March 28, 2024, 07:03:00 PM

Author Topic: Jack Warner sons arrested?  (Read 108007 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner sons arrested?
« Reply #390 on: April 01, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
allyuh doh fack up the thread nah... allyuh ent have this same talk going on in General?

I does enjoy better over dey. Please and thanks.
FF this is not a derailment, plus this thread eh goin no where fast, calm down.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 01, 2013, 01:42:57 PM »
Word is just cool going through menopause and the rants are due to hot flashes and the imbalance of estrogen.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 01, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »
Word is just cool going through menopause and the rants are due to hot flashes and the imbalance of estrogen.
Yuh projecting or what??

normally when ah grown man go out his way tuh malign another man, is a definite sign of projecting his inefficiency onto others whom he desire to be like. doh worry hoss one day you will be like me, take time yueh.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:59:05 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #393 on: April 01, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
I vote for Just Cool getting her own board.
I hear yuh true trini, but why not vote for me to get my own talk show instead?

How I get in this?

JC is a woman??
Hahahaha, listen to you, the one who wants me to choke on ah roti or a doubles bc i speak the truth, now tell me who more come across like ah lil whiney b!tch!

BTW as God is my judge i had doubles for breakfast this morning from my "hindu" breddren, maybe if yuh did read this earlier yuh probably woulda get yuh wish yuh lil irrational racist brat!

For a "well read" fella, you obviously missed mal jeux's post.

Glad yuh hindu bredren feed yuh. Share yuh insights with him how his race, culture and history facked up.
One thing i'm not is ah hypocrite! i doh smile wid man and talk behind their backs.

my breddren knows how i feel about the racism in hinduism and he understands (@ least i think he do), same way i does dog black man who does go around menacing the society wishing them nothing but death and incarceration in his presences, so he knows i don't play favorites, and i guess that's what he likes about me.

unlike you who takes sh!t personal and wants ppl to suffer an excruciating death bc they don't pay homage to your religion, and how could i when your religion views me as lower than a dalit!

i'm nothing but a slave and a monkey worthy to be worked from sun up to sun down with no pay, and no chance to change that condition until i reincarnate into ah fackin dalit and go through the same thing over again until i become ah brahmin, fack you and what you believe i say!! and how could any self respecting black man like that deal?

Do you know my religion?

Your rantings would make me hysterical if I didn't know you serious.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 01, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
UPDATE 1-Trinidad asks U.S. for information on FBI soccer fraud probe
(Adds further background, details of allegations)
By Linda Hutchinson-Jafar and Mark Hosenball (Reuters)

PORT OF SPAIN/WASHINGTON, April 1 (Reuters) - Under pressure from opposition politicians, the prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago said she had sought information from U.S. authorities about an FBI investigation into alleged corruption in international soccer possibly involving the Caribbean country's national security minister, a former vice-president of FIFA.

An exclusive Reuters report last week quoted U.S. law enforcement sources as saying Daryan Warner, the son of National Security Minister Jack Warner, has become a "cooperating witness" in the FBI investigation.

The sources have not said who might be charged, if anybody, or when. While the exact scope of the investigation is not clear, among the matters under scrutiny are two previously reported allegations involving Jack Warner, the sources said.

Warner is the former head of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Football (CONCACAF) and previously served as a vice president of FIFA, soccer's global governing body. He has not been charged with any crimes and has denied any wrongdoing.

While declining to comment on any aspect of the investigation, Warner, speaking to local media over the weekend, reiterated his long-standing denials of any wrongdoing and claimed he is being targeted by political opponents.

"I do not think you know of any other politician who for the last three years has been maligned and who has been crucified as I have been," said Warner, who accused his critics of seeking to weaken Trinidad and Tobago's three-year-old coalition government.

"The one objective in mind (is) to get rid of Jack Warner because there are those who believe that if you get rid of Jack Warner then you get rid of a major chunk or chink in the government's armor," Warner, who is head of one of Trinidad's four ruling political parties, said in comments shown on local television.
The investigation, which also involves the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. tax agency, is looking into potential violations of American tax laws and anti-fraud statutes, including laws prohibiting wire fraud and mail fraud, the law enforcement sources said.

After the publication of the Reuters story about the investigation, opposition politicians in Trinidad and Tobago called for Warner, who as national security minister is in charge of Trinidad's military and police forces, either to resign or for Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to dismiss him.

