April 27, 2024, 02:19:37 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (06-Feb-2013).  (Read 35679 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (06-Feb-2013).
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
Now home.. Not depressed at all...was so good to see the team trying to build attacks from the back. Kenwyne miss was horrific. Guerra played well. Defense didn't look bad. Theobald once again was frustrating. Fine in rushing up to players without really putting any pressure on them. Seems like he is happy to do "enough".
Crowd support in numbers was decent but other than that u felt like u were in a library. Was nice and easy to walk over to the uncovered and get seats on the half line.
Glad to see fellow presentation alumni, future president of TnT come across and take in the game  :D

Back in Trini...

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2013, 10:52:02 PM »
Now home.. Not depressed at all...was so good to see the team trying to build attacks from the back. Kenwyne miss was horrific. Guerra played well. Defense didn't look bad. Theobald once again was frustrating. Fine in rushing up to players without really putting any pressure on them. Seems like he is happy to do "enough".
Crowd support in numbers was decent but other than that u felt like u were in a library. Was nice and easy to walk over to the uncovered and get seats on the half line.
Glad to see fellow presentation alumni, future president of TnT come across and take in the game  :D

Agree with your assessment. Guerra #7 was particularly impressive.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »
Guerra #7 was particularly impressive.

Nice to hear some positive thing about this yute.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
If we can do a few things differently in our football especially from an administrative and technical standpoint we can compete with quality teams.

Is after 12 locally so i will just highlight a few things.

I have never seen too much of Peru as a team, just a sampling of their players in different leagues, Peru is technically sound as you would expect with a south american team. From sight it looked as if this is a team that has played together for years probably from youth to first team ranks. There is a subtle cohesiveness about their play, easy on the eyes. They seemed a bit docile though, maybe cause it was just a friendly or they already felt they were better than our boys, not overly intense which worked in our favour cause when we dicided to push them we got some joy for good periods.

Now for our boys, lemme first say that i'm only going to comment about the first 70 minutes or so before the mass subsitutions which essentially killed of the game. One thing it did was wake up the pro league players and made them realize what real international football is all about cause Peru practically ran rings around them for the last 20 minutes and got their second item. 

Our general play was very narrow, especially in the first half we didnt get much joy down the flanks, the general play was to pass along the back then feed to either Hyland or Theobald who would look for Guerra and a lesser extent Jones who was extremely poor in the first half. The Edwards/Roberts combination on the right side was preferred if we were looking to keep possession as both players worked well with each other combining with the central midfielders but it was hardly penetrative just across and back but it keep going there cause those were the players that looked most comfortable on the ball under pressure and was able to move it around in tight spaces.

Hyland is evolving into what we all expected, he is starting to look head and shoulders above the rest, Guerra probably has just as good a touch but his decision making is what is showing due to his professional development abroad. The real shocker for me was Kevon Carter, while largely anonymous in the first half he was switched over to the right where i think he is more comfortable and the Peruvian left back simply could not stay with him, looked back to his best after the injury, he took a knock in the second half and had to substituted.

Guerra is like enigma, superiorly talented footballer, he played in the hole behind Jones which suits him best. lovely touch and a nice burst of pace, his decision making will improve if he gets exposed to a more consistent competitive environment. He needs to have the ball consistently though and if we are not keeping possession he will disappear for periods at a time cause he's not great defensively. He and Hyland are mainstays in the medium and long term though.

Theobald will always put in his shift, Denzil is technically good but he suffers again from a sluggish pro league. I call him a pro league bully, for Caledonia he coasts through games looking like a general but when the tempo is amped up it shows him up at times. Some errant passes but i think the coaching staff will always keep him around cause like it or not he is the experience in the middle and has to bridge the transition to the younger players. I wish he would stay at a european club just to get him out of that pro league form which is too much of a comfort zone for him.

Kenwyne Jones will never win over a local crowd sorry to say. In the first half he was low on form and effort, poor collection, out muscled and fumbling possession. He had a better second half with improvements all around, but we are where we are as a team and in competitive games we may get only one or two clear chances on goal and he scuffed a tap in after a brilliant run by Guerra. I even question whether the coaches may keep him in their plans if they really find a forward who can link up better with midfield. Seems to take his place based on reputation of being a premiership player.

I am understanding the philosophy of what Charles is trying to do. And i say Charles because i haven't seen any material change in tactics or formation since Shabazz has joined the setup. The philosophy is short passing, the style is evident but the execution is sporadic because the players collectively are not as technically sound. The general consensus is that we played really well today in large patches simply because when you throw in Roberts, Edwards and Hyland with Theobald and Guerra you immediately get better cause the personnel is better equipped to execute and with more games together that cohesiveness will build. We need to consistently play good teams to ensure we get good practice.

The back line was decent, the tactics were to keep possession and play into the central midfield and that was fairly simple to execute. There were no long balls until the euro players were subbed off. Carlos at 33 (i think) still has a nice change of pace as is really what is needed with a battery of young talented centre backs coming through the ranks.

