March 28, 2024, 10:01:45 AM

Author Topic: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.  (Read 50432 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2016, 02:56:07 PM »

Honestly I feel like we being used as second fiddle here. Is either he wants to play for T&T or not.. This is not a papyshow ting. This is national football team football here we talking about

Unless the player has absolutely no chance of making his birth country's team, we're always second fiddle. That's the reality.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2016, 03:09:45 PM »

Honestly I feel like we being used as second fiddle here. Is either he wants to play for T&T or not.. This is not a papyshow ting. This is national football team football here we talking about

Unless the player has absolutely no chance of making his birth country's team, we're always second fiddle. That's the reality.

Right and its about time we accept this knowing that he is waiting to see if he gets his American call up. He is basically holding out. That is the reality. Once we can accept this is reality there will be less confusion about why he aint select T&T or make a decision yet.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2016, 03:15:59 PM »
Until such time as he is the holder of a T&T passport, this "holding out" talk is entirely academic. A genuine situation of holding out will exist when he is in possession of both passports and pussyfooting.

As we on dis, anyone care to ask De Leon (the dad), why he has been waiting on a special dispensation to get his i.e. (Leroy's) passport?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:27:22 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2016, 03:58:41 PM »

sometimes it's not even that precise, ala raheem sterling and J loyd samuels. those two fellows chose their adopted country over their birth place with J loyd giving up on a sure opportunity to play in a world cup for a slim chance to represent the lions, and i can't blame them either. case and point, it's 2016 and the federation still can't get it together 10 years after a world cup appearance. people could do without that level of stress.

side note. when we loss to haiti i saw the look on boucard's face, it was a look of pure disappointment and anguish. i don't think foreigners are cool with losing like we are, that's just not in their culture.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:04:05 PM by pull stones »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2016, 09:30:03 AM »
One  fan thinks if the US changes coaches Nick might have a chance .
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:38:26 AM by Quags »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2016, 09:48:08 AM »
One  fan thinks if the US changes coaches Nick might have a chance .

Not exactly revolutionary thought. Nothing new here.

Under any US NT coach, lehme ask posters to project how many caps (maximum) they conceive ND achieving during his career.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2016, 09:59:59 AM »
Under any US NT coach, lehme ask posters to project how many caps (maximum) they conceive ND achieving during his career.

Zero. He's already 25 years old. His decision makes itself as far as I'm concerned.  :beermug:

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2016, 11:40:50 PM »
Wish him well with whatever he makes. Best of luck for both country and club...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »

Right and its about time we accept this knowing that he is waiting to see if he gets his American call up. He is basically holding out. That is the reality. Once we can accept this is reality there will be less confusion about why he aint select T&T or make a decision yet. 

Yep. And it's not like the USA never plays second fiddle either. We were the fallback choice for Jermaine Jones, for example, and other German-Americans as well.

That's how many countries end up getting some of their best players.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2016, 07:03:49 PM »
just watch him there in a loss to philly. as much as i was checkin to say fork off to he, i end up feelin like he could be useful to t&t man. a (less skillful) latapy style # 10 in my opinion which could change up how the team look if he come off the bench. press on...sort out the passport.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2016, 01:59:59 PM »
DeLeon is not on the USA's Copa America roster that was announced a few days ago, even though I don't think he's ever really been on Klinsmann's radar at all.

I imagine his commitment to T&T is just a matter of time, although I could also see him waiting until the Hex to do it.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2016, 03:39:27 PM »
Is DeLeon looking forward to make the US team????

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 23, 2016, 04:58:33 PM »
Love to have him as a Warrior but this shit is like beating a dead horse
Time to move on,leave that brother alone,if he shows good if not life goes on
Hate to say this it's like Bobby Z ...all over again.... :devil:bio
We are not hard to find......

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 23, 2016, 05:00:49 PM »
What is all this? I taught Nick was having issues getting his passport?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
What is all this? I taught Nick was having issues getting his passport?

Yes I believe someone reported that it was a problem on Leroy's end that was holding him up, but he was trying to become eligible.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »
I wondered if it was only me?

I thought he had already made his decision?

I guess Jurgen could ketch ah vaps and all of ah sudden decide to call him up in the middle ah WC qualifying?

Two years later and the man is now 28.

Don't worry in the next 18 months if the US still blanking him, he will make his move.

The truth is he is doing what all others before him have done. He will come to TT only if the land of his birth doesn't want him.

Remember J Loyd Samuel made us wait about a decade. We were running after him since he was 19.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
I wondered if it was only me?

I thought he had already made his decision?

I guess Jurgen could ketch ah vaps and all of ah sudden decide to call him up in the middle ah WC qualifying?

Two years later and the man is now 28.

Don't worry in the next 18 months if the US still blanking him, he will make his move.

The truth is he is doing what all others before him have done. He will come to TT only if the land of his birth doesn't want him.

Remember J Loyd Samuel made us wait about a decade. We were running after him since he was 19.

VB
And I don't fault them for that at all. As long as they fully committed if/when they eventually decide... welcome.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2018, 12:02:41 AM »
Ah wonder if Leroy reach by de passport office yet?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2021, 09:39:54 AM »
So does he have his passport yet ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2021, 07:57:53 PM »
How has he been performing for Toronto FC? Is he a starter?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2021, 09:23:46 PM »
How has he been performing for Toronto FC? Is he a starter?

Yes and playing as an attacker
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2021, 01:59:32 AM »
Another " has been"  we eh need to kick tires about individuals with no desire to wear the colours - it eh like he go have that kinda impact to save TnT football. In his prime he eh get ah whiff of the USA national
ass so why we trying to throw ah bone for a sheep dog?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2021, 02:53:32 PM »
His dad lost his birth paper and doesn't seem interested in getting it, hence he cannot get a passport, Nick wants to play for us.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2021, 03:00:00 PM »
His dad lost his birth paper and doesn't seem interested in getting it, hence he cannot get a passport, Nick wants to play for us.
So can someone else help him in getting his birth paper or does it have to be his dad? I'm not sure how that works.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2021, 03:42:24 PM »
So can someone else help him in getting his birth paper or does it have to be his dad? I'm not sure how that works.
All he needs to do is get an affidavit. Go to court and swear that is you basically.
My cousin's mum did it!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »
All he needs to do is get an affidavit. Go to court and swear that is you basically.
My cousin's mum did it!

buh wait .. so easy ....lol

1]; } ?>