David Abdulah, the head of the Movement for Social Justice party, a former coalition partner of the government, urged the prime minister to remove Warner from office.

"If she does not, she will pay the political price for keeping him in the government," Abdulah said, describing the news reports on Warner as "very embarrassing" for the country.

Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley also called on Warner to address the allegations.

Neither Daryan Warner nor a Trinidadian lawyer representing the Warner family have responded to requests for comment.

U.S. officials did not immediately comment on the Trinidadian government's statements that it is seeking information about the FBI investigation.

DIPLOMATIC CHANNELS

Persad-Bissessar said she has instructed Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Dookeran and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan to use diplomatic channels to obtain details about the investigation.

"It would be premature if not prejudicial for me to act without any official clarification or confirmation from the U.S. authorities on this controversial and sensitive matter," said Persad-Bissessar.

The exact scope of the FBI investigation is not clear, U.S. law enforcement sources have said.

However, the FBI has since 2011 been examining more than $500,000 in payments made by the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) over the past 20 years to an offshore company headed by U.S. soccer official Chuck Blazer. That was a period when Jack Warner was also head of the CFU, a position he held from the early 1980s until 2011.

The precise reasons for many of those payments is unclear. In 2011, Blazer said that the payments were meant to be repayments to him by Warner of "a significant amount of money" which Blazer said he loaned to Warner in 2004. Warner told the media in Trinidad that the payments were above board.

Blazer declined comment when contacted last week about the Reuters story.

Persad-Bissessar has repeatedly stood by Warner since he quit his FIFA and CONCACAF positions in June 2011 in the wake of allegations of bribery in a report by a lawyer commissioned by Blazer, a member of FIFA's executive committee and former general secretary of CONCACAF.

The report alleged that Warner collaborated with another FIFA vice president at the time, Mohamed Bin Hammam of Qatar, to bribe Caribbean soccer officials so that they would back a bid by Bin Hammam to become FIFA's president. Bin Hammam and Warner both have repeatedly denied the allegations.

Bin Hammam's U.S. lawyer, Eugene Gulland, said last week that while he had heard that U.S. authorities were investigating CONCACAF issues, Bin Hammam had not been contacted about the probe.

When Warner resigned his FIFA position, the organization declared that "the presumption of innocence is maintained" in his case.

FIFA said last week the Swiss-based organization was "unaware" of any FBI investigation related to the Americas and Caribbean. (Editing by Kevin Gray and Claudia Parsons)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:34:33 PM by Flex »

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 01, 2013, 03:44:49 PM »
Yuh projecting or what??

normally when ah grown man go out his way tuh malign another man, is a definite sign of projecting his inefficiency onto others whom he desire to be like. doh worry hoss one day you will be like me, take time yueh.

put some ice in ah handkerchief and ress it on yuh bossom. it will help with the heat flashes and save us from your race related rants.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 01, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »
Word on de streets is that Warmonga is really de cooperating witness...

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 01, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »
Word on de streets is that Warmonga is really de cooperating witness...

you may be on to something. he's a super yank as well as a hindu, so according to jc he's the enemy and will try to bring down innocent black people

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 01, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
All yuh talking all this race talk....jack warner is ah niggah...big lip tie tongue niggah...wuh ticket he on...not ah indian boat...besides that....under the Pandday regime...he kick he own ppl in dey ass...for instance Dole Chadee...he used to help ppl...yea he kill some ppl...but its businezss...ask ppl how much poor ppl he help...from all over Trinidad. Is de creoles he uplift and get kick in he ass.

Under de Manning regime who all yuh think finance de PNMf....is coolies...thdough opposition to power to opposition. ..is coolies pelting out de money...and that's ah fact...

But at de end ah de dayyy...all ah we like roti...all ah we like stew chicken and ah peleau...wuz all de race talk about.... I feeling hungry now...I going and eat some  rice and beans from some spic..back  to warner......YUH CYAHHHH RUN FROM UNCLEEE SAMMMM MR. WARNER...yuh meet yuh match!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 01, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
trini-stallion, PNM financiers were the Syrian/Lenanese/"French creole"/Muslims along the EW corridors. The race talk is now in the open. People are expressing their hidden feelings. Things they did not want to say since Independence. Maybe we really don't like one another. We just been tolerating each other for the past 50 yrs. Rwandans have beeen living together for hundreds of years. look what the do to each other. Yugoslavia was put together by the League of Nation after WW1. Look what happen to them. I honestly hpe we learn from their situation and don't end up like them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 01, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »
All yuh talking all this race talk....jack warner is ah niggah...big lip tie tongue niggah...wuh ticket he on...not ah indian boat...besides that....under the Pandday regime...he kick he own ppl in dey ass...for instance Dole Chadee...he used to help ppl...yea he kill some ppl...but its businezss...ask ppl how much poor ppl he help...from all over Trinidad. Is de creoles he uplift and get kick in he ass.

