April 23, 2024, 09:31:57 AM

Author Topic: Ah know ah go take flack fuh this but........  (Read 19655 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah know ah go take flack fuh this but........
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »
Proud tribagonian, when i was a kid VB and i more than likely would not have been friends, for the simple fact that more than likely we would not have lived in the same neighborhood, or attend the same school,

and if we did live in the same neighborhood maybe VB's parents would tell him not to keep company with that nayger boy, being of fearful of me leading him astray.

oh gosh ,ey lol ,

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: So you know my family eh?? You know what my parents did and said when I was a kid. Boss you scarred and seriously so.
Well for your info I was the only Indian kid on the block so I really glad my parents never tell me to stay from the other kids. They didn't even blink an eye when I used to go swimming with the Rastas in Blue Basin.  ;D
You also lack a sense of humor. ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
VB please don't trivialize the guyana affair like that, bc there's more to it.  :shameonyou:

truth be told, guyana had a riot along racial lines and the indians lost not that it made it right, of course forbes should have stepped in and prevent it from happening, but it did not serve his political agenda so he turned a blind eye.

under chadee jagan's administration black guyanese ate the bread that the devil knead, that sparked the existing resentment that the two ethnic groups had for each other that stemmed back from the colonial era. when forbes attempt to cease power fanned the flames even more causing an all race riot.

so don't make it out to be like one day the black guyanese population woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to attack the indo community. there was a lot of provocation and resentment on both sides and one day it spilled over due to US and british manipulation, but you're right about one thing forbes could have done something to stop it, but it did not serve his purpose since he and the CIA were the ones who incited this riot in order to over throw jagan and his marxist policies..

jagan also have to share some blame bc when he was the PM he encouraged indian racist behavior just like panday during his administration.

Idon't know every thing about Guyana but sadly from observations of Indo Guyanese both in Guyana and Toronto, I am tempted to agree with you.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2013, 10:21:32 AM »
VB please don't trivialize the guyana affair like that, bc there's more to it.  :shameonyou:

truth be told, guyana had a riot along racial lines and the indians lost not that it made it right, of course forbes should have stepped in and prevent it from happening, but it did not serve his political agenda so he turned a blind eye.

under chadee jagan's administration black guyanese ate the bread that the devil knead, that sparked the existing resentment that the two ethnic groups had for each other that stemmed back from the colonial era. when forbes attempt to cease power fanned the flames even more causing an all race riot.

so don't make it out to be like one day the black guyanese population woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to attack the indo community. there was a lot of provocation and resentment on both sides and one day it spilled over due to US and british manipulation, but you're right about one thing forbes could have done something to stop it, but it did not serve his purpose since he and the CIA were the ones who incited this riot in order to over throw jagan and his marxist policies..

jagan also have to share some blame bc when he was the PM he encouraged indian racist behavior just like panday did during his administration.

Again I am honest enough to say I don't know but I am aware that many Indo Guyanese are not saints when it comes to racism. I have heard the things they say and it makes me shudder.
I will say this, Cheddy was friends with my Grandfather and he would stay at my GF's house. When the blacks started attacking the Indians when Cheddy was still in charge, he was ecouraged to "deal with the blacks." His response was "You can't fight fire with fire." Now I am not going to tell you that Cheddy is Ghandi but he sure as hell was no Burnham. He and Burn. had an agreement to share the power and Burn. took over - well we all know what happened.

VB
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:26:50 AM by vb »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2013, 12:37:47 PM »
Bakes, my point is this (of course I am apprpoximating numbers based on 20 yrs of observation. We have about 400 thousand Afro Carribean ppl in TO. So 30 percent is a little over 100 thousand.  Now it might be a bit more or less but you talking about 100 thousand ppl. What is get me if I get vex and say Niggah dat or dis or beat someone black and call them racist names, the Afro WIs will probably kill me. But when they see their race doing it they are literally comatose. All dat mouth about racism is boil down like bagee.