The goal keepers didn't have much to do, Phillip parried a shot in front rather to the side which allowed the tap in but that was isolated to be honest.

Lawd is after 1 so i will conclude there. Summary point is that we need more games against good opposition with the best available team. If we can we will see progress.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2013, 11:46:01 PM »
If we can do a few things differently in our football especially from an administrative and technical standpoint we can compete with quality teams.

I have never seen too much of Peru as a team, just a sampling of their players in different leagues, Peru is technically sound as you would expect with a south american team. From sight it looked as if this is a team that has played together for years probably from youth to first team ranks. There is a subtle cohesiveness about their play, easy on the eyes. They seemed a bit docile though, maybe cause it was just a friendly or they already felt they were better than our boys, not overly intense which worked in our favour cause when we dicided to push them we got some joy for good periods.

Now for our boys, lemme first say that i'm only going to comment about the first 70 minutes or so before the mass subsitutions which essentially killed of the game. One thing it did was wake up the pro league players and made them realize what real international football is all about cause Peru practically ran rings around them for the last 20 minutes and got their second item. 

Our general play was very narrow, especially in the first half we didnt get much joy down the flanks, the general play was to pass along the back then feed to either Hyland or Theobald who would look for Guerra and a lesser extent Jones who was extremely poor in the first half. The Edwards/Roberts combination on the right side was preferred if we were looking to keep possession as both players worked well with each other combining with the central midfielders but it was hardly penetrative just across and back but it keep going there cause those were the players that looked most comfortable on the ball under pressure and was able to move it around in tight spaces.

Hyland is evolving into what we all expected, he is starting to look head and shoulders above the rest, Guerra probably has just as good a touch but his decision making is what is showing due to his professional development abroad. The real shocker for me was Kevon Carter, while largely anonymous in the first half he was switched over to the right where i think he is more comfortable and the Peruvian left back simply could not stay with him, looked back to his best after the injury, he took a knock in the second half and had to substituted.

Guerra is like enigma, superiorly talented footballer, he played in the hole behind Jones which suits him best. lovely touch and a nice burst of pace, his decision making will improve if he gets exposed to a more consistent competitive environment. He needs to have the ball consistently though and if we are not keeping possession he will disappear for periods at a time cause he's not great defensively. He and Hyland are mainstays in the medium and long term though.

Theobald will always put in his shift, Denzil is technically good but he suffers again from a sluggish pro league. I call him a pro league bully, for Caledonia he coasts through games looking like a general but when the tempo is amped up it shows him up at times. Some errant passes but i think the coaching staff will always keep him around cause like it or not he is the experience in the middle and has to bridge the transition to the younger players. I wish he would stay at a european club just to get him out of that pro league form which is too much of a comfort zone for him.

Kenwyne Jones will never win over a local crowd sorry to say. In the first half he was low on form and effort, poor collection, out muscled and fumbling possession. He had a better second half with improvements all around, but we are where we are as a team and in competitive games we may get only one or two clear chances on goal and he scuffed a tap in after a brilliant run by Guerra. I even question whether the coaches may keep him in their plans if they really find a forward who can link up better with midfield. Seems to take his place based on reputation of being a premiership player.

I am understanding the philosophy of what Charles is trying to do. And i say Charles because i haven't seen any material change in tactics or formation since Shabazz has joined the setup. The philosophy is short passing, the style is evident but the execution is sporadic because the players collectively are not as technically sound. The general consensus is that we played really well today in large patches simply because when you throw in Roberts, Edwards and Hyland with Theobald and Guerra you immediately get better cause the personnel is better equipped to execute and with more games together that cohesiveness will build. We need to consistently play good teams to ensure we get good practice.

The back line was decent, the tactics were to keep possession and play into the central midfield and that was fairly simple to execute. There were no long balls until the euro players were subbed off. Carlos at 33 (i think) still has a nice change of pace as is really what is needed with a battery of young talented centre backs coming through the ranks.

The goal keepers didn't have much to do, Phillip parried a shot in front rather to the side which allowed the tap in but that was isolated to be honest.

Lawd is after 1 so i will conclude there. Summary point is that we need more games against good opposition with the best available team. If we can we will see progress.

was the first one on this board to point out guerra as a superior talent, even better than hyland imo but didn't get out of trini early enough to capitalize, hopefully soon...

the best thing they can do is get jones out of the strikers position, imo hes keeping the team back...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:44 AM »

Thanks boss. Much appreciated.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2013, 04:01:49 AM »
Yes G, niceness. big up and nuff respect.    :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2013, 07:37:43 AM »
so wait nah...all de ass talk ..but no one mentioned that peru first goal was an Illegal play ??