Under de Manning regime who all yuh think finance de PNMf....is coolies...thdough opposition to power to opposition. ..is coolies pelting out de money...and that's ah fact...

But at de end ah de dayyy...all ah we like roti...all ah we like stew chicken and ah peleau...wuz all de race talk about.... I feeling hungry now...I going and eat some  rice and beans from some spic..back  to warner......YUH CYAHHHH RUN FROM UNCLEEE SAMMMM MR. WARNER...yuh meet yuh match!

dred... if I remember correctly you's ah indian fella.  I doh care if yuh want to refer tuh yuh own people by de 'c'-word... but real talk, watch yuh fukkin mouth with this n-word talk.  Better yet, just shut tuh f**k up... one ah de people Dole Chadee kill was ah pardna ah mine, and he kill him just because de fella know is he who kill dat family in south or central wherever they was.  It had real innocent people that f**ker kill, so doh come with no f**king bullshit talk about is "businezss".  Hush yuh f**king mouth if yuh doh know what yuh talking about.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:39 PM »
is time to get d thread back on track, but we need to talk dis race shit out and get it off we chest or dis country will be doomed to d same shit politics and shit govt/s for an eternity and then some............but that is for another thread.....stop d derailment nah
I pity the fool....

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 01, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Just Cool ..yuh on another level..so it ha some critical tinkers in Trinidad..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 01, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »
trini-stallion, PNM financiers were the Syrian/Lenanese/"French creole"/Muslims along the EW corridors. The race talk is now in the open. People are expressing their hidden feelings. Things they did not want to say since Independence. Maybe we really don't like one another. We just been tolerating each other for the past 50 yrs. Rwandans have beeen living together for hundreds of years. look what the do to each other. Yugoslavia was put together by the League of Nation after WW1. Look what happen to them. I honestly hpe we learn from their situation and don't end up like them.

Were?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 02, 2013, 01:31:38 AM »
Another dimension if you will. Is race as important as blood-type.  Is Blood-type not another level of family? and if so one that transcends, race, color, creed, heritage & parentage (to a degree)? 

Racism is a herd ting. A quality of those that have never left the Kampung!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2013, 03:53:14 AM »

dred... if I remember correctly you's ah indian fella.  I doh care if yuh want to refer tuh yuh own people by de 'c'-word... but real talk, watch yuh f**kkin mouth with this n-word talk.  Better yet, just shut tuh f**k up... one ah de people Dole Chadee kill was ah pardna ah mine, and he kill him just because de fella know is he who kill dat family in south or central wherever they was.  It had real innocent people that f**ker kill, so doh come with no f**king bullshit talk about is "businezss".  Hush yuh f**king mouth if yuh doh know what yuh talking about.

Yuh is ah illiterate?  Cacahole we from Trinidad...like yuh living abroad too long? The 'N' word. You miss my point by ah mile....it eh have nothing to do with race  padnah...at de end of the day  we are trinis. I doh understand how on an internet forum with maybe 2000 members all this race talk so prevalent.  This relly shows how backwards wereally are. Besides that I eh mean no disrespect by using de n word....matter ah  fact niggggah niggah nigggah...coolie cooolie cooolie.....yuh vex??? Well go and bend ah pipe for all I care...

Sorry yuh lost yuh brethren too. ..I'm aure there was more too his death than just a concern of being a snitch.