Now if an afro WI wants to point out a specific case of opression in TO and it's true (some ppl regardless of background is see race every day, especially when they cant get their way) I will support him. However, if he wants to talk about opression from whitey. I have no intentions of pretending I don't see or know about the most obvious racism I see in TO.

One day I was at a BBQ in Brampton. The men were all black and sons of Trinis. They were talking about racism by white people. And of course they are right we have a racism problem in Canada. And black ppl in particular seem to have a problem with the police when driving. However, after 20 minutes about racist white people, I realzied that the conversation seemed more about racism in general. And I said to the host, "you've been living here longer than me. And you know there is nobody more shameless, bold or agressive when it comes to racism than a black WI." He just smiled and stopped talking. They all did. They're not bad, ignorant ppl. They're decent ppl who were unbiased. They have seen what I have seen. And yes they are black and I respect them as friends because they are decent.

It seems to confuse some here when I say some of my best friends are black WI.
Well we have racist whites in Canada, we have the Arian Nation and the New World Order. However that doesn't stop me from being friends with decent, good, white people.

I can assume that the Africans on this site have close friends who are white or Indian but that won't stop you from criticizing  a racist Indian or white fool. As said before I will criticize any racist ass, including my own race. But that doesn't mean I can't show a proper human being - regardless of his race - the proper respect.

VB

I was not at all confused... just found it convenient.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
Every one with their moderate view lemme ask allyuh something. did allyuh watch the clip on greenwooed tusla oklahoma?? and if yuh did, just answer me this.

if you were in this position where one day every thing was looking up and the next day your world was turned upside down to such an extent that not even the law of the land could have protected you just like these ppl in tulsa, tell meh, how would allyuh recover from that??

it have man here who willing to give grown men advice on how tuh conduct their lives only bc they take offense to when racial discrimination is confronted aggressively and unapologetically, but these same men really never experience full blown racism.

how could you advise ah man on something you are a stranger too? you have never walked a mile in that mans shoes but yuh ready to find fault with his method of survival.

i know for a fact that if anyone of you guys were ina position as the ppl in tulsa where the KKK came in and destroy all that yuh work for with reckless abandonment allyuh would need counsceling for the rest of yuhs life!

imagine man bawling bc couple ppl get man handled or beatdown by prejudice kids, could you imagine if they experienced running for their lives from the very ppl who has sworn to protect them while watching their friend and property perish @ the hands of ah whole racist town and nothing came of it.

imagine judges, police officers, fire fighters, lawyers, soldiers, men, women , children, doctors , dentist,  all these responsible people shooting down your friends and family like dogs in the streets, mother, father, brother, sister, grandmother , grandfather, infant niece and nephews, tell me after an experience like that if you wouldn't hate these fackers and never trust them again.

i see allyuh holding grudge for, and hate jamal shabazz with ah passion like he killed someone in allyuh family just bc he took part in the coup, so i eh want tuh hear no forgiveness talk, or else allyuh will have to forgive shabbaz as well.

same for 911, it's been five yrs and these white folks eh want tuh hear nothing bout no forgiveness nah, uptil now they hunting the taliban and they didn't have nothing to do with 911.

VB what's sayest you about greenwood tulsa oklahoma on may 31st 1921 ??

You completely missed the point (say nothing of making wild assumptions)... but say what, is your life and your blood pressure boss  :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »
Then this:

Dwight York, founder and kingpin of the black supremacist hate group Nuwaubian Nation of Moors, pleaded guilty in January in what prosecutors called the largest case ever mounted against a single child molester.

A decade ago, as chronicled in the Fall 2002 Intelligence Report, York moved the headquarters of his sprawling cult (which claims chapters in several U.S. and foreign cities) from Brooklyn, N.Y., to a 476-acre dairy farm in rural Georgia. York told his followers they were building a sovereign nation where they would be free from the influence of white "devils."

But the leader, who claimed at various times to be a space alien and God in the flesh, had other reasons to want sovereignty. After 25 years of leading his cult, York had left New York while authorities were investigating allegations of molestation, murder and financial shenanigans.

