March 28, 2024, 02:56:14 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner sons arrested?  (Read 107955 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner sons arrested?
« Reply #480 on: May 28, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA brothers scrambled to deposit cash hoard at U.S. banks, U.S. court documents show
By Douwe Miedema (Reuters)

Two brothers who pleaded guilty in the FIFA soccer bribery scandal deposited large sums of cash in a frenzied series of visits to U.S. banks, hoping to avoid detection by authorities, U.S. court documents released this week showed.

Daryan and Daryll Warner, sons of former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, and their associates deposited more than $600,000 in cash at bank branches in New York, Miami and Las Vegas in the second half of 2011, according to a 2012 complaint in U.S. District Court in New York that was unsealed on Wednesday.

In one two-day period, the pair parked $128,313.38 in 23 separate deposits into accounts at Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Citibank and Wells Fargo through the use of tellers and ATMs.

The complaint against the Warners, who are citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, showed that they made sure none of their deposits exceeded the $10,000 threshold above which banks have to file a report to U.S. authorities.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Department of Justice charged nine officials at FIFA, the global body governing soccer, and five corporate executives with running a criminal enterprise that involved more than $150 million in bribes.

Daryan Warner, one of a group of four others who had pleaded guilty, became a cooperating witness in the FBI's probe. This was first reported by Reuters in 2013.

Banks will also be looked at in the investigation, authorities said on Wednesday, though it was too early to say whether there had been any wrongdoing.

The U.S. indictment alleged that the defendants relied heavily on the U.S. banking system to avoid detection, in often complex schemes with fake invoices and numbered accounts, at banks across the globe.

In one case, a teller at a JPMorgan Chase branch on New York's Broadway said she had asked somebody for his driver's license when he wanted to deposit 7,500 euros, which at the time translated to an amount just above the reporting threshold.

The person then asked to be handed back 500 euros, which lowered the sum to $9,336.60. Earlier that day, a similar amount had been deposited at JPMorgan in Queens. The following day, another 7,000 euros was deposited at the Broadway branch.

Daryll Warner in his guilty plea admitted that he had deliberately broken up deposits into amounts of less than $10,000 to avoid the reporting requirements.

JPMorgan declined comment. Wells Fargo and Bank of America did not immediately return a request for comment. Citi has said it has cooperated with Justice.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2015, 09:52:22 AM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #483 on: June 03, 2015, 02:17:21 AM »
Warner’s sons aided US.
T&T Express.

A son of a former FIFA executive secretly agreed in 2013 to cooperate with United States authorities and admit to participating in a World Cup ticket-reselling scheme, according to a court transcript released on Monday.

The transcript confirmed that Daryan Warner, like his brother Daryll, had agreed to assist US authorities as part of separate plea deals. The transcript, ordered released by a federal judge in Brooklyn, New York, contained Daryan Warner's guilty plea.

Both men are sons of former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, who was among 14 individuals indicted for engaging in a corruption scheme at FIFA that authorities said involved more than $150 million (£98.6 million in bribes.

The transcript showed that in Daryan Warner's cooperation deal, prosecutors agreed not to charge him with fraud and money laundering in connection with aiding and abetting an alleged bribe payment by the South African Bid Committee connected to its bid to host the 2010 World Cup.

That agreement signalled a potential area of testimony by him should the larger case against the 14 go to trial, as prosecutors allege that Jack Warner solicited payments worth $10 million from the South African government. He denies wrongdoing.

Benjamin Brafman, Daryan Warner's lawyer, declined to comment on Monday.

In unveiling the charges against the 14 last Wednesday, US authorities disclosed that four people and two corporate entities had secretly pleaded guilty but declined to confirm they were cooperating.

Transcripts subsequently released for the two Warner brothers' pleas have since confirmed they are cooperating.

Daryan's cooperation was first reported by Reuters in 2013. A July 2013 plea transcript obtained on Wednesday confirmed that Daryll Warner, a former FIFA development officer, was also cooperating.

Daryan Warner pleaded guilty in October 2013 to wire fraud conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy and the structuring of financial transactions to evade bank reporting requirements.

At the hearing, Daryan Warner admitted that he agreed with others to buy tickets to the 2006 and 2010 World Cups and resell them at a “substantial profit.”