Next thing...unc MAIN financier is jack warner...that is whyyyu he have 9 lives. Pnm had calder hart...buttt he wasn't a grassroot. H financed them just to eat ah food with food. Yih don't hear de sabgas names ever on any political affiliations.   Trust me pal...is mainly indian ppl...I know this cuz is my own bloood.  And I don't mean no racism nothing by that. Is just that we on here fighting down eachother whilst the politcians eating foood while we de poor people on this bullshitt...all yuh think the politicians like oh he's is ah niggah and he's ah indian....they don't care ppl....lets stop this shtupiddd race thing....it rel disheartening...men is come on here to vibes out...tul chill..relax...read ah lil  ting..yuh know....overs de fight down
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2013, 05:19:24 AM »
Stuueeppsss!!!!! 

all this talk about "we is one, and all ah we is trini and what all this race talk for", all yuh sounding like ah bunch ah fackin muppets!! weh allyuh think this iz, sesame street??!!

if  what allyuh saying iz true then tell me why this thread escalate sooo far in thy space of no time. if i remember clearly all i did was jest @ elan's statement when he made a comment about the pic with kamla and the indian engineers the quote was, "is this ah family business?" of which i replied, "i was wondering the same thing, it kinda remind me of the fire department here in NYC, it's only ah set of irish and italian very little to no diversity". that was it! that was all i said, and from that simple statement ppl get their feeling hurt and start bawlin bout "if yuh doh like it then go study electrical engineering", then the talk start.

now all i did was throw my corn, then came the detractors, "JC weh scene yuh on boy, wah kind ah talk is dat, cool it nah boy", man want tuh kill me bc i speak the real "i throw meh corn, and if it fall in yuh garden then you is the one with the problem", all i did was call it as it iz.

i did not misrepresent the truth, on the contrary, i told nothing but the sad truth of what took place in T&T and is still taking place.

what i truly believe is that i'm the only one who have the balls to say out loud what ppl say in the confines of their own comfort zones, so fack allyuh, i will keep on telling the truth.

izza african, and i does dog africans more than any other ppl on the planet, and what i do say about africans is the truth for the most part,

collectively we are the most disfunctional bunch of mdfkrs on the planet, but when i do and say these things no indian, white man, syrian or chinese doh ever come to the aid of the africans on the board,

but when i dog indian or whiteman, here comes nigger charlie in his shining armor to defend their honor, but who comes to your aid when i'm talking smack about your sons , nephews, god sons, grandsons etc, saying they eh no fackin good and they should lock up all ah dem and throw away the key??

i would like nothing better than to say, "boy if is one thing, my country real together and united boy", nothing would make me happier!! but that would be ah phat lie!!

ah yardie could probably say it bc the british had nothing to fear in jamaica since he christianized the whole nation so every body there uptil today is the staunchest of christians and jamaicans even the big bad moroons.

but in T&T and guyana he failed in that attempt, and that was possible bc there was ah huge indian population on these two colonies with some black man still walking around practicing islam on the sly, and the last thing the british wanted was for the indian muslims to give/ teach africans the islamic religion, that would spell chaos for the colonials, hence the reason more hindus were imported than any other group, bc hindus don't integrate or propagate their religion to others.

what allyuh fail to realize is that this pulling and tugging is not entirely our fault, as sure as the sun would shine i tellin allyuh that the british caused this riff, if allyuh doh believe meh then just look @ how indians and africans and chinese in jamaica does live like true brothers, i went there and saw it with my own bulbs, it's true, no lie.

who the cap fit let them wear it, if allyuh hate truth so much then eat ah dick.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:21:09 PM by just cool »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 02, 2013, 07:21:10 AM »
come nah allyuh oh shit....is fuuckin children hear or what  :cursing: kill dat on dis thread nah.......fuuck man!
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:34 AM »
come nah allyuh oh shit....is fuuckin children hear or what  :cursing: kill dat on dis thread nah.......fuuck man!
OK lefty i done for real this time.  :beermug:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #409 on: April 02, 2013, 08:06:37 AM »
Ah wonder if the mods could cut this thread where it went off topic and put it in the discussion , we need to talk this RACISM shit out because certain people in Trinbago use it to their benefit.

Notice whenever anybody mention Mamalar the defenders always come out ,when we was mashing up Manning there was  none.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 02, 2013, 08:15:44 AM »
Thread needs cleaning up, badly.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 02, 2013, 08:23:24 AM »
Ah wonder if the mods could cut this thread where it went off topic and put it in the discussion , we need to talk this RACISM shit out because certain people in Trinbago use it to their benefit.

Notice whenever anybody mention Mamalar the defenders always come out ,when we was mashing up Manning there was  none.

