March 28, 2024, 07:02:44 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner sons arrested?  (Read 107969 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner sons arrested?
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2013, 07:25:31 PM »
Kamla met the FBI boss last month and the US Attorney General at the CARICOM meeting in Haiti.

Leh we not insinuate... was it a casual meeting or did they interview her specifically related to this? 

At any rate, there's a chance that Jack might tangentially be implicated in some wire-fraud thing, parsing thru all of this... but it seems that Blazer (and tax evasion) might be the real target of the probe.  Before Asylumseeker come saying some kinda assness about me defending Jack/Daryan... I just preaching caution so that people doh get they hopes up.  If de mark buss and Jack emerges unscathed/with a slap on the wrist, be ready for that, because it is a distinct possibility.

-------------

As for Jennings... steups.  Take all that ranting with a grain of salt.

He starting to sound as madcap and conspiratorial as Trinidad's resident football expert, Football Supporter.  Must be something about the English cow milk they drink as children.

:rotfl:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »
Umm... Possible money laundering by a government minister using the Treasury and/or TTFF funds with the help of close family member(s). It should damn well be of national concern  >:(... Trinis take too much crap!!!

You and yuh little vex smiley face need to stop talking shit.  You don't know me or know what I know to be assuming that I taking "too much crap". If there is money laundering by "a government minister" then the inquiries should be made to said government minister.

That sounds like the most naive investigation ever.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »
Your move Kamla.

She say she eh believin nutten d press say.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
Things is begining to fall apart is just a matter of time.

Mamalar take a drink gul one, two or maybe three  :beermug:

And Jack while you at it PNM cause that.

PNM abroad fault
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »
This is some real kinda soap opera/gangsta shit havin de son be de agent of downfall.

DAMN!  That's COLD yo.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy tho
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 27, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
Karma.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 27, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »
This is some real kinda soap opera/gangsta shit havin de son be de agent of downfall.

DAMN!  That's COLD yo.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy tho

Palos this bring u out of the cold long time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »
Umm... Possible money laundering by a government minister using the Treasury and/or TTFF funds with the help of close family member(s). It should damn well be of national concern  >:(... Trinis take too much crap!!!

You and yuh little vex smiley face need to stop talking shit.  You don't know me or know what I know to be assuming that I taking "too much crap". If there is money laundering by "a government minister" then the inquiries should be made to said government minister.

Only because yuh doh understand what it is yuh reading.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2013, 08:45:24 PM »
Is wetting after wetting! Hahaha
Youtube Channel

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:34 PM »
Makes you wonder what does Warner really have on the Prime Minister that she still will not remove him.

Is it even bigger than all of this?

To me the only method of damage control available to this administration to save creditability is to sever all ties with Warner but he remains as Minister and Chairman of the UNC. I wonder how grassroots UNC supporters really feel about this?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:11:35 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
Makes you wonder what does Warner really have on the Prime Minister that she still will not remove him.

Is it even bigger than all of this?

To me the only method of damage control available to this administration to save creditability is to sever all ties with Warner but he remains as Minister and Chairman of the UNC. I wonder how grassroots UNC supporters really feel about this?

D grassroot UNC supporter eh like Jack but is we time now. So they good

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »

Only because yuh doh understand what it is yuh reading.

Of course.  Good ting you not conductin the investigation.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »

Follow the conversation and you'll see I was referring to Daryan Warner and whether he was obligated to answer Basant's questions... not a reference to any "investigation".  Good thing your survival doesn't depend on your ability to read for comprehension.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:05:04 PM by Bakes »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »

Follow the conversation and you'll see I was referring to Daryan Warner and whether he was obligated to answer Basant's questions... not a reference to any "investigation".  Good thing your survival doesn't depend on your ability to read for comprehension.

