April 25, 2024, 11:12:02 AM

Author Topic: Shabazz consults with European coaches...T&T co-head coach describes his learnin  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shabazz consults with European coaches
...T&T co-head coach describes his learning stint.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s team Co-head coach  Jamaal Shabazz is currently in Europe observing clubs and the training methods used in UEFA.

Shabazz was able to witness Belgian-based national player Khaleem  Hyland in training with his club Racing Genk and also observe another Belgium club Standard Liege for one week.

"It’s been very useful exercise that has enabled me to compare the work we are doing in the Caribbean with what is being done in Europe, especially in terms of content and intensity, stated Shabazz.

"I can see that we are on the right track but if we want our players to be able to play in Europe the intensity levels have got to increase, “he added.

Shabazz is now in Antalya, Turkey where he has teamed up with Dutchman Theo de Jong who was one of the assistant coaches to Leo Beenhakker when Trinidad and Tobago qualified for the 2006 World Cup.

De Jong who was also an assistant to Guus Hiddink, is in charge of a team made up of players from the Eastern Europe, Africa and the Caribbean assembled by European based company Goal Management Group.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shouldn't he and co-coach be joined @ the hip? Or is co-coach on a fact-finding mission elsewhere?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shouldn't he and co-coach be joined @ the hip? Or is co-coach on a fact-finding mission elsewhere?
Co-ach must be get a all expense paid trip to the HISTORICAL  Mecca of caribbean football, Queen's Park Savannah.0

``

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Turkey.....   :worried:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So dis Shabazz thing is long-term then?
Who money paying for this trip? surely not TTFF who owing players match fees?
Is it cheaper to send ah jokey coach to 'learn' from ah pro coach than actually hiring a real coach?
So Roberts might get ah lil call up coming up here then?

Ok I done with meh rhetorical questions, let de jokeyness continue:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
If this is going to benefit our football then so be it!!!! if it is going to  deflect and  attempt to re-image what  wrongs have been made then another  mark on the governance of the TTFF.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I was on the flight to From Trini to London with Shabazz which was the beginning of his journey to Turkey. I recognized Guerra, Theobald and others and asked him if they had a match coming up. His answer was no but the guys had a trial and he was just accompanying them. They were all Caledonia AIA players so he probably had a vested interested in them. That said I am more than likely to believe that he paid for the trip rather than the TTFF as some here are asking and/or might be implying.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sounds like an all-inclusive euro vacation sponsored by the TTFF  >:(

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
First of all , the idea of being part of a learning experience  is a very good thing, Sitting at the feet of learned professionals can benefit our local coaches. I am at a lost to understand coaches accompanying players for trials abroad. something does not seem right and who is paying for this trip? It also raises question about who is really the head coach.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
he wasn't only with TnT players only but also a couple Guyanese. I doubt very much that TTFF will pay for foreigners to have trials abroad. I know you guys have the TTFF under the microscope given its past history(I do too) but it does sound a bit far-fetched to imply that they'll pay for that trip. C'mon don't let your hatred of TTFF cloud your good judgement!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ahhhhh, ok. So it was ah Caledonia AIA thing, well cool then.

And yeah ah guess if he pick up a few pointers while there it could benefit we football.

And Mr. Thomo bredda with all due respect, dis eh ha nothing to do with no HATRED for nobody, is just de consistent jokiness that comes from TnT football, makes one prepared to expect anything at anytime from anybody.

And who say dat we don't have an upcoming match, Shabazz, or Guerra or one ah dem?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz needs to go back to Guyana and give back Charles his job. These people don't know what they are doing.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Who signing Theobald at this age?  His opportunity in Europe is past.  He should have buckled down and suck it up, when he had the opportunity.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
This man is a real hoax yes! Giving impression he on official business when ho on his own gig! And Sean Fuentes writing untruths! What a thing! Untrustworthy people!

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@Fyzoman I spoke to Shabazz and he was the one that gave me that no answer. Did you expect him to actually tell me the internal runnings (i.e. upcoming matches that probably hadn't been finalized yet) of the TTFF on a flight to London?? I am no defender of the TTFF but simply tryna put things into perspective. Anymore questions??

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@Fyzoman I spoke to Shabazz and he was the one that gave me that no answer. Did you expect him to actually tell me the internal runnings (i.e. upcoming matches that probably hadn't been finalized yet) of the TTFF on a flight to London?? I am no defender of the TTFF but simply tryna put things into perspective. Anymore questions??

"So dis Shabazz thing is long-term then?
Who money paying for this trip? surely not TTFF who owing players match fees?
Is it cheaper to send ah jokey coach to 'learn' from ah pro coach than actually hiring a real coach?
So Roberts might get ah lil call up coming up here then
?"

Bredda dat was my original post, how we get here???
Anyway we kinda overlapping g on two different threads, and no I have no more questions for your kind sir.

1]; } ?>