So make one dread, i will most definitely participate.   good idea.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 02, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
UPDATE 1-Trinidad asks U.S. for information on FBI soccer fraud probe
(Adds further background, details of allegations)
By Linda Hutchinson-Jafar and Mark Hosenball (Reuters)

PORT OF SPAIN/WASHINGTON, April 1 (Reuters) - Under pressure from opposition politicians, the prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago said she had sought information from U.S. authorities about an FBI investigation into alleged corruption in international soccer possibly involving the Caribbean country's national security minister, a former vice-president of FIFA.

An exclusive Reuters report last week quoted U.S. law enforcement sources as saying Daryan Warner, the son of National Security Minister Jack Warner, has become a "cooperating witness" in the FBI investigation.

The sources have not said who might be charged, if anybody, or when. While the exact scope of the investigation is not clear, among the matters under scrutiny are two previously reported allegations involving Jack Warner, the sources said.

Warner is the former head of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Football (CONCACAF) and previously served as a vice president of FIFA, soccer's global governing body. He has not been charged with any crimes and has denied any wrongdoing.

FIFA said last week the Swiss-based organization was "unaware" of any FBI investigation related to the Americas and Caribbean. (Editing by Kevin Gray and Claudia Parsons)

Andre, nice try to bring this thread back on track.  But it look like a EPIC fail.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 02, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »

So make one dread, i will most definitely participate.   good idea.
I've made a thread in General where these issues can be discussed.

Go here: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=59376.0
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 02, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »
Allyuh shoulda make a thread for the outage.  All this woulda been in there.  Who is the first one to post about it?  Iz your fault, do better nex time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »
RAMLOGAN WAITS ON US AG'S REPLY
By Andre Bagoo Monday, April 1 2013

ATTORNEY General Anand Ramlogan yesterday said he wrote US Attorney General Eric H Holder last week, “seeking clarification” on issues stemming from a Reuters news report which stated an FBI probe into football corruption had intensified and now reportedly involves Daryan Warner, son of National Security Minister Jack Warner, a former FIFA vice-president.

Daryan Warner is reportedly a “cooperating witness” in the FBI probe.

In an interview with Newsday, Ramlogan confirmed that he complied with a directive issued by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar on the matter.

On Saturday, Persad-Bissessar disclosed that she had taken several steps in her official capacity since the report of March 27. Among these steps was to call for efforts to be made through “diplomatic channels”. She also directed Ramlogan to write US Attorney General Eric Holder.

“I further directed the Attorney General, Anand Ramlogan, to write his counterpart, the US Attorney General, Eric Holder Jr, directly to seek his personal intervention in the matter so that there can be official confirmation of the facts and circumstances surrounding this the alleged investigation,” Persad-Bissessar’s statement said.

Asked if he had written Holder or received a response, Ramlogan told Newsday, “A letter was despatched last week seeking clarification. At the moment it is too early to expect a reply. Nothing can be done unless the facts are established. It would not be appropriate to speculate at this point. We are trying to get the facts. I do not know what the scope of any of this could entail. We are simply trying to establish the facts.” The Attorney General did not give the date of the letter.

Asked if the Central Authority Unit of the Ministry of the Attorney General — which handles official requests for cooperation in law enforcement matters across borders — has had any role in the process of seeking clarification, Ramlogan said. “Not as yet. Let us see what my counterpart in the United States says and then we will see what happens.” Ramlogan declined to make the correspondence public. Holder — whose family has roots in Barbados — was last in Trinidad and Tobago in November 2011, when he engaged in talks with several Government officials as well as regional bodies and agencies based in Trinidad.

Ramlogan’s confirmation came as the Government continued to attempt to ascertain the facts relating to the issue.

The Prime Minister’s statement on Saturday was her second statement on the matter.

A few days earlier, on Wednesday, her office had issued a short statement saying: “I will not rely on published reports in the media but will again seek to get official corroboration of the information now in the public domain before making any determination or pronouncement.”

In her statement on Saturday, however, Persad-Bissessar revealed the extent of official action taken by her administration over the issues which have now been linked to the National Security Minister and UNC chairman Warner. The Prime Minister disclosed that on March 27, the day the report was first published by Reuters, she made a request of Minister of Foreign Affairs Winston Dookeran.

“I instructed the Minister of Foreign Affairs the Honourable Winston Dookeran to pursue the matter via the established diplomatic channels to obtain the relevant facts and seek clarification on the reported allegations,” she said in the statement.

Contacted yesterday, Dookeran said his efforts remained ongoing but declined to specify what steps he took to comply with the Prime Minister’s directive.