Ever heard of investigative reporting? 
Daryan Warner is one part of this whole thing, they did a good job by seeking him out. 
How much info yuh think they will get from Jack?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:17:28 PM by Peong »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Jack son, the snitch
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:24 AM »
Jack son, the snitch and allyuh know what does happen to snitches.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2013, 04:38:42 AM »
PM SEEKS CONFIRMATION
By Newsday Staff Thursday, March 28 2013

International news agency Reuters has identified Daryan Warner, son of Minister of National Security and former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, as a “cooperating witness” in a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) probe into alleged corruption in international football.

The Reuters report said Warner, the National Security Minister, has not been charged with any wrongdoing. However, it said that since 2011, the FBI had been examining US$500,000 (TT$3.2 million) in payments made over a 20-year period by the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), of which Warner was once president, to an offshore company headed by US football official Chuck Blazer.

Blazer resigned as general secretary of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Football Association (Concacaf) in December 2011 but remains an executive committee member until May. Warner was previously the head of CFU and Concacaf, as well as FIFA vice-president.

Responding to the Reuters story, “FBI has co-operating witness for soccer fraud probe: sources”, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar last evening said she would not rely on published reports in the media and would seek official confirmation.

In a statement issued by the Office of the Prime Minister at 6.40 pm, Persad-Bissessar said, “I will not rely on published reports in the media, but will again seek to get official corroboration of the information now in the public domain before making any determination or pronouncement.”

The Reuters exclusive report by journalist Mark Hosenball was picked up by other media outlets in the US and locally. It cited unnamed US law enforcement sources as indicating that the probe into the transactions had “intensified” after a “key party” was cooperating as a witness.

The report identified Warner’s eldest son Daryan as the witness, but said sources declined to discuss Daryan’s role. It also said Daryan, who is in Miami, could not be reached for comment but noted a US official had disclosed Daryan was first interviewed by the FBI late last year after flying to the United States.

The report said a law-enforcement source declined to comment on who might be charged, or when this could happen. The report said the scope of the investigation was unclear.

It said the exact reasons for the US$500,000 payments were unclear but it cited statements made in 2011 by Blazer in which he said the money was repayment from Warner for a loan which was given in 2004. It also referred to Warner’s statement to local media that the payments were above board.

Law enforcement officials are quoted as saying that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) was part of the investigation, looking at potential violations of US tax laws and anti-fraud laws including laws against wire and mail fraud. An unnamed official is quoted as describing the investigation as “shaping up like a major case.”

Blazer was contacted by the reporter about the investigation and said he was advised by his lawyer not to comment.

Spokesman for the National Security Minister, Francis Joseph was quoted in the report saying that neither Daryan or Warner would comment on the matter.

Warner met yesterday afternoon with Persad-Bissessar but attempts to reach him on his mobile phone were unsuccessful up to press time.

Questioned by reporters on March 12 regarding a report on a minister’s son, Persad-Bissessar said she had “no information, advice or knowledge of any minister’s son in any circumstances abroad.”

Newsday contacted Mark Hosenball by email to seek more details on his report. Hosenball replied, “Unfortunately all I can say is the story speaks for itself. Can’t go beyond this.”

Warner quit FIFA and Concacaf in June 2011 in the wake of bribery allegations stemming from a visit to Port-of-Spain by then FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam to lobby CFU members to vote for him against Sepp Blatter in FIFA presidential elections. It is alleged that Bin Hammam gave Warner packets containing US$40,000 to give to CFU members.

After his resignation, FIFA had declared Warner was presumed innocent, but banned Bin Hammam when FIFA ethics committee concluded its probe of the allegations. The Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned Bin Hammam’s ban saying the case had not been proven, although it found that Bin Hammam was “more likely than not” the source of the cash.

The Opposition had asked the police to investigate whether any TT Customs laws were breached over allegations that sums of money were brought into the country.

However, local police said they were unable to get evidence and the case was closed.

