April 25, 2024, 04:29:21 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (06-Feb-2013).  (Read 35605 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (06-Feb-2013).
« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
Please could the coaches and those involved in TT football come to their senses,KJ is a wasted pick in the position that he plays.KJ has missed so much since playing for TT that I have stopped counting.Play him as a defender,in mid field or even in goal but not as a striker he does not fit TTs game.He was the main reason we didn't qualify for SA 2010,just leave him in England,the fans in the North East where he used to play call him "the plank".

Midfielder sounds a good choice. He ain't no striker.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (06-Feb-2013).
« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
Please could the coaches and those involved in TT football come to their senses,KJ is a wasted pick in the position that he plays.KJ has missed so much since playing for TT that I have stopped counting.Play him as a defender,in mid field or even in goal but not as a striker he does not fit TTs game.He was the main reason we didn't qualify for SA 2010,just leave him in England,the fans in the North East where he used to play call him "the plank".

Fr

Aye, KJ is a type of striker...how about playing KJ with a guy like Peltier...both of them upfront with guerra and molino in the midfield....de man is de most fustrating at times, but we trini's rel vikey vikey...remember how stern light up in on de road to germany when men was calling for he head...Yes kenwyne eh score goals like john, and probably wouldnt...but instead jess putting ah man down, that making millions AS A STRIKER, how about we just even it out with someone who clinical, fast and could make them runs, and then KJ could hold up play, and fly at crosses...and we see that our guys be kicking in ball from all over de place!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2013, 07:17:20 PM »
Aye, KJ is a type of striker...how about playing KJ with a guy like Peltier...both of them upfront with guerra and molino in the midfield....de man is de most fustrating at times, but we trini's rel vikey vikey...remember how stern light up in on de road to germany when men was calling for he head...Yes kenwyne eh score goals like john, and probably wouldnt...but instead jess putting ah man down, that making millions AS A STRIKER, how about we just even it out with someone who clinical, fast and could make them runs, and then KJ could hold up play, and fly at crosses...and we see that our guys be kicking in ball from all over de place!
Men does decide who dey doh like and stick with that. They ain't seeing de game. Dey just seeing one man mistakes.

KJ cyah get no love. Scotty couldn't get no love. Stern couldn't get no love. Dwight couldn't get no love. Sealy couldn't get no love.

Seem like if a man playing foreign we want dem to come back with miracles. Dey ain't allowed to struggle or miss or fall down or have a off-night. Men making a living in leagues around de world, but we smarter dan them coaches. Dem shithongs ain't better than de men dey leave behind. We need to keep dem in dey place.

I guess.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »
Men does decide who dey doh like and stick with that. They ain't seeing de game. Dey just seeing one man mistakes.

KJ cyah get no love. Scotty couldn't get no love. Stern couldn't get no love. Dwight couldn't get no love. Sealy couldn't get no love.

Seem like if a man playing foreign we want dem to come back with miracles. Dey ain't allowed to struggle or miss or fall down or have a off-night. Men making a living in leagues around de world, but we smarter dan them coaches. Dem shithongs ain't better than de men dey leave behind. We need to keep dem in dey place.

I guess.

Well said fellahs.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (06-Feb-2013).
« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »

I guess.

Well said fellahs.

KJ ain't no baller

Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 08, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
For me KJ's ability has never been in question. I've been one of his biggest defenders.
It is his attitude that bothers me. You never know what will motivate him to bring it 100% during games.
Without knowing for sure, it appears that's the reason KJ has been moving from team to team. His managers are at a loss for how to get the best out of him. And it appears he is the type of person you can't push no matter what you try. He will play when he want to play kinda ting.
Cyar make my NT. Give me someone with lesser ability and consistent committment every time.

I look at the South American ballers like Tevez and Suarez. May not like their scruples etc, but no one could doubt their committment on the field.

T&T needs men who respect the shirt
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:14:47 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »
Get someone to put it on his head consistently. For people who did not see the game, when Jones made good forward runs off the ball, bleeder would look up, then pass backward or square, or lose d damn ball.  there was a chance for Carter to cross 1st half which went off the field. Not 1 set piece was put close to him.

There is reason he plays in the prem and not Roberts, Jorsling etc...

Imo we need a better midfield player to support Khaleem. Bleeder just looked out of it against a much more compact outfit. have not seen any of Boucad, or maybe Skilla or Chris could come in and play there.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2013, 12:04:29 AM »
Get someone to put it on his head consistently. For people who did not see the game, when Jones made good forward runs off the ball, bleeder would look up, then pass backward or square, or lose d damn ball.  there was a chance for Carter to cross 1st half which went off the field. Not 1 set piece was put close to him.

Imo we need a better midfield player to support Khaleem. Bleeder just looked out of it against a much more compact outfit. have not seen any of Boucad, or maybe Skilla or Chris could come in and play there.

why does our entire strategy have to revolve around KJ? its time someone drop him back as a defensive mid and out of the strikers role, but no, they can't do that because he wouldn't play for the national team and they are afraid it will jeopardize his career in london

KJ has to fit into the FRAMEWORK not the other way around... put guerra as striker, he might do more damage than KJ, roberts with guerra up top will do more damage...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2013, 12:08:16 AM »

not just a mid, a defensive mid, holding mid at that, you want to strengthen your D, let KJ cool it in the back, but he won't play if he gets drop back and it is at the cost of our national sr program to keep up top but he doesn't care and the coaches don't have the belly to do it bc they don't want to wreck his status in london, flying down to play for backward trinidad and can't make striker, one setta ole talk

KJ lucky he is playing as a striker in london, but on the other hand hes getting paid, so he will bleed on the field, tt is a vacation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43:29 PM »

I guess.

