April 19, 2024, 11:59:59 PM

Author Topic: Major TTFF changes promised; Muhammad tipped for return as manager  (Read 1253 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Major TTFF changes afoot; Muhammad tipped for managerial return
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Raymond Tim Kee told Wired868.com on the weekend that the local football fraternity should expect “major changes” in February.

However, Tim Kee stopped short of saying whether general secretary Richard Groden would be replaced or if, as rumoured, ex-national team manager David Muhammad will return to his former post.

“I think (Muhammad) was unceremoniously replaced,” Tim Kee told Wired868, “and anyone who was replaced for no reason, we will put that right. And that will be part of our discussions in the next management committee meeting…

“I have observed certain things (within our present managerial structure) where changes have to be effected. But it must first be shared with the executive committee before it can be implemented.

“What I can say is, by the end of this month, there will be some major changes.”

The national senior team is managed by former Secondary School Cricket League (SSCL) president William Wallace at present.

“I ended the year as national team manager and noone has told me anything since,” said Williams. “If a new management is in stream, then all I would expect is the courtesy to be told what is happening. I don’t think I own this position or anyone owes me anything. I would just expect some courtesy.”

Ironically, Wallace’s own appointment was also controversial as he replaced then national under-23 team manager Norris Ferguson, who felt he was being victimised by then interim TTFF president Lennox Watson.

Tim Kee was coy when asked if Groden had a future within the TTFF under his leadership.

“The entire administrative arm of the operation has and continues to be seriously analysed,” he said, “and adjustments are expected to be made.”

Muhammad, who is head of the Louis Farrakhan-inspired “Black Agenda Project” and a motivational speaker, was reserved when asked whether he was approached to return to football or if he had proposed himself. But he made it clear that he would welcome his old job.

“I will welcome the opportunity to once again serve my country doing a job that I dearly loved,” said Muhammad. “I most certainly do have a passion towards the job… If reappointed I will do my best to manage, organise, communicate with, network, inform and motivate the players and staff to continue to strive for excellence and also seek to reintroduce some earlier standards.

“My knowledge and experience in the field of Human Resource Management shall also once again be applied to my tasks.”

Muhammad served as national team manager under Colombian Francisco Maturana and local icon Russell Latapy and his tenure was not without controversy.

During his first stint, Trinidad and Tobago’s record scorer Stern John was informed of his non-selection for one game via text message, a bewildered Densill Theobald was left out of the team for close to a year after not taking up the captain’s armband for a friendly match and Maturana once claimed that a squad was selected and relayed to the media without his knowledge.

It is not known whether Muhammad had any role in any those incidents though and he insisted that his work was above reproach.

“I was the national team manager for 76 matches, traveling to 22 countries,” he said. “As far as I am aware, no one has questioned my output as manager before. I have always been available 24/7… I never allowed any impediment to become too much of an obstacle (to the national team) in the past.”

Tim Kee is expected to meet FIFA president Sepp Blatter in Zurich, Switzerland today and promised to petition the global body for funds that might allow him to reach a settlement with the 2006 World Cup players.

More than six years after the Germany-based tournament, Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup players still do not know what they are owed as they have never been privy to credible accounting documents.

But Tim Kee does not blame KPMG for the fiasco and said the TTFF will continue to work with the accounting firm.

“KPMG are also FIFA’s auditors,” he said. “They are top draw.”

One change that Tim Kee does plan to implement is the hiring of a finance department and an internal compliance auditor so as to improve the TTFF’s ability to manage its money.

He also claimed that a constitutional review committee was already in place and almost finished with recommendations to address the abnormal balance of power within the local game. The TTFF constitution, at present, ensures that zonal administrators and not football clubs have the ability to choose and remove the TTFF executive body.

In all the aforementioned matters, Tim Kee insisted that he would provide more details after his next executive committee meeting.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:16:30 AM by Flex »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Major TTFF changes promised; Muhammad tipped for return as manager
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:35:40 PM »
Backward step again and look how they fired Wallace, same old pattern.

Someone right here on the forum mention Tim Kee is bringing back Russell Latapy as coach.

No I starting to believe it.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:32:52 PM »
Tim kee  wha Groden still doing there ......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
Real Bull shit.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 08:59:27 PM »
Backward step again and look how they fired Wallace, same old pattern.

Someone right here on the forum mention Tim Kee is bringing back Russell Latapy as coach.

No I starting to believe it.

Insider this is not directed at you personally eh, but I callin bullshit on dis one:)

If dis happen, (as a die-hard) I firing de wuk, I done, bah bye...so yeah dis could never, ever happen, NEVER!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
Never say never..
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 07:05:29 AM »
Change and Mohammed in d same sentence. They need to consult an oxford dictionary as to see the meaning of change. Afterthe Jlloyd fiasco he should not manage a small goal team far less as MNT.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 07:16:29 AM »
More of the same means change for TTFF
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 07:57:29 AM »
Change and Mohammed in d same sentence. They need to consult an oxford dictionary as to see the meaning of change. Afterthe Jlloyd fiasco he should not manage a small goal team far less as MNT.

Refresh our memory.

1]; } ?>