(FIFA reinstated its ban on Bin Hammam last December for a separate matter concerning “conflicts of interest” while he was president of the Asian Football Confederation.)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2013, 05:06:25 AM »

FBI wary of T&T’s security agencies

Published:

Thursday, March 28, 2013

DENYSE RENNE

Federal investigators in the United States said yesterday they will not be sharing any information on an ongoing probe involving a senior government minister and his son. Sources said both the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) were reluctant to share information with local law enforcement because they do not have confidence in the integrity of the local national security agencies.

The sources pointed out that should the Government of T&T make any request on the status of investigations and the individual(s) involved in the investigation, the US is not obligated to share such information, especially as they deem the investigation, which includes money-laundering, tax evasion and fraud, a “top-priority” matter. The response to any T&T Government request could range from “no comment” to “the matter is under investigation,” sources added.

Should the US make an extradition request for any individuals who may be able to assist them with the case, such a request will fall under the Central Authority, which comes under the Office of the Attorney General. Contacted last week, head of the Central Authority, Netram Kowlessar, said the US had not made any extradition requests for any government minister or any relative of any minister. Asked whether any intelligence agencies had requested information on the minister or his relatives, Kowlessar also said no.

Asked what the response would be if such a request came, he said: “I cannot say, it will depend on the nature. The Central Authority also deals with mutual assistance.”

Last December, Daryan Warner, son of National Security Minister Jack Warner, was taken into custody in the US by the FBI in connection with an investigation the FBI was doing. At the time, sources close to Daryan Warner said he was assisting investigators in a tax matter. As the investigation progressed, the FBI, through a prosecutor, approached a judge and requested that a sealed indictment be placed on the case.

The probe, which has been taking place for the past three years, has seen FBI investigators visit several countries and several US states, including Virginia, Florida, New Jersey and New York.

US sources said yesterday they were not ruling out the possibility of an extradition request to T&T for individuals who might be able to help them with their case, since investigations are ongoing and will take time. With the sealed indictment in place, sources said, this will allow investigators to concentrate on the “other major players” in the investigations.

Also contacted on the matter yesterday was Ambassador to the US Dr Neil Parsan. Asked if he had contacted the FBI or IRS in connection with the reports surfacing yesterday that Daryan Warner had been detained in the US, Parsan said: “Why would I make such inquiries, and what’s the purpose of me asking?” He added that he had not made any attempts to inquire, but in light of the reports surfacing yesterday, he would “make an assessment” to determine his next step.

News

Related Articles:

Jack’s son named in Fifa $$ probe
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2013, 05:12:48 AM »
Daryan Warner will have to testify against daddy Jack Warner.

:devil:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:31:39 AM by Sando »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 28, 2013, 05:25:43 AM »
Put sources to the articles nah!
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 28, 2013, 05:49:49 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 28, 2013, 06:20:26 AM »
Jack son is just a witness, he walking free.

I hate it, but its the truth.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2013, 06:43:24 AM »
First local, then global, now she want official.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 28, 2013, 06:57:09 AM »
dem hadda be some real serious files jack holding or our office holders have no shame or sense of decency
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:08 AM »
First local, then global, now she want official.

:rotfl:

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 28, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »
Keep in mind that any funds recovered, Daryan will get a percentage as "whistle-blower".  This is US Law.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 28, 2013, 08:07:50 AM »
come nah zulu, u should know better by now

http://guardian.co.tt/news/2013-03-28/fbi-wary-tt%E2%80%99s-security-agencies

I wonder what could give them that kinda feeling boy?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 28, 2013, 08:22:19 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
I know they sayin he's a cooperating witness but I don't see how Daryan will give up his dad.
It better to take a jail himself than to do that.  At least then his bread will still be buttered and the family will remain intact.

truetrini

« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2013, 08:26:17 AM »
Keep in mind that any funds recovered, Daryan will get a percentage as "whistle-blower".  This is US Law.

nonsense,,,he is not a whistle blower, he may be blowing some other things soon if he fails to continue cooperating though.

1]; } ?>