Daryan Warner said he bought the tickets directly from FIFA in 2006, misleading it about the role of an unnamed individual because he “believed that FIFA would not have sold them to me had he been involved.”

Charging documents say that FIFA became aware he resold the tickets and that he believed he would not be able to buy them in 2010.

Nevertheless, Warner said he bought tickets from others to mislead FIFA. Charging documents describe those individuals as two unnamed family members who then were FIFA officials.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 03, 2015, 09:06:01 AM »
You mean these 2 cockroaches go walk free?

Mafias doh like rats, they better have heavy security.

:rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 03, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
Not likely. They have them on certain things and they done plead guilty on them. They not going to charge them on others if they cooperate and "sell out" the big fish.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 03, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »
Warner’s sons aided US.
T&T Express.

Brafman?  Daryan wasn't playing... go hard or go home.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 03, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »
Warner’s sons aided US.
T&T Express.

Brafman?  Daryan wasn't playing... go hard or go home.

Ent. (Although the "going home" bit is ... hmmm).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:54:19 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:17 AM »
Ent.

Curious to see what kinda plea he was able to negotiate for him.  I still predicting 3 years plus probation, on top of the $1.3 million dollar fine he already agree to pay.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 03, 2015, 03:27:16 PM »
Whey Jack Horner....

:waiting:
busy trying to find a Bois Bande forest to help Jack rise again

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 03, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »
Warner’s sons aided US.
T&T Express.

A son of a former FIFA executive secretly agreed in 2013 to cooperate with United States authorities and admit to participating in a World Cup ticket-reselling scheme, according to a court transcript released on Monday.

The transcript confirmed that Daryan Warner, like his brother Daryll, had agreed to assist US authorities as part of separate plea deals. The transcript, ordered released by a federal judge in Brooklyn, New York, contained Daryan Warner's guilty plea.

Both men are sons of former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, who was among 14 individuals indicted for engaging in a corruption scheme at FIFA that authorities said involved more than $150 million (£98.6 million in bribes.

The transcript showed that in Daryan Warner's cooperation deal, prosecutors agreed not to charge him with fraud and money laundering in connection with aiding and abetting an alleged bribe payment by the South African Bid Committee connected to its bid to host the 2010 World Cup.

That agreement signalled a potential area of testimony by him should the larger case against the 14 go to trial, as prosecutors allege that Jack Warner solicited payments worth $10 million from the South African government. He denies wrongdoing.

In unveiling the charges against the 14 last Wednesday, US authorities disclosed that four people and two corporate entities had secretly pleaded guilty but declined to confirm they were cooperating.

Transcripts subsequently released for the two Warner brothers' pleas have since confirmed they are cooperating.

Daryan's cooperation was first reported by Reuters in 2013. A July 2013 plea transcript obtained on Wednesday confirmed that Daryll Warner, a former FIFA development officer, was also cooperating.

Daryan Warner pleaded guilty in October 2013 to wire fraud conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy and the structuring of financial transactions to evade bank reporting requirements.

At the hearing, Daryan Warner admitted that he agreed with others to buy tickets to the 2006 and 2010 World Cups and resell them at a “substantial profit.”

Daryan Warner said he bought the tickets directly from FIFA in 2006, misleading it about the role of an unnamed individual because he “believed that FIFA would not have sold them to me had he been involved.”

Charging documents say that FIFA became aware he resold the tickets and that he believed he would not be able to buy them in 2010.

Nevertheless, Warner said he bought tickets from others to mislead FIFA. Charging documents describe those individuals as two unnamed family members who then were FIFA officials.

So wait, Jack Warner son sold him out?

But what de jail is this boy.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 03, 2015, 08:20:48 PM »
Anybody catch Jack on TV tonight?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 03, 2015, 08:39:03 PM »
Disgraced former FIFA vice president Jack Warner 'fears for his life'
(Associated Press)

MARABELLA, Trinidad -- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner made a televised address in Trinidad on Wednesday night, saying he will prove a link between soccer's governing body and his nation's elections in 2010.

"I will no longer keep secrets for them who actively seek to destroy the country," Warner said.

Warner also said in the address, which was a paid political advertisement, that "I reasonably actually fear for my life."