The law finally caught up with York last May, when he was indicted on 197 counts of child molestation. Prosecutors said the number of counts could have reached the thousands, but York's young victims could not recall all the specific dates on which he abused them.

Rather than face a trial, the Nuwaubian "savior" pleaded guilty in January to 77 state charges of molesting 13 Nuwaubian children. The 57-year-old York, who will serve between 15 and 50 years in federal prison, also copped pleas to federal charges of financial reporting fraud and transporting children across state lines for sex. York forfeited the more than $400,000 in cash that was taken from his house when federal and local officers raided the Nuwaubian compound last May. Part of the money will go to his victims.

Some of York's cult members, taught to believe he was the target of a vendetta by white racists and "house niggers," have remained loyal. But several of the formerly faithful have denounced York. His driver during the 1970s, Saadik Redd, told the Macon Telegraph he hopes his daughter — still a disciple of York's — will join other Nuwaubians in leaving the group.

"I hope they can see the fallacy in him," Saadik said, "and understand that the whole thing was a lie."

The man talking about institutionalized racism and you self coming with this bullshit to fack up de flow?

HJe started off showing hate groups..I was merely pointing out that there are many hate groups, both black and white and explained to him that he should give less relevance to the idiots.

truetrini

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
There is a reason why there are usually laws to protect minorities!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2013, 06:38:44 AM »
VB, look your generalizations right here. If those statements are not generalizations, then I concede to you.

In my opinion, it's only about 30% of the WI pop that are like this, 60% eh give one ass but too smart or educated to show it publicly and 10% totally don't support that behaviour.
VB

Bakes, my point is this (of course I am apprpoximating numbers based on 20 yrs of observation. We have about 400 thousand Afro Carribean ppl in TO. So 30 percent is a little over 100 thousand.  Now it might be a bit more or less but you talking about 100 thousand ppl.

Watch out for that chip on your shoulder. You are implying that it is not abnormal for 120,000 black WI to beat up on people in the TTC and another 240,000 who doh give a damn. If that is not a generalization, I stand corrected.

It is interesting that your posts directed at me have degenerated into passive aggressive ad hominem comments about me and my daughter. Take win.

No ad hominem but rather should your family experience what others have withno public record, you may be forced to not take them seriously. If I a correct
Seeing that you are a man who need substantiation I am sure those who were attacked and spoken to by the police have their statements as a matter of public record. The odd radio station (never seen it on tv) has done storie with the victims of reverse discrimination. If you need records so much go and ask them.

But it's an insult to these ppl to dismiss their experiences becz you didn't see a tv report about it.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »

But it's an insult to these ppl to dismiss their experiences becz you didn't see a tv report about it.

Who de arse dismissing these experiences???

You still missing de whole damn point... I don't know if it is willful at this point.

Do you not imply that it is not abnormal for 120,000 black WI to beat up on people in the TTC and another 240,000 who doh give a damn. ?

do you stand by this? Come nah fatima man, yuh smarter than this... jeez
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »

You still missing de whole damn point... I don't know if it is willful at this point.

Do you not imply that it is not abnormal for 120,000 black WI to beat up on people in the TTC and another 240,000 who doh give a damn. ?

[/quote

Pecan was clearly dismissive - as he put it hearsay, well peple who reported it to the police would have it as public record.

If you want to hit me on my "estimation," I will accept it. No one can be sure, is not like we could count them or they will volunteer themselves.
But it is alarming to see the nonchalance of WIs when they are witnessing it. Again this would be in the police reports.

VB

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2013, 08:14:17 AM »
I wouldn't even let this fella play with his own kids  ;)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

Pecan was clearly dismissive - as he put it hearsay, well peple who reported it to the police would have it as public record.

If you want to hit me on my "estimation," I will accept it. No one can be sure, is not like we could count them or they will volunteer themselves.
But it is alarming to see the nonchalance of WIs when they are witnessing it. Again this would be in the police reports.

VB

I was going to call it a day but I feel the need to clarify a few things ... I now see why you are annoyed with me.