Kenwyne caught the ball in his hands for an linesman call for a ball hit downfield from defence which crossed the throw line..he had it in his hands..and a ball boy give peru another ball and they restart play quickly with the original ball still on the field..
yes they caught us napping..but the ref should have stopped the game as two balls were on the field...and we were in control of the match then

to the poster ' G"...very good report man...well done
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:24 AM »

nice recap for those of us who missed the game. thx.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2013, 08:36:15 AM »
dis board is where de real die hards is...thanks fellas for the reports

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2013, 09:17:02 AM »

Ditto.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2013, 09:49:50 AM »
When was de last time we had a striker de crowd love?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »

my thanks as well

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
Thanks 4 who ever strted d game at 830 my transport was late. The team eh look bad. I have seen us played much worse in the past and the fact that I eh leave d stadium wit a headache was a gd ting.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »
True...We didn't even like Yorke in he prime

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
Closest is Cornell, I guess. Maybe a Baptiste.

Somehow, because de rest of de team only capable of creating one or two chances, we want we strikers to be world class clinical finishers like they ain't coming out de same pool as the other 10.

Man was top scorer and assist leader de last time few games he play for we. But he no good and need replacing because he had a bad half and a miskick.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:14:40 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
Somehow, because de rest of de team only capable of creating one or two chances, we want we strikers to be world class clinical finishers like they ain't coming out de same pool as the other 10.

True dat!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2013, 05:40:53 PM »
Not to go off subject, but it seemed to me that Peru's national anthem must be the worlds longest. The DJ actually cut it short. I wasn't sure if he was playing a complete album or perhaps the remixed 12" version.
Reminded me of this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggb1kRwNbW0

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »
Not to go off subject, but it seemed to me that Peru's national anthem must be the worlds longest. The DJ actually cut it short. I wasn't sure if he was playing a complete album or perhaps the remixed 12" version.

All dem SAmerican anthem but Peru really have d longest 4 shrrr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
on one ah d radio stations tink was 105 a mic was on and yuh actually hear somebody bawl "dah anthem long boy"
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2013, 09:44:44 PM »

Dwight in his prime had the same problem getting release for important games.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2013, 09:49:32 PM »

Yep, all them anthems long. Mexico, Argentina and Italy are the worse. When you think it ending, it start up again.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
TTFF thanks fans for their support
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »

When you have to be grateful to a crowd of 4500, you know things bad. But then again that's the stage we reach.
--------------------------

TTFF thanks fans for support
Published:
Friday, February 8, 2013

Text Size: 
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation yesterday expressed a heartfelt thank you to supporters who turned up at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on Wednesday night to view the friendly international between T&T and Peru, which the visitors won 2-0.

An estimated crowd of 4,500 witnessed the match and their support was deeply appreciated by Federation president Raymond Tim Kee, other TTFF personnel and all players and members of the T&T coaching staff.

“We would like to extend a big thank you to all those who attended and supported Wednesday’s friendly international between our team and Peru,” Tim Kee stated.

“We knew from the first day that we agreed to host Peru that it would have been a huge undertaking but we decided to go through with it because of the importance of our national team being exposed to this level of international opposition in preparation for the Concacaf Gold Cup.

“We were very much aware that hosting a match in Couva would be challenging in the midst of the Carnival festivities. With all that considered, the eventual number of fans that came out left us far from disappointed. In fact, I could go as far as to say that it left me pleased and with a sense of hope going forward as we attempt to bring our football back (to) a level of respectability and attraction that will be beneficial to this country. The fans were trouble-free and we were happy as hosts to have them at the match at the Ato Boldon Stadium,” Tim Kee added.

The TTFF president was also grateful for the “tremendous support extended by the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Sport towards this event and the preparation of our national team.”

Gratitude was also extended to the Hilton Trinidad and the Holiday Inn Express for their co-operation and fine service during the hosting of the two teams as well as all other persons who assisted in the running of the event.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2013, 06:37:41 AM »
What did Tourism hook up for the visiting team? Not from a cost standpoint but from showing them the island.

truetrini

« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
What did Tourism hook up for the visiting team? Not from a cost standpoint but from showing them the island.

steups, dem come to tour or play a game?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »

Yep, all them anthems long. Mexico, Argentina and Italy are the worse. When you think it ending, it start up again.

:rotfl: Doh let Buffon hear you say dat nah my boy does serenade de stadium

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2013, 02:39:24 PM »
VB is carnival so they extra happy 4 d 4500.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »

:rotfl: Doh let Buffon hear you say dat nah my boy does serenade de stadium

my boy love he anthem

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xS7eWtUJ2-A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xS7eWtUJ2-A</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »
We have the best anthem. Short, Sweet and Relevant. Just 11 lines, I think.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2013, 05:23:55 PM »
Please could the coaches and those involved in TT football come to their senses,KJ is a wasted pick in the position that he plays.KJ has missed so much since playing for TT that I have stopped counting.Play him as a defender,in mid field or even in goal but not as a striker he does not fit TTs game.He was the main reason we didn't qualify for SA 2010,just leave him in England,the fans in the North East where he used to play call him "the plank".

1]; } ?>