March 28, 2024, 04:58:50 PM

Author Topic: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.  (Read 50440 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »
Who he replacing ?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »
Who he replacing ?
We only have one striker of note at the moment. And we left wing ain't sort out yet.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2013, 04:17:33 AM »
Screw him - if he had the passion and dedication to play for T&T he'd have accepted the call up years ago - T&T doesn't need more half-assed players

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2013, 05:56:18 AM »
Who he replacing ?

Dat doh matter. We need options. We require depth and competition for places.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
Who he replacing ?
We only have one striker of note at the moment. And we left wing ain't sort out yet.
      Why is it we only have one striker of note and our left wing ain't sort out yet? the reason for that is we not looking in the right places,we have them right here in the Super league,give those guys a chance and you will see what going to happen,check the amout of goals scoreing in the Super League i don't think is by mistake,i remember some time ago Hart was attending some of these games may be he didn't see any thing.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2013, 07:38:24 AM »
Screw him - if he had the passion and dedication to play for T&T he'd have accepted the call up years ago - T&T doesn't need more half-assed players

We will all get over it, just like how we got over Justin Hoyte rejecting us at first nothing new.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
Options man, options!!!

Call him up, we could always do him what US do Finley, lock him to TnT so de US cah get him:)

On de real though, why men doh hush dey ass about why we should call him??

De man father was a big,big, player for we...he is ah youth who was exploring he options, while TnT football was undergoing (ahem) changes, now we have some level of stability, de fellah (apparently) make a decision now...I woulda do de same damn ting if I was he!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2013, 08:17:07 AM »
Not like we have plenty to choose from anyway
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:47 AM »
This is positive news!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2013, 10:08:52 AM »
So options wise..off the top of my head, we have...
Boucaud,Daniel,George,Guerra,Hector,Hyland,Jones,Jones,Joseph,Peltier,Plaza,Winchester(12)+ 2 goalies + 6 out & out Defenders=24...and Deleon, more deserving of a 3rd invitation than a never denied invitation from, Baptiste, Carter, Roberts, Jorsling, not counting the gentlemen Coops mentioned in Super league (don't know them - or other forwards from Pro league),  because he feel like now, and things better organized ?

I think he was good, but didn't realize he was THAT good, he must be better than his dad, and IS the best player in the US system, though I must have caught a couple of his bad games.

I guess we could always throw out the stalwarts and dedicated potentials, cause we can get them whenever we feel like it.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2013, 10:40:16 AM »
I say call him up! If he accepts the call, shows the dedication to the team and the cause and show that he deserves a start then by all means give him his start.
We need as much competition for places as possible as it will only make our team better in the long run and that long run is qualification for the 2018 World Cup and beyond.  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
If true this will be a good look for our squad! Nick is young and will be a big player.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »
Don't know how many ppl see the youth play...I have many times and he is quality full stop. Will be a great addition to our current group of young players...who the coach can mold as a unit for the next gold cup which I believe is 2015.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2013, 02:08:55 PM »
Don't know how many ppl see the youth play...I have many times and he is quality full stop. Will be a great addition to our current group of young players...who the coach can mold as a unit for the next gold cup which I believe is 2015.

Thank you. I've seen him while he was at Louisville and you could've tell he would've played at the next level. Even one of my friends coached him at UNLV sing his praises all the time in regards to being top-notch.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
I don't think I or anyone else questioned his ability. However, I do have respect for some of our other committed players, who are consistently expressing their availability. Plus, I think many of them are very good too...I have seen a few of them play.

Bottom line if he express an interest and want to try, fine..but how many times one must call, before a son, oops, or daughter  ( by birth or attrition) answers. :devil:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:08:52 PM by maxg »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:01 AM »
What does it say about the national team if you call up players who show no passion to play for the team or represent teh country? Quality of character should be valued too

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »
What does it say about the national team if you call up players who show no passion to play for the team or represent teh country? Quality of character should be valued too

The man wasn't born in Trinidad I think. So Trinidad was never his first option. I could understand that. He won't be the first footballer to do it.
Youtube Channel

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
No doubt, but it'd be nice if a national team focused on those with a passion to play - one extra player of his quality wont have much effect on our qualification chances, but the principle might be nice to uphold ya know?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »

The man wasn't born in Trinidad I think. So Trinidad was never his first option. I could understand that. He won't be the first footballer to do it.