For the record, I never dismissed your personal experiences. What I challenged (dismissed if you want to use that word) was using these incidents (anecdotes - I don't know you - why should I accept it at face value especially since your conclusions are inflammatory; "challenging" is not synonymous with "dismissive") to extrapolate or generalize that:

1) 30% of Black WI were overtly racist to the point where it was not abnormal for them to beat up people on the TTC.
2) 60% of Black WI did not care if this occurred
3) 10% did not support this behaviour.

And I continue to challenge you conclusions especially you calculated that the 30% was over 100,000 people. Even if these people acted out only once a year, then that would equate to 100,000 incidents a year or 274 race related beat-downs a day.  Even if they worked as gang of 10 and only did it once a year, that would equate to 27 race related assaults on the TTC a day.   Believe me, if the TTC was receiving 27 race related complaints/day or 10,000/year, it would be all over the news.  In other words, your statistics deserved to be challenged. And as a competent Journalist, you should rise to the challenge unless of course it is emotion-based rather than objective reporting..

I don't need to look up police statistics. I challenged you to support your assertions and all you did was to come back with more anecdotes and hearsay. 

You finally concede that your 30% is a estimation.  But that estimate is still based on 15 data points in 20 years plus hearsay from your friends and family and using that estimate to paint a broad brush on the black WI population smacks of stereotyping. Perpetuating generalized statements like what you made will lead to racism, the very thing which you claim to abhor. That is poor journalism.  You can't expect to make sweeping generalizations and not expect to get challenged.  And when you do, you ignore the salient point of the challenge and attack the challenger with comments that suggest that I trivialize or dismiss what is clearly unacceptable racist behavior. 

Overt race related behaviors happens on the TTC but not likely to the extent that you have stated and no doubt, needs to be addressed more definitively.

And hyperbole does not advance the cause one bit.   

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »
Pecan,

if you wish to challenge stats that's fine. I did make an approximation and as I am not Rain Man, I can see the doubt in a third party's eyes. I did some demographics research with Stats Canada in the mid 90s for a Caribbean paper - as one needs to know the market.
The numbers for the Afro Cbbn population then was around 330 000 (this included their children born in Canada). So even if the pop didn't grow you can see what 30 percent is. Yes that 30 percent is my estimation - it could be worse or better.

Who says 100 000 ppl are doing it once a yr. it could be much less and yes even with groups even less but still an alarming number. I am not going to say there are one thousand incidents a yr. but the fact that the Press does not seem to want to cover it makes it impossible to know.
I did not say that these events are SOLELY about physical abuse but racial abuse in general. My incident on the bus had no one attacking me or the woman involved.

You seem to know how journalism works in Toronto. However, this is one of the reasons whites I've met are frustrated.
Yes, I've seen this on the TTCC but also at Keel/Finch and in the downtown area. Not once were they reported on the news. So did I have a hallucination becz the Press didn't cover it.
I do know that the dailies are scared to death of upsetting blacks. Because this may lead to the boycotting of products advertised in the papers which leads to a loss of revenue. But honestly that is not reason enough.

Every WI I've met in TO who has lived there for some yrs. knows what I'm talking about (the 30% aside) so I am confused as to how you have no idea. But it's not something I can wast time pondering upon.

Now I have told you about the accounts of myself and about 10 odd ppl what about the million plus living in Toronto who may have their own stories. Again - no Press to rely on.

Once in my life did I see coverage on this. By chance I was in a taxi and the radio was on - apparently and Indian girl was attacked at Kennedy Station. Her nose ring was ripped off and she was beaten down the escalator by four black youths screaming "Don't dress black, don't dress black." As she put it, "sneaker, jeans and a denim jacket don't seem to be dressing black. What is it to dress black and if I were, does that give them the right to beat me."
This report was not taken up by ONE tv station or newspaper. I never would have known about it had I not taken that taxi and the driver not had that station on.

I am guessing you missed this report. And contrary to your logic this "news" was not taken up by the TV stations.

Boss, just because the press don't report it, doesn't meant it's not happening.

I have no animosity towards you and I'm genuinely pleased that you and your children have not had to experience this. However, TO is my city too, this problem does not seem to be devolving and minorities must learn to look inwards and not always blame others.