Still, a half-hour after the speech aired, Warner appeared at his Independent Liberal Party's rally held under a canopy on a residential street. At least a couple hundred people were present when Warner spoke, many of them having not seen the televised remarks.

Warner said he has documents and checks that link FIFA officials, including embattled President Sepp Blatter, to the 2010 election in Trinidad and Tobago.

"I apologize for not disclosing my knowledge of these events before," Warner said.

At his rally, a half-hour into his remarks, Warner -- mopping sweat from his forehead several times -- told supporters that he will not hold back in his newfound plan to expose scandal.

He said he has compiled reams of documents and is delivering them to his attorneys, for them to disseminate as they see fit.

"Not even death will stop the avalanche that is coming," Warner said as his supporters cheered in celebration. "The die is cast. There can be no turning back. Let the chips fall where they fall."

Warner also said that when he heard Blatter was stepping down, he wrote him to urge his immediate departure from FIFA.

"Blatter knows why he fell. And if anyone else knows, I do," Warner said.

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/2478293/former-fifa-vice-president-jack-warner-fears-for-his-life

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 03, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »
Be SURE your sins will find you out. (Numbers 32:23)
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #494 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »
Jack claims Fifa $$$ funded PP.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Embattled former Fifa vice-president and Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner is now saying that there is a link between Fifa’s millions and the successful People’s Partnership political campaign in 2010.

During an eight-minute address to the nation last night, Warner said he had compiled a series of cheques and supporting documents that corroborate his financial support to the PP's successful general campaign in 2010 and its link to Fifa. These documents have already been put in the hands of his attorneys.

“The link between Fifa, its funding and me, the link between Fifa, its funding and the United National Congress and the People’s Partnership government,” Warner said.

“These documents deal with the Section 34 fiasco, it also deals with my knowledge of the transactions at Fifa, including but not limited to its president Mr Sepp Blatter and lastly other matters involving the nation’s current Prime Minister.”

Warner said because he is now genuinely afraid for his life, he has passed the packet of documents on to several lawyers and the matter is now out of his hands.

“It is beyond even my own reach, retracting them is an impossibility. There can be no turning back,” he said.

He said his lawyers were making contact with local and foreign law enforcement officials based on the material contained in his statements.

“Even if these approaches do not bear fruit, my careful dissemination on the material to certain persons of standing in society means there can be no reversal,” he said, adding that this was a sad turn of events.

Warner apologised for not speaking out on these matters sooner and did not offer an explanation as to why he kept these ‘secrets’ away from the public.

“My judgement was initially that the People’s Partnership, as bad as it was, and still is, was better for this country than any other government, except possibly a government of the ILP,” he said.

“I will no longer keep secrets for them, I will no longer keep secrets for those persons who seek to actively destroy this country's hard-won international image.

“At the age of 72 years old, I have no intention of allowing them of depriving me of my freedom.”

Warner admitted that he had neglected his family for years and now they were experiencing a “turbulent future,” but said he had placed his own future in the hands of his constituents.

“I have told the truth in my statements and before you tonight, and with God’s grace, the people of this country will in due course make a judgement on the basis of what I said to them,” he said and asked for the people to pray for him and his family.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 04, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »
So ah had some time in mih hands this morning so ah went back over this thread and take een how the whole thing evolved.  Is all kinda thing all yuh post.  The thread threaten to derail twice.  One with the woman she pole and the other time with a setta racism talk.

But one thing is for certain.....the old adage where there is smoke there is fire is very true in this scenario......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #496 on: June 06, 2015, 04:55:54 AM »
Jack’s sons lie
By Darcel Choy
T&T Newsday

Daryll Warner, son of former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner who pleaded guilty in July 2013, lied to get a mortgage loan to purchase a condominium in Miami, Florida for his brother Daryan, his father and himself, according to court records.

Prosecutors in the US District Court, Eastern District, New York, yesterday unsealed the plea hearing transcripts of Daryll and Daryan.

Daryll, like his brother, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to wire fraud, and structuring funds as to evade bank reporting requirements while Daryan pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy and the structuring of financial transaction to evade bank reporting requirements.

According to Daryll’s court transcript released yesterday, Daryll testified that in late 2005, his family determined that he would be the one to purchase the apartment and seek mortgage financing for the apartment.

