April 29, 2024, 03:33:37 AM

Author Topic: Is College league in a mess?  (Read 4636 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Is College league in a mess?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2005, 10:11:28 PM »
how ever it play off it go be reall nice to see malick cut everybody skin dong to teams in bago an south malick beating
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 02:17:38 AM »
This thing (SSFL) develop into a big mess because of school insularity.
When it start, it start as Colleges league with no zones.
Then Tech an John D join in an start to buss up everybody an de colleges start to complain about that.
When they get rid of them , the senior comprehensives come into the picture an they had to separate into zones because if the structure had remain the same ,
school like CIC, PRES , FATIMA,TRINITY, QRC etc woulda be playing only lower div ball.
Remember the so called prestige colleges had threaten to form they own league some time ago.
I say is time to finish with the old and make way for the new.
Play a final year in the old format, then for the nextyear ,pick the top two teams from North, South, East and one each from Tobago and Central as your championship teams.
Have a first div made up de next two from North, South,  East etc
Then have zonal leagues . Who will qualify for first div the following year.
Every year demote automatically the bottom two from championship, promote automatically the top two from first div and have a playoff for a third spot.
For intercol keep existing format in the zones but establish rankings and seedings based on position in championship and first div.
For money to do this .... just ask........... 

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2005, 07:50:23 AM »
fatima, qrc, compre, tigers, malick, saints-NORTH-btw where the heck is trinity.

Trinity mash up d first division, unbeaten so far so they should replace Tranquil next year. They also getting to play Compre in the intercol since is 7 teams alone in the top flight so they needed one more to make it an even number. I looking for them to cause an upset...any team that winning and in form is always dangerous in a one -off game.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2005, 08:00:55 AM »
Fshs,
That idea might sound good for the quality but it wouldn work because after a while it will only have teams from the north, signal hill or scarborough, naparima,maybe benedicts and 2 from among eldo, arima or san juan. So then the other schools would never really get chance to develop and the sport will die in them schools. Plus, people in school glad when they team win Big 5 etc. but the real passion is in the zonal games. U feel as a QRC man I going all the way down to Princes Town to see us beat the hornets and is just a regular league game? The crowds will die and things will get worse...
From the tone of your post it sound like u never went to a school that had a rivalry. It have men (mostly from CIC :devil:) who know their team is always crap and cah win nuttin so all they care about is the Fatima, QRC and St. Anthony's game...take them kinda games away in an all national format and u will see how quickly school's football die.
They try it the year when they take away zonal intercol and start to do it nationally...it jus didn work, it had no hype those years and they had to revert. I from town and I know that to most of us here, it more important to win the zonal title than the national. I was there when QRC win big 7 in 97, but Mucurapo win the north zone league and St. Anthony's win the Intercol...them was the wins that people remembered. The national title is be more of a lagniappe than the real thing. Is like this...who get more ranks last year : Chelsea, English Champions or Liverpool, European Champions who knock Chelsea out?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2005, 08:26:24 AM »
something really needs to be done and we must move to one national division the zonal ain't making sense. in a national format you still have the zonal rivalry and even new rivalries will develop.

1 div 14-18 teams the more games the better.  Can't just take top 2 each zone not enough games. The ssfl must stay in place it is a major part of all the schools, bragging rights,student life, pride blah blah blah etc. 

the travel is a problem. but hopefully corporate TT handle this.
Stop the ban and let players play outside. these players have no  contract with these schools-so let man play where they want.

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2005, 10:18:37 AM »
How the ass Saints getting 7 from Fatima One day and Tranquill getting 9 from Fatima and them Tranquill going and get 5 from Saints too.

Nah something wrong they

Fatima better than Saints who are better than Tranquil. Not rocket science, Tranquil just putting out a bad squad this year.......  in school league the recruiting competing with academics and other necessities... Presentation (south) now come back from senior league and every year is money for academics, football, pan, swimming etc..... not everybody could allocate the necessary to the football on a consistent basis ...... yuh know de same could be said about the national team.... we didn hire beenie until de las'..... and we still playing wid locking down de man contract....  :chilling:

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2005, 02:13:22 PM »
fellas, God willing Trinidad qualify for germany 2006 look for real youthmen to get pull in for youth academies all across Europe.  Good talent, cheap prices.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2005, 11:24:47 PM »
From the tone of your post it sound like u never went to a school that had a rivalry. It have men (mostly from CIC ) who know their team is always crap and cah win nuttin so all they care about is the Fatima, QRC and St. Anthony's game...take them kinda games away in an all national format and u will see how quickly school's football die.

Spidey buff ah cyar see how you read that into my post.
But for your information, I went to school in QRC from 70 to 77, during that time was home and away with all the schools, true for some games we did not go down south but say what at that time QRC had some mediocre teams with one or two stars compared to Tech, Belmont, Tranquil, Pres South, Fatima. We always had a big rivalry with CIC and believe it or not also Tranquil.
So yes mister I understand what rivalry all about but we have to change this schools league so that the best teams have the opportunity to play each other as much as possible during the short season that exists. Right now what exists is a mockery of what went before. I also think that right now we can not say that it is a national league
because of how the league is structured.
Change is a hard thing to imagine but you have to try, to learn and make things better.

Ah hail out to all de men who smoke weed with mih in de west block.
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>