Feel to question my stats - on that point I can see your logic. But not everything is based on logic. If your logic tells you that the TO press would be all over cases of reverse discrimination - good luck waiting.

For over 20 years non whites used to have problems at national trials in TT (I've spoken to some of them). Not one journalist in TT ever covered this (does it only matter when black pp suffer). You know who was the  first journalist to touch on that topic - me.

As Ghandi put it (parahrasing) - If you know you speak the truth, don't deter even if all others disagree.

I believe you when you say you have no idea about this in TO. Hopefully, you'll never have to find out the hard way.

VB
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:12:26 AM by vb »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
VB, dahs what yuh was doing during de game?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2013, 11:13:53 PM »
VB, dahs what yuh was doing during de game?

Nah. dat is what I was doing during half time.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
Pecan,

if you wish to challenge stats that's fine. I did make an approximation and as I am not Rain Man, I can see the doubt in a third party's eyes. I did some demographics research with Stats Canada in the mid 90s for a Caribbean paper - as one needs to know the market.
The numbers for the Afro Cbbn population then was around 330 000 (this included their children born in Canada). So even if the pop didn't grow you can see what 30 percent is. Yes that 30 percent is my estimation - it could be worse or better.

Who says 100 000 ppl are doing it once a yr. it could be much less and yes even with groups even less but still an alarming number. I am not going to say there are one thousand incidents a yr. but the fact that the Press does not seem to want to cover it makes it impossible to know.
I did not say that these events are SOLELY about physical abuse but racial abuse in general. My incident on the bus had no one attacking me or the woman involved.

You seem to know how journalism works in Toronto. However, this is one of the reasons whites I've met are frustrated.
Yes, I've seen this on the TTCC but also at Keel/Finch and in the downtown area. Not once were they reported on the news. So did I have a hallucination becz the Press didn't cover it.
I do know that the dailies are scared to death of upsetting blacks. Because this may lead to the boycotting of products advertised in the papers which leads to a loss of revenue. But honestly that is not reason enough.

Every WI I've met in TO who has lived there for some yrs. knows what I'm talking about (the 30% aside) so I am confused as to how you have no idea. But it's not something I can wast time pondering upon.

Now I have told you about the accounts of myself and about 10 odd ppl what about the million plus living in Toronto who may have their own stories. Again - no Press to rely on.

Once in my life did I see coverage on this. By chance I was in a taxi and the radio was on - apparently and Indian girl was attacked at Kennedy Station. Her nose ring was ripped off and she was beaten down the escalator by four black youths screaming "Don't dress black, don't dress black." As she put it, "sneaker, jeans and a denim jacket don't seem to be dressing black. What is it to dress black and if I were, does that give them the right to beat me."
This report was not taken up by ONE tv station or newspaper. I never would have known about it had I not taken that taxi and the driver not had that station on.

I am guessing you missed this report. And contrary to your logic this "news" was not taken up by the TV stations.

Boss, just because the press don't report it, doesn't meant it's not happening.

I have no animosity towards you and I'm genuinely pleased that you and your children have not had to experience this. However, TO is my city too, this problem does not seem to be devolving and minorities must learn to look inwards and not always blame others.

Feel to question my stats - on that point I can see your logic. But not everything is based on logic. If your logic tells you that the TO press would be all over cases of reverse discrimination - good luck waiting.

For over 20 years non whites used to have problems at national trials in TT (I've spoken to some of them). Not one journalist in TT ever covered this (does it only matter when black pp suffer). You know who was the  first journalist to touch on that topic - me.

As Ghandi put it (parahrasing) - If you know you speak the truth, don't deter even if all others disagree.

I believe you when you say you have no idea about this in TO. Hopefully, you'll never have to find out the hard way.

