April 26, 2024, 03:30:21 AM

Author Topic: Ansil Elcock available for duty  (Read 8588 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Ansil Elcock available for duty
« on: March 26, 2005, 12:58:16 PM »
Just saw Ansil Elcock being interviewed on Total Football(Gayelle).

He said he is still interested in playing for the National Team if called on by BSC and did not retire.
He is 36...plays for Jabloteh I think. 

Anyone saw him play recently?  Is he the same workhorse that used to be galloping up and down the field?
Maybe a good candidate for player coach....not necessarily to play in WCQ but to work with the local defenders in training games....I guess like Nahkid.

"Jabloteh jumped on the board first in the 26th minute after Kerry Baptiste drilled home an Ansil Elcock cross past Metros goalkeeper Zach Wells on the far post."
Who see him in this game?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ansil Elcock available for duty
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 01:06:32 PM »
Who see him in this game?

Touches went tuh dat game and dis is what he say about Elcock:

"Ancil elcock was the purger in the back, over beating and lorsing the ball on occasion but he play with heart and if you remember the game against the Brazilians which was his last in national colours he showed he was still able to handle it. Not his best game but the man still is competent."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 02:03:05 PM »
De same Ancil Elcock who was helpin de US Scouts spy on we Under 20 team?  Why he doh go and play fuh dem?  See if dey go tek he.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 02:10:13 PM »
Ancil elcock at age 36? Give me a break, we have youngsters that need development. He has served us well and is a well appreciated FORMER national player, lets leave him at that.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 02:11:52 PM »

U didn't see the coach part or wha?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 03:18:45 PM »

U didn't see the coach part or wha?

He said he is still interested in playing for the National Team if called on by BSC and did not retire.
He is 36...plays for Jabloteh I think.

Wha part of he still interested in playing for the National team yuh miss?

And is you self say PLAYER COACH.  How yuh go be a player coach if yuh eh doin both?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 03:35:11 PM »
whappen Palos, yuh doh like elcock eh coach?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 03:02:56 AM »

Ok lemme say it again.
He interested to come back and I sure that mean in whatever capacity.

He could come to be just a coach full stop if that is what they ask him to do.

If you doh agree with no part of him being on the field then forget bout the player/coach ting.

Only reason I bring it up cuz it seem like the trend with we old players...so maybe it easier for them to instruct the players if they in the mix themselves.  But I was suggesting that only for training games...like if he playing with the local players at home against some local opposition...not even full Int'l games where he would just be on the technical staff.

I just think at some point we would want to use him because if we don't I pretty sure he will end up somewhere up North and we better off developing our young coaches...better yet if they are past nationals.  He was even calling for players like Dwight, Shaka and Latas to consider the option of coming home to help in that kind of coaching capacity(not necessarily just for the national team).

So forget the player part if yuh think he not able.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 04:29:28 AM »
He in de perfect age group dat BSC looking for.   :-[

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Elcock apologizes for infamous tackle that halted Blanco's run to Euro glory
By Tom Marshall (espnfc.com)

Cuauhtemoc Blanco may be one of Mexico's all-time greatest stars, but many feel he didn't conquer Europe and become a bona fide worldwide icon due to one particular incident back on Oct. 8, 2000.

That World Cup qualifier between Mexico and Trinidad and Tobago provided probably the most historic moment in a game between the countries, who lock horns on Tuesday at Haseley Crawford Stadium.

With 72 minutes on the clock at Estadio Azteca and El Tri 6-0 up, Trinidad and Tobago defender Ancil Elcock made a reckless high lunge toward the rapid Blanco, who was 27 and had not long been playing his club football at Real Valladolid. It was a life-changing moment for both footballers.

Blanco was forced out for six months with a cruciate ligament tear in his right knee and lost some pace on his return, while Elcock is still a famous name in both Trinidad and Mexico, where he was labeled "El carnicero" (the butcher). He still finds it difficult to talk about the incident that marked his career.

"For the last like 15 years, [since] the last qualifier that I played in Mexico when I got the red card, I've been apologizing to [Blanco] and his family on behalf of my family and I and the public of Trinidad and Tobago," said the 48-year-old in an interview with ESPN FC in the hills outside Port of Spain on Tuesday. "Again, I'd like to say, I'm sorry. It wasn't willful, [it was] unfortunate."

Elcock, who played over 100 games in MLS for the Columbus Crew, didn't relive the tackle until four years later, when a friend showed it to him on YouTube and said Mexico fans still haven't forgotten. Back in January, Elcock was in Orlando, Florida when he had to write his name down in a store and was instantly recognized, causing cameras to be brought out and Elcock to recall the incident one more time.

"I'm not only a celebrity in Trinidad, but also a celebrity in Mexico, too," said Elcock, who will be at the World Cup qualifier on Tuesday.

Elcock hasn't spoken to 44-year-old Blanco since the tackle, which the former Soca Warriors star still finds difficult to discuss, but he wants to reach out to the Mexico star in the name of friendship and forgiveness.

Elcock currently coaches youngsters and is hoping to develop talent in his homeland, where he is in the process of setting up a foundation. He wants to invite Blanco -- who is currently mayor of the Mexican town of Cuernavaca -- to bring a team of youngsters on his birthday (March 17) next year to the recreation ground named after him in Frederick Settlement near Port of Spain. There, he plans to offer an olive branch and draw a line under an incident that shaped both their careers and lives.

Whether Blanco, who said earlier this year that the tackle ended his chances of moving to Real Madrid, responds remains to be seen.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 04:43:29 PM »
WATCH: In-depth interview with former national and Columbus Crew defender, Ansil Elcock

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_O5fu3DkZyE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_O5fu3DkZyE</a>

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 01:34:07 AM »
TTFA- from the interview appears to be seeking its pound of flesh-

Ummm- to have that kinda power over players is unwielding- they operate like FIFA when it comes to dictating all things football.
Not even ah player could sh....t without TTFA wanting ah smell
Sad

1]; } ?>