Well said fellahs.

allyuh fellahs ain't tired making excuses for these hard back men??  :D

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2013, 02:53:20 PM »

I guess.

Well said fellahs.

allyuh fellahs ain't tired making excuses for these hard back men??  :D
Nah, Hardest will prove me right one day. I believe in him.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »

why does our entire strategy have to revolve around KJ? its time someone drop him back as a defensive mid and out of the strikers role, but no, they can't do that because he wouldn't play for the national team and they are afraid it will jeopardize his career in london

KJ has to fit into the FRAMEWORK not the other way around... put guerra as striker, he might do more damage than KJ, roberts with guerra up top will do more damage...

I agree with you. KJ is a good utility player and did it under Beenie, we have options up front but not alot in the back. KJ could play defensive mid and get rid of Bleeder once and for all. He could even play right wing with Carlos behind him.

He could be the Tony Rougier of his era.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
Now home.. Not depressed at all...was so good to see the team trying to build attacks from the back. Kenwyne miss was horrific. Guerra played well. Defense didn't look bad. Theobald once again was frustrating. Fine in rushing up to players without really putting any pressure on them. Seems like he is happy to do "enough".
Crowd support in numbers was decent but other than that u felt like u were in a library. Was nice and easy to walk over to the uncovered and get seats on the half line.
Glad to see fellow presentation alumni, future president of TnT come across and take in the game  :D

So for those who went to the game, did we not have as many wasted long balls from the back as we usually have?

I was waiting for someone to post a link of the actual game so I could see for myself, but that apparently not happening >:(
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »
Now home.. Not depressed at all...was so good to see the team trying to build attacks from the back. Kenwyne miss was horrific. Guerra played well. Defense didn't look bad. Theobald once again was frustrating. Fine in rushing up to players without really putting any pressure on them. Seems like he is happy to do "enough".
Crowd support in numbers was decent but other than that u felt like u were in a library. Was nice and easy to walk over to the uncovered and get seats on the half line.
Glad to see fellow presentation alumni, future president of TnT come across and take in the game  :D

So for those who went to the game, did we not have as many wasted long balls from the back as we usually have?

I was waiting for someone to post a link of the actual game so I could see for myself, but that apparently not happening >:(

Youre right, not until very late in the game a long ball was played. The ball was played out of the back 99 percent of the time so there was no early wastage of possession. But this is not new, leading up to and throughout the Caribbean tournament this has been the mode of play under Hutson Charles, this is why i made the point in my matchday comments that i don't see anything material different since Shabazz has been brought in.

On the flip side, what it does is slow down the pace of the game significantly because in the first option in the midfield is to play the safe pass either square or back so if teams playing against us sit back there are little options going forward. Most of our attacking play actually came when Peru attempted to press and we were able to execute a few passes that either led to Carter or Guerra with some room to attack behind the spaces.

I feel a bit better because watching the game you see a plan in place and some tactical discipline from the players in executing the same. You feel good because you can see a plan on how we play and i think in some key positions Hyland, Guerra, Roberts the players to make it work albeit in spurts.

One of personnel issues i think once we can solve would make us extremely stronger is a midfielder to play with Hyland who is extremely good defensively. Theobald was the person employed this time but as another person mentioned he does a lot of hussle without actually tackling and the ball is passed around him easily. In fact lemme call it what it is, we need a bruiser. A player physically strong but with a good touch as well. Unfortunately i can't even find a player currently who fits both bills. Because in the minds of the technical staff they prefer the technically correct midfielder probably because of this same reason of ensuring we keep possession rather than someone to win possession, most midfielders we have can either do one or the other only. Hyland and Theobald held their own but i think we can really unlock Hyland from an attacking standpoint if we can get someone to take off a bit more of his defensive responsibilities.

We need more games. 

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2013, 11:43:09 AM »

One of personnel issues i think once we can solve would make us extremely stronger is a midfielder to play with Hyland who is extremely good defensively. Theobald was the person employed this time but as another person mentioned he does a lot of hussle without actually tackling and the ball is passed around him easily. In fact lemme call it what it is, we need a bruiser. A player physically strong but with a good touch as well. Unfortunately i can't even find a player currently who fits both bills. Because in the minds of the technical staff they prefer the technically correct midfielder probably because of this same reason of ensuring we keep possession rather than someone to win possession, most midfielders we have can either do one or the other only. Hyland and Theobald held their own but i think we can really unlock Hyland from an attacking standpoint if we can get someone to take off a bit more of his defensive responsibilities.

joevin jones or daniel cyrus could develop into this kind of player. and maybe jomal williams or duane muckette from the u-20s. either way, that is one position with big shoes to fill i.e. nakhid, yorke in 2006, whitley.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
What did Tourism hook up for the visiting team? Not from a cost standpoint but from showing them the island.

steups, dem come to tour or play a game?

It's a fairly well-settled practice for "touring"/visiting teams to do more than just play, go to the hotel and gape.

1]; } ?>