VB

yeah, it was the stats that riled me. I am more inclined to agree that the 30% might be closer to the truth is it includes both physical and non-physical racists behaviour. For that matter, the 30% likely applies to all races.  Every race has it share of people who have prejudices and will act on these biases in a racist fashion.

anyways ...  :beermug: maybe we go bounce up on the TTC one day  ;) 

truetrini

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »
Pecan same thing vb saying, why yuh want to bounce up de man?  tsk tsk tsk

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2013, 01:21:44 PM »
Pecan same thing vb saying, why yuh want to bounce up de man?  tsk tsk tsk

Nah, he could bounce me up man, that's allright.  :)

Btw, although I may have gone  in depth to make a point to Pecan, I may have given others the idea that TO is some kind of racial cesspit. The truth is the govt. has serious laws about racism and there are ppl of all races who get along just fine.
But like any mega city with massive migration we have a lot of positives and some negatives.

Perhaps one of the best ways to describe the situation here was by a black New Yorker I met in the 90s.
The guy was an amateur heavyweight boxer- a heavyweight - physically big and imposing but very well and soft spoken. He and his friends would come to TO about three times a yr. He told me that what he liked about TO was that he never felt aware of being a black man. As he put it, he was having dinner with a white woman in a restaurant in TO and everything was normal. He stressed that if was the only black man in a rest. in NY,he would definitely be aware of it.

I really don't know what that's like as I've never had to feel self conscious of my colour no matter what rest. I walked into in TO. So it gave me a greater appreciation of life in our city.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
VB, look at what's being propagated at a Toronto high school

NOTE: school officials have stated that this is a hoax and the letter did not originate from the school

someone is certainly trying to stir the pot.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/11/richview-collegiate-probing-racist-letter-posted-online

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »

Btw, although I may have gone  in depth to make a point to Pecan, I may have given others the idea that TO is some kind of racial cesspit. The truth is the govt. has serious laws about racism and there are ppl of all races who get along just fine.
But like any mega city with massive migration we have a lot of positives and some negatives.

Perhaps one of the best ways to describe the situation here was by a black New Yorker I met in the 90s.
The guy was an amateur heavyweight boxer- a heavyweight - physically big and imposing but very well and soft spoken. He and his friends would come to TO about three times a yr. He told me that what he liked about TO was that he never felt aware of being a black man. As he put it, he was having dinner with a white woman in a restaurant in TO and everything was normal. He stressed that if was the only black man in a rest. in NY,he would definitely be aware of it.

I really don't know what that's like as I've never had to feel self conscious of my colour no matter what rest. I walked into in TO. So it gave me a greater appreciation of life in our city.

That restaurant musta been in early 90s Bensonhurst... because I eat in restaurant all over Manhattan, with people of all kinds of races.  Never one day felt self-conscious.  True of too many US cities to count.  Half ah dat self-conscious thing is self-fulfilling b.s. that residing in dem fellas head.  They feeling uncomfortable like maybe they standing out, then they start looking around to see who watching them... then every glance becomes an accusation.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2013, 11:36:53 PM »

That restaurant musta been in early 90s Bensonhurst... because I eat in restaurant all over Manhattan, with people of all kinds of races.  Never one day felt self-conscious.  True of too many US cities to count.  Half ah dat self-conscious thing is self-fulfilling b.s. that residing in dem fellas head.  They feeling uncomfortable like maybe they standing out, then they start looking around to see who watching them... then every glance becomes an accusation.

You may have a point but he wasn't getting no glances in TO apparently.
But I could kinda understand the looks he might get. He was an imposing looking mofo.

VB

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »

An attack by a man of colour on the TTC. But no mention of whether it was racially motivated. VB this one got reported.

Aye VB, the incident took place in close to my daughter's neighbourhoor and on the same train line she rides almost everyday.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/02/27/man_stabbed_at_davisville_subway_platform.html

Good Samaritan stabbed on TTC subway

A Good Samaritan was stabbed in the neck after standing up to a heckler harassing passengers aboard a TTC subway Wednesday night, police say.

At around 10:20 p.m., the 34-year-old man was on a southbound train near Davisville station when another man began pacing around the car and provoking commuters.

“It appears this guy was just being a jerk to people on the train,” said Staff Sgt. Matt Moyers.

