April 29, 2024, 10:59:12 AM

Author Topic: Bateau gets called for Peru friendly.  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bateau gets called for Peru friendly.
« on: January 30, 2013, 05:38:41 AM »
Bateau gets called for Peru friendly.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau has earned his first call up to the Trinidad and Tobago senior team for the upcoming friendly international against Peru at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 8pm on February 6th.

Bateau will join the rest of the squad which assembles for training on Sunday. He joins the likes of Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, Ipswich Town midfielder Carlos Edwards, Racing Genk midfielder Khaleem Hyland and Thailand-based defender Seon Power among the invited overseas players for the encounter.

Iran-based defender Jlloyd Samuel is not available while DC United US-born player Nick De Leon has also indicated that he has opted to decline the invitation for the friendly as he continues to wait on a call up to the US National Team.

Bateau only a couple of weeks ago agreed to a new two-year deal with his Belgium Premier Division club KV Mechelen.

“It’s always an honour to play for your national team. I’ve not made by senior debut as yet but it’s something I’m looking forward to. Now I have secured my contract in Belgium so I can focus fully on my football,” Bateau told TTFF Media.

T&T co-head coach Hutson Charles is eagerly awaiting Wednesday’s contest against the South Americans.

“It’s a very important game for us even though it’s a friendly,” Charles told TTFF Media.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bateau gets called for Peru friendly.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:53:47 AM »
How Jlloyd Samuel not available ?

Like he did not get the text ?

Andre, talk to me !!

This whole TTFF system in a mess, they just cant organise anything right.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:58:26 AM »
Didn't Darryl Roberts get a call up?  ???
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 10:47:01 AM »
Is the TTFF we are dealing with FireBrand. Unless Shaun Fuentes just like writing.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »
Nick you ain't playing for no US team.  You getting cap, play 2-3 times and that's it, just like the 100s of other players.  You know how many players them cap and sideline?  I know our administration have it's issues.  But USA never produce a Dwight, Latas or Cummings.  Come play with some players man.  Your chances of actually holding a spot on a national team is better here. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »
Nick you ain't playing for no US team.  You getting cap, play 2-3 times and that's it, just like the 100s of other players.  You know how many players them cap and sideline?  I know our administration have it's issues.  But USA never produce a Dwight, Latas or Cummings.  Come play with some players man.  Your chances of actually holding a spot on a national team is better here. 
You know that and I know that what you are saying is true but these guys will always feel that they have what it takes to make it at the highest level,sadly the USA have done to quite a few as you said.I only wish they can see it the way we in TT sees it,I suppose they would learn.

1]; } ?>