“The matter is being dealt with,” the Foreign Affairs Minister said in a brief telephone interview. “I am attending to the matter but I cannot tell you more.” Asked how he was dealing with the matter — whether by way of a diplomatic note or otherwise — Dookeran declined comment. Asked for a time-line on when he would be able to report the results of his efforts, Dookeran said, “I don’t know. I have no idea.”

Diplomatic sources stated that two options open to Dookeran include a diplomatic note seeking clarification, as well as a note requesting an audience with the US Secretary of State John Kerry. Dookeran would not comment on any options available to him. Trinidad and Tobago’s Ambassador to the US Dr Neil Parsan did not respond to e-mail, text and telephone messages.

Dookeran is a founding member of the Congress of the People (COP), the second-largest coalition partner, in terms of seats in the Parliament.

The COP has openly called for Warner to resign, since FIFA bribery allegations against him first emerged in 2011. Persad-Bissessar, who has been ill with the flu, did not respond to messages. Warner did not answer calls. (See Page 5A)
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 02, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »
Elan know what he was doing when he ask de question, 'Is this ah family business ???'

But de line ah de year for me?
'for instance Dole Chadee...he used to help ppl...yea he kill some ppl...but its businezss...ask ppl how much poor ppl he help.'
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 03, 2013, 07:25:46 AM »
T&T becoming ‘pariah state’
By Ria Taitt

If, as the Trinidad and Tobago Government suggests, the US authorities are snubbing it in its attempt to get information on whether National Security Minister Jack Warner is the subject of an investigation in that country, then it points to the fact that this country has reached an all-time low in its relations with that country.

This is the view of Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

“The very fact that the Government could be very glibly reporting to us that they have not been in receipt of any information from the US authorities to clarify for the Prime Minister whether or not a minister of government is the subject of this US investigation, should tell the people of Trinidad and Tobago how far we have fallen in our relations with the US government,” Rowley said at a news conference yesterday.

Rowley said he anticipated more unpleasant actions vis-a-vis the US government.

“I am sure it is clear to the US as it is to us that the Government of Trinidad and Tobago led by the Prime Minister is more concerned about protecting the Minister of National Security than (it is concerned) about the protection of the interest of Trinidad and Tobago,” he said.

“And once the US government comes to that conclusion, they have a variety of ways of dealing with rogue countries that put themselves in pariah status. And what this UNC (United National Congress) Government led by Kamla Persad-Bissessar is doing is moving Trinidad and Tobago into the status of pariah states with the US government, where, as we fail to cooperate with extradition, as we speak untruths both locally and abroad, as we protect persons who have questions to answer, as we elevate them in our national security system, as we promote them to high office in the Cabinet, as we protect them from the media, we may very well find other unpleasant actions coming from the US which would have serious negative effects on the population of Trinidad and Tobago,” Rowley stated.
He said the giving of information on whether someone is the subject of an investigation in no way prejudices the court proceedings of that investigation if it proceeds to the court.

Rowley said the US would not share sensitive data with a country whose national security minister is the subject of an investigation in that country.

He said every time Warner’s name is mentioned in unsavoury matters overseas, it is done in the context of his presence in the Government as National Security Minister. “On that basis alone, he should be removed. The Prime Minister has a duty to protect the good name of the country, protect our best interests,” he said.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »
Jack has something on Kamla. That's why she protecting him, putting him before the reputation and good standing of the country.  If she hopes to have any chance of getting re-elected she has to do something about him, but maybe she can't.  Then again maybe she already give up on a successful re-election.  In that case, they will try to grab as much as they can before they go, again to the detriment of the nation.
I really tired of these ppl.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 03, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
Jack has something on Kamla. That's why she protecting him, putting him before the reputation and good standing of the country.  If she hopes to have any chance of getting re-elected she has to do something about him, but maybe she can't.  Then again maybe she already give up on a successful re-election.  In that case, they will try to grab as much as they can before they go, again to the detriment of the nation.
I really tired of these ppl.

All them peeps know Jack money was not really Jack money but they did not care as it got them into power to get more money. If Jack was not such a narcissist he would have step down for the good of the party. But is a dominoe game wth him when 1 fall all fall. Manning did warn we bout this PATHETHIC POSSE and Rowley warn we when he became a Minister but we did not listen so ban all yuh belly and bawl.

1]; } ?>