Eventually, the victim stood up and asked the man to stop.

“He was like, ‘Hey listen, enough’s enough,’” Moyers said. “‘C’mon man. Leave these people alone.’”

The assailant reacted by jabbing a knife into the victim’s neck without warning.

“The [knife] clipped a little artery,” said Moyers. “It bled fairly well.”

A passenger assistance alarm was activated and people aboard the train assisted the man as emergency crews rushed to the scene.

The victim was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.

The suspect managed escape to the scene without being apprehended.

“The weird thing is the guy walked out of the train,” said Moyers. “I thought he would run or bolt.”

Police have released security camera photos of the attacker, and are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying him.

He is described as a black male aged 30 to 32, around 6 feet tall with a thin build. He was wearing a black jacket with a hoodie and carrying a white plastic bag.

He is considered to be armed and dangerous.

With files from Sarah Taguiam.

Police have released security camera photos of the attacker, and are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying him.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2013, 01:26:09 PM »
mens here said this is not good but ,race should not even be put in the equation ,they just being young.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:36:06 PM by Quags »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »

Pecan,

I'll go out on a limb and say it wasn't racially motivated because (I'm assuming) the witnesses would've told the police and they would've reported as much when speaking to the Press.

Back in 1997 I had to battle with a mentally challenged black male who tried to throw a child out of the train whilst there was one moving on the opposite track.

Finally two fellas entered and helped me. Dotish me I run off to work once the situation was over.
The first fella to help me say he alone do it and nobody do anything.

You know most memeber so the press refuse to print what I said to them. One reporter even falsified his report - City TV to make it look like I agreed. Thank God for the Caribbean Camera.

Wish there was CCTV on the train back then.

Yeah the fella who lie was black too - Victor Crowle (sp) but that had nothing to do with race either.

VB

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »

Yeah the fella who lie was black too - Victor Crowle (sp) but that had nothing to do with race either.

VB

Then why mention it?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »

Pecan,

I'll go out on a limb and say it wasn't racially motivated because (I'm assuming) the witnesses would've told the police and they would've reported as much when speaking to the Press.

Back in 1997 I had to battle with a mentally challenged black male who tried to throw a child out of the train whilst there was one moving on the opposite track.

Finally two fellas entered and helped me. Dotish me I run off to work once the situation was over.

You know most memeber so the press refuse to print what I said to them. One reporter even falsified his report - City TV to make it look like I agreed. Thank God for the Caribbean Camera.

VB

VB, I was being a bit facetious by making this post and being a bit of a s**t disturber by mentioning the "race" question. 

It just seemed to me a bit odd that this attack got reported but the race related ones with similar consequences don't.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »

Pecan,

VB

VB, I was being a bit facetious by making this post and being a bit of a s**t disturber by mentioning the "race" question. 

It just seemed to me a bit odd that this attack got reported but the race related ones with similar consequences don't.

Remember a man got stabbed and there was CCTV but actually that shouldn't matter.
Believe me I've met many white ppl who wonder the same in Toronto.  :)

truetrini

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »
tings muist be f**ked up in TO, allyuh calling money Looney and tooney...what de f**k allyuh expect?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »
tings muist be f**ked up in TO, allyuh calling money Looney and tooney...what de f**k allyuh expect?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i cyah blame yuh.  ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2013, 09:57:05 PM »

VB

Then why mention it?

Good question.

For two reasons. Race had nothing to do with it, the same if a white man had come along and done the same shi* to a black man. It was just plain dotishness. Just like what Pecan pointed out above.

Also becz when I was ineterviewed by the paper that carried my account. The reporter asked me what if the guy respons that this was about race. I was confused. So the rep. explained "well he's black."

I could only say "but I'm not white." I was genuinely confused. I didn't understand how race had anything to with him just being a lying cun*.
The reporter explained he might accuse me of being racist towards a black man. I really couldn't see that happening and it didn't. But we live in a very multi cultural city where sometimes ppl like to play the race card shamelessly so you never know.

But bottom line that incident had nothing to do with race.

VB

1]; } ?>