Daryll said, “In October 2005, I began the process of obtaining a mortgage loan to be secured for the condo. For that purpose, I applied for a loan with Sunbelt Lending Services. In the effort to qualify for the loan I provided the mortgage lender with inaccurate information regarding the location of my employment and the amount of my monthly income among other things. I did so with the knowledge that the information was false and with the intent to qualify for a loan which I knew I might not qualify if I provided accurate information.”

“In furtherance of closing on the condominium on December 26, 2005. I sent an email from Trinidad and Tobago where I was at the time, to my loan officer who was based in Florida. In the email I sought to delay the closing by a few days because I needed additional time to obtain the fund necessary to close on the condominium. I ultimately closed on the condominium several days later.”

US District Judge William Kontz stopped Daryll’s testimony to ask, “You stated sir that you might not qualify had you provided accurate information. Did you think that there was a possibility that you would have qualified had you provided accurate information?” Daryll replied, “No, Your Honour.”

The judge asked, “Did you understand that you would not qualify for the loan if you provided the truth?” Daryll replied, “Yes, Your Honour.”

Told to describe in his own words what he did to commit the crimes charged in count two (structuring funds), Daryll said, “Between July 2011 and December 2011, I engaged in a number of transactions at financial institutions in the Miami, Florida area. During this period I had a general understanding that making a cash deposit of more than US$10,000 into a bank account would trigger a requirement on the part of the bank to issue a report which would include information regarding the source of funds. Based upon this understanding and in connection with some of the transactions I made, during the above six-month period, I took steps intended to avoid this reporting requirement.”

Daryll said in some instances, he “deliberately” broke up deposits into amounts of less than US$10,000 in order to avoid the filing of the requisite report.

“I engaged in such deposits and other transactions intending to avoid the reporting requirements in connection with more than US$100,000 in transactions in the above six month period,” he said.

In Daryan’s transcript, he admitted he was among a group which agreed to buy and resell tickets for the 2006 and 2010 World Cups at a substantial profit. The transcript showed that the court had problems understanding Daryan during his testimony. Kontz at one point told Daryan, “Take your time. Take a drink of water. Slowly and loudly. Channel your inner Lord Vader, not your inner Woody Allen, okay? That’s what I say all the time.”

Daryan told the judge, “it’s the price of a West Indies accent.”  Kontz replied, “I understand. And also the price of a Woody Allen accent of being New Yorkers. Take your time. This is very important. Go ahead.”

Daryan said between 2005 and 2011, within the Southern District of Florida, “I agreed with others to purchase tickets to the 2006 and 2010 FIFA World Cup and resell at a substantial profit. In 2006, I purchased the tickets directly from FIFA and I misled FIFA to believe that my partner in reselling the tickets was not involved in the transaction because I believed that FIFA would not have sold them to me had he been involved.

“In 2010, I purchased tickets from others in order to mislead FIFA to believe that I was not receiving tickets, because I believed that FIFA would no longer sell tickets directly to me. In furtherance of this agreement, I sent and received emails across state and international lines. In between 2005 and 2011, within the Southern District of Florida and elsewhere, I agreed with others to complete wire transfers from the United States to and from a place outside of the United States to further the previously-mentioned fraud to resell tickets to the 2007 and 2010 World Cups.”

Addressing the charge of structuring funds, Daryan said, “in between July 2011 and December 2011, in Queens, New York and other places, I deposited cash into domestic banks in amounts less than US$10,000 to avoid the banks filing the requisite reports for cash deposits in excess of US$10,000 I was aware that the banks was obligated to report currency transactions in excess of US$10,000 and I made the deposits in smaller amounts to evade this requirement. I made the deposits and violated the law as part of a pattern of illegal activity.”

Kontz stopped him and asked, “I made the deposits as part of a pattern of illegality. Is that what you said, sir?”

Daryan replied, “Yes, Your Honour.” He continued, “involving more than US$100,000 within the July 2011 to December 2011 period.”

Daryan and Daryll face maximum terms of incarceration of ten years for structuring financial transactions to evade currency reporting requirements. Each individual defendant also faces mandatory restitution, forfeiture and a fine. By the terms of their plea agreements, the corporate defendants face fines of US$500,000 and one year of probation.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:11:43 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>