havelange had taken bribes at FIFA, the IOC began the process that forced the old crook to resign. But they shied away from the unequivocal evidence that Blatter handled the bribe that shamed Havelange. Will they now crank up a Blatter investigation before the FBI do it for them?

For the last two years, while Blatter has been persuading gullible journalists to publish uplifting stories about his “roadmap for reform,” investigators from Federal agencies in Washington and New York have been assembling evidence of corruption in World Cup voting.

The possibility of a re-run of both the 2018 and 2022 votes cannot be ruled out. If bribery can be proved on one vote, it taints the other. One problem staging a new vote could be that some senior FIFA officials may be reluctant to leave their own countries, fearing they may be named in sealed indictments in New York and be arrested as they transit through airports. This happened during the 1999 Salt Lake scandal at the IOC. When an American government official turned up in Lausanne surrounded by armed US Marshalls some IOC members feared they would be arrested and shipped to the Utah dungeons.

Blatter’s choreographed FIFA Congress in Mauritius at the end of May looks shaky. If the Feds are working in the background, its hard to take this expensive reward to the Blatter faithful seriously. If he is free to attend, Blatter will pretend all is well, the Feds are just a blip. He’s staging it in a location too expensive for most foreign and experienced media. If he’s not free to attend, the consequences are too wonderful to predict at this time.

The English FA will soon appoint a new chairman. Will Greg Dyke be the man to stand up, shout ‘stinking fish’ and demand genuine reform?

Additional research: Karrie Kehoe
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:37:10 PM by boss »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
Kamla met the FBI boss last month and the US Attorney General at the CARICOM meeting in Haiti.

Leh we not insinuate... was it a casual meeting or did they interview her specifically related to this? 

At any rate, there's a chance that Jack might tangentially be implicated in some wire-fraud thing, parsing thru all of this... but it seems that Blazer (and tax evasion) might be the real target of the probe.  Before Asylumseeker come saying some kinda assness about me defending Jack/Daryan... I just preaching caution so that people doh get they hopes up.  If de mark buss and Jack emerges unscathed/with a slap on the wrist, be ready for that, because it is a distinct possibility.

-------------

As for Jennings... steups.  Take all that ranting with a grain of salt.

He starting to sound as madcap and conspiratorial as Trinidad's resident football expert, Football Supporter.  Must be something about the English cow milk they drink as children.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »
I just preaching caution so that people doh get they hopes up.  If de mark buss and Jack emerges unscathed/with a slap on the wrist, be ready for that, because it is a distinct possibility.

I am not a lawyer, but I would suggest we curb or allyuh curb your enthusiam

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »
I just preaching caution so that people doh get they hopes up.  If de mark buss and Jack emerges unscathed/with a slap on the wrist, be ready for that, because it is a distinct possibility.

I am not a lawyer, but I would suggest we curb or allyuh curb your enthusiam

I would tend to agree with this. De fact that they had enough leverage to engineer a plea deal is wha have me cautious. Jack eh taking nuttin else but something that would allow him to beat dis.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2013, 04:27:07 PM »
Good, waiting to see how this unfolds.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
I would tend to agree with this. De fact that they had enough leverage to engineer a plea deal is wha have me cautious. Jack eh taking nuttin else but something that would allow him to beat dis.

Not a plea deal... 'cooperation' at this point.  They may not have enough to engineer a plea as you put it, but might be enough to convince the cooperating witness that he could be facing trial.  Some might agree to cooperate rather than undergo the risk, cost and embarrassment of trial... even if they know they could get off in the end.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2013, 04:57:46 PM »
he jus a cooperating witness according to TV6 more to come
I pity the fool....

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »
How come Jack Horner did not jump out his box yet.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

truetrini

« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2013, 06:17:26 PM »

Ent ah told you it was coming and it was international...like yuh forget  lol  More to come...much more to come.  Word is some other minister (s) involved but ah eh see nutten concrete as yet....but more to come.

truetrini

« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=51176.690

21st MaRCH  lol   more to come f**king more to come!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Jack Warner sons arrested?
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2013, 06:36:31 PM »

Ent ah told you it was coming and it was international...like yuh forget  lol  More to come...much more to come.  Word is some other minister (s) involved but ah eh see nutten concrete as yet....but more to come.

You was the first person that come to mind when is see the story. Ah waiting patiently.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:51:02 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2013, 06:42:41 PM »

Your was the first person that come to mind when is see the story. Ah waiting patiently.

Yeah, I know a few things...I initially assisted Mark Bassant but he is ah asshole..f**k he....real reporters on this now...

1]; } ?>