March 29, 2024, 12:19:02 AM

Author Topic: Ah know ah go take flack fuh this but........  (Read 19441 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah know ah go take flack fuh this but........
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »

Sometimes we too paranoid about race when we are in an environment that we think should be so.

Some years ago I was in Manhattan with my daughters on a lil holiday, after walking about with them all morning (yuh know in and out of shops) I said right time for lunch.

I was feeling for a lil sandwich, they were indifeerent so we walked into a small restaurant.
Immediately I felt a strangeness about the place, the tables were long and the seats were benchs.
The menu was weird but then I thought this is New York and it could be some Latvian restaurant or something.

Anyhow by now the 2 other customers , the waiters and the supervisor were giving us some looks that I thought were pretty mean but I said fook dat I buying and eating here (a little show of barvado in front of the girls).

The only thing I felt sounded edible were some sausages which I ordered, the girls just had coke.

The thing tasted like spiciy chalk anyhow called for the bill and picked up enough nerve to ask the waiter why we were getting the nasty stares .

He laughed and said they were not nasty stares but incredulous stares since we were the first black jews to ever eat there.

I told my daughters it was a test.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2013, 07:58:29 AM »

Sometimes we too paranoid about race when we are in an environment that we think should be so.

True words!

But how did they know you were Jews?
whey boy!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2013, 08:21:40 AM »

Some years ago I was in Manhattan with my daughters on a lil holiday, after walking about with them all morning (yuh know in and out of shops) I said right time for lunch.

I was feeling for a lil sandwich, they were indifeerent so we walked into a small restaurant.
Immediately I felt a strangeness about the place, the tables were long and the seats were benchs.
The menu was weird but then I thought this is New York and it could be some Latvian restaurant or something.

Anyhow by now the 2 other customers , the waiters and the supervisor were giving us some looks that I thought were pretty mean but I said fook dat I buying and eating here (a little show of barvado in front of the girls).

The only thing I felt sounded edible were some sausages which I ordered, the girls just had coke.

The thing tasted like spiciy chalk anyhow called for the bill and picked up enough nerve to ask the waiter why we were getting the nasty stares .

He laughed and said they were not nasty stares but incredulous stares since we were the first black jews to ever eat there.

I told my daughters it was a test.

good example of how things are not always what they may appear to be.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »
this happen close to where i am. looks like they catch de guy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/03/01/toronto-subway-stabbing-arrest.html

he was on probation so he eh go be homeless for long. is the don for he.

An attack by a man of colour on the TTC. But no mention of whether it was racially motivated. VB this one got reported.

Aye VB, the incident took place in close to my daughter's neighbourhoor and on the same train line she rides almost everyday.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/02/27/man_stabbed_at_davisville_subway_platform.html

Good Samaritan stabbed on TTC subway

A Good Samaritan was stabbed in the neck after standing up to a heckler harassing passengers aboard a TTC subway Wednesday night, police say.

At around 10:20 p.m., the 34-year-old man was on a southbound train near Davisville station when another man began pacing around the car and provoking commuters.

“It appears this guy was just being a jerk to people on the train,” said Staff Sgt. Matt Moyers.

Eventually, the victim stood up and asked the man to stop.

“He was like, ‘Hey listen, enough’s enough,’” Moyers said. “‘C’mon man. Leave these people alone.’”

The assailant reacted by jabbing a knife into the victim’s neck without warning.

“The [knife] clipped a little artery,” said Moyers. “It bled fairly well.”

A passenger assistance alarm was activated and people aboard the train assisted the man as emergency crews rushed to the scene.

The victim was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.

The suspect managed escape to the scene without being apprehended.

“The weird thing is the guy walked out of the train,” said Moyers. “I thought he would run or bolt.”

Police have released security camera photos of the attacker, and are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying him.

He is described as a black male aged 30 to 32, around 6 feet tall with a thin build. He was wearing a black jacket with a hoodie and carrying a white plastic bag.

He is considered to be armed and dangerous.

With files from Sarah Taguiam.

Police have released security camera photos of the attacker, and are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying him.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2013, 01:50:37 AM »

True words!

But how did they know you were Jews?

We are not but the restaurant was Jewish.

Apparently jewish fare is an acquired taste
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>