I doh understand why people feel like these second generation children supposed to automatically pick us first.  As a footballer I would like to believe that many want to be in a good/ great National Team environment that has realistic chances of doing well in tournaments etc.  They should also want to play (IMHO) with a national outfit that gives them the best chance to be seen and scouted if indeed they are serious about a career in football.  I see nothing wrong with them considering all their options as well as taking the proper time to make a decision.  My 9 year old proclaims to be Trini even though he born in the US and has been talking about representing T&T at whichever sport he finally settles into, but if in the future he decide to stay here where he has better facilities and training environments and has a change of heart, I cah be mad at that.  People grossly unreasonable and overly demanding of these athletes and worse it seems on the young ones who might one day be potential legends for our outfit.  The only reason some eh going overboard like they went with Aaron Maund is because small man last name has tremendous recognition and respect, otherwise I sure would be some immature ranting and cussing just because the youthman excercising his right to make his choice in his own time.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »
call de man digicel have free international calls on de weekends
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »
at Scorpi,
and nothing wrong with that. He have every right, and from a football perspective it may serve the coach well. I all for Mr. Deleon making and playing for our National team, as in the footsteps of his father before him. My original question was, who is he replacing ? and depending on who, then what precedence does it set.
What ppl not discussing is for him to be called, someone has to be left out. So If all of the list I gave above declare their availabilty, and considering Dilly is better than "put yuh pic here", is it worth rejecting "yuh pick here" to make the TEAM slightly better ? Because for me, no one NEW (or old for that matter) man, would make a whole TEAM significantly better. Lebron & MJ couldn't do it, Messi, Ronaldo alone...Pele or Maradona couldn't...so my question is should we mess with a team obviously developing team chemistry for a initial slight increase in skill..is he that much better than Molino, Jones, Hector, Peltier, even Roberts, Guerra etc...to tell them and their teamates, "ah know you want to come thru, but hold on, this guy say he ready to play for we, let we see what he got"...
That being said, he could have come thru for these games in Jamaica, since we bringin Birch & Carlos, who will not be featuring, according to them, in the future, so would have been a nice opportunity...relaxed selection, he wouldn't even had had to commit, could have just been a guest player, and see how the vibes play all round. Theo, Birchie and Carlos, might have even help him make his mind up. Anyway, hope it works out for everyone, he and us. Let the REAL DILLY work on him

add: digicel  :rotfl:   what even Stern did only get text

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2013, 12:41:05 PM »
If he waiting for US to call him up.. he's in for a long wait. :) Also I don't blame him not to accept the invite..
It's really a tough decision.. oh and finley was an idiot, not the same thing, US did us a favor when they capped him.
 Fin had a chance with the US squad and did nothing with it. Also however legendary his dad might be, they are 2 different people,
he isn't the next best thing since slice bread, also whats the difference from homegrown players vs Deleon? Facilities?

This whole topic is a bloody joke. Don't want to play for TNT? Fine! We will see u on the battlefield :D

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
Q? has nick de leon played for or represented any of the  u.s national youth teams  under17  /under20?..??   

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
Q? has nick de leon played for or represented any of the  u.s national youth teams  under17  /under20?..??   

No
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
Seems to me that Jamaica does better with their overseas players of Jamaican heritage.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »
Doh know why men bashing DeLeon so.  We have men who grow in Trini from small, played in the SSFL, and still held back before committing to play for us.  Here we have a man that born in the US, went through that youth system, and we vex because he harboring hopes of playing for the US. 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »
who bashing Deleon ? I think u on the wrong thread...
 http://www.nationalenquirer.com/

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »
Doh know why men bashing DeLeon so.  We have men who grow in Trini from small, played in the SSFL, and still held back before committing to play for us.  Here we have a man that born in the US, went through that youth system, and we vex because he harboring hopes of playing for the US.

Exactly.
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
If he waiting for US to call him up.. he's in for a long wait. :) Also I don't blame him not to accept the invite..
It's really a tough decision.. oh and finley was an idiot, not the same thing, US did us a favor when they capped him.
 Fin had a chance with the US squad and did nothing with it. Also however legendary his dad might be, they are 2 different people,
he isn't the next best thing since slice bread, also whats the difference from homegrown players vs Deleon? Facilities?

This whole topic is a bloody joke. Don't want to play for TNT? Fine! We will see u on the battlefield :D

u really feel facilities for training on par with the us in Trini pal?  If you ha to ax dat like if is ah leap den u ha tuh be sufferin wid yuh brains.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »
huh? ???

1]; } ?>